PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry might be god.

CJ Mustard
11-07-2015, 01:50 AM
Shit is ridiculous at this point. Shoots cartoonish percentages every ****ing night. The Warriors are an all time great team too. If they stay healthy, they the first team I think has an actual shot of breaking 70 wins since the Bulls.

Monta Ellis MVP
11-07-2015, 01:54 AM
Agreed. I have been watching the NBA for along time now and just like Magic, Bird, and Jordan, Steph Curry has that "it" factor. We are witnessing one of the Greatest Players of All Time.

iTare
11-07-2015, 01:56 AM
For some reason it feels weird to me to be calling him this great due to the fact that a few years ago I would have never guessed this. But man, this guy is a legend already.

SyRyanYang
11-07-2015, 01:57 AM
His skill level is definitely at GOAT level despite mediocre athleticism. Just gotta stay healthy to crack the actual GOAT list.

iTare
11-07-2015, 01:58 AM
He already has more impact in the game of basketball than a lot of dudes in the hall of fame. More talented for sure.

HighFlyer23
11-07-2015, 02:02 AM
Hes five games into the season

Stfu

SyRyanYang
11-07-2015, 02:03 AM

Stfu

MVP and Championship last year don't account for anything?

miggyme1
11-07-2015, 02:05 AM
His skill level is definitely at GOAT level despite mediocre athleticism. Just gotta stay healthy to crack the actual GOAT list.

mediocre athleticism????????:biggums: :biggums:

he had around the same pre draft measurements and stats as john wall. Dont believe me go look it up.

Bosnian Sajo
11-07-2015, 02:06 AM

Stfu

You're dumb af.

outbreak
11-07-2015, 02:10 AM
over rated as ****. He's only averaging 36ppg on 57/51/95%
holy shit he's good

BIG FURB
11-07-2015, 02:11 AM

Stfu

Six games actually, all wins, and he just dropped 34/10/7 in that last game (hitting 8 more 3's!!:bowdown: :bowdown: ). He might not be god but he's doing one helluva impression of him out on the court

outbreak
11-07-2015, 02:12 AM
Im waiting for 2k to announce curry passed away and has been replaced by a solid light hologram and they apologize for the bug in his shooting sliders

warriorfan
11-07-2015, 02:41 AM
he's going to win MVP again

DavisIsMyUniBro
11-07-2015, 02:44 AM
he's going to win MVP again

I want you to meet my friend

last name is sherlock

his first name is no shit.

keeps up this pace it will be the best offensive season ever.

best season by a pg as well.

J Shuttlesworth
11-07-2015, 02:59 AM
Crazy thing is that he was honestly playing pretty passive in the 2nd half. Still dropped over 30 pts

JT123
11-07-2015, 03:00 AM
over rated as ****. He's only averaging 36ppg on 57/51/95%
holy shit he's good
Peak Lebron James numbers :applause:

dubeta
11-07-2015, 03:23 AM
Hes slowly turning into the most overrated player in nba history :lol

Can he get a FMVP vote before we start crowning him??

inclinerator
11-07-2015, 03:25 AM
he sold his soul to the devil

CurryOverLebron
11-07-2015, 03:29 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Bz80e6kWy-g/USUbvD8_B-I/AAAAAAAAKw8/hau1V82mSFQ/s1600/the-one.gif

ElPigto
11-07-2015, 03:32 AM
Crazy how Steph has haters. Dude is a genuine good guy that is a very fun player to watch. Love his game and he seems to be a cool guy off the court. As far I know, he isn't arrogant and insecure like Lebron, or an asshole like Kobe.

