PDA

View Full Version : EVERYBODY is sleeping on the Hawks. Ridiculous.

Richesly
11-07-2015, 01:13 AM
EVERYBODY. Espn, NBA's youtube, NO ONE has mentioned how well the Hawks are playing. NBA's Youtube hasn't even put one clip of the Hawks! Wtf!?

Lets see

1st seed in the much tougher Eastern conference this year.

Lets look at all the guys who dropped double digits against the Pelicans tonight.

Paul Millsap - 22 points, 12 rebounds, 2 steals.

Kyle Korver - 22 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals. Shot 8-8 from the field, 4-4 from 3, 2-2 from FT.

Jeff Teague - 19 points, 7 assists

Dennis Schroder -15 points, 5 assists, and Shredder did this in only 18 minutes!

Al Horford - 14 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks

Kent Bazemore - 10 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, 1 block

Honorable Mention:
Mike Scott - 9 points, 2 rebounds

THAT'S HOW YOU WIN.

And think this was just a one game thing?
Hawk players averaging double digits:

Jeff Teague
Kyle Korver
Kent Bazemore
Paul Millsap
Al Horford
Dennis Schroder

Take notes, isoball lovers.

KungFuJoe
11-07-2015, 01:15 AM
No superstar. No chip.

stalkerforlife
11-07-2015, 01:17 AM
I ain't mad at the Hawks.

But y'all need someone to step up during crunch time.

J Shuttlesworth
Lost one of their best players in Carroll, and got swept by the Cavs w/o Love/Irving

Non factor

Real14
No Mega star. No title.

Smoke117
11-07-2015, 01:19 AM
swept

Marchesk
11-07-2015, 01:21 AM
Who? I'm watching GS blow out another team.

Prime_Shaq
11-07-2015, 01:22 AM
Ya'll were saying the same thing last season, talking all kinds of shit in the regular season. What happened in the playoffs? Your team bent over and got anally destroyed by LeBron's Cavs without his 2nd or 3rd option. Until your team does shit in the playoff nobody will take them seriously.

Richesly
11-07-2015, 01:24 AM
Lost one of their best players in Carroll, and got swept by the Cavs w/o Love/Irving

Non factor

Hawks are better than they were last year. Come on now, I know you're smarter than that.

6 people averaging double digits. 7 players got it tonight, almost 8 with Scott.

Look at the assists everyone has. The rebounds. Hawks share everything.

Real14
11-07-2015, 01:26 AM
Hawks are better than they were last year. Come on now, I know you're smarter than that.

http://digmo-01.missouri.edu/media/multimedia/2013/06/11/media/061113_BasketballCamp_041_02_t_w600_h475.jpg

Richesly
11-07-2015, 01:27 AM
http://digmo-01.missouri.edu/media/multimedia/2013/06/11/media/061113_BasketballCamp_041_02_t_w600_h475.jpg

Okay? System player. Sucked ass offensively before going to the Hawks. WE made him good. Not himself.

Same is happening to Bazemore.

1987_Lakers
11-07-2015, 01:30 AM
Hawks had an amazing start last season and look what happened.

bluechox2
11-07-2015, 01:33 AM
wake us up when they do something

Richesly
11-07-2015, 01:59 AM
wake us up when they do something

Wake us up when the Knicks made the ECF in this era.

David Lee was your best player in this era. melo sucks.

Real14
11-07-2015, 02:02 AM

Wake us up when ATLANTA goes to the damn finals. You damn finals virgins:no: :coleman:

David Lee was not better than '13 Melo and '11 Amare kid:lol try again:roll:

SouBeachTalents
11-07-2015, 02:03 AM

Wake us up when the Hawks have an ECF win

SyRyanYang
11-07-2015, 02:04 AM
People were sleeping on the Hawks last year and look what happened...

Oh wait

Marchesk
11-07-2015, 02:13 AM
To be fair, they did make it past the second round.

Mike Armstrong
11-07-2015, 02:14 AM
Nobody cares about regular season teams that disappear in the playoffs. They are fools gold.

Richesly
11-07-2015, 02:40 AM
Nobody cares about regular season teams that disappear in the playoffs. They are fools gold.

I don't really get how making the finals for one of the conference is exactly disappearing, but ight.

FKAri
11-07-2015, 02:57 AM
Korver, the white (well, whiter) Curry

Mike Armstrong
11-07-2015, 04:16 AM
I don't really get how making the finals for one of the conference is exactly disappearing, but ight.

The bold is code for you not wanting to admit that they only made it because of how terrible the East is and it not meaning anything. Once they met their first legit team (which was riddled with injuries), the Hawks got their shit pushed in.

atljonesbro
11-07-2015, 04:44 AM
This forum only wants to see a few things: 360 swag dunks, step back contested jumpers, and ally oops. If you aren't doing that then you aren't a good team according to ish.

