PDA

View Full Version : James Harden consecutive 40 point games

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2015, 12:34 PM
I think for the first time in his career.

What a beast :applause:

All the clowns talking shit after 3 games :facepalm like he wasn't gonna be back, and eventually get better, which is what Superstars in their prime do... hit difficult shots, too.

TrueBlue89
11-08-2015, 12:39 PM
He actually did it last season as well. :applause:

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2015, 12:44 PM
He started off with his terrible 6-21, 4-18, 2-15 first 3 games...

since then (4 game stretch): 39/6/6 on 46% :applause:

TrueBlue89
11-08-2015, 12:54 PM
He started off with his terrible 6-21, 4-18, 2-15 first 3 games...

since then (4 game stretch): 39/6/6 on 46% :applause:
Just did some googling and both MJ and Kobe had a 9 game stretch of 40. Any idea what active player besides Kobe holds the longest streak atm?

catch24
11-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Literal idiots were comparing him to Kobe, remember that shit? HUGE lol @ pretending Harden would suddenly forget how to play basketball. :oldlol:

He'll be in the Top 5-7 range just like he was last season.

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Literal idiots were comparing him to Kobe, remember that shit? HUGE lol @ pretending Harden would suddenly forget how to play basketball. :oldlol:

yup.. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388355 look at this shit for example :oldlol:

Will we see the same comparisons now? :oldlol:

5-7, its just so packed up there... how to decide between Harden/Russ/Davis/Griff/Kawhi.. I mean, if one thinks KD/Bron/Curry form the top 3, anyone next could go 4th.

I personally only have KD as my lock at Number 1. Open field after that.

Fallen Angel
11-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Harden led his team to 50+ without an All-Star teammate or a good coach.

Call me when Westbrook, Griffin, Kawhi, or Davis do the same.

IncarceratedBob
11-08-2015, 01:15 PM
look at who he played... lol not that impressive when you look at the full scope of things

LoneyROY7
11-08-2015, 01:18 PM
look at who he played... lol not that impressive when you look at the full scope of things

Prisons' education systems have really gone down the drain.

DMAVS41
11-08-2015, 01:19 PM

I know...it's amazing how absurd this place has gotten.

This is a player averaging like 26/5/6 61% TS for over 3 years now....and people say he 'sucks"

And I don't even love Harden much...think he has some real issues, but he's a star...

Just hilarious. His production the last 3 years...combined with leading the Rockets to the 2nd best record in the West last year...and people saying the shit they were 3 games into the season...

:facepalm

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2015, 01:22 PM

This is a player averaging like 26/5/6 61% TS for over 3 years now....and people say he 'sucks"

And I don't even love Harden much...think he has some real issues, but he's a star...

Just hilarious. His production the last 3 years...combined with leading the Rockets to the 2nd best record in the West last year...and people saying the shit they were 3 games into the season...

someone here who wasn't really a troll was dead serious saying he sucks.. who was that? SpecialQue?

DMAVS41
11-08-2015, 01:48 PM
someone here who wasn't really a troll was dead serious saying he sucks.. who was that? SpecialQue?

I don't consider Milbuck a troll and he seems to think Harden is just bad unless I'm not understanding his points...

SamuraiSWISH
11-08-2015, 03:43 PM
He's clearly the best SG in the game.

Davis
LeBron
Durant
Harden
Curry

Best five in the game, quite easily ... He'd always get back. Just a rusty start. AD as well. It's only a two week old season. Players and teams usually don't round into form until late December or Early January.

LoneyROY7
11-08-2015, 03:44 PM
He's clearly the best SG in the game.

Davis
LeBron
Durant
Harden
Curry

Best five in the game, quite easily ... He'd always get back. Just a rusty start. AD as well. It's only a two week old season. Players and teams usually don't round into form until late December or Early January.

:roll:

SamuraiSWISH
11-08-2015, 03:45 PM
:roll:
You're using 2 weeks of play as justification? He'll be back. Harden was hot garbage before the last two games as well. Relax. Let the season play out. Cream always rises to the top. A bunch of you would pre your pants with a girl the way you get overzealous.

