PDA

View Full Version : Klay Thompson is a 3&D Role Player

warriorfan
11-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Klay Thompson is nothing more than a 3&D role player. he is not a good ball handler and cannot create offense due to his terrible BBIQ. He plays good defense and is spot up 3 point shooter.

TrueBlue89
11-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Claims he's a Warrior fan yet downplays every single one of Curry's teammates. :lol

SouBeachTalents
11-08-2015, 05:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nyBpt9tRsg

Don't know many "role players" capable of doing that

dubeta
11-08-2015, 05:28 PM
He's more important to the Warriors success than Steph.

warriorfan
11-08-2015, 05:41 PM

A full NBA season is just under 4,000 minutes

that clip is 15 minutes vs the worst team in the league

keep not knowing shit about basketball, let me know how that works out for you

stalkerforlife
11-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Love you, OP...but no shit.

Klay, if relied upon to create his own shot frequently, would look a lot more pedestrian.

Uncle Drew
11-08-2015, 05:45 PM
He has the same amount of FMVP votes as Curry.

SouBeachTalents
11-08-2015, 05:45 PM

:lol

warriorfan
11-08-2015, 05:47 PM

Klay, if relied upon to create his own shot frequently, would look a lot more pedestrian.

you know how it is my man. you gotta spell it out for these LeBron kids sometimes

VengefulAngel
11-08-2015, 05:48 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

stalkerforlife
11-08-2015, 05:48 PM

you know how it is my man. you gotta spell it out for these LeBron kids sometimes

For sure. Kids these days...:facepalm

Cali Syndicate
11-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Except he's not.

DMAVS41
11-08-2015, 06:01 PM
A full NBA season is just under 4,000 minutes

that clip is 15 minutes vs the worst team in the league

keep not knowing shit about basketball, let me know how that works out for you

Klay is probably a top 20 NBA player and an all nba type player.

How you define if he's a role player or all star caliber player or all nba caliber player means nothing.

He's one of the 20 or so best players in the league and happens to be the perfect sg to play next to Curry.

What more do you want out of Curry's sg? You want him to shoot better or defend better than Klay? While also not being an ego maniac that wants praise or the ball in his hands all the time?

Which sg in the league would you rather have than Klay on the Warriors?

HenryGarfunkle
11-08-2015, 06:05 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
11-08-2015, 06:07 PM

You really are mentally challenged. All that needs to be said.

Lebron23
11-08-2015, 06:09 PM

warrior fan got wrecked.

WorldWarriors
11-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Klay Thompson is nothing more than a 3&D role player. he is not a good ball handler and cannot create offense due to his terrible BBIQ. He plays good defense and is spot up 3 point shooter.

Klay is not a role player. He is a decent ball handler. His problem is between the ears. I think he just smokes too much weed. I got faith he'll find his game. We will need him. It's a long season. If we are to make it back to the finals he is gonna have to take some of that pressure off Steph.

PistonsFan#21
11-09-2015, 02:46 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

GoatBoy
11-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Damn, Curry stans this delusional?

FKAri
11-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Damn, Curry stans this delusional?

Warriorfan isn't a Warriors fan. He a dubeta analog for Curry stans.

dunksby
11-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Didn't he have multiple 50+ point games last season?

RidonKs
11-09-2015, 03:42 PM
he is better than john starks and derrick harper and byron russell and a bunch of other typical 3&d role players today... danny green, ariza. he's already better than probably middleton or tobias harris or even gordon hayward will ever be

he will be remembered in the same vein as michael cooper and joe dumars and sydney moncrief... he's not the defender those guys were but nor could they find and make shots like klay can. if they win another championship let alone two, he'll wind up in the hall of fame.

3ball
11-09-2015, 03:44 PM
warriorfan is one of the best and most knowledgeable posters out there, and he's just speaking the cold, hard truth here.

RidonKs
11-09-2015, 03:47 PM
warriorfan is one of the best and most knowledgeable posters out there, and he's just speaking the cold, hard truth here.
its not bball iq hes noticing

its instinct

klay is a methodical player who will produce when given occasion

he does not take the ball and isolate

he is a good smart basketball player who finds space and drills jumpers and drives for easy layups and plays hard defense

yall are retarded

Sarcastic
11-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Role players don't set the record for points in a quarter.

dunksby
11-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Spoken like an asshole who never played competitive basketball or could defend well. Being a good defender requires great basketball smarts and understanding of the game, you cannot be a 3&D guy in the NBA without being able to read the game at an elite level. It's good that retards like you expose themselves like this, the only thing you know well is to check stats misinterpret them and google MJ gifs.

