PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant vs Steph Curry

kennethgriffin
11-02-2015, 05:43 PM
https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/kobe-bryant-smiles-at-stephen-curry.jpg

Kobe Bryant:
30+ point games: 425
40+ point games: 119
50+ point games: 24
60+ point games: 5
70+ point games: 1
80+ point games: 1

81 point career high

steph curry:
30+ point games: 72
40+ point games: 11
50+ point games: 3
60+ point games: 0
70+ point games: 0
80+ point games: 0

54 point career high

kobe scored more in 2 quarters ( 55 ) than curry ever scored in an entire game

Kobe has more 40 point games in one season than curry has in his entire life ... accomplishing it 3 separate times ( 2003=19, 2006=27, 2007=18 )

Kobe has more 30 point games in just 2 seasons than curry has in his entire life... ( kobe 2006=56, 2007=38 ) ( curry=72 total )

kobe has more consecutive 50+ point games than curry has in his entire life

( kobe: march 16th-23rd 2007 = 65,50,60,50 )

vs

( curry: october 28th 2009 till november 2nd 2015 = 54,51,53 )

currys averaging 39.3ppg over 3 games this month

good for him...

kobe averaged 40.6ppg the entire month of february 2003

kobe averaged 43.4ppg the entire month of january 2006

kobe averaged 41.6ppg the entire month of april 2006

kobe averaged 40.4ppg the entire month of march 2007

seriously.. currys a beast. hes probably the best player in the game today. but he's no kobe. you children today don't have a clue because half of you never saw prime kobe

WorldWarriors
11-02-2015, 05:45 PM
LOL Dear God at these Curry threads.

Everybody is feeling threatened for their heroes.

kennethgriffin
11-02-2015, 05:45 PM

i like steph curry

hes the best

i hope he kicks lebrons ass again this year

ShawkFactory
11-02-2015, 05:46 PM
AAAAAAAnnnnndddd so it begins

juju151111
11-02-2015, 05:47 PM
https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/kobe-bryant-smiles-at-stephen-curry.jpg

Kobe Bryant:
30+ point games: 425
40+ point games: 119
50+ point games: 24
60+ point games: 5
70+ point games: 1
80+ point games: 1

81 point career high

steph curry:
30+ point games: 72
40+ point games: 11
50+ point games: 3
60+ point games: 0
70+ point games: 0
80+ point games: 0

54 point career high

kobe scored more in 2 quarters ( 55 ) than curry ever scored in an entire game

Kobe has more 40 point games in one season than curry has in his entire life ... accomplishing it 3 separate times ( 2003=19, 2006=27, 2007=18 )

Kobe has more 30 point games in just 2 seasons than curry has in his entire life... ( kobe 2006=56, 2007=38 ) ( curry=72 total )

kobe has more consecutive 50+ point games than curry has in his entire life

( kobe: march 16th-23rd 2007 = 65,50,60,50 )

vs

( curry: october 28th 2009 till november 2nd 2015 = 54,51,53 )

currys averaging 39.3ppg over 3 games this month

good for him...

seriously.. currys a beast. hes probably the best player in the game today. but he's no kobe. you children today don't have a clue because half of you never saw prime kobe
Post efficiency and offensive ratings

GoatBoy
11-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Curry over Kobe is not a logical argument, but given Kobe's current state people are forgetting his greatness. It's a shame.

I can't wait for his stubborn ass to take his foot off the accelerator in order to go back and remember the greatness mentioned by OP, without being hindered by the god awful performances we are seeing presently.

24-Inch_Chrome
11-02-2015, 05:52 PM
No one with a brain takes Curry over Kobe.

kennethgriffin
11-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Post efficiency and offensive ratings

during nearly every one of kobes 40+ point games he was extremely efficient

during kobes 81 point game he shot 61% for the game

currys a better shooter. but hes not a better scorer

kobe was way more dynamic on offense. and thats why he went off for big games allot more often

curry basically can only go off if hes hitting his three at a ridiculous percentage

and even then kobe has the better single game record with 12 threes in one game

kobes simply the better in rhythm player. his lights out scoring milestones were more likely to happen than currys are

which is why kobe in 1 or 2 years trumps currys entire life

24-Inch_Chrome
11-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Kobe and LeBron are probably the two most criticized players on ISH, people are always looking to shit on one or the other, or both. It gets absolutely ridiculous at times.

