PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash and Dwight Howard: The last nails on Kobes coffin.

Mr. Jabbar
11-04-2015, 02:29 AM
I will always remember these 2 scrubs. With their inability to do anything right nor with a sense of urgency costing the black mamba his achilles therefore his career. Hitting those 2 fts injured was actually a perfect portrayal of kobes career :applause:

http://d1warraxuf7xh1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nashhowardSI.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/lakers/ts_130412kobe_injured.jpg

http://www.trbimg.com/img-516a070e/turbine/la-sp-0414-lakers-kobe-injury-20130414-001/600/600x405

http://lakerspulse.net/lakerspulse/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/hi-res-166467614-kobe-bryant-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-shoots-a-free_crop_exact.jpg

Cocaine80s
11-04-2015, 02:33 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3692973/kobefail.gif

LoneyROY7
11-04-2015, 02:35 AM
What do you mean?

When you nod your head yes, but you wanna say no.

What do you mean?

When you don't want me to move, but you tell me to go.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

Magic 32
11-04-2015, 02:36 AM
The run in the second half of that season is the most underrated achievements in modern nba history.

The team was falling apart around him and Kobe just went to another level.

dubeta
11-04-2015, 02:38 AM
The run in the second half of that season is the most underrated achievements in modern nba history.

Kobe winning 45 games and missing the playoffs with an all-star team is noteworthy?

:yaohappy:

Mr. Jabbar
11-04-2015, 02:39 AM

Agreed. Kobe gave everything to get into the playoffs, it drained his soul. Still can't believe how little clownward and that white scrub nash actually cared about success. It was pathetic.

Magic 32
11-04-2015, 02:40 AM
Kobe winning 45 games and missing the playoffs with an all-star team is noteworthy?

:yaohappy:

Missed the playoffs?

Dragged them in is more like it.

Nash an Dwight could barely walk.

http://s23.postimg.org/qm5s88oaj/erytre.png

WayOfWade
11-04-2015, 02:41 AM

I hate to admit it, but Kobe that season was more entertaining to watch than anyone or anything else in the league at the time (even the Miami Heat). Watching a player defy the odds like he did, play as incredibly as he did at such an age, was quite a thing to watch. I'll always remember his 48 points against Portland, my personal favorite Kobe performance of all-time. #7 all-time player in my book

Mr. Jabbar
11-04-2015, 02:43 AM
Dragged them in is more like it.

Nash an Dwight could barely walk.

Please forgive him. The members of my family are utterly classless, even in times of great sorrow... it's kinda their thing.

Smoke117
11-04-2015, 02:47 AM
Agreed. Kobe gave everything to get into the playoffs, it drained his soul. Still can't believe how little clownward and that white scrub nash actually cared about success. It was pathetic.

Everything you say? What about defense? He was atrocious defensively in that 13 season. I love how you kobe stans blame a guy who came back early from serious back surgery and was playing with a tear in his shoulder...you morons expected way too much out of Dwight. Nobody can have that kind of back surgery and magically just spring back athletically.

ShaqTwizzle
Eh... I detect some revisionist history.

Kobe individually played very well offensively in 2013 but he also forced everything to revolve around him.
Basically he was playing "Lebron ball" according to what some Kobe fans think that is.
Clearly his offensive impact despite the gaudy numbers wasn't near his 06-10 level.

Also he was a big negative defensively.

The Laker's winning more games down the stretch was more a function of Dwight improving and an absurdly easy schedule.
Kobe was pretty consistently good that year so it wasn't like he started performing at a much higher level late in the season.

Plus even down the stretch they had a very poor margin of victory and barely won many of those games.
That is strange considering the good play of Dwight and the big offensive numbers from Kobe. Clearly something was off.

Yes Kobe played well but Dwight was probably as valuable if not more valuable in the 2nd half of that season.
Kobe might have been better offensively but you can't ignore what a liability he was on defense especially compared with the more balanced two way Dwight.

bigkingsfan
https://40.media.tumblr.com/205e797045a4802960495d941824cf15/tumblr_nps6uziehd1s2mokto1_1280.png

Magic 32
11-04-2015, 02:57 AM
Eh... I detect some revisionist history.