Ai2death
11-09-2015, 04:22 PM
His D isn't even that good to be a 3&D guy,

When you think 3&D you get Bruce Bowen or James Posey, Klay has better skills overall though, Curry stans got that Lebron juice going to make their teammates look garbage.

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 04:25 PM
Spoken like an asshole who never played competitive basketball or could defend well. Being a good defender requires great basketball smarts and understanding of the game, you cannot be a 3&D guy in the NBA without being able to read the game at an elite level. It's good that retards like you expose themselves like this, the only thing you know well is to check stats misinterpret them and google MJ gifs.

3&D players are 3&D players because they don't have the skills to handle the ball and create plays. So they play tough man defense and spot up for catch and shoot 3 point shots. This doesn't require high BBIQ.

This description fits Klay Thompson perfectly.

WorldWarriors
11-09-2015, 04:25 PM
His D isn't even that good to be a 3&D guy,

When you think 3&D you get Bruce Bowen or James Posey, Klay has better skills overall though, Curry stans got that Lebron juice going to make their teammates look garbage.

I really hate that though. Not a good look.

Curry is the star but its not like everybody else is garbage. :confusedshrug:

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 04:27 PM

Thank you.

Many here are being insecure and accusing me of trolling. People are citing a sample size of 15 minutes vs The Kings to try to convince otherwise. This is just absurd.

Klay Thompson does not have the ball handling nor BBIQ to be a secondary ball handler or playmaker. He plays quality defense and specializes in open 3 point shots. This is the very definition of a 3&D role player.

WorldWarriors
11-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Thank you.

Many here are being insecure and accusing me of trolling. People are citing a sample size of 15 minutes vs The Kings to try to convince otherwise. This is just absurd.

Klay Thompson does not have the ball handling nor BBIQ to be a secondary ball handler or playmaker. He plays quality defense and specializes in open 3 point shots. This is the very definition of a 3&D role player.

:(
I still think its the weed.

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 04:43 PM
:(
I still think its the weed.

:oldlol:

I like Klay don't get me wrong, but he seems borderline autistic sometimes. Some of the guys on the team said that during Klay Thompson's first year on the team they didn't hear his voice one time. Didn't say a word the entire year. He is a solid player when put in the right role but I just think his level of play has been overstated from playing next to Curry and in the GSW offense.

I stand by my statement that Klay Thompson does not make the All-Star team on any other team in the league than the Warriors.

Don't let the LeBron stans get it twisted. This is not Warrior bashing. It's just taking a fair look at a players true skill level.

Go Dubs :cheers:

Ai2death
11-09-2015, 04:50 PM
:oldlol:

I like Klay don't get me wrong, but he seems borderline autistic sometimes. Some of the guys on the team said that during Klay Thompson's first year on the team they didn't hear his voice one time. Didn't say a word the entire year. He is a solid player when put in the right role but I just think his level of play has been overstated from playing next to Curry and in the GSW offense.

I stand by my statement that Klay Thompson does not make the All-Star team on any other team in the league than the Warriors.

Don't let the LeBron stans get it twisted. This is not Warrior bashing. It's just taking a fair look at a players true skill level.

Go Dubs :cheers:

No one believes you, you lying sack of shit.

Next you'll tell us how Iggy is the worst defender comparable to Prignoni, or how Draymond Green is a cancer in the locker room.

Gus Hemmingway
11-09-2015, 05:05 PM
:lol :lol :lol OP trashing his own Warriors teammates to prop up Curry

Draymond Green and Klay Thompson were BOTH invited to play on the 2016 Olympic team in Rio

"Not all-stars doe"

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 05:09 PM
No one believes you, you lying sack of shit.

Next you'll tell us how Iggy is the worst defender comparable to Prignoni, or how Draymond Green is a cancer in the locker room.

what is your problem? what a meltdown...

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 05:10 PM
:lol :lol :lol OP trashing his own Warriors teammates to prop up Curry

Draymond Green and Klay Thompson were BOTH invited to play on the 2016 Olympic team in Rio

"Not all-stars doe"

You are stating things that are already known. Borderline Star players get increased recognition from playing next to Curry. If Draymond Green was playing for the 76ers, you think he would of been invited to Rio? :wtf:

TemporaMutantur
11-09-2015, 05:16 PM
A tad of an understatement my dude. And don't think that a bunch of stans that have shrines of Lebron/MJ supporting your argument makes it any stronger.

He was one of the, if not the best player for USA Basketball in 2014, which was a huge contributing factor to him getting a decent contract last year.