People don't want to objectively look at the teams. They want to simply their arguments to singular ideas and dumb it down because they don't have the critical thinking skills to explain why they don't like a particular thing. And people are already back tracking. I vividly remember people saying, "call me when r hey get out the 2nd round". Now that they do that, "call me when they get out the conference finals." It's a defense mechanism to keep backtracking over and over and over until you finally get it right and can say, "see, told ya". No one wants to admit they were wrong about how good Atlanta is.

DavisIsMyUniBro
11-07-2015, 04:53 AM
EVERYBODY. Espn, NBA's youtube, NO ONE has mentioned how well the Hawks are playing. NBA's Youtube hasn't even put one clip of the Hawks! Wtf!?

Lets see

Lets look at all the guys who dropped double digits against the Pelicans tonight.

Kyle Korver - 22 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals. Shot 8-8 from the field, 4-4 from 3, 2-2 from FT.

Dennis Schroder -15 points, 5 assists, and Shredder did this in only 18 minutes!

Honorable Mention:

THAT'S HOW YOU WIN.

Jeff Teague
Kyle Korver
Kent Bazemore
Paul Millsap
Al Horford
Dennis Schroder

People are sleeping on the hawks.

B it not only are they all getting aclimated to a new offensivw and defensive system, but 2 sarters are iur and jrie was cancer

Cole was out too, and a few ref calls did us in.

dilley
11-07-2015, 04:59 AM
B it not only are they all getting aclimated to a new offensivw and defensive system, but 2 sarters are iur and jrie was cancer

buddha
11-07-2015, 05:04 AM
I know right? I can't believe I got them at -150 last night.

Kblaze8855
11-07-2015, 05:14 AM
Im gonna try to explain this in a way you wont take offense...

The season is 2 weeks in. 4-5 teams are tied in losses in the east. Nobody anywhere is talking about seeding after 5-6 games. The Blazers last year were on pace for 65 wins...as late as January 11th. And we are talking November 6th records?

Not that anyone would care what their record is in April either.

Much like the Bulls, Clippers, Rockets, Cavs, and so on....all anyone will remember is the playoffs.

The record is for you to point to for months as people tell you they dont care.

Great franchises are on a different standard. The fans change their expectations to match. Atlanta was down so long you seem to keep getting excited about things high standards franchises dont care about.

If the Hawks are good the next 5-6 years and keep losing in the playoffs im sure you will stop. If they actually win you wont have to. We will see how it goes....but you cant make fans who barely care about their own teams specific seedings care about yours.

I dont give a shit if the Bulls are the second seed....win the conference...come in 4th. None of that matters a bit. What matters is how we matchup with the Cavs and Hawks in the playoffs....wherever we meet.

All the rest is just the white noise of a season going by.

We win 62 games again and lose in the ECF....its pretty...whatever.

For great teams there is winning and misery. For bad franchises winning some games....is cause for celebration.

You gotta step up into the world of contenders and leave that Bucks/Kings/Nets fan mentality behind. The Hawks are a legit good team. Too good for its fans to be getting excited over being the first "seed" 2 weeks into the season. You have a real team. People dont get excited when a real legit team has a good week.

There will never be an ESPN story on a good team being 6-1.

A bad team being 6-1 would be talked about....

Consider nobody caring the Hawks are on a good run....to be a compliment.

You dont WANT to be a fan of a team that goes 6-1 with a lot of fanfare.

That just means your team isnt really worth a damn.

Take a moment to bask in the Hawks being good enough for nobody to care they won 6 straight.

Really. Bask.

Soak it in.

Isnt that nice?

Isnt it nice not being the 76ers?

Philly wins 6-7 straight...its a story.

You dont want to be the subject of that story.

You want winning streaks to be expected enough...for nobody to care.

Enjoy it. Dont complan.

Its a sign of progress.

Uncle Drew
11-07-2015, 05:20 AM
This forum only wants to see a few things: 360 swag dunks, step back contested jumpers, and ally oops. If you aren't doing that then you aren't a good team according to ish.

Then how come people call the Warriors the best and most exciting team in the league and Curry the best and most exciting player in the league? You dumb.

VengefulAngel
11-07-2015, 05:55 AM
Im gonna try to explain this in a way you wont take offense...

The season is 2 weeks in. 4-5 teams are tied in losses in the east. Nobody anywhere is talking about seeding after 5-6 games. The Blazers last year were on pace for 65 wins...as late as January 11th. And we are talking November 6th records?

Not that anyone would care what their record is in April either.

Much like the Bulls, Clippers, Rockets, Cavs, and so on....all anyone will remember is the playoffs.

