PDA

View Full Version : I Made a Thread About Kobe Being the Worst player in the NBA...

RoundMoundOfReb
11-02-2015, 12:41 AM
When factoring in:

-Salary cap hit
-Repelling of potential FA signings
-That his popularity and delusional fan base assures that he'll play roughly 30 mins per game no matter how bad he plays

earlier this year and a mod deleted it. Turns out:

I was right.

Mr. Jabbar
11-02-2015, 12:42 AM
I Made a Thread About Kobe

:rockon:

imdaman99
11-02-2015, 12:43 AM
He still has more rings than all the bandwagons you root for.

Shitty poster makes shitty thread. Breaking news!

dubeta
11-02-2015, 12:44 AM
Agreed, #Visionary #JusticefortheLeThickFam :rockon:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-02-2015, 12:45 AM
Chalk this one up as another colossal W for the LeBron Family.

Nick Young
11-02-2015, 12:45 AM
Ryan Kelly is the worst player in the NBA

RoundMoundOfReb
11-02-2015, 12:47 AM
Ryan Kelly is the worst player in the NBA

1. ryan kelly makes like 1/50th what kobe makes

2. ryan kelly doesn't repel FAs

3. ryan kelly can be benched

4. ryan kelly is better than kobe

PistonsFan#21
11-02-2015, 12:51 AM

http://i47.tinypic.com/eamu0h.jpg

AlphaWolf24
11-02-2015, 12:52 AM
bookmarked

dubeta
11-02-2015, 12:52 AM

SHUT IT DOWN

http://i47.tinypic.com/eamu0h.jpg

Kblaze8855
11-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Not one of those things determines how good he is at basketball. At most it could determine net franchise value of a player...and considering the money hes worth to the Lakers and league even there you dont have much of a case. A million Kobe jerseys a year alone generates more revenue than hes paid...not profit...but revenue. Kobe was recently #1 in China....and europe...and latin America. No doubt the years of greatness and attention hes given them helped justify that billion dollar tv deal the Lakers have...just locally. Kobe could never be paid what he generates.

And you sure as hell have no case basketball wise.

There is no case to be made Kobe is the worst player on his team...forget league. Its a stupid ****ing topic and thats all there is to it.

AlphaWolf24
11-02-2015, 01:04 AM
Not one of those things determines how good he is at basketball. At most it could determine net franchise value of a player...and considering the money hes worth to the Lakers and league even there you dont have much of a case. A million Kobe jerseys a year alone generates more revenue than hes paid...not profit...but revenue. Kobe was recently #1 in China....and europe...and latin America. No doubt the years of greatness and attention hes given them helped justify that billion dollar tv deal the Lakers have...just locally. Kobe could never be paid what he generates.

There is no case to be made Kobe is the worst player on his team...forget league. Its a stupid ****ing topic and thats all there is to it.

pleez don't lock it.....

gonna bump it in few months when Kobe got his groove back....

gonna taste good.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-02-2015, 01:05 AM
The amount of revenue he's generating doesn't really matter (from a on-court sense) since:

1. There is a salary cap

2. No matter how bad or irrelevant the Lakers are, much like the knicks, they will be profitable enough to spend to the cap limits.

dubeta
11-02-2015, 01:06 AM

OP where are those stats showing Kobe has the worst PER?

JT123
11-02-2015, 01:08 AM
Chalk this one up as another colossal W for the LeBron Family.
:rockon:

Kblaze8855
11-02-2015, 01:11 AM
From an on court sense?

How on earth is anything you mention determining on court ability?

Lets say Kobe actually made every star on earth want to sign elsewhere.

Would his jumper get worse?

Would his post game suffer?

If you have nothing to say about basketball playing when determining how good a basketball player is your opinion is likely not worth hearing.

You arent talking basketball. You are talking value to a franchise.

Which isnt, wasnt, and never will be the same thing as how good you are at basketball.

And even if it were the idea that Kobe is the NBAs least valuable asset would be a joke.

Anyone who can sell a million jerseys at 50+ bucks a piece and have a huge following the world over is a valuable asset.

If Kobe signed to the Kings...suddenly the Kings sell jerseys in China.

You cant talk abstract value and ignore such things. Kobe is as big a name as the sport has.

