PDA

View Full Version : D'angel russell club

swagga
11-05-2015, 12:03 PM
I don't get the hate for this kid, he is living the black man dream tbh.

- lakers : check
- money : check
- swag : check
- kardashian : check
- dont give a fck : check
- haters : check
- not sweating it : check
- learning from kobe : check

He's just waiting for kobe to retire, no point in breaking his back right now. In the meantime he is just living the dream :applause:

Gus Hemmingway
11-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Is he HATED more than Jeremy Lin possibly?:confusedshrug:

Gileraracer
11-05-2015, 12:10 PM
shoes made of concrete: check

ClipperRevival
11-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Heavy feet - check
No quickness/suddenness - check
Lacks quick twitch muscles - check
Limited ceiling - check
Lakers blew it - check
Could've had Oakfor or Porzingis - check

I'm not hating. I wanted nothing more than for this guy to be a superstar but i have to face reality. Lakers blew it.

HOoopCityJones
11-05-2015, 12:31 PM
:roll:

Andrei89
11-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Osama Bin laden

Money- check
Haters- check
Doesnt give a **** - check
bitches- check
in heaven now with 72 virgins - check

I dont understand the hate.

West-Side
11-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Heavy feet - check
No quickness/suddenness - check
Lacks quick twitch muscles - check
Limited ceiling - check
Lakers blew it - check
Could've had Oakfor or Porzingis - check

I'm not hating. I wanted nothing more than for this guy to be a superstar but i have to face reality. Lakers blew it.

After 4-5 games. :facepalm
Yeah I'm sure you're not hating, you just keep talking and posting about him.
As soon as he had decent games your ass disappears.
You're a fugazi.

ClipperRevival
11-05-2015, 12:43 PM
You're a fugazi.

His ceiling is limited and that's all i care about. If he was a late 1st round pick, i wouldn't be as critical but the guy went #2 overall. I want a star with that pick, not just a solid facilitator.

Lakers Fan
11-05-2015, 12:43 PM
I don't get the hate for this kid, he is living the black man dream tbh.

- lakers : check
- money : check
- swag : check wrong
- kardashian : check
- dont give a fck : check wrong
- haters : check
- not sweating it : check wrong
- learning from kobe : check

He's just waiting for kobe to retire, no point in breaking his back right now. In the meantime he is just living the dream :applause:

I'm in da club. But these parts are just wrong. He obviously has the tools despite what the haters say, but if he currently had all these things up above, he would be tearing it up. If ever just says eff it, loosens up and plays ball the way he knows how instead of worrying about what Byron, Kobe and the fans think, he'll be alright. If he let's his mentality get screwed up worrying about what others think, and over analyzing his game, he's going to go down a hole he might not climb out of.

FreezingTsmoove
11-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Meanwhile Tj McConnel has 24 assists and 1 turnover in his last 2 games and almost dropped a tripple double against the Bucks defense last night....TJ went undrafted :lol

Like another poster said Lakers drafted a good looking Kendall Marshall with the second pick :lol over two Huge centers with a legit offensive game

hawksdogsbraves
11-05-2015, 02:40 PM
You're a fugazi.

Yeah too bad that hasn't happened :oldlol:

swagga
11-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Osama Bin laden

Money- check
Haters- check
Doesnt give a **** - check
bitches- check
in heaven now with 72 virgins - check

I dont understand the hate.

black - fail
kardashain - fail
that's equivalent to culturally unimportant for us in the black community.

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2015, 04:15 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

West-Side
11-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Yeah too bad that hasn't happened :oldlol:

Same shit happened at the beginning of the pre-season; he struggled and unnecessary threads were created. He then had a couple of solid outings and everything was silent up in here.
He's a project, people need to realize this.

Fire Colangelo
11-05-2015, 04:17 PM
You're a fugazi.

:oldlol:

He hasn't disappeared yet I see.

You don't draft a "project" that shows up once every couple of games with the number 2 pick. You want a star, or someone that has the potential to be a star.

swagga
11-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Same shit happened at the beginning of the pre-season; he struggled and unnecessary threads were created. He then had a couple of solid outings and everything was silent up in here.

real talk, i love my boy d'angello but al jefferson moves faster than him. He must've REALLY jeannie tbh.

