PDA

View Full Version : What is the chance that Whiteside is considered Miami's best player by April?

tmacattack33
11-04-2015, 04:00 PM
What is the chance that Whiteside is considered Miami's best player by April (the end of the regular season and beginning of the playoffs)?

I would say around 25%. It looks like he will eclipse Bosh soon, and Wade is likely to be broken down by the time April roles around, as usual.

Dr Hawk
11-04-2015, 04:02 PM
Hopefully really high, I have him in the fantasy league

Wade's Rings
11-04-2015, 04:07 PM
What is the chance that Whiteside is considered Miami's best player by April (the end of the regular season and beginning of the playoffs)?

I would say around 25%. It looks like he will eclipse Bosh soon, and Wade is likely to be broken down by the time April roles around, as usual.

:oldlol:

r15mohd
11-04-2015, 04:09 PM
it's already in Riley's mindset going into the offseason...Whiteside is Riley's #1 on his agenda to secure long term, followed by a big FA signing (the push for KD) and then dish the leftovers to Wade.

JT123
11-04-2015, 04:21 PM
it's already in Riley's mindset going into the offseason...Whiteside is Riley's #1 on his agenda to secure long term, followed by a big FA signing (the push for KD) and then dish the leftovers to Wade.
How the hell can the Heat afford all these players? :biggums:
Bosh is currently making the max (lol) Wade is near max. How can they still afford to give Whiteside and KD max contracts?

JT123
11-04-2015, 04:23 PM

Whiteside is already better than Bosh, and should be number one option over Wade as well.
Bosh has to be the biggest waste of 118 million dollars I've ever seen.

r15mohd
Bosh is currently making the max (lol) Wade is near max. How can they still afford to give Whiteside and KD max contracts?

Wade is a 1yr max, expires next summer...he's not getting paid anything significant if we grab a FA. Deng is off the books, Chalmers/Bird are FA and McBob will likely be traded.

if there's anyone to make the numbers work, and get other to take cuts, it's the best GM this game has ever seen...Pat Riley!

https://insidemiamisports.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/the-godfather.jpg

GrapeApe

Whiteside would be the player most impacted if Wade breaks down because Wade spoon-feeds him half his points. Whiteside has no real offensive game to speak of and he's a turnover waiting to happen when he has the ball. For him to eclipse Bosh he'd have to develop some semblance of an offensive game. I'm hoping that will happen with Jawan Howard's tutelage.

Through 4 games though, he's been the Heat's second best player. Bosh needs to get it going, and I suspect he will. That being said, if the Heat are going to make noise this year in the playoffs, Whiteside probably NEEDS to be the Heat's second most impactful player. Not the second option per se, but the second most important player.

GrapeApe
11-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Whiteside is already better than Bosh, and should be number one option over Wade as well.
Bosh has to be the biggest waste of 118 million dollars I've ever seen.

You just went full retard there. Whiteside isn't good enough offensively to be a 3rd option much less a 1st option. His scores are almost entirely from Wade lobs and offensive put-backs. He's terrible with the ball in his hands and has zero post game (though he actually does have good hands). He'll get his "garbage man points" and lob dunks, but in terms of the offensive pecking order it's Wade, Bosh, and Dragic. 34 year old Wade at 22 ppg on 59%TS and a 26 PER would still be a first option for all but a handful of teams in the league.

aj1987
11-04-2015, 05:01 PM
GrapeApe doin work! :cheers:

el gringos
11-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Isn't whitesides cap hold the key here? Do they have a birds right to him and a really tiny cap hold? Wades cap hold would be huge and he'd need to be signed first or let bird rights go.

I could see having the space for Durant but could they get wade to take more than 50% pay cut before signing anyone?

They'd have to trade dragic for wade, whitesides and the capspace

dubeta
11-04-2015, 05:32 PM
He's their best player since LeBron

GrapeApe
11-04-2015, 05:49 PM
He's their best player since LeBron

Does it ever get tiresome to maintain your shtick? I'd imagine it's tough to post 8,600 times without ever being able to express your genuine opinion or carry a legitimate discussion.