Granted, he is having a shitty start to the year, and everyone blessed with Curry's aura will become undoubtedly better.

He's definitely overrated by some, but he isn't just a role player, he is an integral part of a championship team.

I do however see that twinkle of "autism" you mentioned.

Ai2death
11-09-2015, 05:18 PM
what is your problem? what a meltdown...

:facepalm you've reached a new low dude, get back in your cage with Jameer and Lebron23.

outbreak
11-09-2015, 05:27 PM
:facepalm you've reached a new low dude, get back in your cage with Jameer and Lebron23.
Don't insult Jameer and Lebron23 like that, warriorfan is hitting euroleague levels of stupidity and repetitiveness.

Ai2death
11-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Don't insult Jameer and Lebron23 like that, warriorfan is hitting euroleague levels of stupidity and repetitiveness.

True, was a bit harsh.

WorldWarriors
11-09-2015, 05:30 PM
A tad of an understatement my dude. And don't think that a bunch of stans that have shrines of Lebron/MJ supporting your argument makes it any stronger.

He was one of the, if not the best player for USA Basketball in 2014, which was a huge contributing factor to him getting a decent contract last year.

Granted, he is having a shitty start to the year, and everyone blessed with Curry's aura will become undoubtedly better.

He's definitely overrated by some, but he isn't just a role player, he is an integral part of a championship team.

I do however see that twinkle of "autism" you mentioned.

Now I can agree with most of this. He isn't just a role player.

1manfastbreak
11-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Lets keep in mind that Klay Thompson is only 25 years old. I can buy the label of "3&D" but it is in my own biased opinion that he is the best 3&D player in the league today.

I think you are selling Klay short though. He has dramatically improved his overall game since his rookie year. Last season he made a huge leap in his ability to attack the basket. He has also sharpened his back to the basket game, with his height he is pretty effective against shorter players in the post. Plus he is usually guarding the opposing team's best wing player, (not always, but often) which is not always positively reflected through statistics.

Regardless, I do think Klay relies on his jumper too often and should get to the free throw line more. Plus with his size he should be a better rebounder at the shooting guard position. I think he just lacks the pitbull personality trait that makes players unique, like Draymond Green.

With that being said, he is the second best three-pointer shooter in the league, and not every player on the team can be a star. People now a days think being a role player is bad. Role players are essential to teams winning championships. Every player on the Warriors has a role and plays with in their role, that is what makes them the best team in the NBA.

WorldWarriors
11-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Lets keep in mind that Klay Thompson is only 25 years old. I can buy the label of "3&D" but it is in my own biased opinion that he is the best 3&D player in the league today.

I think you are selling Klay short though. He has dramatically improved his overall game since his rookie year. Last season he made a huge leap in his ability to attack the basket. He has also sharpened his back to the basket game, with his height he is pretty effective against shorter players in the post. Plus he is usually guarding the opposing team's best wing player, (not always, but often) which is not always positively reflected through statistics.

Regardless, I do think Klay relies on his jumper too often and should get to the free throw line more. Plus with his size he should be a better rebounder at the shooting guard position. I think he just lacks the pitbull personality trait that makes players unique, like Draymond Green.

With that being said, he is the second best three-pointer shooter in the league, and not every player on the team can be a star. People now a days think being a role player is bad. Role players are essential to teams winning championships. Every player on the Warriors has a role and plays with in their role, that is what makes them the best team in the NBA.

Being a role player is not bad in and of itself. I just don't think Klay is just a role player.

SexSymbol
11-09-2015, 05:39 PM
He does suck this season and his skills are limited. But those skills that he has make him a greater player than you make him out to be.

outbreak
11-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Being a role player is not bad in and of itself. I just don't think Klay is just a role player.
There's being a role player who can only play one role and then there's being a good playing playing a role for their team. Klay is the latter. If needed and Curry is struggling he is talented enough to step up.

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 05:47 PM
There's being a role player who can only play one role and then there's being a good playing playing a role for their team. Klay is the latter. If needed and Curry is struggling he is talented enough to step up.

Golden State needed Klay to step up in the finals when Curry was getting swarmed with double teams from Half Court.

He gave us 15 ppg / 4 reb / 1 ast on .509 TS...

bdreason
11-09-2015, 05:47 PM
2nd best SG in the league. His handles and playmaking abilities are limited, but he's a great defender and an amazing shooter.

SexSymbol
11-09-2015, 05:48 PM
2nd best SG in the league. His handles and playmaking abilities are limited, but he's a great defender and an amazing shooter.
Let's not forget he's a great post-up player, and actually has a very rare skill amongst pgs sgs sfs, he's a very good post defender.

outbreak
11-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Golden State needed Klay to step up in the finals when Curry was getting swarmed with double teams from Half Court.