I'm not a fan of Kobe, I think that he is overrated...but he's still an undeniable ATG and a top-10 tier player. He has 5 championships, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP, to go along with a high number of All-Star, All-NBA and All-Defensive selections and a peak where he established himself as one of the greatest scorers in NBA history. That's an elite r

Cocaine80s
11-02-2015, 06:04 PM
You forget that Curry is a point guard and Kobe is a shooting guard. Whats the point of putting up all these scoring numbers? Also Curry's played like half the amount of games as Kobe

Plus I dont see Curry declining as much as Kobe when he reaches his 30s

Curry>Kobe all time already

ralph_i_el
11-02-2015, 06:08 PM
So....Kobe takes more shots?

Curry's shooting causes defenses to fall apart, and gets easy buckets for his teammates. His all around impact on the offense stretches way beyond his individual scoring.

but yeah, list single game scoring totals like it's important.

Curry has had two straight seasons with higher ORtg than Kobe's best season. 5 straight seasons of higher Ast% than Kobe's best season. 2 straight seasons of higher ws/48 than Kobe's best season. He even has a higher career fg% from 2 point range than Kobe. Kobe only has two seasons with higher TS% than Curry's LEAST EFFICIENT season.

Kobe wins at chucking up high USG%, and having Shaq on his team. Allegedly a defensive great....with only one season under 100 Drtg (lockout year)

Monta Ellis MVP
11-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Currys so thick he makes everyone in the room so uncomfortable

kennethgriffin
11-02-2015, 06:52 PM
You forget that Curry is a point guard and Kobe is a shooting guard. Whats the point of putting up all these scoring numbers? Also Curry's played like half the amount of games as Kobe

Plus I dont see Curry declining as much as Kobe when he reaches his 30s

Curry>Kobe all time already

oh please

curry is more of a scoring point guard

which is what kobe did from 1999 till 2013

fisher never did any play making. kobe lead all 5 title teams in assists

kennethgriffin
11-02-2015, 06:54 PM
So....Kobe takes more shots?

Curry's shooting causes defenses to fall apart, and gets easy buckets for his teammates. His all around impact on the offense stretches way beyond his individual scoring.

but yeah, list single game scoring totals like it's important.

Curry has had two straight seasons with higher ORtg than Kobe's best season. 5 straight seasons of higher Ast% than Kobe's best season. 2 straight seasons of higher ws/48 than Kobe's best season. He even has a higher career fg% from 2 point range than Kobe. Kobe only has two seasons with higher TS% than Curry's LEAST EFFICIENT season.

Kobe wins at chucking up high USG%, and having Shaq on his team. Allegedly a defensive great....with only one season under 100 Drtg (lockout year)

currys amazing

best player in the game right now

but he'l never sniff the type of games kobes had

don't even bother

GIF REACTION
Currys so thick he makes everyone in the room so uncomfortable
nice alt b

Springsteen
I was expecting this to be a thread about you propping up Curry. I have a friend who's never been to California in his life yet slobbered Kobe's knob nonstop, but now that the Lakers/Kobe are ass this season all he posts is about Curry in the groupchat.

Good on you for defending your man.

ShaqTwizzle
11-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Curry's recent 3 game stretch was really special though.

Kobe literally only has one 3 game stretch in his entire career (during 07) where he put up comparable or better scoring/overall offensive numbers.

I mean 40 / 7 on 76%TS is just crazy.

kennethgriffin
11-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Curry's recent 3 game stretch was really special though.

Kobe literally only has one 3 game stretch in his entire career (during 07) where he put up comparable or better scoring/overall offensive numbers.