ClipperRevival
11-02-2015, 01:14 AM
Right now, Kobe hurts the team more than helps it. Most of his shots aren't in rhythm or within the flow of the game. You shouldn't force shots unless if the clock is running down but this guy. :facepalm Annoying ass chucker thinking he's still in his prime. And his D? :facepalm

ShaqTwizzle
11-02-2015, 01:15 AM
Kobe is playing bad on purpose to goad on the haters and even get the media on his case.
Once the hate has reached a critical mass he will drop a 40ppg month.
Calling it now.

:kobe:

AlphaWolf24
11-02-2015, 01:15 AM
Right now, Kobe hurts the team more than helps it. Most of his shots aren't in rhythm or within the flow of the game. You shouldn't force shots unless if the clock is running down but this guy. :facepalm Annoying ass chucker thinking he's still in his prime. And his D? :facepalm

bookmarked

RoundMoundOfReb
11-02-2015, 01:18 AM
No. By on court sense I'm referring to the product the Lakers are putting on the court. So yes his inability to attract fas but rather repel them, and his massive contract DO have an on court impact on the Lakers basketball team.

The revenue his jersey sales generate, and their TV contract (which iirc was signed before kobe signed his current extenstion) don't manifest themselves on the basketball court for the two reasons I explained:

1) the nba has a salary cap

2) the Lakers will never have a problem spending to the cap limit.

So how much revenue he's generating for them might be nice for the owners, but it isn't actually leading to a better basketball team right now.

Magic 32
11-02-2015, 01:20 AM
RoundMoundOfReb playing the part of the audience member cheering on Larry Holmes as he pounds on Ali in the 7th round.

And apparently he is proud of being that guy.

Collie
11-02-2015, 01:22 AM
RoundMoundOfReb playing the part of the audience member cheering on Larry Holmes as he pounds on Ali in the 7th round.

Don't worry, Larry got his comeuppance later on against Iron Mike.

DaOldLion
11-02-2015, 01:23 AM
Don't worry, Larry got his comeuppance later on against Iron Mike.

and OP already got his through choice of favorite player

RoundMoundOfReb
11-02-2015, 01:23 AM

Not really. Comparing a sport in which losing means getting punched in the face repeatedly vs one in which losing means putting a rubber ball through a metal hoop less times than the other team is idiotic.

AlphaWolf24
11-02-2015, 01:27 AM
Not really. Comparing a sport in which losing means getting punched in the face repeatedly vs one in which losing means putting a rubber ball through a metal hoop less times than the other team is idiotic.

he was using the scenario....not comparing sports:facepalm

ALI lost to Holmes in the twilight of his career....:facepalm

oh yeah by the way..

bookmarked

Kblaze8855
11-02-2015, 01:29 AM
A basketball player is as good as his offense...defense...and the transition in between...with consideration given for ability to contribute on the floor to the team as a whole being good at those things. A basketball player is as good as the basketball he plays. Kobe isnt what he was. The idea that he is worse than anyone in the NBA is a joke. One you arent stupid enough to actually believe...which I assume is why you have gone 5 posts without mentioning a single aspect of a game of basketball. Which means you are making topics you cant possibly be dumb enough to believe for no reason but getting responses. Which is...trolling.

And worse...you are doing it by repeating a topic already determined to be trolling(not by me for the record...I didnt delete it first time).

You explain to me how Jakarr Sampson is better at the game of basketball than Kobe Bryant. Explain it or shuit the hell up. People like you are at times even worse than the obvious trolls.

Mr.Jabbar has been trolling every word he posts for like 6 months....but hes not pretending not to be.

You are making jackass topics pretending to be serious just to start dumb arguments.

If you are gonna be an ass just put on a troll suit like the rest.

Dont come in in a suit and tie and try to serve me bullshit like im an idiot.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-02-2015, 01:34 AM
Assume a scenario where the Bulls have no players and thus 0 cap hit:

Do you take current Kobe for 25 mil or Jakkar Simpson for league minimum?

