PDA

View Full Version : I think it's safe to say this is Kobe's last season in the NBA

1987_Lakers
11-07-2015, 02:15 AM
It's so painful to watch him play now, he looks like Jamal Crawford without the handles, with this being his last year in his contract there is no way the lakers will re-sign him and I don't think Kobe wants to play for another team at this point.

RIP to a great career.:cheers:

Smoke117
11-07-2015, 02:19 AM
http://espn.go.com/losangeles/nba/story/_/id/14070785/kobe-bryant-losangeles-lakers-says-not-playing-anywhere-else

Kobe threatening to come back next season...:oldlol:

Gus Hemmingway
11-07-2015, 02:23 AM
The real quest is, What will he do though afterwards?

Broadcaster? - horrible social skills
Coach? - too arrogant (players would hate him)
Sell sneakers? - those moon shoes?

He NEEDS to be in the NBA, Vanessa will walk the instant he can't put a 2m ring on it.

I think this year will make him humble enough to take a backseat on another team.

1987_Lakers
11-07-2015, 02:25 AM
http://espn.go.com/losangeles/nba/story/_/id/14070785/kobe-bryant-losangeles-lakers-says-not-playing-anywhere-else

Kobe threatening to come back next season...:oldlol:

I don't see anywhere in that article where Kobe said he might come back, Phil Jackson made the comment and Kobe shot it down.

If Kobe does come back alot of fans will lose respect for him, he will be only hurting his legacy and the team he will play for, but at this point I doubt he will play next year.

JT123
11-07-2015, 02:28 AM
It's so painful to watch him play now, he looks like Jamal Crawford without the handles, with this being his last year in his contract there is no way the lakers will re-sign him and I don't think Kobe wants to play for another team at this point.

RIP to a great career.:cheers:
Despite how terrible he is, Kobe is still a huge cash cow/sideshow. If he tells Jim Bus he wants to come back next season at a discounted price I don't see his request being denied. I feel so sorry for the real Laker fans in LA who will still have to suffer :(

SouBeachTalents
11-07-2015, 02:31 AM
Despite how terrible he is, Kobe is still a huge cash cow/sideshow. If he tells Jim Bus he wants to come back next season at a discounted price I don't see his request being denied. I feel so sorry for the real Laker fans in LA who will still have to suffer :(

If he does come back at least we'll still get your multiple threads about him daily

TheImmortal
11-07-2015, 02:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Yttm5AZ.jpg

The greatest player to have ever played the game. :bowdown:

1987_Lakers
11-07-2015, 02:35 AM

Ya, that makes alot of sense, but man would that suck if that happens.

Young X
11-07-2015, 02:38 AM
Don't EVER compare Kobe to Jamal Crawford.

1987_Lakers
11-07-2015, 02:39 AM
Don't EVER compare Kobe to Jamal Crawford.

Have you watched Kobe play this year? The guy is flat out the worst player on the court at times.

DavisIsMyUniBro
11-07-2015, 02:40 AM

He NEEDS to be in the NBA, Vanessa will walk the instant he can't put a 2m ring on it.

I think this year will make him humble enough to take a backseat on another team.

Honestly, he would be sick as a broadcaster.

1987_Lakers
11-07-2015, 02:43 AM
Honestly, he would be sick as a broadcaster.

He would be much better than that annoying fool Reggie Miller.

Young X
11-07-2015, 02:44 AM
Have you watched Kobe play this year? The guy is flat out the worst player on the court at times.Can't even argue with you about this. He's been sad to watch at times, he wasn't bad today though. Still not as bad as Crawford though.

Jacks3
11-07-2015, 02:54 AM
I really hope he retires. Watching him is just painful.

Smook A.
11-07-2015, 02:58 AM

Kobe has like $300 million in his bank :lol

SamuraiSWISH
11-08-2015, 12:00 AM
Did OP really just say Kobe doesn't have handle? Or doesn't have Crawford level handle.

Anyway, it's brutal to watch Kobe. Much worse than yoda MJ on the Wiz. It's like Mantle on the Mets. Depressing to watch, by far. That 2013 season with the torn achilles was his body telling him it's time. And for Kobe a fitting end. Balled until his wheels fell off.

2014 the knee. 2015 the shoulder. How bad he is now. It's an alarming lack of self awareness. Hang it up Kobe. Some loved you to creepy extents, and some hated you. We'll all appreciate you more after you're gone though.

SwishSquared
11-08-2015, 12:10 AM
Pretty sure I saw a link on r/nba that quoted Kobe saying this is likely it for him. Maybe was said in jest, as he was icing down.

I honestly think he feels embarrassed though.

ShawkFactory
11-08-2015, 12:24 AM
Plus Dirk, KG, and Pierce.

Four greats that have been around for damn near two decades leaving the league. The youth movement is here.