I mean 40 / 7 on 76%TS is just crazy.

kobe had 13 consecutive games like currys 3 game stretch

lmao

2003:

january 29th = 40 points
january 31st = 38 points
february 1st = 42 points
february 4th = 35 points
february 6th = 46 points
february 11th = 42 points
february 12th = 51 points
february 14th = 44 points
february 16th = 40 points
february 18th = 52 points
february 19th = 40 points
february 21st = 40 points
february 23rd = 42 points

13 game stretch = 42.4ppg, 50% fg's, 46% threes

and i havent even looked at the 2006 or 2007 seasons yet

Cold soul
11-02-2015, 09:13 PM
[QUOTE=24-Inch_Chrome]Kobe and LeBron are probably the two most criticized players on ISH, people are always looking to shit on one or the other, or both. It gets absolutely ridiculous at times.

I'm not a fan of Kobe, I think that he is overrated...but he's still an undeniable ATG and a top-10 tier player. He has 5 championships, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP, to go along with a high number of All-Star, All-NBA and All-Defensive selections and a peak where he established himself as one of the greatest scorers in NBA history. That's an elite r

Cali Syndicate
11-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Curry is playing amazing to start the season and his efficiency in doing so is off the charts but in terms of scoring, curry has never even sniffed 30ppg for an entire month while Kobe s done 40ppg for an entire month 3 times. Curry is by far my favorite player, probably right there with jordAn but he has a pretty good distance to go to close the gap between him and Kobe in terms of career and as a player peak or prime.

ShaqTwizzle
11-02-2015, 09:38 PM
kobe had 13 consecutive games like currys 3 game stretch

lmao

2003:

january 29th = 40 points
january 31st = 38 points
february 1st = 42 points
february 4th = 35 points
february 6th = 46 points
february 11th = 42 points
february 12th = 51 points
february 14th = 44 points
february 16th = 40 points
february 18th = 52 points
february 19th = 40 points
february 21st = 40 points
february 23rd = 42 points

13 game stretch = 42.4ppg, 50% fg's, 46% threes

and i havent even looked at the 2006 or 2007 seasons yet

Kenneth my friend.

42-ppg / 3.5-apg on 59%TS --- (42-mpg)

Is not EQUAL to.

40-ppg / 7.3-apg on 76%TS --- (33-mpg)

They aren't even close.

And as I said Kobe has only one 3 game stretch in his entire career on the same level or better then Curry's recent one and that took place late in his 2007 season.
Outside of that one stretch he has no others that can be called equal let alone better.

kennethgriffin
11-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Kenneth my friend.

42-ppg / 3.5-apg on 59%TS --- (42-mpg)

Is not EQUAL to.

40-ppg / 7.3-apg on 76%TS --- (33-mpg)

They aren't even close.

And as I said Kobe has only one 3 game stretch in his entire career on the same level or better then Curry's recent one and that took place late in his 2007 season.
Outside of that one stretch he has no others that can be called equal let alone better.

i agree

3 games is in no way equal to 13

and stephs averaging 39.3

get back to me at the end of the month

if curry even sniffs this shit i'l be impressed

Monta Ellis MVP
11-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Kenneth has had a really rough week. :(

kennethgriffin
11-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Kenneth has had a really rough week. :(

currys played like prime kobe for 1 week

everyone needs to relax

:lol

Monta Ellis MVP
11-02-2015, 09:48 PM
currys played like prime kobe for 1 week

everyone needs to relax

I think you are the one that needs to relax

Cali Syndicate
11-02-2015, 09:59 PM
I think you are the one that needs to relax

ralph_i_el
11-02-2015, 10:10 PM
currys amazing

best player in the game right now

but he'l never sniff the type of games kobes had

don't even bother

Yes, he'll never chuck up 40 shots consistently. He plays team basketball. He won a ring without a hall of famer.

Raw point totals don't mean a lot to an intelligent fan

kennethgriffin
11-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Yes, he'll never chuck up 40 shots consistently. He plays team basketball. He won a ring without a hall of famer.

pretty sure klay thompson will make the HOF some day

and curry isnt even guaranteed to make the HOF himself yet so stfu lol

if he had a career ending injury tomorrow he'd only have 2 allstar appearances

thats not nearly enough longevity regardless of his minimal success

HighFlyer23
11-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Stephanie Curry better than KoMe?