It's great to see players turn into legends.

inclinerator
11-07-2015, 03:34 AM
Crazy how Steph has haters. Dude is a genuine good guy that is a very fun player to watch. Love his game and he seems to be a cool guy off the court. As far I know, he isn't arrogant and insecure like Lebron, or an asshole like Kobe.

he's definitely arrogant

SaltyMeatballs
11-07-2015, 03:39 AM
he's definitely arrogant
His mouth-guard chewing is ****ing annoying as hell

fragokota
11-07-2015, 03:39 AM
The guy is playing out of his mind right now. He's the best player in the league and even his defense is improved. Who would have thought a couple years ago that his peak would be so high? Some players just make it to an extreme level out of nowhere. And the best thing about him is that he produces those numbers in the flow of the game without feeling like he's forcing it really. I know it's too early in the season but GSW can repeat this season (and beyond) if they stay healhty come playoff time. What a fun "run & gun" team to watch. It would be awesome if we could see them against SAS in WCF. SAS playing beautiful controlled, fundamental basketaball with Popovich's "basketball as it should be played" style.

Mike Armstrong
11-07-2015, 04:19 AM

Stfu

You dumb.

WorldWarriors
11-07-2015, 04:34 AM
Steph vs Seth Saturday.

buddha
11-07-2015, 04:43 AM
i've been waiting for a long time for another player to rival Kobe, i'm glad someone has arrived.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-07-2015, 04:52 AM
It would be awesome if we could see them against SAS in WCF. SAS playing beautiful controlled, fundamental basketaball with Popovich's "basketball as it should be played" style.

:cheers:

DavisIsMyUniBro
11-07-2015, 04:55 AM
he's definitely arrogant

He is passionate

Angel Face
11-07-2015, 05:31 AM
He is ridiculous, I think he might be the GOAT shooter. Half of the fga he's taking are 3s and he's making like more than 50% of them. If he continues this kind of pace, he's easily gonna be b2b MVP winner.

Jacks3
11-07-2015, 05:38 AM
curry being the GOAT shooter isn't even arguable at this point.

NZStreetBaller
11-07-2015, 06:16 AM
curry being the GOAT shooter isn't even arguable at this point.

That was settled when he broke ray allens record. It just takes along time for some people to accept it.

Currys amazing success really spawns from his shooting. And because hes in an era where elite level shooting dominates its really playing into his strength

plowking
11-07-2015, 06:19 AM
That was settled when he broke ray allens record. It just takes along time for some people to accept it.

Currys amazing success really spawns from his shooting. And because hes in an era where elite level shooting dominates its really playing into his strength

Him shooting like this in any era would dominate. What has this got to do with the 2010 era? If he shot like this in the 80's or 90's he'd be dominating.

NZStreetBaller
11-07-2015, 06:23 AM
Him shooting like this in any era would dominate. What has this got to do with the 2010 era? If he shot like this in the 80's or 90's he'd be dominating.

I have no idea.... i think i just had a 3ball moment

Dresta
11-07-2015, 06:44 AM
I remember when he was tearing it up at Davidson and guys weren't even considering him a first round pick, crazy.

GIF REACTION
11-07-2015, 06:55 AM
It doesn't matter what era when he's hitting 3's like he is

He legitimately shoots the league average about 5 feet behind the 3 point line

He is literally Steve Nash meets Kobe... About as lethal a combination offensively as you can get

3ball
11-07-2015, 07:01 AM
It doesn't matter what era when he's hitting 3's like he is

except when there is no 3-point line dumbass - then he's just a long-two-point gunner at 44% - he wouldn't be top 10 in any era that didn't have 3-point line

but keep deluding yourself and being surprised by the things that happen on the court

i'm almost never surprised.. you scratch your head i scratch my beard

DavisIsMyUniBro
11-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Dirk (41 minutes), Reggie miller (42 minutes), and korver (44 minutes) have career highs of 8 3 pointers in one game

Curry has hit that twice in 35 and 36 minutes this season

In he top 100 most 3 pointers in a game list,
Curry appears more times than Kobe, Ray Allen, and Reggie Miller combined.

And he isn't 28 until March,

And on average, players experience a boost in their 3 point % from 27-30.

