PDA

View Full Version : So who's the 2nd Best player in the League?

branslowski
11-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Curry as I even said 3yrs ago in a thread is the most skilled player in the game especially with Kobe being old and hurt. Curry just needed that killer mindset and I knew it would be a wrap...Now he's truely got it and this pushes him to clear num 1 like when Kobe truely realized the league couldn't stop him many years ago...

So now I ask, since Curry has tooken his rightful place at #1, who's the 2nd best player in the World? Davis? Durant? Westbrook? Harden? LeBron? Who?

West-Side
11-05-2015, 11:05 AM
1. Durant
2. LeBron
3. Curry

Curry isn't as well-rounded as LeBron and isn't as big of an offensive threat as Durant. Sure he's had an excellent year last year and has started off super hot, but people are getting ridiculous with the Curry love.

He might be my favorite current NBA player but there's no way he's better than James or Durant, and I have a hard time imagining him ever being better than Durant. Durant just two years ago had a legendary season, far greater than Curry's 2015 season.

West-Side
11-05-2015, 11:06 AM
I think he's earned to be called the 3rd best player currently; even better than A.Davis who still needs to prove himself on a consistent basis. He's got the highest ceiling in this league, higher than Durant's because of his defense.

Quickening
11-05-2015, 11:07 AM
1. Lebron
2. Curry

3. Durant

rest....

Lets see Curry be dominant for a bit longer before we crown him the best player in the world, he wasn't as good as Lebron in the recent finals and LeKing has been the best player for 6 years.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

jimmy77x
11-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Some people just can't accept that curry is way more skilled and talented than lebrick. Most exciting player in the league right now. Better than watching repetitive bran stat padding for triple doubles and the same dunks/ awkward moves.

branslowski
11-05-2015, 11:16 AM
1. Durant
2. LeBron
3. Curry

Curry isn't as well-rounded as LeBron and isn't as big of an offensive threat as Durant. Sure he's had an excellent year last year and has started off super hot, but people are getting ridiculous with the Curry love.

He might be my favorite current NBA player but there's no way he's better than James or Durant, and I have a hard time imagining him ever being better than Durant. Durant just two years ago had a legendary season, far greater than Curry's 2015 season.

It's not even ppl being over hyped by him...He's BEEN more skilled then everyone in the league the last 3 yrs, he just oftenly would be too unselfish during critical moments and lost his confidence at times. Now he's wrapping his hand around opponents necks...And not well rounded like Bron? Only thing Bron does better than Curry is grab rebounds, so does Tristan Thompson...He's a better scorer than Bron and shooter, his pass game is better than Brons aswell and he is now more of a killer on court than Bron...And not a offensive threat like KD?? What does KD do offensively that Curry can't? Other than create flop flail fouls?

West-Side
11-05-2015, 11:49 AM
It's not even ppl being over hyped by him...He's BEEN more skilled then everyone in the league the last 3 yrs, he just oftenly would be too unselfish during critical moments and lost his confidence at times. Now he's wrapping his hand around opponents necks...And not well rounded like Bron? Only thing Bron does better than Curry is grab rebounds, so does Tristan Thompson...He's a better scorer than Bron and shooter, his pass game is better than Brons aswell and he is now more of a killer on court than Bron...And not a offensive threat like KD?? What does KD do offensively that Curry can't? Other than create flop flail fouls?

Uhm no just no.
LeBron is a better scorer; Curry is a much better shooter.
LeBron is arguably a better passer.
LeBron is easily a better rebounder and defender.

Curry is simply a better shooter and far more clutch. He is also arguably the better passer, but that's totally debatable.

LeBron had seasons where he averaged more PPG on a ridiculous 55+ FG% and 60+ TS% before. How is Curry the better scorer??

Just two years ago; LeBron had a 65% TS & 57% FG and scored 27 a game.

Even last year, despite LeBron's somewhat mediocre season for his standards. He still scored more points on better FG%.

