PDA

View Full Version : No team has found the recipe to defeat the Warriors yet

Fudge
11-05-2015, 01:23 AM
:lol :lol :lol

Chumps.

Every team has tried, and every team has failed. Miserably.

Throw double teams on Curry all game and you're ****ed.

Grind the game out and be physical with them? ****ed. Grizzlies tried it. Failed miserably. Cavs tried it. Failed miserably.

You can't match their pace either. They'll outplay you in their own game.

This team is almost impossible to beat in a 7 game series.

GIF REACTION
11-05-2015, 01:25 AM
It's true

They are so deep from 1 to 10. When the bench players step in, they don't even miss a beat.

Fudge
11-05-2015, 01:52 AM
And STILL no team has found the recipe yet.

They've all tried. No dice.

:lol

TheCalmInsanity
11-05-2015, 02:40 AM
I think the Clippers put up a good fight tonight, especially considering it was at GSW. Chris Paul's and Paul Pierce's two missed free throws could have been the difference that would have resulted in a Clippers win if they went in.

r15mohd
11-05-2015, 03:01 AM
No ones really tried slowing the game down to a turtle pace like the Cavs did against them in the finals...everyone is basically trying to play up to their level and beat them, and that's basically impossible to do

First team to basically run down the clock on EVERY possession will probably give them fits for the game as it stops their running and any transition momentum.

That and u need someone who's good at chasing down Chef Curry and making his shots harder than they already are, which again seems impossible as he's hitting everything

Pretty simple huh lol

I<3NBA
11-05-2015, 07:04 AM
no team has given Curry the Jordan rules treatment yet. they should. he can't take it.

keep-itreal
11-05-2015, 07:10 AM
The Cavaliers did. They just ran out of talent

CarlosBoozer
11-05-2015, 07:13 AM
Deandre was playing horrible D, teams need to learn to defend the draymond n curry pick and roll

nathanjizzle
11-05-2015, 07:22 AM
easy, put d rose on curry. rose completely had him in shackles the last time they played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM1jxSo1YwE

Uncle Drew
11-05-2015, 08:56 AM
easy, put d rose on curry. rose completely had him in shackles the last time they played.
13/33 shooting along with 11 turnovers and only 1 assist.

poido123
11-05-2015, 08:59 AM

rose sucks these days.

must be ripping you up inside. You ok?

nathanjizzle
11-05-2015, 09:01 AM
13/33 shooting along with 11 turnovers and only 1 assist.

and the bulls still won. without jimmy butler "the bulls best player" :lol
rose shut down curry, that was it.

also, let me know when kyrie has a game against rose where he doesnt get outplayed either.

ImKobe
11-05-2015, 09:02 AM
the only way to beat the Warriors in a 7-game series right now is to be more healthier than they are. Unfortunately, other teams aren't as dominant and that means their top players have to do a lot more on a nightly basis to win games while Curry gets to rest after 4th quarters every other game due to blowouts.

nathanjizzle
11-05-2015, 09:06 AM
rose sucks these days.

must be ripping you up inside. You ok?

keep trying kangy. Also, leave the forum like you said you were going to.

Uncle Drew
11-05-2015, 09:11 AM
and the bulls still won. without jimmy butler "the bulls best player" :lol
Thanks to their D. They could've blown out the Warriors if Rose wasn't such a selfish chucker.

also, let me know when kyrie has a game against rose where he doesnt get outplayed either.
How about all of last years playoffs? :roll:

Have fun with yet another 2nd round exit!

r0drig0lac
11-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Spurs 2-1 last season, Kawhi will rape Curry again

poido123
11-05-2015, 09:22 AM

Aren't you Asian?

Or am I thinking of some other tragic stan?

nathanjizzle
11-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Aren't you Asian?

Or am I thinking of some other tragic stan?

yeah i am. arent you a chubby ugly white guy from down under that cant ball?

SwishSquared
11-05-2015, 10:20 AM
We didn't see a healthy Cavs team play the Dubs after gelling for a whole year. I think the Finals would have ended differently in that scenario...

However to beat this team you have to trot out a top 5, at worst, starting lineup and have a top 10 bench.

Clippers can hang with them for 35 minutes but the 13 minutes they play bench guys they lose ground vs. the Dubs. It would help if coaches were smarter about staggering units to have at least 1 cornerstone offensive player alongside bench guys.

Derka
11-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Deandre was playing horrible D, teams need to learn to defend the draymond n curry pick and roll
Big time this. It seemed to me like DJ was more interested in setting himself up to get a blocked shot rather than play good PnR defense. I think Doc got in his face about it at halftime too, because he started showing on those PnRs in the 2nd half.

DJ should watch videos of KG defending the high pick and roll, as he was one of the best at it. You have to get out there and interrupt the man coming off the screen in some way, not just sag off below the free throw line all lazy like. You especially can't do this against Stef Curry who can get a shot off with even the tiniest bit of space.