GIF REACTION
11-07-2015, 07:10 AM
except when there is no 3-point line dumbass - then he's just a long-two-point gunner at 44% - he wouldn't be top 10 in any era that didn't have 3-point line

but keep deluding yourself and being surprised by the things that happen on the court

i'm almost never surprised.. you scratch your head i scratch my beard
Jordan never played pre 3 point line

3ball
11-07-2015, 07:10 AM
Dirk (41 minutes), Reggie miller (42 minutes), and korver (44 minutes) have career highs of 8 3 pointers in one game

Curry has hit that twice in 35 and 36 minutes this season

In he top 100 most 3 pointers in a game list,
Curry appears more times than Kobe, Ray Allen, and Reggie Miller combined.

And he isn't 28 until March,

And on average, players experience a boost in their 3 point % from 27-30.
without the 3-point line,

maravich and about 100 other players >>>>>

GIF REACTION
11-07-2015, 07:12 AM
Imagine Curry from 94-98 when the 3pt line was shortened to 22ft

He would legit shoot 50% on 12 attempts

3ball
11-07-2015, 07:14 AM
Jordan never played pre 3 point line
MJ averaged 37 ppg on all two-pointers, with 59% ts.

other than westbrook, there isn't a single player in today's game that could even average 25 ppg on all 2-pointers

could curry get 25 ppg on all two's?... :roll: ... hell no.. that would be his career high

GIF REACTION
11-07-2015, 07:16 AM
Curry currently is averaging 40 points per 36 minutes on 23 shots

GOAT

3ball
11-07-2015, 07:20 AM
Curry currently is averaging 40 points per 36 minutes on 23 shots

GOAT
curry isn't even capable of 25 ppg on all two pointers.. his career high is 24 ppg, and that's WITH 3-pointers.

otoh, mj averaged 37 ppg on all two's, with 59% ts... mj's skill was far superior - you can't even compare - a completely different dimension of playing.. vastly superior on offense and defense

GIF REACTION
11-07-2015, 07:21 AM
MJ COULDN'T hit the 3 at an efficient rate, NOR at a volume rate

Curry is one of only few in NBA history that have the skill to shoot the 3 pointer at an extremely efficient rate and a large volume. Essentially put, he is the Shaq of the 3pt shot.

LoneyROY7
11-07-2015, 09:00 AM
curry isn't even capable of 25 ppg on all two pointers.. his career high is 24 ppg, and that's WITH 3-pointers.

otoh, mj averaged 37 ppg on all two's, with 59% ts... mj's skill was far superior - you can't even compare - a completely different dimension of playing.. vastly superior on offense and defense

MJ isn't even capable of 10 ppg on all three pointers. The most 3 pointers made MJ averaged in a season was 1.4 :roll:

FKAri
11-07-2015, 09:04 AM
MJ isn't even capable of 10 ppg on all three pointers. The most 3 pointers made MJ averaged in a season was 1.4 :roll:

More like Michael Ordan :lol

Why are you stanning for this old relic of a player 3ball?

Dr Hawk
11-07-2015, 09:06 AM
So 3ball officially feels threatened by Curry and LEbron now?

Gileraracer
11-07-2015, 10:09 AM
We, the Lebron fam, are afraid that Curry might surpass our KENG James :(

DavisIsMyUniBro
11-07-2015, 10:52 AM

Well. This is just pathetic.

Next year ur gonna post about Davis.

No one is saying curry is better overall.

In offense?

damn. Your only arguement is that curry won't be successful pre 1979... And who cares?

And besides. Both ways he is basically Kobe on offense without being cancer on defense. Without the 3 point line I mean.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-07-2015, 10:53 AM
You know you on your way to being the GOAT when you got the biggest Jordan stan on the board shook to his very foundation.

:lol

kurple
11-07-2015, 10:59 AM

i LOVE Curry's game, but how is he a genuine good guy?

are you basing this of facial expressions

sd3035
11-07-2015, 11:01 AM
More like Michael Ordan :lol

Why are you stanning for this old relic of a player 3ball?