Sure

Kobe individually played very well offensively in 2013 but he also forced everything revolve around him.

Should it revolve around Nash? Dwight?

Kobe shot the ball 17 time per game in the first 4 games of the season (on 56% shooting) and the lakers were 1-3.

Clearly his offensive impact despite the gaudy numbers wasn't near his 06-10 level.

Correct. In the last 25 games it was better.

Also he was a big negative defensively.

Not bigger than Nash and Meeks.

The Laker's winning more games down the stretch was more a function of Dwight improving

Yes Kobe played well but Dwight was probably as valuable if not more valuable in the 2nd half of that season.

That's just....:facepalm

Plus even down the stretch they had a very poor margin of victory and barely won many of those games.

That's because the team sucked outside of Kobe.

Kobe might have been better offensively but you can't ignore what a liability he was on defense especially compared with the more balanced two way Dwight.

Kobe's passing was half of Dwight "offense"

17 ppg at the peak of Lakers winning streak.

Mr. Jabbar
11-04-2015, 03:03 AM
Sure

Should it revolve around Nash? Dwight?

Kobe shot the ball 17 time per game in the first 4 games of the season (on 56% shooting) and the lakers were 1-3.

Correct. In the last 25 games it was better.

Not bigger than Nash and Meeks.

That's just....:facepalm

That's because the team sucked outside of Kobe.

Kobe's passing was half of Dwight "offense"

17 ppg at the peak of Lakers winning streak.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

i rlly liked the part where:

"Originally Posted by ShaqTwizzle
The Laker's winning more games down the stretch was more a function of Dwight improving
"

:lol

dubeta
11-04-2015, 03:04 AM

"

jabbar bro hopefully you're not feeling too sad right now, you can always pm me, just dont pull a kenneth pls

ShaqTwizzle
11-04-2015, 03:14 AM

"

Was I wrong though?
I didn't feel that Kobe played at a higher level down the stretch of that season.
He altered his style somewhat but his overall production & impact was similar.
First half of the season he was doing 30 / 5 / 5 then down the stretch he was more 27 / 5 / 7.

If anything it is a compliment that Kobe played well the whole year and not just down the stretch.

The truth is Dwight did improve and play better in the 2nd half of the season and the schedule did get easier so why is it strange that I would think those might be the reasons for the Laker's improved w/l record?

Do we have to pretend that Dwight didn't play well down the stretch and that Kobe just carried scrub team to the playoffs (even though Laker's won 3-5 more games and secured their playoff spot after Kobe went down).
Well?

:coleman:

Mr Feeny
11-04-2015, 03:19 AM

:yaohappy:barely making the playoffs with Gasol, DDwight, Nash and Artest is something Kobe fans take pride in:lol that's how much he sucks:lol

NZStreetBaller
11-04-2015, 03:24 AM
I honestly believe that kobe would have had 1 more good season in 2013 - 2014 left in him if not for that injury. But severe injuries that late in ur career are impossible to come back from

JT123
11-04-2015, 03:30 AM
barely making the playoffs with Gasol, DDwight, Nash and Artest is something Kobe fans take pride in:lol that's how much he sucks:lol
:roll:

plowking
11-04-2015, 03:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcwopW6k3cc

Pretty embarrassing from your leader. Not even the airball, since it happens, but the not hustling back on D part. This is the guy that is supposed to be teaching the young guys on the team.

Gileraracer
11-04-2015, 03:38 AM
ISH topic #1: Curry
ISH topic #2: Kobe
ISH topic #3: Lebron

Damn, I want my King to be #1 again :(

Mr Feeny
11-04-2015, 03:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcwopW6k3cc

Pretty embarrassing from your leader. Not even the airball, since it happens, but the not hustling back on D part. This is the guy that is supposed to be teaching the young guys on the team.

:facepalm