Discuss.

GoatBoy
10-31-2015, 12:07 AM
They really aren't that good.

Harden's cursed, Lawson's drunk, and Howard is far past washed

bobopenguin
10-31-2015, 12:08 AM
what are ur excuses now rockets fans?

i thought u guys were so hyped that lawson landed in Houston, and the new dynasty shaped up.

oh wait, i got it. Dmo wasnt playing. so that's the excuse.

still got a chance to go 80-2. just need to win all the remaining games in this season.

LakersForlife
10-31-2015, 12:13 AM
losing by 20 at home 2 straight. they should start rebuilding

Naero
10-31-2015, 12:13 AM
A pair of 20-point home-game losses to start off the season; that may only be a sample size, but extremities of sample sizes become more worrisome than usual...

Sooner or later, the hourglass is going to have to start ticking on Kevin McHale; it's either that, or he will need to retool himself with more defensive-able assistant-coaching personnel to complement him. I think McHale is a good coach overall in part due to his playtime management and the ball movement he instigates from his players (aside from the erratic James Harden iso-play); but the fact is that his team has the championship-contention talent, and his team's defense is irredeemable in that hunt—especially as no team within the past-15 years won a championship without top-10 defensive-ratings (aside from the 2001 Lakers and/or the 2011 Dallas Mavericks, iirc).

If these skids continue or if they burn out with an early-round exit in the playoffs, expect this team to be among several that may be vying for Tom Thibodeau next summer.

bdreason
10-31-2015, 12:59 AM
Not sure what happened to their defense in the off-season. Could be a case of the Rockets drinking too much of their own kool-aid. Or maybe they let Lawson make the kool-aid? Big mistake.

Rocketswin2013
10-31-2015, 01:17 AM
Hopefully it gets to around 0 - 5. The FO had a shitty overreaction in extending McHale. Hopefully they pull a 2013 Lakers and fire him while doing the same. Horrible offense and defense.

Not sure what happened to their defense in the off-season. Could be a case of the Rockets drinking too much of their own kool-aid. Or maybe they let Lawson make the kool-aid? Big mistake.
I wish they'd play Lawson-ball and let him make the Kool-Aid, or something. Anything. They took offensive primacy from Harden and ****ing Patrick Beverley was out there handling the ball for long stretches when I was watching.

I have a lot more to bitch about(Harden's intensity compared to last year at this point, defensive effort, lineups, HOWARD) but I'll stop here.

Howard ****ing sucks but this team still has potential. D-Mo was our best big last year, he'll probably be this year again.

I think this team will win games in the late 40's range and really give someone trouble in the postseason if healthy. But the hype coming in was CLEARLY unwarranted. Hopefully they prove me wrong but I doubt it.

Mike Armstrong
10-31-2015, 02:08 AM
I blame Harden.

4 Inches
10-31-2015, 02:11 AM
Harden really missing that Armenian pussi

All Net
10-31-2015, 03:40 AM
Harden and Houston have really looked terrible

bobopenguin
10-31-2015, 04:51 AM
Harden and Houston have really looked terrible

rockets fans missing in actions.
they are bunch of jokers. when deron sucked big time, i still stand strong in this forum.

Sportal
10-31-2015, 04:56 AM
I believe they'll still finish with a lot better record than the Magic.

R.I.P.
10-31-2015, 05:40 AM
Discuss.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSnb-r4UwAAFQ-B.jpg

buddha
10-31-2015, 05:56 AM
they shot terribly against the Nuggets and were 1-8 against the Warriors last year with most of those losses being 10+. The Rockets will still be the same team they were last year but they aren't a real contender. second round exit unless Chris Paul, Chris Pauls.

zeerghit
10-31-2015, 06:18 AM
motiejunas is the glue

bobopenguin
10-31-2015, 06:34 AM
motiejunas is the glue

i thought parsons was the glue guy, then i thought bev was the glu guy, soon later i thought ariza was the glu guy, but turned out lawson was suppose to be the glu guy. so now i guess its dmo's job to be a glu guy?