FKAri
11-05-2015, 04:31 PM
http://images.hngn.com/data/images/full/139251/lakers-guard-dangelo-russell.jpg

Look at those legs and look at his face. Do you see this nigguh becoming anything?

swagga
11-05-2015, 04:34 PM
http://images.hngn.com/data/images/full/139251/lakers-guard-dangelo-russell.jpg

Look at those legs and look at his face. Do you see this nigguh becoming anything?

He'll leave basketball in 3-4 years to focus on his acting career.

ClipperRevival
11-05-2015, 04:36 PM
It's sad. The guy doesn't have a quick, twitch muscle in his body. His reflexes and reaction to movement is incredibly slow, even slower than many bigs. He was just cursed. He has great size, nice looking shot and rare court vision but that means little at the NBA level if you can't move to save your life. If he had been given just Mudiay's athleticism, he would be a good one.

FKAri
11-05-2015, 04:38 PM
I still think he'll get better and become a decent starter in the league. But I don't see him becoming a top 5 pg in the league ever.

outbreak
11-05-2015, 04:44 PM

This. But I can see why people over react on him. With the number 2 pick and being taken over other prospects who looked elite it's fair to be disappointed by a guy who has some serious obstacles to overcome if he wants to be better than an average player. He will improve I'm sure of that but he needs to find ways to over come physical limitations that guys taken after him don't need to worry about. If he was taken after Okafor and Porzingis people would be fine with him as a project but the lack of speed and explosiveness he's shown so far even when playing against guys like Rubio or D-leaguers is worrying to the eye test. Too early to call him a bust but all signs so far point to a best case scenario of being a mediocre starter or a bench guard, could prove everyone wrong but that's the most he's shown yet, rookies don't need to succeed right away but you want to see signs of an elite skill or physical attribute early.

Spurs m8
11-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Ouch

Jahlil Okafor joins Kevin Durant as only other teenager with 3 20+ point performances in first 4 career games

Collie
11-05-2015, 10:05 PM
'Angel Russell.

DaOldLion
11-05-2015, 10:06 PM
he will be fine

Steve Nash at 24 was shooting 36% and couldn't stay infront of anybody..

it takes these type of players time

he will be an all star

outbreak
11-05-2015, 10:24 PM
'Angel Russell.
:roll: taking it one step further

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2015, 10:28 PM
'Angel Russell.

No D and no O?

DAMN

SwishSquared
11-05-2015, 10:28 PM
His ceiling is limited and that's all i care about. If he was a late 1st round pick, i wouldn't be as critical but the guy went #2 overall. I want a star with that pick, not just a solid facilitator.If it makes you feel better, just consider Clarkson your lotto pick & Russell a later pick. That's how some people were viewing the Celtics in regards to RJ Hunter @ 27 and Rozier @ 16. Not exactly same, but still. I get it's two different draft classes. I was a huge believer in Russell being really good. I think he can still get there. He just can't outdo guys physically. That's why he has to come along more slowly.

Fire Colangelo
11-05-2015, 10:29 PM
he will be fine

Steve Nash at 24 was shooting 36% and couldn't stay infront of anybody..

it takes these type of players time

he will be an all star

Nash had crazy work ethic, can't say the same about Russell.

By all means, he could prove all the haters wrong, and I'm rooting him to do so (no reason to hate on a rook). But so far from what we've seen, he kinda sucks.

DaOldLion
11-05-2015, 10:30 PM
by the time Russ is 26 he will be the best pg in the league or very close

Rocketswin2013
'Angel Russell.
:roll:

SoCalMike
A bit early, much? Give the boy some time!

:pimp:

Foster5k
11-05-2015, 10:31 PM
:oldlol:

DaOldLion
11-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Nash had crazy work ethic, can't say the same about Russell.

By all means, he could prove all the haters wrong, and I'm rooting him to do so (no reason to hate on a rook). But so far from what we've seen, he kinda sucks.

and how do you know this :biggums:

are you in the gym watching them workout :oldlol:

If Nash's work ethic was so good then why did it take him until he was 26 to average double digit points in the nba..

Russ in what like 19? Nash came into the league at 22 and averaged 3/2...

Russ will be fine, people are just overreacting because he plays for the Lakers and this is ISH where insecurity runs wild and everybody wants to shit on the Lakers

Russ looks better than Nash did his rookie year and Russ is way younger in his rookie year than Nash was

Fire Colangelo
11-05-2015, 10:45 PM
and how do you know this :biggums:

are you in the gym watching them workout :oldlol:

If Nash's work ethic was so good then why did it take him until he was 26 to average double digit points in the nba..

