PDA

View Full Version : No Matter What Curry Does This Season...

Foster5k
11-07-2015, 02:04 PM
The biggest story will still be can LeBron James win a championship for Cleveland.

It's insane. I know. However, if we're being honest, deep down inside we still know what is the bigger narrative.

Even last year, the Warriors were picking teams apart, Curry was shooting like he was playing the game with all the cheats unlocked, Steve Kerr was a rookie head coach about to go to the Finals and possibly win a championship. All of this was happening and yet the main story was still about LeBron James. Hell, LeBron, even after losing the Finals, got more Finals MVP votes than Curry. After the Warriors won, the main story was not the Warriors but how LeBron played and how the Cavs failed to win due to injuries to key players. There were more stories about LeBron and the Cavs than about the NBA champions, the Golden State Warriors.

Curry, right now, is having one of the best seasons of all time. The Warriors are undefeated and look prime to get back to the Finals and prove that they can defeat any team, on the biggest stage, at their best, and at any time and on any day.

And again, as insane as it might sound, the bigger story is LeBron James.

I guess we all most hail the current King of the NBA. He has our main attention love it or hate it.

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2015, 02:06 PM
I guess thats how the way it is when you're a much better player

HenryGarfunkle
11-07-2015, 02:08 PM
this curry hype reminds me of lensanity

relative of course

he's good but he's not lebron good

Funktion
11-07-2015, 02:08 PM
Biggest story to who?

Eye Test
11-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Lol, thats a 10 year-old story...

It's all about Curry right now. I would still prefer Stephen under the radar though, low profile, but it is what it is..

BlakFrankWhite
11-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Nah man, as good as LeGOAT is...this season is about Durant.

His return from 3 surgeries in 12 months...to reclaim his position as the Best in the world and bring a title to OKC.

T_L_P
11-07-2015, 02:25 PM

lol

SpecialQue
11-07-2015, 02:27 PM
I was with you until that asinine "hail the current King of the NBA" remark. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to "hail" Lebron because ESPN and the NBA have decided for everyone that he's the bigger story. I have no interest in watching Cavs games because I find Lebron to be a boring player with an obnoxious attitude. Curry's game is a lot more fun, and unlike Lebron, I feel like I'm witnessing history when I see Curry pick apart opposing teams. It's like "hailing" Big Macs because they sell more than Double-Doubles.

WayOfWade
11-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Is this referring to LeBron or Curry?

SugarHill
11-07-2015, 02:28 PM
warriors might fvck around and 3peat

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2015, 02:33 PM
LeBron, not right now, generally, the big picture...

right now my top 3 is:

1. KD
2. Zero Votes Curry
3. Bron

Lets see how Curry does in the playoffs, though.

KD is gonna establish true all time standing... to me, clearly the best :bowdown:

Vragrant
11-07-2015, 02:40 PM
So happy for the success Curry is having right now. Love to see a new face of the league emerge.

HenryGarfunkle
11-07-2015, 02:42 PM
LeBron, not right now, generally, the big picture...

right now my top 3 is:

1. KD
2. Zero Votes Curry
3. Bron

Lets see how Curry does in the playoffs, though.

KD is gonna establish true all time standing... to me, clearly the best :bowdown:
KDs all around game is too good to be overlooked

he's now blocking shots like a center and his passing is crispier than overcooked bacon

SugarHill
11-07-2015, 02:46 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/v8fwgp.png

20Four
11-07-2015, 02:50 PM
The biggest story will still be can LeBron James win a championship for Cleveland.

It's insane. I know. However, if we're being honest, deep down inside we still know what is the bigger narrative.

Even last year, the Warriors were picking teams apart, Curry was shooting like he was playing the game with all the cheats unlocked, Steve Kerr was a rookie head coach about to go to the Finals and possibly win a championship. All of this was happening and yet the main story was still about LeBron James. Hell, LeBron, even after losing the Finals, got more Finals MVP votes than Curry. After the Warriors won, the main story was not the Warriors but how LeBron played and how the Cavs failed to win due to injuries to key players. There were more stories about LeBron and the Cavs than about the NBA champions, the Golden State Warriors.