Lol

ralph_i_el
11-02-2015, 10:54 PM
pretty sure klay thompson will make the HOF some day

and curry isnt even guaranteed to make the HOF himself yet so stfu lol

if he had a career ending injury tomorrow he'd only have 2 allstar appearances

thats not nearly enough longevity regardless of his minimal success

No mvp has ever not made the hall of fame. Steph could get run over by a bus tomorrow and still make it. How is leading a team to a ring at 27 "minimal success"?

What aspects of the game is prime Kobe better than Steph at? Defense and post game? That's all I can think of.
Kobe had a few seasons of massive point totals, playing with the ultimate green light, on big minutes, in a bunch of close games. Curry was sitting out 4th quarters during blowouts last year. He could have easily averaged 30+ if he chucked, didn't play team ball, and played 38-40 mpg like prime Kobe. He just didn't have to....because he was stomping out teams in 3 quarters.

24-Inch_Chrome
11-02-2015, 11:36 PM
Derrick Rose isn't making it, Curry almost definitely will.

Cold soul
11-03-2015, 12:48 AM
No mvp has ever not made the hall of fame. Steph could get run over by a bus tomorrow and still make it. How is leading a team to a ring at 27 "minimal success"?

What aspects of the game is prime Kobe better than Steph at? Defense and post game? That's all I can think of.
Kobe had a few seasons of massive point totals, playing with the ultimate green light, on big minutes, in a bunch of close games. Curry was sitting out 4th quarters during blowouts last year. He could have easily averaged 30+ if he chucked, didn't play team ball, and played 38-40 mpg like prime Kobe. He just didn't have to....because he was stomping out teams in 3 quarters.

Lol well lets see. Kobe at his best is better in these areas over Curry: post game, mid range, skills, natural talent, fundamentals, athleticism, elite first step, quickness, strength, speed, drive and finish getting into lane, dunking, rebounding, defense on all levels and phases, clutch. Curry is many tiers below Kobe as player and this isn't an insult towards him Kobe just impacts the game in many more ways than Curry is capable of.

Cold soul
11-03-2015, 12:52 AM

Curry has more talent around him than majority of all teams and Klay will likely make the HOF someday.

ShaqTwizzle
11-03-2015, 12:57 AM
Lol well lets see. Kobe at his best is better in these areas over Curry: post game, mid range, skills, natural talent, fundamentals, athleticism, elite first step, quickness, strength, speed, drive and finish getting into lane, dunking, rebounding, defense on all levels and phases, clutch. Curry is many tiers below Kobe as player and this isn't an insult towards him Kobe just impacts the game in many more ways than Curry is capable of.

Kobe may have a more diverse scoring arsenal then Curry but that doesn't nessasarily make him the better scorer or greater offensive weapon.

Kobe has a more diverse scoring arsenal then Kareem and yet I still clearly consider Kareem the greater scorer and offensive anchor.

Curry last year had a full Championship run and averaged 29 / 6.4-apg on 61%TS.

His advanced offensive stats in that run were better then any of Bryants and his overall production was on the same level also.
Hard to say that Kobe ever had a run where offensively he produced, performed or had more impact on that end considerably greater then 2015 Curry.

In terms of defensive ability... yes you may be right about Kobe just inherently being better or having more talent. Same might be true for rebounding ability also.

But purely in terms of offense? Curry (in the current league and on his current team anyway) can probably hold his own with Prime Kobe.

Sure Kobe has his advantages on offense but so does Curry does he not?
Kobe certainly didn't have near the overall shooting ability or touch of current Curry.

AlphaWolf24
11-03-2015, 01:21 AM
Kobe may have a more diverse scoring arsenal then Curry but that doesn't nessasarily make him the better scorer or greater offensive weapon.

yes it does....especially when Kobe scores more points....which Kenneth has shown

Kobe has a more diverse scoring arsenal then Kareem and yet I still clearly consider Kareem the greater scorer and offensive anchor.

ok...Kareem is one of if not the greatest offensive weapon ever...he also played in a totally different era....unless you think Wilt Chamberlain is a greater offensive anchor then Michael Jordan.....or better yet a better offensive player then Michael Jordan.....this is the criteria you are using...