Curry's best TS% was 61% (last season), where he scored 24 PPG.
LeBron has surpassed that mark twice in his career, despite him being a mediocre FT shooter and nowhere near as good of a long-range shooter. LeBron, however, has scored more than 24 PPG over ten times in his career.

Again, don't confuse shooting with scoring.
Curry isn't there yet, and might never be.

This 4-5 game stretch so far this season has really gotten him overhyped.
I can name stretch of games that LeBron, Kobe & Durant had that would embarrass Curry's current run.

By the way, James also has a higher career APG than Curry. So I'm not sure how he isn't the better passer.

West-Side
11-05-2015, 11:50 AM
What does KD do that Curry hasn't? Is this a joke?

24 PPG, 61 TS% & 49 FG% - Curry's best.
32 PPG, 64 TS% & 50 FG% - Durant's best.

Mass Debator
11-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Have it as 1. Lebron 2. Durant 3. Curry 4. Westbrook 5. Blake
By game 20, I'll revise it. I'm expecting Curry to leapfrog Durant if he keeps it up.

Gus Hemmingway
11-05-2015, 12:32 PM
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Curry

Curry just simply can't gaurd 1-5 like KD and LBJ can. H2H they'd both roast him also. You won't ever see Curry gaurd the other teams best 3, 4 or 5 player, he's simply just not physically gifted to, size wise.

West-Side
11-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Have it as 1. Lebron 2. Durant 3. Curry 4. Westbrook 5. Blake
By game 20, I'll revise it. I'm expecting Curry to leapfrog Durant if he keeps it up.

If he can keep "this" up he'll leapfrog both LeBron and Durant.
He just won't.

Megabox!
11-05-2015, 12:38 PM
I agree with West-Side , b-ball fans live in the moment and Curry's flashy and impressive crossovers and shooting has everyone over hyped. I honestly would still pick LBJ and Durant over him. But Curry is catching up, fast

Hey Yo
11-05-2015, 12:53 PM
OP is the latest Kobe kid to jump off ship and hop onto Curry's nuts.

Bless Mathews
11-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Bron Bron has his moments,

But most of the time he has the playing style of those 45 year old white dudes that try to run at the gym b

Awkward and definitely not fOnky.

Just gross and not enjoyable to watch.

Curry doe, wooooooooo next level fOnk.

24-Inch_Chrome
11-05-2015, 01:13 PM
1. Durant
2. LeBron
3. Curry

Agreed on the current list. Davis hasn't taken that step forward yet (currently taking a step back) so he really doesn't deserve a top-3 spot right now.

People seem to have either forgotten or never realized how amazing Durant's 2014 campaign was.

ShawkFactory
11-05-2015, 01:20 PM
1. Durant
2. LeBron
3. Curry

You said it.

He's turned in to very arguably the most exciting player in the league, but you're right. He doesn't have the offensive dominance that KD can display and he doesn't have the overall game of Lebron. He hasn't shown it as much yet (only 5 games obviously) but I'm waiting for him to get into a stretch of horrible turnovers and moments where he just looks completely lost out there. Before his jumper started falling in the fourth he kind of looked that way last night.

feyki
11-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Back to the 2013 w/out Curry ,

Curry

Lebron
Durant

Blake

catch24
11-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Curry/Durant
Durant/Curry
LeBron
Westbrook

The first 2 are arguable. Can't forget about LeBron, but I think he's regressed some. Westbrook is clearly behind the top 3 though, IMO.

Doranku
11-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Curry
LeBron
Durant
Westbrook

Rocketswin2013
11-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Curry
LeBron
Durant

WB
Blake
Paul

Possible re-entries into discussion: Davis, Harden

LeBron will not start playing his best basketball until later on. This may apply to KD too, but either way, I think he's among the best for sure.

HOoopCityJones
11-05-2015, 02:20 PM
OP is the latest Kobe kid to jump off ship and hop onto Curry's nuts.

Can't wait til you retire this account once Le2/7 shrivels up for good.

Probably just switch to one of your alts.