PDA

View Full Version : Nerlens Noel

FKAri
11-07-2015, 08:23 PM
How good can this guy be? What's his ceiling? What kind of player is he likely to be? Sixers fans wanna chime in?

FKAri
11-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Do I have to bring up Baldbe, LeBronze or ZVC to make people give a fucc about this topic?

ScalsFan21
11-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Do I have to bring up Baldbe, LeBronze or ZVC to make people give a fucc about this topic?

Okay I have to know. ZVC, does that mean Zeta Vag Curry? :lol I can't figure out what the V is supposed to be lmao.

Noel has a ridiculous ceiling. Playing like ass tonight. Already an elite defender but could probably stand to add some more bulk. Once he adds consistency to his midrange game, have fun.

outbreak
11-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Okay I have to know. ZVC, does that mean Zeta Vag Curry? :lol I can't figure out what the V is supposed to be lmao.

Noel has a ridiculous ceiling. Playing like ass tonight. Already an elite defender but could probably stand to add some more bulk. Once he adds consistency to his midrange game, have fun.
Ztan Van Cundy obviously

FKAri
11-07-2015, 09:55 PM

zero votes curry

Noel moves really well. I wonder how he compares to guys like WCS and others athletically. His offense seems raw tho.

That ejection was BS btw

ScalsFan21
11-07-2015, 09:59 PM
zero votes curry

Noel moves really well. I wonder how he compares to guys like WCS and others athletically. His offense seems raw tho.

That ejection was BS btw

Didn't see it but as a fantasy owner that's music to my ears since that means he won't be suspended. What'd he even do?

Yeah I think he's maybe a bit above WCS athletically from what I've seen. His moves are all pretty fluid even if he's still kinda raw... I can see him being an absolute stud as it all comes together for him. Philly's future is pretty bright.

FKAri
11-07-2015, 10:00 PM
Didn't see it but as a fantasy owner that's music to my ears since that means he won't be suspended. What'd he even do?

Yeah I think he's maybe a bit above WCS athletically from what I've seen. His moves are all pretty fluid even if he's still kinda raw... I can see him being an absolute stud as it all comes together for him. Philly's future is pretty bright.

He got elbowed in the chest and responded by putting the other guy in a headlock momentarily before flopping himself.

outbreak
11-07-2015, 10:00 PM

was a bullshit ejection. smith elbowed him in the chest and he responded by going for the headlock then pulling back. still made contact with the head and neck which is why I guess they ejected him but should have just been a double technical and move on.

LoneyROY7
11-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Would be a great fit next to Anthony Davis. Nice job, New Orleans. :oldlol:

ScalsFan21
11-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Sheeeeeet... that is bull but I guess he's gotta know better with how that's one of the only things you can't do aside from full on punches.

r0drig0lac
11-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Dpoy

dhsilv
11-07-2015, 10:08 PM
At least comparing them at Kentucky Noel was longer and likely stronger than WCS all be it he doesn't look it (length though).

I'm thinking as a good comp goes, Nene perhaps? Unlike WCS who I don't think played basketball until either high school or perhaps middle school, Noel just doesn't have offensive moves. Hopefully he can get to be good at finishing but I'm just not seeing a Tyson Chandler like offensive game (he's pretty good at finshing if he's setup). However his defensive talent could be chandler like. I mean not likely but he might better someday.

All that said I don't think we've had a guy like him. He moves just too well to be compared to a mark eton but he'll likely block shots by todays standards as well as anyone ever. He's also got good hands on defense.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Would be a great fit next to Anthony Davis. Nice job, New Orleans. :oldlol:
Yeah NOP ****ed up what else is new:lol :lol
New Orleans badly needs a defensive anchor. Noel would be perfect for them

outbreak
11-07-2015, 10:27 PM
wow, philly getting 20 make up calls for that ejection lol even their homer commentators are shocked at some of these calls

SwishSquared
11-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Likely will be a top 5 rim protector at his peak and top 10 defender overall.

His offense is still a work in progress, but he's clearly better than last year. He's shooting too many mid range Js (~30% of his FGAs) but that has more to do with playing so many mins with Okafor. His FT% has gotten progressively better but still could improve (I think he will increase it down the road). His hook shots look super awkward and he lacks a soft touch, but he's a lot more confident. He has a nice dribble-drive game from the elbow when he blows past slower defenders. Drew FTs at a really high rate in PS but that hasn't translated.

That ejection was really, really dumb. I understand a T, but that was excessive.

He has a bigger wingspan and vert than WCS, but he has worse lateral quickness imo. Maybe fluidity is a better description of that, though. Not sure about the difference in standing reach, but I think Noel has him beat by a bit there, too.

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2015, 10:35 PM

:oldlol:

I think that one Sixer fan here (not many, wasn't GOBB), gave a very fair estimation of him.. sure he'll chime in if he sees this.

STATUTORY
11-07-2015, 10:36 PM
nice pairing with Okafor, Noel really compensates and covers up for Lil's complete lack of defensive presence

dubeta
11-07-2015, 10:37 PM
nice pairing with Okafor, Noel really compensates and covers up for Lil's complete lack of defensive presence

kinda like Artest and Kobe

outbreak
11-07-2015, 10:38 PM
okafor put up 3 blocks tonight, played some decent defence at times. didn't have to do any post defence though. some of the moves he was making were just incredible, the kid is already an elite post player on offence.

HighFlyer23
11-07-2015, 11:34 PM
The niiga ain't $h1t