Kareem also was not running the offense ( very important) he was posting up and camping......Kobe was running the Lakers Triangle and still bieng the primary perimeter defender

lol

it was a spectacular run...still not better then 22 year old Kobe's postseason...
29PPG 7REB 5AST

His advanced offensive stats in that run were better then any of Bryants and his overall production was on the same level also.
Hard to say that Kobe ever had a run where offensively he produced, performed or had more impact on that end considerably greater then 2015 Curry.

see above...and Kobe was all defense....lol

In terms of defensive ability... yes you may be right about Kobe just inherently being better or having more talent. Same might be true for rebounding ability also.

But purely in terms of offense? Curry (in the current league and on his current team anyway) can probably hold his own with Prime Kobe.

Curry is better off the dribble shooter....prime Kobe was putting up 30 - 35 ppg.....and averaging 40ppg for months straight.....

curry is not on that level

Kobe certainly didn't have near the overall shooting ability or touch of current Curry.

Curry may be a better 3 point pure shooter....but Prime 01 - 08' Kobe is not far behind..and Kobe is way more dangerous every where else on the court....

real talk

Funktion
11-03-2015, 01:24 AM
46 shots and 21 ft's doe

ShaqTwizzle
11-03-2015, 01:36 AM
yes it does....especially when Kobe scores more points...

On a per minute basis 15 Curry scored on the same level of Peak Kobe with 2006 being the only exception where Kobe scored at a faster pace.

In the playoffs that year his volume (pts + apg) rivals the best of Kobe.

Kareem also was not running the offense ( very important) he was posting up and camping......Kobe was running the Lakers Triangle

I don't agree with that opinion AT ALL.
Kobe was never the LAL PG nor was he ever needed on the court for their triangle offense to run smoothly.

A good example of that is 2000 where Fisher was still the primary ball-handler and the guy who would bring the ball up the court and employ the offense.
Even when Kobe was out that year their offense did fine.

Bringing the ball up the court and passing the ball left or right or down into the post does not make you a PG or some irreplacable cog.

Yes Kobe was the best perimiter playmaker on teams that generally didn't have much of that but it didn't mean he was a PG.
That is twisting history to make Kobe look better.

it was a spectacular run...still not better then 22 year old Kobe's postseason...
29PPG 7REB 5AST

That is debatable especially if we are only looking only at offense and Curry didn't have the support of absolute Peak Shaq.

prime Kobe was putting up 30 - 35 ppg.....and averaging 40ppg for months straight.....

I don't care about gunner games against mostly weak competition in the reg-season.
Going by that logic Iverson is >> Kareem as a scorer.

Curry may be a better 3 point pure shooter....but Prime 01 - 08' Kobe is not far behind..and Kobe is way more dangerous every where else on the court....

Kobe isn't in the game galaxy as a 3pt shooter and Curry is a better shooter from almost every area on the court except maybe the 3-10 area.

Cold soul
11-03-2015, 01:47 AM
On a per minute basis 15 Curry scored on the same level of Peak Kobe with 2006 being the only exception where Kobe scored at a faster pace.

Kobe was never the LAL PG nor was he ever needed on the court for their triangle offense to run smoothly.

A good example of that is 2000 where Fisher was still the primary ball-handler and the guy who would bring the ball up the court and employ the offense.

Bringing the ball up the court and passing the ball left or right or down into the post does not make you a PG or some irreplacable cog.

Yes Kobe was the best perimiter playmaker on teams that generally didn't have much of that but it didn't mean he was a PG.

That is debatable especially if we are only looking only at offense and Curry didn't have the support of absolute Peak Shaq.

I don't care about gunner games against mostly weak competition in the reg-season.

Kobe isn't in the game galaxy as a 3pt shooter and Curry is a better shooter from almost every area on the court except maybe the 3-10 area.

Curry isn't the finisher or all around player Kobe is two sides can play that game here. The only big edge Curry has here is 3 point shooting and long distance that's it. Kobe is easily greater offensive force and is harder player to stop and defend on all areas of court. Kobe at his peak 94% Jordan when firing on all cylinders. Is Curry peak even top 50 or prime for that matter?

AlphaWolf24
11-03-2015, 02:02 AM

per minute? or Pace?....

no one who watched Curry in 15' and Kobe in 06' would say it was equal.