The record is for you to point to for months as people tell you they dont care.

Great franchises are on a different standard. The fans change their expectations to match. Atlanta was down so long you seem to keep getting excited about things high standards franchises dont care about.

If the Hawks are good the next 5-6 years and keep losing in the playoffs im sure you will stop. If they actually win you wont have to. We will see how it goes....but you cant make fans who barely care about their own teams specific seedings care about yours.

I dont give a shit if the Bulls are the second seed....win the conference...come in 4th. None of that matters a bit. What matters is how we matchup with the Cavs and Hawks in the playoffs....wherever we meet.

All the rest is just the white noise of a season going by.

We win 62 games again and lose in the ECF....its pretty...whatever.

For great teams there is winning and misery. For bad franchises winning some games....is cause for celebration.

You gotta step up into the world of contenders and leave that Bucks/Kings/Nets fan mentality behind. The Hawks are a legit good team. Too good for its fans to be getting excited over being the first "seed" 2 weeks into the season. You have a real team. People dont get excited when a real legit team has a good week.

There will never be an ESPN story on a good team being 6-1.

A bad team being 6-1 would be talked about....

Consider nobody caring the Hawks are on a good run....to be a compliment.

You dont WANT to be a fan of a team that goes 6-1 with a lot of fanfare.

That just means your team isnt really worth a damn.

Take a moment to bask in the Hawks being good enough for nobody to care they won 6 straight.

Really. Bask.

Soak it in.

Isnt that nice?

Isnt it nice not being the 76ers?

Philly wins 6-7 straight...its a story.

You dont want to be the subject of that story.

You want winning streaks to be expected enough...for nobody to care.

Enjoy it. Dont complan.

Its a sign of progress.

The problem with all that you said here is the assumption that the Hawk's are a good team.

WallIn
11-07-2015, 05:59 AM
Ya'll were saying the same thing last season, talking all kinds of shit in the regular season. What happened in the playoffs? Your team bent over and got anally destroyed by LeBron's Cavs without his 2nd or 3rd option. Until your team does shit in the playoff nobody will take them seriously.
+1

smoovegittar
11-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Hawks are a great team. Any fool knows this. But you gotta get some post season wins if you want the pundits and idiots to get on board.

..and stop listening to the media.

Doranku
11-07-2015, 09:45 AM
LeBron swept the same shitty Hawks last year with a bunch of janitors. Nobody will ever take them seriously and rightfully so.

Gileraracer
11-07-2015, 09:59 AM
LeBron swept the same shitty Hawks last year with a bunch of janitors. Nobody will ever take them seriously and rightfully so.

Ok Kyrie is a janitor now.

KembaWalker
11-07-2015, 10:01 AM
I do fall asleep watching em tbh, so not surprised everyone else is sleeping on them :sleeping

keep-itreal
11-07-2015, 10:03 AM
pretenders.

last season was a fluke. They're going to get swept again by the Cavs

CelticBaller
11-07-2015, 11:21 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81xtNv34BTL._SL1500_.jpg

RidonKs
11-07-2015, 11:51 AM
they're easy to sleep on

they pose no threat whatsoever to a healthy cavs team

which puts them in the same category as the bulls, raptors, heat, wizards, pacers and bucks

it's like... who cares

on the other hand, they have a few assets they could entertain in a trade that could bolster them up a big notch.

scott
hardaway
bazemore

pair any two of those guys with either shroeder or millsap or even korver and see what comes?

teague and horford are the nucleus and they can be the 2nd and 3rd best players on a championship team

but they need somebody who can be better than they are

you do not need both millsap and korver. each have their own lanes in which they excel... but end of the day, they're both excellent offensive players.

it'll be hard to find takers for millsap at $20m the next three years. meanwhile korver and shroeder are on bargain deals for the next two years.

how about a package for brook lopez and joe johnson? :lol

greatest-ever
11-07-2015, 12:32 PM
OP, you realize that the Cavs swept them in the ECF with no Kevin Love and with Irving hardly playing? I don't see how they'll be better this year, all of their players have peaked aside from maybe Teague.

dhsilv
11-07-2015, 12:45 PM
The hawks fell asleep in large part because of lack of competition and really stunk it up the last 20 or so games of last season. As a result they didn't get it back in the playoffs.

The big question mark for this team is if they can play the kind of defense to make it to the next level.

