PDA

View Full Version : Is Curry the greatest shooter of all-time?

livinglegend
11-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Discuss.

Doranku
11-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Easily. Nothing to discuss.

riseagainst
11-03-2015, 01:32 PM
nothing to discuss, he is the GOAT shooter, not even close actually.

juju151111
11-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Yes thread

sd3035
Yes, not even a debate

tmacattack33
Yes

Dragonyeuw
11-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Obvious is obvious.

Beastmode88
11-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Yes. In before 3ball.

pauk
11-03-2015, 02:08 PM
No, i have lived to see even better or similar ones, very many, one in particular who i think was the best pure shooter (Drazen Petrovic in his prime) but at 3PT shooting Curry may certainly be the best i have ever seen... i mean the guy makes up to almost ~300 3's per season, up to ~4 3's per game of the ~8 taken, up to 46% in 82 games.... and its not like he is spot up shooting, its all almost of the dribble... pretty insane... however, that 3pt or shooting efficiency in general always seem to decrease in the post season for him where he looks mortal...

Stockalone
11-03-2015, 02:15 PM
not in order:
larry bird
drazen petrovic
chris mullin
ray allen
rex chapman
dan majerle
steve nash (48.9%FG/42.9%3PT/90.4%FT )
chuck person

'em 8 with curry for 3 point crown - that woudl be something amazing.....

what about peja stojakovic, porter, hornacek or even spot up shooters like kerr?

curry rates high and i think we all witness history in the making but there were some good guys in the past as well :D

juju151111
11-03-2015, 02:16 PM
No, i have lived to see even better or similar ones, very many, one in particular who i think was the best pure shooter (Drazen Petrovic in his prime) but at 3PT shooting Curry may certainly be the best i have ever seen... i mean the guy makes up to almost ~300 3's per season, up to ~4 3's per game of the ~8 taken, up to 46% in 82 games.... and its not like he is spot up shooting, its all almost of the dribble... pretty insane... however, that 3pt or shooting efficiency in general always seem to decrease in the post season for him where he looks mortal...
How does breaking reggie miller record in the playoffs mean he mortal.

24-Inch_Chrome
11-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Matt Bonner.

sportjames23
11-03-2015, 02:21 PM
I can't see an argument against it. Dude can shoot from any place in the gym.

Dragonyeuw
11-03-2015, 03:01 PM

Drazen was a great shooter. He wasn't on Curry's level, especially from 3 by your own admission. Curry's accuracy from 3 off the dribble is unparalleled. No-one has been this great across the board at volume range shooting.

JohnnySic
11-03-2015, 03:03 PM
not in order:
larry bird
drazen petrovic
chris mullin
ray allen
rex chapman
dan majerle
steve nash (48.9%FG/42.9%3PT/90.4%FT )
chuck person

'em 8 with curry for 3 point crown - that woudl be something amazing.....

what about peja stojakovic, porter, hornacek or even spot up shooters like kerr?

curry rates high and i think we all witness history in the making but there were some good guys in the past as well :D
No mention of Reggie Miller? He belongs in that group.

FreezingTsmoove
11-03-2015, 03:06 PM
hes a robut

Kungfro
11-03-2015, 03:23 PM
How does breaking reggie miller record in the playoffs mean he mortal.
He didn't just break that record either, he demolished it. Beat Reggie Miller by 40.

Stockalone
11-03-2015, 03:38 PM
No mention of Reggie Miller? He belongs in that group.

tru dat

haha

yes......Mr Miller.....i missed him cuz i hate him for what he did to knicks back in 90s.....still hurts....hahaha....and he could not create his own shot even if they paid him for it....ohhh.....wait.....they did and he still couldn't.....Cheryl was better....:banana: :banana: :banana: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

but srsly - missed miller. sincere apologies to whole Indiana

tontoz
11-03-2015, 03:44 PM
I am old enough to have seen Bird and Magic in college and i would say yes, Curry is the best i have seen. He takes shots that would be bad shots by anyone else and still makes them routinely.

LoneyROY7
11-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Yes. There's never a shot he takes that surprises you if it goes in.

KungFuJoe
11-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Anyone who mentions Drazen probably never even saw him play.