Kobe's 06' season is widely regarded as one of the greatest offensive seasons ever.....( for those who actually watched / follow basketball)

advanced stats paint a very small picture....Kobe is was on another level...35PPG ....81 .....40+ 14 in arow?(IIRC)...lol

no amount of advanced stats say 15' curry is close to that season.

ok you dont agree....stats show Kobe was the Lakers leader in assists every championship run.....and the best defender!

Phil Jackson agrees.....In a chat about Bryant, Jackson said he has displayed a better "overall" game than any other player he has coached. That would include, um, Jordan. "It's the best I've ever seen a player of mine with an overall court game," he says. "I'm asking him to do so much, and he's accomplishing it."

Kobe was the leader in assists every championship run....the primary facilitator of the triangle....the primary defender...the primary closer..

guy did everything.....that is what actually happened

ok you just said Kobe was the best playmaker...wtf?....you just said passing left or right is not playing PG...is that not what the facilitator of a offense does?..make plays or pass to players in position then make plays

you are right ...Kobe played on some teams where he was the only playmaker.....even in the early 00's.....Old man Rice and Fish were our 3rd options..lol

Kobe was better without Shaq...what's your point....like I said earlier...it was Kobe and Shaq.....Kobe was doing everything

whether it was against the Spurs or Kings in the playoff's...or the WCChampions in the reg season...Kobe could score on all the teams.

it didn't matter

yeah curry is a better 3 pt shooter then Kobe...so is Ray Allen...none of those guys can see Kobe though.

2EZ......next

kennethgriffin
11-03-2015, 02:07 AM

ofcourse it does.

theres no defense that can contain prime kobe when hes in the zone

but it is possible to slow down curry if you play him a certain way since hes limited to just threes and passing

buddha
11-03-2015, 02:08 AM
if the internet (social media) was popular in kobe's era his hype train would be outta control.

ShaqTwizzle
11-03-2015, 02:26 AM
per minute?

Per minute 2015 Curry scored at the same pace as any Kobe season sans 06.

Kobe's 06' season is widely regarded as one of the greatest offensive seasons ever...

Eh.
Durant in 2014 had a significantly better reg-season.
T-Mac in 2003 and Wade in 2009 also had better ones.

Iverson also put up 33 / 7.4-apg on 54%TS in 2006.
That is definitly comparable to what Kobe did.
Kobe put up 35 / 4.5-apg on 56%TS.
The rules were so messed up and loose that year that I don't really take seriously any of those numbers.

Anyway do you think Iverson >>> Curry as a scorer now after knowing those 06 numbers?

ok you dont agree....stats show Kobe was the Lakers leader in assists every championship run.....

The triangle offense doesn't require a PG.
Kobe getting 4-apg in 00 or 02 when he was getting 2-3 assist a game on simple pass & finish or alley-oop plays for Shaq doesn't make him Steve Nash, Magic or a PG.

and the best defender!

No, he wasn't.
Shaq was the best defender on the 00-02 Laker's and I would argue that Gasol and others were better defensively then Kobe in their latter runs especially in their 2010 run where Kobe wasn't a good defender anymore.

the primary facilitator of the triangle.

Which means nothing.
Fisher was the primary perimiter facilitator of the triangle in 2000.
Facilitating the triangle is easy.

the primary defender.

Wasn't the best defender on any of the 5 title teams.

the primary closer..

Meaningless and either way Shaq led the 00-02 Laker's in 4th quarter playoff points and Gasol had much better 4th quarter offensive stats in both the 09 & 10 Finals.

guy did everything.....

Guy was mainly a scorer playing in a triangle Phil led offense.
His facilitation duties grew on the latter 2 title teams but his main value still came from scoring and drawing attention.

Obviously he was also a noticeably plus defender on the title teams except for the 10 run.

ok you just said Kobe was the best playmaker...wtf?

Being the best playmaker doesn't mean you run the offense or are required for the offense to run correctly.

you just said passing left or right is playing PG...is that not what the facilitator of a offense does?

There is a difference between bringing the ball up the court and employing a set offense by simply passing the ball and moving compared to say the Steve Nash Suns where he was required to run the whole offense or the Lebron Cavs of old.

Kobe was not Nash or Magic.
He was a great scorer playing in the triangle system.
With or without him the offense was run the same way and had no problem running without him.