Ordan :lol

sd3035
11-07-2015, 11:05 AM
Ordan would get killed by today's advanced defensive schemes

WorldWarriors
11-07-2015, 12:29 PM

are you basing this of facial expressions He sings Frozen songs with his wife and records them on Vine, lol.

SpecialQue
11-07-2015, 02:15 PM
You know you on your way to being the GOAT when you got the biggest Jordan stan on the board shook to his very foundation.

:lol

Ah man, that's the last thing we needed, more 3Ball posts, but this time to discredit a different player. :oldlol:

Elosha
11-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Curry is playing incredible ball right now. It should be appreciated, but it's only six games in the season. Curry is the obvious MVP of the first 6 games and GS is clicking. He will likely have the best season in his career thus far, but his overall numbers are almost certain to come down substantially. This is a guy whose previous high season average was "only" around 24 ppg. I could see him hovering around 28-30 ppg by season end and likely with high percentages.

Curry is peaking and right now he is playing at an ATG level. That said, when I watch him I don't feel he is or should be a guaranteed "unstoppable force" at least not with the right defensive personnel. You need an aggressive pitbull type of defensive player who takes pride in his work, will fight through screens, and has excellent lateral footwork and good overall atheticism. Gary Payton would have been the ideal PG to contain Curry, but guys like Bowen or Starks could have also slowed him down quite often.

Curry's no slouch when it comes to athleticism and he gets underrated there -- but his game is definitely based primarily on shooting skill, passing and dribbling instincts, and sheer bravado. You've got to be incredibly quick to have any chance of challenging his step back and lighting fast release, you've got to watch him going backdoor on you, you've got to curtail his passing options by crowding/shading and double teaming when necessary, and you've got to have the instincts, reflexes, and lateral speed not to get broken down off his dribble. Tall order for any defender -- but nothing I've seen from Curry over the course of his entire career makes me believe he is so transcendent that he cannot be limited or even contained by a truly great defender in the playoffs. The question is who can do that in the current NBA?

FKAri
11-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Curry is playing incredible ball right now. It should be appreciated, but it's only six games in the season. Curry is the obvious MVP of the first 6 games and GS is clicking. He will likely have the best season in his career thus far, but his overall numbers are almost certain to come down substantially. This is a guy whose previous high season average was "only" around 24 ppg. I could see him hovering around 28-30 ppg by season end and likely with high percentages.

Curry is peaking and right now he is playing at an ATG level. That said, when I watch him I don't feel he is or should be a guaranteed "unstoppable force" at least not with the right defensive personnel. You need an aggressive pitbull type of defensive player who takes pride in his work, will fight through screens, and has excellent lateral footwork and good overall atheticism. Gary Payton would have been the ideal PG to contain Curry, but guys like Bowen or Starks could have also slowed him down quite often.

Curry's no slouch when it comes to athleticism and he gets underrated there -- but his game is definitely based primarily on shooting skill, passing and dribbling instincts, and sheer bravado. You've got to be incredibly quick to have any chance of challenging his step back and lighting fast release, you've got to watch him going backdoor on you, you've got to curtail his passing options by crowding/shading and double teaming when necessary, and you've got to have the instincts, reflexes, and lateral speed not to get broken down off his dribble. Tall order for any defender -- but nothing I've seen from Curry over the course of his entire career makes me believe he is so transcendent that he cannot be limited or even contained by a truly great defender in the playoffs. The question is who can do that in the current NBA?

I agree. All due respect to Curry, you can't really send guys at him when he himself is also surrounded by shooters.

CJ Mustard
11-07-2015, 03:45 PM
MJ averaged 37 ppg on all two-pointers, with 59% ts.

other than westbrook, there isn't a single player in today's game that could even average 25 ppg on all 2-pointers

could curry get 25 ppg on all two's?... :roll: ... hell no.. that would be his career high
You defend Jordan like he's your daddy or something. Shit is pathetic. You realize Jordan would tell you to **** off and die if you ever tried to approach him, right?