LoneyROY7
11-08-2015, 03:49 PM
You're using 2 weeks of play as justification? He'll be back. Harden was hot garbage before the last two games as well. Relax. Let the season play out. Cream always rises to the top. A bunch of you would pre your pants with a girl the way you get overzealous.

Blake is clearly a better player right now. It has nothing to do with being overzealous, it's about watching both play and seeing how they can create offense for themselves and their teammates. Blake is superior.

And on defense, AD is obviously the better help defender, but Blake has become a very good 1-on-1 defender.

Fudge
11-08-2015, 03:55 PM
The real 2015 MVP.

Milbuck
11-08-2015, 03:58 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388466

Why the hell would you take the "sucks" stuff literally? Jesus christ. Obviously when people say that stuff, like me, we're talking about it relative to other MVP candidates like Durant, Curry, Lebron, etc. No shit he's a fine player.

TrueBlue89
11-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Why the hell would you take the "sucks" stuff literally? Jesus christ. Obviously when people say that stuff, like me, we're talking about it relative to other MVP candidates like Durant, Curry, Lebron, etc. No shit he's a fine player.
He's an elite player. You're selling him short big time.

Milbuck
11-08-2015, 04:22 PM
He's an elite player. You're selling him short big time.
Sure. But this new uproar over his criticism, as if he's done nothing in his career to warrant hate and criticism is just comical. The guy has done enough to be considered an elite player but has also shat the bed time after time, and any other elite player would be ripped to shreds for it. He's just getting what any player of his supposed standard would.

SamuraiSWISH
11-08-2015, 04:24 PM
Well Millbuck is right. He doesn't have a mid range game, and wets the bed in the playoffs more often than not.

Milbuck
11-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Well Millbuck is right. He doesn't have a mid range game, and wets the bed in the playoffs more often than not.
I just don't understand how people consistently get fooled by this guy. He ALWAYS does this. He sucks balls for a stretch, lights it up and looks like an all-time great, then wets the bed again. It's because his game is so wildly inconsistent and filled with holes. His midrange game sucks, he is ball dominant so he is nowhere near as portable an offensive player as a Curry or a Durant, he is super dependent on drawing contact and getting to the line, his defense is mediocre at his best and all-time terrible at his worst, his leadership is abysmal and he lacks the innate aggressiveness and desire to win that a franchise centerpiece needs to have.

And because of it he is almost always sensational...or awful. Guys like Durant when off their game can take a step back and play off-ball, score lowkey off another player (usually Westbrook)...guys like Lebron can pass, rebound, defend, do everything else to win...Curry can play as well off-ball as he can on-ball...Davis can block shots, rebound, be a finisher in the paint...the list goes on and on. The only player with such a one-dimensional, easily locked down game is Harden. If he's not on his game he's a complete non-factor and so is his team because they're constructed to fit his one-dimensional game.

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Need a "Official: Milbuck was wrong the whole time" thread

Milbuck
11-08-2015, 04:52 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333124

We also need an "ArbitraryWater is a massive hypocrite" thread.

Dude literally makes a thread bitching about people criticizing Harden...when he was one of those people just last week :roll:

Young X
11-08-2015, 04:54 PM
What elite player DOESN'T wet the bed. So much of the criticism directed at Harden can be said about everyone else.

sportjames23
11-08-2015, 04:59 PM
What elite player DOESN'T wet the bed. So much of the criticism directed at Harden can be said about everyone else.

Kob--wait.

Lebro--Ok, got me there.

Dura--aiight.

Curry. Curry, bro. :bowdown:

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2015, 05:07 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333124

We also need an "ArbitraryWater is a massive hypocrite" thread.

Dude literally makes a thread bitching about people criticizing Harden...when he was one of those people just last week :roll:

Thats odd.. you linked a thread 1 and a half years old :oldlol:

I'm not sure what the last one has to do with my assesment of him? If anything, there's obvious anger at him not performing to his capabilities. Milbuck you rusty, get back in the groove, bro.