Kobe was better without Shaq.

No he wasn't.
2003 Kobe (12 games) (pre-Shaq) : 28 / 9 / 6 on 49%TS
Yuck.

Stats from 00-02 also show a slight rise in volume stats without Shaq with a huge decline in effiency.
Though in 2003 his raw stats didn't rise before Shaq's return there was only the huge effiency dip.

Shaq made life much easier on him.
He arguably had his best playoff run (01) and reg-season (03) with Shaq despite the early 00's being a much tougher defensive enviornment.

2EZ......next
:kobe:

SpursAllDay
11-03-2015, 02:48 AM
Jesus Christ Kenneth how many Kobe Threads do you make a day?
Seen about 2 a day from you:biggums:

JT123
11-03-2015, 02:54 AM
:rolleyes: the bolded are all completely false, especially the "clutch" argument.

WayOfWade
11-03-2015, 03:09 AM
So you're trying to tell me that Kobe has accomplished more in 20 years than Curry has in 7..... ok

IllegalD
11-03-2015, 03:22 AM
You can tell ShaqTwizzle doesn't know sh*t about what he's talking about.

Fisher wasn't even a starter in 2000, let alone the primary PG (Ron Harper was the starter).

Even in Phil Jackson's book he details how he decided to make Kobe the lead guard who has the primary ballhandling/distributing duties in the triangle (See: Pippen).

ShaqTwizzle
11-03-2015, 03:33 AM
Fisher wasn't even a starter in 2000, let alone the primary PG (Ron Harper was the starter).

I never said he was a starter (though he was a starter for 1/4th the season).
Fisher that year also did usually handle the ball-handling duties when he was on the court.
Kobe was not the main guy bringing the ball up until 2001.

Kobe's individual playmaking/passing ability obviously had its own value but people who act like those offenses needed him to run or that he facilitated them deeply are revising history.

The 00 Laker's did fine offensively during the 25 games or so Kobe missed.
That would not have been the case if the offense was somehow reliant on Kobe to run or facilitate them.

ralph_i_el
11-03-2015, 10:46 AM

Kobe better in the midrange, yet Curry has better efficiency inside the arc. Rebounding is about even relative to position. Curry is multiple trips above Kobe as a shooter. Curry is the GOAT shooter, which is why he's a massivley positive influence even without the ball. Much much better off-ball player than Kobe.

Derka
11-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Insecure as f*ck :oldlol:

IGOTGAME
11-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Kobe better in the midrange, yet Curry has better efficiency inside the arc. Rebounding is about even relative to position. Curry is multiple trips above Kobe as a shooter. Curry is the GOAT shooter, which is why he's a massivley positive influence even without the ball. Much much better off-ball player than Kobe.

Players never shifted to guard Kobe off ball . Curry was a better scorer, people just played Kobe one on one and it had no effect on his teammated. The kids just need to go back and watch the tape/

AlphaWolf24
11-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Per minute 2015 Curry scored at the same pace as any Kobe season sans 06.

you are using a advanced stat ... to prove Curry could score like Kobe...it simply isn't working. Advanced stats are mostly flawed and are not going to prove to anyone that Curry in 15' was on par with Kobe in 06'...when it comes down to final offensive results....nobody( unbiased) who watched both seasons would put Curry anywhere near Kobe that year

1) Kobe had 2 40+ PPG months that season. For historical perspective, Only 2 other players even have 1, and that's Wilt & Baylor 40 years before. And Only Kobe & Wilt have more than one 40+ PPG months(Kobe has 5 overall).
2) Kobe had 81, 62 in 3, six 50+ games, and 21 40+ games that season.
3) Kobe was All-Defense 1st team to go along with the scoring, and multiple teammates had career years.
4)Kobe also scored 45+ in four consecutive games, Chamberlain and Baylor were the only others to do so. Kobe only averaged 44 PPG for that month
It was one of the greatest individual seasons in history

not even close to offensive output of Kobe.....Pack yop bag little homey I can do this all dey!