Alamо
11-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Spurs beat the Warriors 6 of the last 7 times they played. Usually by double digits as well. Green and Kawhi are too much for Curry, and Klay is useless against them.

thefatmiral
11-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Spurs beat the Warriors 6 of the last 7 times they played. Usually by double digits as well. Green and Kawhi are too much for Curry, and Klay is useless against them.
Word. Looking forward to their first meeting. Playoff battle would be a war. Would also like to see a healthy cavs in a rematch

Kawhi
11-05-2015, 11:33 AM
This, and it goes by the name of Kawhi Leonard. I am still laughing because of this defensive clinic, tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePw4iiV8yzs

HurricaneKid
11-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Big time this. It seemed to me like DJ was more interested in setting himself up to get a blocked shot rather than play good PnR defense. I think Doc got in his face about it at halftime too, because he started showing on those PnRs in the 2nd half.

DJ should watch videos of KG defending the high pick and roll, as he was one of the best at it. You have to get out there and interrupt the man coming off the screen in some way, not just sag off below the free throw line all lazy like. You especially can't do this against Stef Curry who can get a shot off with even the tiniest bit of space.

C'mon. What you are saying is that a 7 ft C should be comfortable hedging a PnR 25 ft from the basket. I'll give you a hint, there aren't any anywhere that can do it. Which is why the C is going the way of the dodo. Its not because there aren't any good bigs anywhere. Its that with shooting everywhere on the floor you don't get to just rim defend any more. You are going to be placed in uncomfortable spots defending great shooters if you are a big. Now DJ has to be another step up, and that will happen should they meet in the playoffs, but THAT is why GSW going small is so scary. They then present a 1/5 PnR and there just aren't any 1/5s out there that can switch on Dray/Curry.

Alamо
11-06-2015, 07:31 AM
This, and it goes by the name of Kawhi Leonard. I am still laughing because of this defensive clinic, tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePw4iiV8yzs

Kawhi is just too long and too athletic.

Achilleas
11-06-2015, 07:48 AM
too bad that 2/4 matches against spurs are in the last 3 games

and the second important player of gsw is draymond and not klay,dray pick and roll with curry is impossible to defend

sportjames23
11-06-2015, 08:02 AM
Kawhi is just too long and too athletic.

I think the term used by many here at ISH is "thick".

All Net
11-06-2015, 08:56 AM
What has meetings 2 years ago got to do with now? Warriors are a lot better then they ever were then.

So that stat is rather pointless

Series last year was 1-1 when warriors decided to rest guys as they had already wrapped up the west

AintNoSunshine
11-06-2015, 08:59 AM
More like no team has found the recipe to stay healthy in last year's playoffs.

PP34Deuce
11-06-2015, 12:45 PM
With facing golden state you need:

depth at 1 and 4.
perimeter D
discipline
shooters
a slasher to make Curry and/or thompson play D
Good stretch 4 that's long and athletic.

Teams with this are:

Spurs
Cavs
Thunder

Mass Debator
11-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Deny Curry the ball and bump him hard as many times as you can. You need an agile PF and C to hedge hard on Curry screens. Whoever he is guarding, that person needs to run as much as possible on offense through screens and just for heck of it.

Stockalone
11-06-2015, 01:29 PM

D-ROSE does NOT suck and won't. all drama now with him. orbital fracture - come on - let us see who on this forum can relate to that and tell us how it is and how it is to play at full speed, how does it affect vision, decision making etc. his body took the beating in mvp season, he is smart and knows no one will care once he is liability, therefore he already worked twice back from injury and he looks to reinvent himself again - easy - he will find his way as he is smarter and has bball iq. it will happen. just give it time.

he will stay at bulls, bulls are good match for him - plenty of ppl to get points with Pau and Kola and Jimmy. let us all allow him to get into his groove, find his game again and stop b*tching about d-rose

r0drig0lac
11-06-2015, 03:39 PM
What has meetings 2 years ago got to do with now? Warriors are a lot better then they ever were then.

So that stat is rather pointless

Series last year was 1-1 when warriors decided to rest guys as they had already wrapped up the west
ok
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400579442

Spurs m8
11-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Spurs beat Warriors last time they played...Warriors had been peaking too...smashed them too.

OP doesn't know much tbh

Fudge
11-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Spurs beat Warriors last time they played...Warriors had been peaking too...smashed them too.

OP doesn't know much tbh
You mad at me?

Spurs m8
11-06-2015, 06:23 PM
nah mate...I hope you have a good one tbh

Spurs know the recipe tho : )

FKAri
11-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Imagine if Duncan, Ginobli and Parker were all in their respective primes. What a team to watch that would be!

warriorfan
11-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Curry is GOAT you can't fade him

oarabbus
11-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Deny Curry the ball and bump him hard as many times as you can. You need an agile PF and C to hedge hard on Curry screens. Whoever he is guarding, that person needs to run as much as possible on offense through screens and just for heck of it.

Sounds like the Pelicans. Didn't work.

Spurs m8
11-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Curry is GOAT you can't fade him

Stop being a delusional fgt

Spurs m8
11-06-2015, 07:06 PM

Straight up not true tbh

I<3NBA
11-06-2015, 08:34 PM
this. curry needs to bump into so many hard screens. he can't take it.