PDA

View Full Version : Nobody's talking the other undefeated team

Marchesk
11-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Can they be a legit contender?

Do they have the talent to give the Cavs a competitive series?

FreezingTsmoove
11-05-2015, 02:27 PM
People forget Usari the Raptors GM is one of the best talent evaluators and is great at putting teams together

People forget Raps and Warriors had similar records before Derozan went down

HOoopCityJones
11-05-2015, 02:28 PM
If it's Atlanta, fucc no.

Fools gold, gonna look legit all season and get shook as soon as they face Lebron and The Cavs in the post season.

Heavincent
11-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Because they play in the East.

hawksdogsbraves
11-05-2015, 02:33 PM

Fools gold, gonna look legit all season and get shook as soon as they face Lebron and The Cavs in the post season.

It's the Raptors, and even if we choked in the ECF at least we were capable of winning a single playoff game :oldlol:

Levity
11-05-2015, 02:33 PM
because they've wildly underperformed the last two years in the playoffs, with their best player disappearing during that time.

Carroll is a great pick up for this team, though. adds a lost of defensive versatility to their line up

HOoopCityJones
11-05-2015, 02:36 PM
It's the Raptors, and even if we choked in the ECF at least we were capable of winning a single playoff game :oldlol:

In the East? winning a single game or series out in that conference is like bragging you ****ed a prostitute, I mean yea you got pu$$y but we all know you paid for that shit.

Absolutely no game.

CJ Mustard
11-05-2015, 02:36 PM
They're a regular season team. First round fodder in the Playoffs. They probably fall apart in the second half of the season anyway and finish 5th or 6th.

WorldWarriors
11-05-2015, 02:39 PM
They marched into OKC on a back to back to back and came up the victors. That should open some eyes.

CJ Mustard
11-05-2015, 02:40 PM
They marched into OKC on a back to back to back and came up the victors. That should open some eyes.
:oldlol: No it shouldn't. We're 4-5 games into the season. Literally nothing that happens at this point has any implications of what's to come in April/May/June.

Heavincent
11-05-2015, 02:45 PM
They're a regular season team. First round fodder in the Playoffs. They probably fall apart in the second half of the season anyway and finish 5th or 6th.

I don't know if they'll drop that far, but yeah, East teams are just fodder for Lebron and his stacked teams to steamroll through.

Lets be honest: There is a distinct gap in talent between the Cavs and everyone else in the East.

hawksdogsbraves
11-05-2015, 02:45 PM
In the East? winning a single game or series out in that conference is like bragging you ****ed a prostitute, I mean yea you got pu$$y but we all know you paid for that shit.

Absolutely no game.

I'm not bragging, I'm just saying the reason nobody buys into the Raptors is because they couldn't win a single game in the East playoffs. Not a series, a single game.

People shit on us because the Cavs raped us in the ECF, which is fair, but at least we won a couple series even if we looked bad.

AirTupac
11-05-2015, 02:51 PM
It was so cringe worthy how the whole nation was preaching WE THE NORTH and Drake was hyping everyone up only to get embarassed in the playoffs.... again.

Genaro
11-05-2015, 02:54 PM
They started hot last season as well. Expect them to fall hard after a few months.

IncarceratedBob
11-05-2015, 03:03 PM
look at who the raptors have played, it's a joke

avonbarksdale
11-05-2015, 03:12 PM

okc and dallas?

DukeDelonte13
11-05-2015, 03:15 PM
People forget Usari the Raptors GM is one of the best talent evaluators and is great at putting teams together

People forget Raps and Warriors had similar records before Derozan went down

He's one of the most overrated talent evaluators. Has that bruno kid played in an NBA game yet?

oarabbus
11-05-2015, 03:16 PM

Atlanta isn't undefeated man.

HurricaneKid
11-05-2015, 03:26 PM
okc and dallas?

Dallas? You bragging about beating Dallas? Without WesMat and Chandler?

Is this serious?

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2015, 03:27 PM
cause East.

SugarHill
11-05-2015, 03:29 PM

Is this serious?
Wes Mathews was playing

and chandler who? parsons? cuz he was also playing :durantunimpressed:

Grey Dawn
11-05-2015, 03:38 PM

...after the Raptos beat OKC @ home last night :oldlol:

The east does suck compared to the west, but the cavs are not nearly as good as the Lebrun heat teams so the heavily defensively improved Raptors are one of the only possibilities for shrinking that Cavs vs. everyone else gap in the East

Fire Colangelo
11-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Nothing much to talk about imo.....

Dallas really isn't that good this year, so we've only beaten one good game in OKC.

There are a lot of good signs so far, but it'd be crazy to suggest that we'd be able to beat the Cavs in a series. So far, we're at best a 2nd tier East team along with Chicago, Washington, Miami, etc. I'm not even sure if we can beat any of those teams in a series....

And the two first round exits (especially last year) in the last two years doesn't help either.

With that said.... I'm glad Pierce signed with a team in the West so we won't bump into him in the first round again :oldlol: Really excited to see how far the team goes this year. I think we'll finally crack 50+ wins and get into the 2nd round.

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2015, 04:11 PM
They aren't going to be legit contenders until they get an elite talent or two. I also don't feel confident on what they can do in the playoffs until we get to April.

Until we start seeing the Raptors play at this level on a month to month basis, let's not overrate them. They started well last year too, but it was the wrong formula. Too much ISO, heavy switching in the defense, and injuries. They seem to be trying to correct that this season with a better emphasis on defense.

So less talk, the better.

swagga
11-05-2015, 04:13 PM
raps (swept) in 4.

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2015, 04:14 PM
He's one of the most overrated talent evaluators. Has that bruno kid played in an NBA game yet?

He's going to spend a lot of time on the development team this coming season. Kid was a project form the start, what were you expecting by his 2nd season on a team that is deep on the wing position ?

knicksman
11-05-2015, 06:25 PM
why wilt stans insecure so lately? afraid that another player is just one ring away from surpassing him?

DukeDelonte13
11-05-2015, 06:27 PM
He's going to spend a lot of time on the development team this coming season. Kid was a project form the start, what were you expecting by his 2nd season on a team that is deep on the wing position ?

i was expecting that ujiri would have used at least 1 first round pick on a guy that actually contributes. He's a very overrated GM.

Spurs m8
11-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Remember last year?
The November champs?

Clifton
11-05-2015, 07:48 PM
They just don't have enough talent. Same thing with the Hawks and Wizards. These teams are nice, they just... don't have the talent. When you watch the Warriors or Clippers or healthy Thunder or healthy clicking Cavs play, it looks like a totally different game.

I would like to see an NBA where teams like the Raptors mattered. Ten years ago, who knows? Many teams would be one trade away back when the Spurs and Pistons were winning titles. But right now, it's a superteam everywhere you look.

24-Inch_Chrome
11-05-2015, 07:50 PM

Is this serious?

Matthews and Chandler played you ****ing idiot.

On pace for 82-0.

:party:

srsly tho ECF at best

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2015, 09:11 PM
i was expecting that ujiri would have used at least 1 first round pick on a guy that actually contributes. He's a very overrated GM.

At the time, most Raptor fans wanted either Rodney Hood or Clint Capella at that pick. They probably wouldn't have contributed that much by now, maybe Capella would have fit better as a backup ? I don't see Hood making an immediate impact either.

His drafting could be better, but he has made good current roster moves. Getting Bargnani and Gay off the team was important clear cap and get picks. It eventually got us DeMarre Caroll and Cory Joseph long term, while also getting rid of any further negatives on the team. Biyombo and Scola have been good bargins, so far.