Jameerthefear
10-31-2015, 07:07 AM
I believe they'll still finish with a lot better record than the Magic.
Uhhh, I would hope so

bigkingsfan
10-31-2015, 07:32 AM
Analytics aren't working, self destruct activated.

SexSymbol
10-31-2015, 07:51 AM
Their best player is injured, what do you really expect?

bobopenguin
10-31-2015, 08:35 AM
Their best player is injured, what do you really expect?

that's right, they should build around Dmo. Harden isnt the right sidekick for Dmo.

zeerghit
10-31-2015, 08:54 AM
that's right, they should build around Dmo. Harden isnt the right sidekick for Dmo.

why u so sarcastic? dmo actually was the 2nd best player last year (when he played PF not C), hes very good defender, and have nice offensive game

smoovegittar
10-31-2015, 10:40 AM
Too many clowns spells CIRCUS.

ImKobe
10-31-2015, 10:56 AM
who could have imagined during the offseason that the Lakers would be on par with the Houston Rockets :)

diamenz
10-31-2015, 06:53 PM
Too many clowns spells CIRCUS.

lol this right here. i feel sorry for mchale.

Uncle Drew
10-31-2015, 06:55 PM
Moreyball is overrated.

WorldWarriors
10-31-2015, 07:04 PM
Harden :lol https://vine.co/v/OHxx0jiaJMz

SCdac
10-31-2015, 07:30 PM
Harden: 3/22 from three :lol

that's 14%.. and over half of his shots have been three's

I'm sure he'll pick it up but dude is too trigger happy from beyond the arch

R.I.P.
10-31-2015, 07:45 PM
Harden: 3/22 from three :lol

that's 14%.. and over half of his shots have been three's

I'm sure he'll pick it up but dude is too trigger happy from beyond the arch

Harden is basically Monta Ellis with a beard that makes him noticable, which attracts ref support. The ref support gets taken away and you realize he

Smook A.
10-31-2015, 07:49 PM
1. Harden has looked ****ing terrible. I don't know what's up with his shot, but it has looked like ass so far. Dwight is making the same dumbass mistakes. Stupid fouls, stupid post ups.

2. The defense has looked atrocious. Easy buckets in the paint, letting guys roll off the screen, not switching, etc. Also, letting the teams get offensive rebounds doesn't help one bit.

3. Too many damn turnovers.

Monta Ellis MVP
10-31-2015, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Harden is basically Monta Ellis with a beard that makes him noticable, which attracts ref support. The ref support gets taken away and you realize he

SCdac
10-31-2015, 08:01 PM
When I watch Harden I see a player with Gilbert Arenas' mentality and sense of self-worth. He's in love with his own offense and will take any three pointer he sees. Can drive and dish when need be but he'd rather shoot. Probably thinks he's the best player in the game cause he can drop 30 or 40+ from time to time... but there's more to the game than that

Spurs5Rings2014
11-01-2015, 01:41 AM
When I watch Harden I see a player with Gilbert Arenas' mentality and sense of self-worth. He's in love with his own offense and will take any three pointer he sees. Can drive and dish when need be but he'd rather shoot. Probably thinks he's the best player in the game cause he can drop 30 or 40+ from time to time... but there's more to the game than that

Damn, lol. Don't do 'em like that.

:oldlol:

el_locoteee
11-01-2015, 06:38 AM
1. Harden has looked ****ing terrible. I don't know what's up with his shot, but it has looked like ass so far. Dwight is making the same dumbass mistakes. Stupid fouls, stupid post ups.

2. The defense has looked atrocious. Easy buckets in the paint, letting guys roll off the screen, not switching, etc. Also, letting the teams get offensive rebounds doesn't help one bit.

3. Too many damn turnovers.

They still on preseason as a team, but Harden shoot have been off.
The only two player that looked good and ready in the preseason games were Ariza and Brewer and they can't make a basket either. But the talent is there, to bad this games counts.