PDA

View Full Version : What was with all the hype about Billy Donovan?

JerrySeinfeld
11-06-2015, 03:00 AM
He's done absolutely nothing different than Scott Brooks, I don't see why they hired the guy... might as well of kept Brooks at this rate, it'd be a lil' cheaper

Richesly
11-06-2015, 03:03 AM
Not Donovan's fault. Durant and Westbrook are just losers who will never even witness a ring. Just like Dominique Wilkins.

sportjames23
11-06-2015, 03:19 AM
Not Donovan's fault. Durant and Westbrook are just losers who will never even witness a ring. Just like Dominique Wilkins.

Shittin on Nique now? :facepalm

Your team hasn't done shit since they traded him back in 1994. One of the stupidest trades in NBA history.

Richesly
11-06-2015, 03:48 AM

Your team hasn't done shit since they traded him back in 1994. One of the stupidest trades in NBA history.

Danny Manning was a little bitch and didn't tell anyone he wanted to go to the Clippers. Matter of fact, the guy SAID he would resign with Atlanta. Instead, the guy stood us up and didn't even try at practice, with resulted him not playing or not trying to even do anything in the game.

He got his wish next season. He should've been banned.

And Nique wasn't even that good in 1994. Manning was better.

I<3NBA
11-06-2015, 03:53 AM
the hype was more of a result of Scott Brooks being gone and the fans automatically thinking anyone replacing him couldn't be worse than him

:lol

sad to say they were disappointed :lol

DavisIsMyUniBro
11-06-2015, 03:57 AM
It takes time to adjust. I still say both them and Pelicans are gonna have a great second half.

Thing is, even though brooks only did Iso ball, thing about durant is, he was statistically the most efficient iso player in nba history. Slightly beating jordan

Genaro
11-06-2015, 04:20 AM
I got to agree with it. He hasn't done anything different from Brooks. The defense is bad, the offense is just iso and his rotations such. Still, I won't judge him yet. Give him the full season to give his imprint on the team. Maybe their play is still the Brooks culture reflection.

Off topic: KD and WB are coasting on defense. They need to start playing both sides.
That switching wasn't working on Rose and they kept doing. That was very dumb.

JerrySeinfeld
11-06-2015, 02:11 PM
It takes time to adjust. I still say both them and Pelicans are gonna have a great second half.

Thing is, even though brooks only did Iso ball, thing about durant is, he was statistically the most efficient iso player in nba history. Slightly beating jordan

If it takes time to adjust why did Kerr come in and instantly change all of the Warriors rotations last year? Based on last night I saw nothing different about OKC. Same exact starting 5 w/ no 3pt shooting other than KD and same exact rotations and iso ball play.

They fired Brooks and replaced him with Brooks :roll:

Thunder_Up
11-06-2015, 03:22 PM
He's done absolutely nothing different than Scott Brooks, I don't see why they hired the guy... might as well of kept Brooks at this rate, it'd be a lil' cheaper

It's only been 6 games, but I disagree with nothing being different. Minus the 4th quarter, there is less ISO and more off ball movement. Especially with the second team, you will see multiple pass and PnR attempts before each shot. However, it's pretty obvious they aren't very good and executing this offense yet. Our turnovers are not only higher, but a lot of times they are unforced. You can tell they are trying to run a play but if the defense doesn't do what is expected they hesitate and don't know how to react. Then either reset or revert to ISO.

Change is happening but it's definitely not easy.

Edit: Also what hype? I rarely saw a thread around here about him other than a "Well see how he transitions from College to Pro" type.

IncarceratedBob
11-06-2015, 03:29 PM
phil jackson called donovan one of the brightest bball minds around today. that's the highest praise you can get.. he's an elite coach. give him some time to implement his stuff

atljonesbro
11-06-2015, 05:41 PM

What do you mean they haven't done anything????? They just had the best season in their history :facepalm

dazzer87
11-06-2015, 05:48 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378367

stalkerforlife
11-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Phil Jackson and Popovich are the only two men alive that could reach Westbrook.

Billy D is a great coach.

ShawkFactory
11-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Phil Jackson and Popovich are the only two men alive that could reach Westbrook.

In college maybe. Saban and Harbaugh didn't work in the pros either.

irondarts
11-06-2015, 08:26 PM
In college maybe. Saban and Harbaugh didn't work in the pros either.
Harbaugh was a great NFL coach.

90sgoat
11-06-2015, 08:31 PM

This, it would take the level of an elite coach who also had massive alpha qualities to reel in Westbrook, which is basiclally only Phil and Pop and I am tempted to say ONLY Phil because Pop would likely have traded Westbrook after giving up on him halfway through the season.

Hey, if Westbrook got traded to the East he'd chuck his way to multiple 30ppg+ seasons in that awful conference.