Curry, right now, is having one of the best seasons of all time. The Warriors are undefeated and look prime to get back to the Finals and prove that they can defeat any team, on the biggest stage, at their best, and at any time and on any day.

I guess we all most hail the current King of the NBA. He has our main attention love it or hate it.
2/6

HenryGarfunkle
11-07-2015, 02:51 PM
2/6
big mac and a large fry thanks

Foster5k
11-07-2015, 02:54 PM
:oldlol:

DMV2
Based on how much media coverage one can generates must also mean that Kobe is still a Top 10 player in the league then.

I guess that means the 2004 Lakers were better than the 2004 Pistons because they were the talk of the media.

20Four
why you quoting your customers? Is that all you eat everyday?? You gotta think, this is a basketball forum, not a food forum, so stop thinking about fast food for once. No wonder your always home posting, your too fat to get your fat ass outside

imdaman99
11-07-2015, 02:59 PM
It's only big because the city of Cleveland is championship starved. It wouldn't be if he was still on the Heat.

SouBeachTalents
11-07-2015, 03:00 PM
It's only big because the city of Cleveland is championship starved. It wouldn't be if he was still on the Heat.

Agreed. The Cavs came much closer to winning '11-'14 than they did last year

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2015, 03:00 PM

:roll:

DMV2
11-07-2015, 03:04 PM
LeBron will no doubt overshadow Cleveland when they win it all. Some non-NBA media/fans will try to make it about Cleveland but we all know with the NBA junkies, it'll be about Bran.

Cali Syndicate
11-07-2015, 03:24 PM

Well last season it was lebrons coming off a finals loss and 4 straight finals while teaming up with two new all stars and returning back to cleveland. That's a pretty good nba narrative. Not to mention lebron actually made it back while disposing of a 60win hawks squad in the ecf.

Now come around plyoffs, if the cavs are healthy, of course that heavy narrative will still be there. This isn't an aged kobe with a joke of a team... Lebron is still in his prime with a solid cast of support around him. These expectations are there.

Curry is making a strong case for himself and this season will be how his narrative begins. If the warriors repeat,, or better yet they see and beat the cavs again, that primary narrative will shift. But until that happens, it's still lebrons league.

Hopper15
11-07-2015, 03:26 PM
this curry hype reminds me of lensanity

relative of course

he's good but he's not lebron good

He's not some fluke like Jeremy Lin. He's the reigning MVP and he's improved his game.

Foster5k
11-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Well last season it was lebrons coming off a finals loss and 4 straight finals while teaming up with two new all stars and returning back to cleveland. That's a pretty good nba narrative. Not to mention lebron actually made it back while disposing of a 60win hawks squad in the ecf.

Now come around plyoffs, if the cavs are healthy, of course that heavy narrative will still be there. This isn't an aged kobe with a joke of a team... Lebron is still in his prime with a solid cast of support around him. These expectations are there.

Curry is making a strong case for himself and this season will be how his narrative begins. If the warriors repeat,, or better yet they see and beat the cavs again, that primary narrative will shift. But until that happens, it's still lebrons league.
Agreed.

20Four
11-07-2015, 03:32 PM

And no matter what lebronze does this season, your still working at McDonald's flippin burgers

Legends66NBA7
11-07-2015, 03:33 PM
He's not some fluke like Jeremy Lin. He's the reigning MVP and he's improved his game.

And is building his case for another MVP.

Foster5k
11-07-2015, 03:38 PM
why you quoting your customers? Is that all you eat everyday?? You gotta think, this is a basketball forum, not a food forum, so stop thinking about fast food for once. No wonder your always home posting, your too fat to get your fat ass outside

I see you've Photoshoped some more muscles on that avy.