Eh.
Durant in 2014 had a significantly better reg-season.
T-Mac in 2003 and Wade in 2009 also had better ones.

no no they weren't see above

Iverson also put up 33 / 7.4-apg on 54%TS in 2006.
That is definitly comparable to what Kobe did.
Kobe put up 35 / 4.5-apg on 56%TS.
The rules were so messed up and loose that year that I don't really take seriously any of those numbers.

just stop....you are sounding desperate...Kobe played in the toughest defensive era ever

Anyway do you think Iverson >>> Curry as a scorer now after knowing those 06 numbers?

so far yes...allthough......Curry is just now playing his best basketball of his career...he could have a 5 year span better then A.I. we don't know.

but prime A.I. could score!....better then Curry ( so far in his career)

The triangle offense doesn't require a PG.
Kobe getting 4-apg in 00 or 02 when he was getting 2-3 assist a game on simple pass & finish or alley-oop plays for Shaq doesn't make him Steve Nash, Magic or a PG.

of course not...but he was still the best facilitator of the triangle / playmaker on the team

No, he wasn't.
Shaq was the best defender on the 00-02 Laker's and I would argue that Gasol and others were better defensively then Kobe in their latter runs especially in their 2010 run where Kobe wasn't a good defender anymore.

Kobe was the best perimeter defender and all defense every year of the Championship runs...shaq not so much.

Shaq guarded 3' from the hoop....as all centers do.

Gasol?...LMAO...just stop

Which means nothing.
Fisher was the primary perimiter facilitator of the triangle in 2000.
Facilitating the triangle is easy.

yes it's easy....easy to get 4 - 5 assists while scoring 20 - 28 ppg...??

really.....

Wasn't the best defender on any of the 5 title teams.

yes he was.....see that was EZ

Meaningless and either way Shaq led the 00-02 Laker's in 4th quarter playoff points and Gasol had much better 4th quarter offensive stats in both the 09 & 10 Finals.

Kobe averaged 9.2 ppg on 64% shooting in fourth quarters. Shaq averaged 4.5 ppg on 29% during the 00' - 02' 3peat....who carried who?

Gasol?..again?...lol..

Guy was mainly a scorer playing in a triangle Phil led offense.
His facilitation duties grew on the latter 2 title teams but his main value still came from scoring and drawing attention.

Obviously he was also a noticeably plus defender on the title teams except for the 10 run.

yup..he was in MJ's role on the Bulls....similar players...similar results.

Being the best playmaker doesn't mean you run the offense or are required for the offense to run correctly.

I showed you PJ quote....Phil said it himself.....Kobe's the best overall player he's ever coached,.

There is a difference between bringing the ball up the court and employing a set offense by simply passing the ball and moving compared to say the Steve Nash Suns where he was required to run the whole offense or the Lebron Cavs of old.

Kobe was not Nash or Magic.
He was a great scorer playing in the triangle system.
With or without him the offense was run the same way and had no problem running without him.

it could be run with anyone...Kobe was just the best at it....Like Phil said

No he wasn't.
2003 Kobe (12 games) (pre-Shaq) : 28 / 9 / 6 on 49%TS
Yuck.

Stats from 00-02 also show a slight rise in volume stats without Shaq with a huge decline in effiency.
Though in 2003 his raw stats didn't rise before Shaq's return there was only the huge effiency dip.

Shaq made life much easier on him.
He arguably had his best playoff run (01) and reg-season (03) with Shaq despite the early 00's being a much tougher defensive enviornment.

Nope..His 30 5 and 5 Championship run was better....Back 2 Back without Shaq...

Kobe's career without Shaq is still HOF material.....Shaq was blessed to play with such a great all around player.....could score, pass, facilitate and play all NBA 1rst team defense.....something Shaq wouldn't know anything about!

2EZ......next
:kobe:

pack yo lunch little homey......like I said.....all dey!

(opens pocket) get in!

next...( thumps chest)

aquaadverse
11-03-2015, 02:52 PM

Not threatened Just annoyed.

Monta Ellis MVP
11-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Not threatened Just annoyed.

Keep telling yourself that

:roll:

Cold soul
11-03-2015, 09:56 PM
:rolleyes: the bolded are all completely false, especially the "clutch" argument.

Nah it's al true your just Lebron Stan that trolls nobody here takes you seriously.