PDA

View Full Version : Is Zach Lavine the worst point guard in the league?

IGOTGAME
11-06-2015, 11:45 AM
i don't think I've ever seen someone this bad play so much point guard.

oh the horror
11-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Are the Wolves seriously running him at PG?

Why? That doesn't even make any sense

IGOTGAME
11-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Are the Wolves seriously running him at PG?

Why? That doesn't even make any sense

They handed him the starting shooting guard spot and he was HORRIBLE. So they moved him to back up point guard and he is still horrible. He is just bad at basketball.

Fallen Angel
11-06-2015, 12:25 PM
They handed him the starting shooting guard spot and he was HORRIBLE. So they moved him to back up point guard and he is still horrible. He is just bad at basketball.
What are you talking about? He didn't even start the season at SG, Wiggins did and Prince started at the 3.

Flip wanted to start Lavine, but that changed with his passing.

And Lavine isn't even a natural floor general.

IGOTGAME
11-06-2015, 12:57 PM
What are you talking about? He didn't even start the season at SG, Wiggins did and Prince started at the 3.

Flip wanted to start Lavine, but that changed with his passing.

And Lavine isn't even a natural floor general.

He was given the spot during preseason and lost it before the season started.

Lavine is bad.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Calderone is :facepalm

HighFlyer23
11-06-2015, 01:14 PM
has crazy hops though

FreezingTsmoove
11-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Statistically he is one of the worst pick and roll players in the league since last season

IncarceratedBob
11-06-2015, 03:24 PM
wolves wouldnt trade lavine for dangelo russell right now

JtotheIzzo
11-06-2015, 04:00 PM
His athleticism and smoothness are intoxicating, but the reality is he just isn't good at basketball.

James White 2.0.

oh the horror
11-06-2015, 04:03 PM
His athleticism and smoothness are intoxicating, but the reality is he just isn't good at basketball.

James White 2.0.

Funny thing is we have all seen players like this come and go. They have crazy athleticism and hops but can't make it work within their skill set for basketball. So they end up being a novelty item until they're eventually gone and playing overseas somewhere.

Sarcastic
11-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Isn't Rubio the point guard?

And as already stated Jose Calderon is the worst pg.

coin24
11-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Lavine was beasting second half of last season, give him a break. You guys sound like lonely old lazeruss hating on Lavine :lol

I'd trade Dangslow for Lavine anyday:cheers:

imdaman99
11-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Why can't he develop into a Gerald Green type player? It's not like Green burst onto the screen, I remember dude being a bust and then worked on his outside shot and came back and now he's a valuable guy off the bench. I seen Lavine have some nice games, the potential is there. Just don't give him the keys to the offense.

Cocaine80s
11-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Hes arguably better than Wiggins

Troll harder

TiagoSimoes
11-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Hes arguably better than Wiggins

Troll harder
:roll:

:roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

ClipperRevival
11-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Funny thing is we have all seen players like this come and go. They have crazy athleticism and hops but can't make it work within their skill set for basketball. So they end up being a novelty item until they're eventually gone and playing overseas somewhere.

Yup. Having off the chats athleticism is great but you have to be able to play SOME basketball to have success. Right now, he's very raw. He has a lot of polishing to do.

ClipperRevival
11-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Why can't he develop into a Gerald Green type player? It's not like Green burst onto the screen, I remember dude being a bust and then worked on his outside shot and came back and now he's a valuable guy off the bench. I seen Lavine have some nice games, the potential is there. Just don't give him the keys to the offense.

Anytime a guy is that freakishly athletic, they always have a chance to excel. Green didn't pan out until only a few years ago. Heck, he was playing with the Lakers D League team just a few years back. Lakers could've signed him anytime but didn't.

el gringos
11-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Lavine and Calderon just need to switch spots and both get better. Lavine is a triangle pg. Calderon the opposite

Lavine and bjelica
For
Calderon 2018 & 2020 1sts

IGOTGAME
11-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Lavine and Calderon just need to switch spots and both get better. Lavine is a triangle pg. Calderon the opposite

Lavine and bjelica
For

Lavine is horrible in any offense and at any position. He is really bad.

Xiao Yao You
11-06-2015, 06:04 PM
my vote is for Trey Burke

SwishSquared
11-06-2015, 06:41 PM
I don't think he's the absolute worst PG in the league but he's near the bottom.

He's clearly not a good decision-maker, ball handler, or distributor. He can't defend any position and is best suited offensively to finishing lobs or spotting up. Is he C&S 3 ball falling this year? I've only paid attention to KAT on the T-Wolves so far.

He's a boom/bust kinda guy. Might always be best suited to a bench role. He very well could be the Gerald Green of his class.

HurricaneKid
11-06-2015, 07:15 PM

Lavine and bjelica
For

Knick firsts are like GOLD (they are going to suck for the next 5 years for sure) Lavine isn't worth one, much less two.

RoseCity07
11-06-2015, 07:21 PM
I saw Damian Lillard press him and steal the ball. Very next play lillard did it again and Lavine was forced to pass the ball. If a so called bad defender can do that to him it doesn't say much about lavines guard skills.