All that said we're not even 8 games in. Nothing matters at this point outside of injuries.

atljonesbro
11-07-2015, 12:50 PM
It honestly doesn't have to do with the Hawks level of play why people sleep on them, it's just the branding. You look over at the Bulls, every year they are overrated as hell with tons of people thinking they can make it out of the east and they fail absolutely every year without fail for only the next year people to say the same thing. They have a much stronger brand than the Hawks which is why people say this every year

Duderonomy
11-07-2015, 01:06 PM
I think the Hawks have a good chance on getting 50 wins and should make the second round, in media coverage they are the Grizzlies of the East.

fsvr54
11-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Let them sleep.

macpierce
11-07-2015, 01:46 PM
They're the Cincinnati Bengals, they have to have post season success before anyone respects them...

atljonesbro
11-07-2015, 01:51 PM
They're the Cincinnati Bengals, they have to have post season success before anyone respects them...
I'm confused on what quantifies post season success because when you look at the Bulls they have none yet they get overrated every year. Like I said, it's all branding. Level of play doesn't matter when you're the Hawks due to a weak brand

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Ok Kyrie is a janitor now.

Kyrie didnt play dummie.

Real14
11-07-2015, 02:13 PM
I'm confused on what quantifies post season success because when you look at the Bulls they have none yet they get overrated every year. Like I said, it's all branding. Level of play doesn't matter when you're the Hawks due to a weak brand

ATLANTA never won a game in the east finals tho.

Foster5k
11-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Sleeping on the Hawks? LMAO!

Last year, this sorry for an excuse for a team won 60 games, had a bunch of players selected as all-stars, and their coach was selected as the Coach of the Year. Guess what happened?

They got swept...

/thread

SpecialQue
11-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Look, I'm really glad you like your team. You have a lot to be excited about, unlike a lot of fanbases (mine included). However, people are sleeping on the Hawks because they're a boring team, nobody gives a shit about them, and they're going to end up losing to the Cavs in the playoffs. I mean, I'm sorry, that's just how it's going to play out. They can win 70 games this season and nobody is going to care because they're not going to be in the finals.

Foster5k
11-07-2015, 02:27 PM
There should be a rule on ISH that there will not be any Hawk related threads until the playoffs start.

Hawks are a regular season team. Come playoffs, they have an extremely high probability of getting swept. The Hawks are probably the only NBA team that could win 70+ games and still have about a 0% chance of even getting to the Finals.

Hotlantadude81
11-07-2015, 02:46 PM

Non factor

Funny... Nobody cared about Carroll last year, but now all of a sudden he is a huge loss.

Hotlantadude81
11-07-2015, 02:47 PM

Lets see

Honorable Mention:

THAT'S HOW YOU WIN.

Jeff Teague
Kyle Korver
Kent Bazemore
Paul Millsap
Al Horford
Dennis Schroder

The only way they get past Cleveland is if Lebron gets hurt.

That's just reality.

SamuraiSWISH
11-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Hawks are nothing special. LeBron beat them on his own in a sweep.

DMV2
11-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Funny... Nobody cared about Carroll last year, but now all of a sudden he is a huge loss.
People knows Carroll's game but people don't care enough to talk about the Hawks.

Look at Millsap, nobody really talks about him as a Hawk. But when he was a Jazz player, people were talking about him.

atljonesbro
11-07-2015, 03:21 PM
People knows Carroll's game but people don't care enough to talk about the Hawks.

Look at Millsap, nobody really talks about him as a Hawk. But when he was a Jazz player, people were talking about him.
Bazemore is basically playing at Carroll level so far this year. It's not that much of a loss really.

And really what you're saying pretty much proves the very first point I made. No flash = No good according the media and fans. There's no rational to most of the arguments people make against the Hawks. People would even consistently downplay the Spurs year after year and there would be the year "sleepin on the Spurs" thread and the media would just forget about them

Hotlantadude81
11-07-2015, 04:37 PM

So far his being gone hasn't been felt... He isn't playing that well with Toronto as of yet either. He is a loss, but not a huge one.

Carroll barely played with Utah... So, the idea that everyone "knew about his game" is just silly.

dhsilv
11-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Look, I'm really glad you like your team. You have a lot to be excited about, unlike a lot of fanbases (mine included). However, people are sleeping on the Hawks because they're a boring team, nobody gives a shit about them, and they're going to end up losing to the Cavs in the playoffs. I mean, I'm sorry, that's just how it's going to play out. They can win 70 games this season and nobody is going to care because they're not going to be in the finals.

Boring? They are one of the better teams to watch in the league. Unless you're talking about not being interesting off the court which I can't really comment on as honestly virtually everyone in the nba is boring as hell off the court. They didn't get famous for being brilliant or interesting people after all.

LoneyROY7
11-07-2015, 04:42 PM
:sleeping

Hotlantadude81
11-07-2015, 04:43 PM

Unless something goes wrong (like the Ferry debacle) then they're everywhere in the news.

Foster5k
11-07-2015, 04:43 PM
BRB... still sleeping

Wake me up come playoff time. Oh wait, we're talking about the Hawks. In that case, don't bother waking me up.