DMAVS41
11-02-2015, 01:35 AM
A basketball player is as good as his offense...defense...and the transition in between...with consideration given for ability to contribute on the floor to the team as a whole being good at those things. A basketball player is as good as the basketball he plays. Kobe isnt what he was. The idea that he is worse than anyone in the NBA is a joke. One you arent stupid enough to actually believe...which I assume is why you have gone 5 posts without mentioning a single aspect of a game of basketball. Which means you are making topics you cant possibly be dumb enough to believe for no reason but getting responses. Which is...trolling.

And worse...you are doing it by repeating a topic already determined to be trolling(not by me for the record...I didnt delete it first time).

You explain to me how Jakarr Sampson is better at the game of basketball than Kobe Bryant. Explain it or shuit the hell up. People like you are at times even worse than the obvious trolls.

Mr.Jabbar has been trolling every word he posts for like 6 months....but hes not pretending not to be.

You are making jackass topics pretending to be serious just to start dumb arguments.

If you are gonna be an ass just put on a troll suit like the rest.

Dont come in in a suit and tie and try to serve me bullshit like im an idiot.

I don't think you are addressing his actual argument. Which is that when you combine on court performance with his salary cap hit...he is making the case that Kobe is the least valuable player in the league.

Now I don't agree with his argument actually, but he's not talking just about on court ability...he is talking about that combined with a few other factors including salary cap hit and ego I assume.

Don't really think that is trolling to be honest. I don't agree, but Kobe making 25 million and performing like he has so far this year and the last two years with the constant injuries...one could definitely make a case for what the OP is arguing.

Kblaze8855
11-02-2015, 01:37 AM
Assume a scenario where the Bulls have no players and thus 0 cap hit:

Do you take current Kobe for 25 mil or Jakkar Simpson for league minimum?

Id take Kareem in current form for 800K and never play him over Tristian Thompson for 17million. Doesnt make him better at basketball.

Id take you for 800k over Joe Johnson for 25 million. But I suspect hes better at basketball than you.

You arent this stupid. Stop pretending to be.

DMAVS41
11-02-2015, 01:39 AM
Id take Kareem in current form for 800K and never play him over Tristian Thompson for 17. Doesnt make him better at basketball.

That isn't what he's even saying.

You are attacking a total straw man.

You are right in everything you say about how a players salary doesn't make them better or worse at basketball, but he isn't arguing that at all. He's talking about the value of a player based on things like salary hit, ego, how much others want to play with him, how he can adapt to a team, how much control said player exerts on a coach / franchise...and of course level of play...etc.

Magic 32
11-02-2015, 01:42 AM
I don't think you are addressing his actual argument. Which is that when you combine on court performance with his salary cap hit...he is making the case that Kobe is the least valuable player in the league.

Now I don't agree with his argument actually, but he's not talking just about on court ability...he is talking about that combined with a few other factors including salary cap hit and ego I assume.

Don't really think that is trolling to be honest. I don't agree, but Kobe making 25 million and performing like he has so far this year and the last two years with the constant injuries...one could definitely make a case for what the OP is arguing.

Greg Monroe did not want to sign with the Lakers.

1. We all know why the Lakers are where they are.
2. We all know why Kobe got the contract he got.
3. and we all know why he is not the same player as he was.

This is just another pseudo Abbott style way of kicking a guy on his way out.

Not interesting as a non-troll thraed.

AlphaWolf24
11-02-2015, 01:44 AM

damn it why you blow up his spot....

dude wants to think he's smart...let em'

RoundMoundOfReb
11-02-2015, 01:44 AM
Id take Kareem in current form for 800K and never play him over Tristian Thompson for 17. Doesnt make him better at basketball.

So? You'd take Simpson, correct? Well that is the argument I am making. That, all things considered, Kobe is arguably the least valuable player to his team from a basketball perspective.

Also I would appreciate if you could do without the personal attacks.

Edit: when did I say other players aren't overpaid too? Thompson and Johnson are both overpaid but at least they're net positives when they're on the court. At the very least they're significantly better than kobe. Plus, I don't think I've heard of either of them scaring off potential fas or teammates.

DMAVS41
11-02-2015, 01:46 AM

I'm just explaining his argument because there seems to be confusion. I don't really care to argue it specifically at all.

But it's not hard. If player A and player B are equally good at basketball...and player A makes 10 million a year and player B makes 25 million....player A is far more valuable to a team than player B.