Russ in what like 19? Nash came into the league at 22 and averaged 3/2...

Russ will be fine, people are just overreacting because he plays for the Lakers and this is ISH where insecurity runs wild and everybody wants to shit on the Lakers

At least Nash wasn't dating Kardashians :oldlol: by all means Russell could have crazy ethics but it really hasn't translated on the court. Maybe he will prove everyone wrong and become a beast.... But he hasn't shown any signs of that yet.

Also, I don't understand why people keep mentioning Nash. Nash is an outlier..... Not the norm.

Nobody was overreacting on Nash because he drafted like 15th, not 2nd. Compare Russell to any point guard drafted top 5 recently..... And he kinda sucks.

Guys like Irving, Curry, Wall, Rubio, etc were all elite in at least one aspect of the game since day one...

DaOldLion
11-05-2015, 10:52 PM
At least Nash wasn't saying Kardashians :oldlol: by all means Russell could have crazy ethics but it really hasn't translated on the court. By all means he could prove everyone wrong and become a beast.... But he hasn't shown any signs of that yet.

Also, I don't understand why people keep mentioning Nash. Nash is an outlier..... Not the norm.

Nobody was overreacting on Nash because he drafted like 15th, not 2nd. Compare Russell to any point guard drafted top 5 recently..... And he kinda sucks.

Guys like Irving, Curry, Wall, Rubio, etc were all elite in at least one aspect of the game since day one...

uhh were the Kardashians even around in 96' :biggums:

I swear that ISH posters bring up the most irrelevant shit ever :oldlol:

all of those guys you just mentioned minus Rubio who wasn't shit in his rookie year came into the league with elite athleticism, Irving's quickness, Wall's athleticism, and obviously Curry is just different since he is the GOAT shooter who has possessed those skills for years..

Nash is the comparison because both have a lack of athleticism but also have great vision with good shooting, guys like Nash and Kidd both took years to become the players they are, and both also had more experience in college than Russell did

I don't know why people are so fast to shit on Russ, he wasn't expected to be great from the get go, he's young, lacks athleticism and is going to take some time. However, he has potential to be an elite shooter and an elite passer, only time will tell.. by the time he is 26 he'll break out

that's why he was picked in the lottery, it takes years for these types of players to develop but if he becomes what we expect him to become then he will be fine, just idiots on ISH overrating, if he didn't play for the Lakers nobody would care and everybody would admit that it will take time for a player like him to be good.. shit even guys like Pippen took time..

Fire Colangelo
11-06-2015, 12:05 AM
uhh were the Kardashians even around in 96' :biggums:

I swear that ISH posters bring up the most irrelevant shit ever :oldlol:

all of those guys you just mentioned minus Rubio who wasn't shit in his rookie year came into the league with elite athleticism, Irving's quickness, Wall's athleticism, and obviously Curry is just different since he is the GOAT shooter who has possessed those skills for years..

Nash is the comparison because both have a lack of athleticism but also have great vision with good shooting, guys like Nash and Kidd both took years to become the players they are, and both also had more experience in college than Russell did

I don't know why people are so fast to shit on Russ, he wasn't expected to be great from the get go, he's young, lacks athleticism and is going to take some time. However, he has potential to be an elite shooter and an elite passer, only time will tell.. by the time he is 26 he'll break out

that's why he was picked in the lottery, it takes years for these types of players to develop but if he becomes what we expect him to become then he will be fine, just idiots on ISH overrating, if he didn't play for the Lakers nobody would care and everybody would admit that it will take time for a player like him to be good.. shit even guys like Pippen took time..

Exactly.... Guys that succeed as lottery picks had some kind of upside. Be it speed, atheleticism or shooting skills, they had some thing. What does Russell have exactly? Is he a great shooter? Great defender? Great atheleticism? Speed?

Do you know how many players broke out at age 26? Not many..... So again, Nash is he outlier, not the norm.

Kidd was the co-rookie of the year....

None of the guys you mentioned was a 2nd pick....... I don't know what you expect from 2nd picks, but I expect them to make an impact on my team right away. And so far Russel has not done that.

Again, hopes he prove me wrong. But I don't think there's one game where he's shown off his "potential".