Heavincent
11-07-2015, 03:48 PM

are you basing this of facial expressions

There has been absolutely no indication that he isn't a good guy. Why wouldn't he get the benefit of the doubt? Always seems very kind in interviews and the way he interacts with his teammates.

FKAri
11-07-2015, 03:49 PM
You defend Jordan like he's your daddy or something. Shit is pathetic. You realize Jordan would tell you to **** off and die if you ever tried to approach him, right?

I think this is all a cry for help from 3ball

3ball to ISH:

http://stormunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/tumblr_n52gy4oOaq1rqbv0uo4_400.gif

Eye Test
11-07-2015, 04:03 PM
We, the Lebron fam, are afraid that Curry might surpass our KENG James :(

Sorry bro, it happened a while ago.

sdot_thadon
11-07-2015, 04:23 PM
God disguised as steph curry?

Cleverness
11-07-2015, 04:51 PM
There has been absolutely no indication that he isn't a good guy. Why wouldn't he get the benefit of the doubt? Always seems very kind in interviews and the way he interacts with his teammates.

yeah, I remember his interviews the first couple of years he was drafted... Monta said something like, "I don't know how I'm going to play with this guy" and clearly didn't want him on the same team, but Steph remained 100% classy to his teammates and organization, never hinting that he was leaving or wanted to be traded.

WorldWarriors
11-07-2015, 05:19 PM
yeah, I remember his interviews the first couple of years he was drafted... Monta said something like, "I don't know how I'm going to play with this guy" and clearly didn't want him on the same team, but Steph remained 100% classy to his teammates and organization, never hinting that he was leaving or wanted to be traded. Yes Steph was drafted into a very hostile situation. GS ownership somehow Monta and Biedrins was our future and payed them accordingly. Monta knew with the drafting of Steph that he would be the face of the team. So he was pissed. LOL Jax was in his ear no doubt. Jax referred to Steph as the golden boy. But Monta said publically to local media that they couldn't play together. I think his excuse was that 2 small guards couldn't play together.

WorldWarriors
11-07-2015, 07:54 PM
I was looking for this video. LOL this is how Curry trains. Not a God but a Jedi. https://www.facebook.com/BayAreaSportsReport/videos/vb.669460199754968/1030846866949631/?type=2&theater

RRR3
11-07-2015, 08:08 PM
I agree. All due respect to Curry, you can't really send guys at him when he himself is also surrounded by shooters.
Trap him with DrayFraud's man. :confusedshrug:

If Curry keeps this up he is the GOAT (or at least having the GOAT season). But there's no way he keeps this up. I don't see how he should be substantially better than he was last year. It shouldn't be harder to stop him than it is to stop Durant. Play him close and physical, trap him, and never leave him even the least bit open. He's still gonna do great, because he's a great player, but there are ways to limit him. He might be on the GOAT streak rn though.

LakersForlife
11-07-2015, 08:19 PM
and we are his servants:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LakersForlife
11-07-2015, 08:22 PM
i've been waiting for a long time for another player to rival Kobe, i'm glad someone has arrived.
+1 lebron tried , Kd Tried but they are mere mortal to our all mighty kobe

RRR3
11-07-2015, 08:30 PM
+1 lebron tried , Kd Tried but they are mere mortal to our all mighty kobe
LeBron and KD easily "rival" Kobe.You'd have to be an idiot to think otherwise. LeBron is probably better tbh. Durant we'll see.

LakersForlife
11-07-2015, 08:32 PM
LeBron and KD easily "rival" Kobe.You'd have to be an idiot to think otherwise. LeBron is probably better tbh. Durant we'll see.
wow really lebron that beta stat padding empty stats guy that went 2/6 while playing in the EAST? negro please and durant who went 0/1 in the finals in the shortened season