That was his point. He wasn't trying to argue that somehow making less makes player A better at basketball. It makes him more valuable to a team though...

DMAVS41
11-02-2015, 01:49 AM
damn it why you blow up his spot....

dude wants to think he's smart...let em'

what? blow up...what?

I wasn't even making that argument.

Now it's controversial to talk about the value of players in relation to how much cap they take up in relation to their on court performance combined with what kind of teammate and team first guy they are?????

:facepalm

Magic 32
11-02-2015, 01:52 AM
But it's not hard. If player A and player B are equally good at basketball...and player A makes 10 million a year and player B makes 25 million....player A is far more valuable to a team than player B.

So it's not hard if you remove all context and knowledge?

Sure. ok

DMAVS41
11-02-2015, 01:52 AM
So? You'd take Simpson, correct? Well that is the argument I am making. That, all things considered, Kobe is arguably the least valuable player to his team from a basketball perspective.

Edit: when did I say other players aren't overpaid too? Thompson and Johnson are both overpaid but at least they're net positives when they're on the court. At the very least they're significantly better than kobe. Plus, I don't think I've heard of either of them scaring off potential fas or teammates.

Exactly.

If guys like Kobe and Rose "freaking suck" to steal Kobe's line of description about himself right now...and they are constantly hurt...they simply hurt their franchise far more than a scrub that makes the league minimum...

I can see people disagreeing with you...I happen to actually, but how they are incapable of seeing your point is beyond me.

DMAVS41
11-02-2015, 01:55 AM
So it's not hard if you remove all context and knowledge?

Sure. ok

Context and knowledge of what? It's a simple thought experiment to show you idiots that salary cap hit actually matters when you determine the value of a player overall.

We can use real players. Why do you think Joe Johnson gets so much hate? It's not because he's terrible. He's been a pretty solid NBA player for a long time...it's because his value isn't very high at his salary. To act like we all don't factor this shit in all the time is absurd.

Dirk at 8 million a year is far more valuable a player than Kobe at 25 million.

That would be true even if Kobe was equally as good as Dirk at actually playing the damn game.

Jesus christ people...wake up

Magic 32
11-02-2015, 01:58 AM
Context and knowledge of what? It's a simple thought experiment to show you idiots that salary cap hit actually matters when you determine the value of a player overall.

It's simple alright.

KiiiiNG
11-02-2015, 01:58 AM

Haven't seen so much delusion since Kobe post Achilles tear

:oldlol:

DMAVS41
11-02-2015, 02:00 AM
It's simple allright.

Could you try to be coherent and actually explain what your issues are. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt...but at this point I guess you are just trolling.

Kblaze8855
11-02-2015, 02:00 AM

First....

As I said to begin with:

At most it could determine net franchise value of a player...

But that isnt what you said is it?

Second.

I dont care what you would appreciate.

You are a troll like any other you just trade in a clown suit for business casual to appear legit at a glance.

You and I both know what this topic is. You make a ****ing idiotic statement in the title...one that cant be defended...for the express purpose of generating a reaction. You later...when called to defend your nonsense...modify your stance so what you said should be taken to mean something less idiotic.

Its classic "Look at me!" trolling with just a dash of normality which as I explain earlier...in a way makes it worse.

And in classic trolling fashion point out that this is a repeat topic that was deleted last time(even though its said that all the mods hate Kobe of course).

This is reposting a deleted topic....and a bullshit indefensible statement in the title for no reason but generating a stupid "family" fight.

Iv been here for just under 15 years and even wit hthe think skin that develops I can barely even manage to respond to all this bullshit. Squads of a dozens of Kobe fans and dozens of Lebron fans making endless "Oh but what say you nooooooooooow?" topics like jackasses.

Oh....Kobe had 2 bad shooting games...let me repost a dumb deleted topic with a shock value title so I can fight people with arguments I might as well be copy pasting....

Oh....Lebron had an off night....let me go taunt him for being a loser...with 2 rings already like I dont realize that makes me a clown...

Both sides of this endless war really just need to sit down and shut the **** up for a while.

But you wont. You are ****ing maniacs...so you wont. You will attach your name to a ____ family as if that isnt creepy for a grown man to do and come back spewing more bullshit.