Look http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381528

wish he continues to do that :applause:

TrueBlue89
11-08-2015, 05:07 PM

You're clearly behind the times. He doesn't take that shot often for obvious reasons but he has a midrange game. He killed the Warriors in Game 1/2 with that shot.

Young X
11-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Kob--wait.

Lebro--Ok, got me there.

Dura--aiight.

Curry. Curry, bro. :bowdown:Curry went 5-23 with 6 turnovers in game 2 against Cleveland. This game is no better than Harden's game 5 against the Warriors.

What about when he went 7-19 right after winning his MVP trophy against Memphis? Then had another below average performance the next game and went down 2-1?

He also had a couple terrible performances against the Clippers in 2014.

I can keep going.

Milbuck
11-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Thats odd.. you linked a thread 1 and a half years old :oldlol:

I'm not sure what the last one has to do with my assesment of him? If anything, there's obvious anger at him not performing to his capabilities. Milbuck you rusty, get back in the groove, bro.

Look http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381528

wish he continues to do that :applause:
Naaaaah bro. Don’t try to talk your way out of this one. You just made a thread bitching about Harden criticisms….a week after you yourself made a thread bitching about his carelessness and lack of effort. This is just another effort by you to look objective when in reality you are just as knee jerk-y and agenda driven as anyone else on here.

And the second link just shows you have trashed him as much as anyone aside from me. You called him a "100% NEGATIVE impact" player, an average player in the playoffs, that he gets exposed in the playoffs. It was just two playoffs ago, you were right there with me on the Harden hate train.

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Naaaaah bro. Don’t try to talk your way out of this one. You just made a thread bitching about Harden criticisms….a week after you yourself made a thread bitching about his carelessness and lack of effort. This is just another effort by you to look objective when in reality you are just as knee jerk-y and agenda driven as anyone else on here.

And the second link just shows you have trashed him as much as anyone aside from me. You called him a "100% NEGATIVE impact" player, an average player in the playoffs, that he gets exposed in the playoffs.

Aw jeez.. want me to draw a picture for you to explain this? Harden last year took the step to Superstar. Players change, naturally, if you're not a blinded hating asshole, your opinion of that player changes, too.... I'm glad he doesn't look careless like he did in the Heat game. Whats the issue here? :oldlol: You're trying one of these "exposed!" and its not working.

Milbuck
11-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Aw jeez.. want me to draw a picture for you to explain this? Harden last year took the step to Superstar. Players change, naturally, if you're not a blinded hating asshole, your opinion of that player changes, too.... I'm glad he doesn't look careless like he did in the Heat game. Whats the issue here? :oldlol: You're trying one of these "exposed!" and its not working.
The issue here is that you made a thread knocking people criticizing him when you were one of those people literally just last week. Good lord are you thick :oldlol: :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2015, 05:26 PM
The issue here is that you made a thread knocking people criticizing him when you were one of those people literally just last week. Good lord are you thick :oldlol: :oldlol:

I criticised him for his passiveness and lack of interest... seems a bit different than saying he's a bad player.. look closer, maybe you'll see who's the 'thick' one here.

Fudge
11-08-2015, 07:07 PM
The 2015 MVP should have been his.

Dude got robbed.

DMAVS41
11-08-2015, 07:39 PM

Well, he doesn't "suck" in relation to those guys either.

And you know I don't even like Harden a ton.

You have an almost impossible standard for a player that has been routinely elite in the league for more than 3 years now.

So your whole point is that he isn't Lebron or Durant? Great...who says he's better than those guys?

ArbitraryWater
11-08-2015, 08:00 PM
The 2015 MVP should have been his.

Dude got robbed.

Yeah, well, he was the Players MVP.. good enough for me.

I fact, you might just give that voting time to establish, and one day it'll hold more prestige than the Pundits MVP.