FKAri
11-07-2015, 03:42 PM

Lin wasn't a fluke either. He's still in the league as a solid guy off the bench. Sure he couldn't sustain whatever those insane averages were but neither will Curry.

stalkerforlife
11-07-2015, 03:58 PM

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141003142120/glee/images/4/4e/Mike_tysons_laughing-12385.gif

WorldWarriors
11-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Narratives are media created and is nothing but fodder for the fans. The games in and of themselves are the entertainment. I highly doubt Lebron or Curry gives a crap about it. Kudos to them both for working their asses off to try and make it to the finals again. Curry has come into his own and is rightfully getting the recognition he deserves for leading the Warriors as Lebron does for leading the Cavs. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

20Four
11-07-2015, 07:05 PM

I see you've Photoshoped some more muscles on that avy.
if you think I photoshopped that then your just giving me props on my hard work and dedication to the gym lol thank you

ShawkFactory
11-07-2015, 07:15 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/v8fwgp.png
:roll:

This thread should have ended right here

Hey Yo
11-07-2015, 07:36 PM

Kyrie was the only all-star on Cleveland's roster when James said he was returning.

DaOldLion
11-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Kyrie was the only all-star on Cleveland's roster when James said he was returning.

how does that change what he said? Lebron called Kevin Love as soon as he signed with the Cavs.. his letter just so happened to not mention the guys who eventually got traded for Love.. he orchestrated the entire thing

Hey Yo
11-07-2015, 08:06 PM
how does that change what he said? Lebron called Kevin Love as soon as he signed with the Cavs.. his letter just so happened to not mention the guys who eventually got traded for Love.. he orchestrated the entire thing
Because teaming up with 2 all-stars in Cleveland would mean that there were already 2 all-stars in Cleveland before James agreed to return.

Since when does James get the final say on Minnesota's front office moves?

knicksman
11-07-2015, 08:24 PM

Bro, hey yo is the dumbest person on this board. Youre wasting time on him

DaOldLion
11-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Because teaming up with 2 all-stars in Cleveland would mean that there were already 2 all-stars in Cleveland before James agreed to return.

Since when does James get the final say on Minnesota's front office moves?

uhm no :wtf:

they already had Kyrie and then Lebron called Love and told him to come to the Cavs.. I don't know why you act like this didn't happen :confusedshrug:

Kevin Love says call from LeBron helped make decision

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/cavaliers/2014/08/26/kevin-love-cavliers-news-conference-lebron-james/14626643/

LeBron James' first phone call upon signing in Cleveland was to Kevin Love

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james--first-phone-call-upon-signing-in-cleveland-was-to-kevin-love-195749871.html

James doesn't get the final say in the Timberwolves front office, he just heavily influenced the person who did

"LeBron had signed to come back with the Cleveland Cavaliers, and just a few hours post he called me and I said, 'You know what? I'm in.' That had a lot to do with my decision. I knew they had a lot of young pieces in place, a lot of great talent that has accumulated here as well, and I knew the city relatively well, but that had a lot to do with it."

Lebron clearly wanted to team up with 2 other all stars, in 2014 Love was 3rd in the league in PER, Lebron wanted his all star team and he got it again.. for the 6th year in a row..

BasedTom
11-07-2015, 08:46 PM
The Cavs are boring as **** on every level. How you accomplish that feat with 3 all stars (lebron, love, mo williams) and JR smith on the roster is beyond me. But they're one of the least compelling teams in the league

Even the mediocre and depleted Blazers are more interesting, and have been for years

Hey Yo
11-07-2015, 09:05 PM
uhm no :wtf:

they already had Kyrie and then Lebron called Love and told him to come to the Cavs.. I don't know why you act like this didn't happen :confusedshrug:
I never said that scenario never happened. But FACT is that when James said he was returning, there was 1 all-star on the Cavs roster.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/cavaliers/2014/08/26/kevin-love-cavliers-news-conference-lebron-james/14626643/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james--first-phone-call-upon-signing-in-cleveland-was-to-kevin-love-195749871.html

James doesn't get the final say in the Timberwolves front office, he just heavily influenced the person who did
Exactly!! Neither did Love. Flip Saunders had that final say.

Lebron clearly wanted to team up with 2 other all stars, in 2014 Love was 3rd in the league in PER, Lebron wanted his all star team and he got it again.. for the 6th year in a row..
Yep...for an organization who won the least amount of games in the prior 4yrs combined. It's called recruiting, brah. Staying ahead of the curve

Stay mad, Yo!! :oldlol:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rwro8doozUw/T755eP-AslI/AAAAAAAABPU/nCWLy9hg7Dg/s1600/triple-h-angry.gif