Fine. You do that.

But dont do it by remaking deleted topics. If it was deleted it was for a reason.

Generally....whoever posted it is being an idiot.

So you disagree....tough.

Life sucks.

Dont make the topic over.

Go do whatever else it is you do with your day. Or if that isnt an option....slightly reword your nonsense into a different topic to have the exact same fight with the exact same people using the exact same arguments from yesterday...like a psycho.

DMAVS41
11-02-2015, 02:04 AM
Blaze...it's a legit topic

He's talking about exactly that...the "net value of a player"

He is not talking about solely the on court play of Kobe...he even makes that abundantly clear in the OP when he lists the things he's factoring in.

You literally keep ignoring his actual points in favor of acting like a child...

Magic 32
11-02-2015, 02:04 AM
Could you try to be coherent and actually explain what your issues are. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt...but at this point I guess you are just trolling.

This talk about salary and money is not interesting unless...

1) it's ruining a rebuilding process
2) it's keeping a contender from adding key pieces.

Since Kobe's contract is not doing any of this, this topic is useless when talking about him.

Understand?

Mr. Jabbar
11-02-2015, 02:05 AM
DAMN.. I'm a huge fan of RoundMoundOfRentFree but he just got body-bagged. SAVAGE

dubeta

Since Kobe's contract is not doing any of this, this topic is useless when talking about him.

Understand?

Well.. Kobe was directly involved with Gasol and Dwight leaving the team

So he effectively ruined a contender

KiiiiNG
Ignoring Kobes cancerous ways and the reality of him driving away free agents is so ****ing beneath you kblaze. jersey sales have nothing to ****ing do with it, get that weak bullshit outta here

you're taking the opposing side trying to be a good guy moderator .. "Come on guys, show some respect for the legends"

Its cringe worthy man. We see through it.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-02-2015, 02:07 AM
Actually, I never changed my argument. Perhaps the title could read least valuable instead of worst, but beyond that my argument hasn't changed. I never said that kobe is actually the least skilled basketball player in the league, I simply said that given all the factors (his salary,likability,etc..) He is the least valuable player in the NBA. Now, it is possible that I'm missing/forgetting about someone who is just as bad or close to as Kobe and makes over 25 mil, but I don't think I am.

Kblaze8855
11-02-2015, 02:07 AM
There is nothing legit about anything either side of this endless BS argument are doing and im done looking the other way. I should have gone allnet years ago and just banned everyone I know is here to BS. But for whatever reason...I just dont like the idea of it.

DMAVS41
11-02-2015, 02:08 AM

Understand?

I think arguments could be made for both of those actually, but I see your point.

I think the OP is talking about it from more of a vacuum standpoint in that Kobe at his salary combined with his level of play and other issues makes him one of the least valuable assets a franchise could have in the NBA.

Like I said...I don't really care to argue it, but wanted to try and clear up his actual points.

GIF REACTION
11-02-2015, 02:08 AM
in before the lock!

Magic 32
11-02-2015, 02:09 AM
Actually, I never changed my argument. Perhaps the title could read least valuable instead of worst, but beyond that my argument hasn't changed. I never said that kobe is actually the least skilled basketball player in the league, I simply said that given all the factors (his salary,likability,etc..) He is the least valuable player in the NBA. Now, it is possible that I'm missing/forgetting about someone who is just as bad or close to as Kobe and makes over 25 mil, but I don't think I am.

Melo.

Now can we go back to talking about something interesting?

KiiiiNG
Dont worry

Kblaze is the only guy who took that wording literally to defend someone that shouldnt be defended for the sake of looking like the hero of ISH

lmao

DMAVS41
There is nothing legit about anything either side of this endless BS argument are doing and im done looking the other way. I should have gone allnet years ago and just banned everyone I know is here to BS. But for whatever reason...I just dont like the idea of it.

You are wrong, as usual....and have spent a lot of time posting shit that has nothing to do with his point.

Kblaze8855
11-02-2015, 02:10 AM
Perhaps the title could read least valuable instead of worst

But then...it wouldnt be shock value title trolling would it?

You seem to have grasped the nature of the complaint....I think we can leave it at that.