PDA

View Full Version : If Lakers drafted Okafor they could have been a younger Grizzlies variant

JerrySeinfeld
11-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Two post up players in Randle and Okafor would be sooo easy to build around.

I like D'lo's potential, don't get me wrong, but how do you pass on Okafor there? Dominating his whole first year of college, winning the championship, you need a big man.... Clarkson already looks like a good PG...

Mitch dun goof'd

Uncle Drew
11-02-2015, 04:42 PM
They'd be giving up 75 points per game in the paint.

JerrySeinfeld
11-02-2015, 04:45 PM

Okafor has the length and size to be a good rim protector, just has to develop into one with good coaching and PT. We still could have traded for Hibbert as a rental since he doesn't play a ton of minutes anyways, give him like 23 minutes a game with Okafor getting 25....

Nash
11-02-2015, 05:10 PM
tell me more about what you like about Russell's potential

JerrySeinfeld
11-02-2015, 05:11 PM
tell me more about what you like about Russell's potential

length, size, scoring and passing ability, overall skillset.

no he's not the fastest guy in the gym but neither is Ginobli

SwishSquared
11-02-2015, 05:59 PM
They'd be giving up 75 points per game in the paint.They gave 80 the other night :oldlol:

GIF REACTION
11-02-2015, 06:00 PM
joyner detected!

Bosnian Sajo
11-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Are you saying that we aren't giving that up right now?? Kings scored 80 in the paint vs us ffs, one of the big things people said was a con of Okafor is his defense...why didn't they mention it was D'Angelo's weak point as well?

qrich
11-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Difference is, the Grizzlies have one of the best defensive centers in the league, and for all his negatives, Randolph isn't as bad a defender as many believe.

LoneyROY7
11-02-2015, 06:23 PM
joyner detected!

dubeta!

Asiantastic
11-02-2015, 06:24 PM
dubeta!

Lol is GIF seriously dubeta's alt?

Genaro
11-02-2015, 06:33 PM
First of all I must say I liked Okafor better at the time of the draft. But Grizzlies?
Is this suppose to be a great thing? Grizzlies are a good team for years and can't get the chip. Nowadays to win it all seems that you must have an elite perimeter player, that's why Lakers went for Russell.
And then you have to factor that Gasol is elite defensively and has a very reliable jump shot. Okafor and Randle aren't good defenders and can't hit from outside.

Milbuck
11-02-2015, 06:40 PM
length, size, scoring and passing ability, overall skillset.

no he's not the fastest guy in the gym but neither is Ginobli
Ginobili was a terrific athlete in his prime. Dude was quick, super agile, great body control and fluidity. Deceptively good hops as well, dude used to catch defenders off guard and throw it down regularly. Russell looks like his feet are glued to the court.

Skill-wise they're similar but athletically young Ginobili was way ahead.

JerrySeinfeld
11-02-2015, 07:11 PM
First of all I must say I liked Okafor better at the time of the draft. But Grizzlies?
Is this suppose to be a great thing? Grizzlies are a good team for years and can't get the chip. Nowadays to win it all seems that you must have an elite perimeter player, that's why Lakers went for Russell.
And then you have to factor that Gasol is elite defensively and has a very reliable jump shot. Okafor and Randle aren't good defenders and can't hit from outside.

Well yah, the grizzlies have no wing talent whatsoever. With Randle and Okafor being young and bad defensively at this stage in their careers though, u just have to keep tanking and get the perimeter players later

Jameerthefear
11-02-2015, 07:18 PM
ginobili is miles ahead of russel athletically lmao

STATUTORY
11-02-2015, 07:39 PM
lakers are interested in CHIPS not emulating some perenial 2nd round exit team

bobopenguin
11-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Lol is GIF seriously dubeta's alt?

dubeta aint no cousins' d*ck-rider.