PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one with this mindset?

The Valley
11-02-2015, 11:10 AM
I do not give a flying **** what the rules say. The law is completely irrelevant to me. I simply operate based on what is right vs what is wrong. I despise things such as stealing and have a high ethical standard. Doing something just because it's the rule/law is completely stupid to me. These days it seems like most people are sheep or bad people. There needs to be more people like me.

UK2K
11-02-2015, 11:13 AM
I do not give a flying **** what the rules say. The law is completely irrelevant to me. I simply operate based on what is right vs what is wrong. I despise things such as stealing and have a high ethical standard. Doing something just because it's the rule/law is completely stupid to me. These days it seems like most people are sheep or bad people. There needs to be more people like me.

That's how I roll.

Everyone (well, most everyone) was taught right from wrong as a little kid.

If everyone did the right thing, there would be no need for rules.

UtahJazzFan88
11-02-2015, 11:16 AM

There are no rules.

nathanjizzle
11-02-2015, 11:21 AM
congratulations OP, you have evolved from a child into a teenager. I wish the best for you and your new found wisdom.

HitandRun Reggie
11-02-2015, 11:44 AM
I'm guessing your stance comes more from a problem with authority than from wishing there was more common sense used by the government and general populace.

The Valley
11-02-2015, 11:47 AM
I'm guessing your stance comes more from a problem with authority than from wishing there was more common sense used by the government and general populace.
It's both

Derka
11-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Not sure if you were born yesterday or you're just being your usual self, but the reason rules and laws have existed for as long as they have is because there are a good number of people who are a little fuzzy on the whole "right vs. wrong" thing.

Big_Dogg
11-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Enjoy your first 5 to 10 stint then

LikeMike
11-02-2015, 11:06 PM

I don't believe you. I bet you obey all traffic laws, even when they don't seem necessary.

The Valley
11-02-2015, 11:14 PM
I don't believe you. I bet you obey all traffic laws, even when they don't seem necessary.
What's wrong with traffic laws? I obey them because i don't have a problem with them, except for too low speed limits.

The Valley
11-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Not sure if you were born yesterday or you're just being your usual self, but the reason rules and laws have existed for as long as they have is because there are a good number of people who are a little fuzzy on the whole "right vs. wrong" thing.
Unfortunately some of our laws are not an accurate representation of right vs wrong. If they were then there wouldn't be a problem.

Stu Jackson
11-02-2015, 11:42 PM
rules arent up to you to decide

its your job to accept them and adjust

stop smoking pot like a middle schooler and grow up

get some sense of responsibility in life

The Valley
11-03-2015, 12:06 AM
rules arent up to you to decide

its your job to accept them and adjust

stop smoking pot like a middle schooler and grow up

get some sense of responsibility in life
Cannabis is the greatest medicine on the entire Earth

Natural psychedelics such as psilocybin mushrooms create the most significant and meaningful experiences anyone can experience in life and bring new meaning

**** America.

hateraid
11-03-2015, 12:15 AM
OP, you have a common condition that most teenagers to young adults have. It's called entitlement

Gus Hemmingway
11-03-2015, 12:17 AM
That's what my mindset was to when I use to get blazed before 1st period high school class

Then I became independent....

And realized: I hate waking up early but I have to support myself. I hate how the government works but I have to pay taxes. I like just saying on whats on my mind but i'll get fired from any employer

Being an outcast hippie isn't the way to go broski

CavaliersFTW
11-03-2015, 12:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

This is you, a "sovereign citizen", this is how sovereign citizenship gets you in trouble :oldlol:

CavaliersFTW
11-03-2015, 12:40 AM
Another entitled individual who thinks a self-interpreted "good person" morality puts them above the law:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unCVovtnsSA

Wherever you live OP, you MUST obey the laws if you are reaping the rewards of said laws. Whether you consciously ever thought about it or not you get access to property. You get access to water/power/etc. You get protection from foreign invaders. And you get to travel on public roads. Therefore taxes must be paid, laws must be abided by, or you will face the consequences by law enforcement. And it isn't just law enforcement or authority figures that want you to follow those laws, it's all of the citizens in your area that also abide by and helped create those laws.

One day if you're not careful and keep this attitude you'll get the shit tazed out of you and end up in jail and the majority of people in your community will not feel sorry for you because the majority of people understand and support what laws and law enforcement are all about.

LikeMike
11-03-2015, 12:41 AM
What's wrong with traffic laws? I obey them because i don't have a problem with them, except for too low speed limits.

I do not give a flying **** what the rules say. The law is completely irrelevant to me.

There are times when we all know that a rule makes no sense in a given situation, but we follow them anyway. An easy example is being stuck at a red light at an intersection with no other cars. People generally don't go at the red even if it is clearly safe. I'm saying that you act tough by saying "I do not give a flying **** what the rules say" yet I'm sure you follow that pointless rule anyway.

DonD13
11-04-2015, 04:20 AM

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/DonD133/african-mongoose-muzzle-small-animal-unusual-grass-31836-3840x2400_zpsafzv7sp4.jpg

NZStreetBaller
11-04-2015, 05:22 AM
Whats right and wrong seriously varys. U claim not to be a sheep. But u say you want to do what is right and sometimes what is right is really just a sheepish mindset by following moral laws that is set by social standards depending on where you are from

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-04-2015, 05:57 AM

"Everything is permitted proclaims Ivan Karamazov.. Just because everything is permitted does not mean nothing is forbidden. The Absurd does not liberate it binds" - Albert Camus.

I don't agree them calling you childish but it does sound like that bit. You should read the myth of Sisyphus. If you really want to become a "Absurd man or Absurd Hero" like what you posted looks like.

Pushxx
11-04-2015, 03:37 PM
There are no rules.

This is all that needs to be said. There are no rules in the universe.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-04-2015, 06:30 PM
This is all that needs to be said. There are no rules in the universe.

Just because there no rules doesn't mean that there are no consequences. We are free to do as we please but remember to take responsibility of your actions when the time comes. Oedipus and Sisyphus learned it the hard way.