He was a very good shooter. But there were many better than him. Hell...even among guys from Europe, Peja is arguably a better shooter.

I've been watching NBA basketball since the 80s. I've never seen anyone like Curry. He's ridiculous the way he shoots off balance off the dribble shots. His form isn't even orthodox...he just kinda flicks it up there...so quick that people can't even react.

SHAQisGOAT
11-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Greatest 3pt shooter of all-time? Yes, think you can already make that claim.

Greatest OVERALL shooter of all-time? You can definitely argue for it but - very few - others also have a great case.

inclinerator
11-03-2015, 04:36 PM
stfu

ShawkFactory
11-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Greatest 3pt shooter of all-time? Yes, think you can already make that claim.

Greatest OVERALL shooter of all-time? You can definitely argue for it but - very few - others also have a great case.
I think you could argue Bird or Dirk because of their size and ability to get midrange shots off, but do you think they're actually better shooters from that range than Steph would be?

FKAri
11-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Probably the greatest overall 3 pt shooter (if you include, shot, ability with a hand in face, off the dribble, set shots).

There's probably been better pure shooters but they couldn't launch it like Curry when covered or do it off the dribble with such a quick release.

Not sure about inside the arc.

RidonKs
11-03-2015, 04:41 PM
well... not if he died tomorrow

DaSeba5
11-03-2015, 04:46 PM
If he is not now, he will be by the time he retires for sure. Probably a lot sooner.

OmniStrife
11-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Makes all legendary shooters look like bums tbh...

AirFederer
11-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Yes, best pure shooter.

Don't think he (yet?) is the best clutch shooter.

Dragonyeuw
11-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Anyone who mentions Drazen probably never even saw him play.

He was a very good shooter. But there were many better than him. Hell...even among guys from Europe, Peja is arguably a better shooter.

Only person I've seen mention Drazen was Pauk. You mention Peja, I'd go as far as to say Dirk was a better overall shooter as well as far as Europeans go, GOAT level midrange and a great 3 point shooter to boot-at 7 feet no less.

90sgoat
11-03-2015, 05:06 PM
No fukking way, this overhyping of that lightskin ***** has to stop.

In the league today he isn't even the best, Durant has waaaay more variety in his range. Curry can 'only' chuck 3s, doesn't have midrange is a subpar finisher etc.

Bird was also clearly better.

Monta Ellis MVP
11-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Curry isn't just the GOAT shooter he is the new GOAT PLAYER.

Keep mentioning these European bums in the same sentence as Curry, it's a great laugh. :lol

Monta Ellis MVP
11-03-2015, 05:09 PM
No fukking way, this overhyping of that lightskin ***** has to stop.

In the league today he isn't even the best, Durant has waaaay more variety in his range. Curry can 'only' chuck 3s, doesn't have midrange is a subpar finisher etc.

Bird was also clearly better.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LAZERUSS
11-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Yes.

And with the greatest range.

OldSchoolBBall
11-03-2015, 10:03 PM
I think there were/are a few guys just as good or better from 22 feet and in (Bird, Dirk, Jordan, Nash), but he is by far the best 3-point in-game shooter ever. Just too versatile and potent with that shot to compare him to other 3-point assassins like Miller or Allen, who specialized in shooting it off screens etc. Curry can shoot it at a moment's notice in any situation.

bizil
11-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Yep I gotta give Steph the crown. His handles, range, and FEARLESSNESS shooting the rock give him the crown. When most people think shooting, they think of great 3 point shooters who ALSO score a lot of points.

But I think another great criteria is the 50-40-90 criteria. In that sense, Steph has been DAMN close to that mark. But guys like Bird, Miller, Mark Price, Durant, Dirk, and Nash have hit that mark. So when u include ALL THREE shooting phases as a package, u have other guys FROM A TOTAL FLOOR PERSPECTIVE on Steph's level. But I think Durant and Dirk are the MOST UNIQUE great shooters of all time because of their size.

Cold soul
11-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Yup I'll give him this title for sure but I'll still take few over him for game winner that being 3 pointer.

stalkerforlife
11-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Does a bear shit in the woods?