He gave us 15 ppg / 4 reb / 1 ast on .509 TS...

I seem to remember him putting up a 30+ game in one of the losses when no one else could score for the warriors....

Klay is one of the best second options in the league. He could perhaps be the best second option scorer. 22ppg on 40+ % from three is pretty great in a second option over the full season.

1manfastbreak
11-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Let's also not forget how he can black out from time to time and literally not miss a shot no matter who or what is trying to guard him.

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Let's also not forget how he can black out from time to time and literally not miss a shot no matter who or what is trying to guard him.

In the regular season vs the Kings maybe...

Where was that in the Finals when we really needed it?

outbreak
11-09-2015, 06:13 PM

he did ok in their losses. stepped up when needed. not his fault his teams franchise player shit the bed and couldn't get them over the line in those games.

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 06:17 PM
he did ok in their losses. stepped up when needed. not his fault his teams franchise player shit the bed and couldn't get them over the line in those games.

meltdown

Ai2death
11-09-2015, 06:17 PM

Curry & Klay both shat the bed hard that series, should of been a sweep. Luckily GSW is so stacked that the "Role Players" came through big time.

outbreak
11-09-2015, 06:21 PM
meltdown

says the kid who's now made 4 threads in 2 days about how bad of a player Klay is and is supposedly a warriors fan :roll:

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Curry & Klay both shat the bed hard that series, should of been a sweep. Luckily GSW is so stacked that the "Role Players" came through big time.

Steph Curry Finals Game 5 Highlights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si5phRZBlD4)

The only bed Curry shit in was LeBron's. I don't know if you don't know about basketball or are having a meltdown or both but Curry was the one who came through in the Finals, not the role players.

Ai2death
11-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Klay arguable outperformed Curry in Game 1, and completely outshone Curry in game 2 vs Cleveland

Game 1 -
Curry:
43 Mins
10-20 FGM/FGA (.500%)
2-6 3PM/3PA (.333%)
4-4 FTM/FTA (1.000%)
4 Reb
8 Ast
0 Blk
2 Stl
1 Pf
4 To
26 Pts

Klay:
39 Mins
5-14 FGM/FGA (.357%)
3-9 3PM/3PA (.333%)
8-8 FTM/FTA (1.000%)
6 Reb
1 Ast
2 Blk
1 Stl
1 Pf
1 To
21 Pts

Game 2-
Curry:
42 Mins
5-23 FGM/FGA (.217%)
2-15 3PM/3PA (.217%)
7-8 FTM/FTA (.875%)
6 Reb
5 Ast
0 Blk
0 Stl
4 Pf
6 To
19 Pts

Klay:
46 Mins
14-28 FGM/FGA (.500%)
4-12 3PM/3PA (.333%)
2-3 FTM/FTA (.667%)
5 Reb
2 Ast
1 Blk
2 Stl
4 Pf
0 To
34 Pts

Ai2death
11-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Steph Curry Finals Game 5 Highlights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si5phRZBlD4)

The only bed Curry shit in was LeBron's. I don't know if you don't know about basketball or are having a meltdown or both but Curry was the one who came through in the Finals, not the role players.

:facepalm

Now i will use your own argument against you... 1 game in a what could be a 7 game series... c'mon man, at least make an intelligent debate. Troll harder douche

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Klay arguable outperformed Curry in Game 1, and completely outshone Curry in game 2 vs Cleveland

Game 1 -
Curry:
43 Mins
10-20 FGM/FGA (.500%)
2-6 3PM/3PA (.333%)
4-4 FTM/FTA (1.000%)
4 Reb
8 Ast
0 Blk
2 Stl
1 Pf
4 To
26 Pts

Klay:
39 Mins
5-14 FGM/FGA (.357%)
3-9 3PM/3PA (.333%)
8-8 FTM/FTA (1.000%)
6 Reb
1 Ast
2 Blk
1 Stl
1 Pf
1 To
21 Pts

Game 2-
Curry:
42 Mins
5-23 FGM/FGA (.217%)
2-15 3PM/3PA (.217%)
7-8 FTM/FTA (.875%)
6 Reb
5 Ast
0 Blk
0 Stl
4 Pf
6 To
19 Pts

Klay:
46 Mins
14-28 FGM/FGA (.500%)
4-12 3PM/3PA (.333%)
2-3 FTM/FTA (.667%)
5 Reb
2 Ast
1 Blk
2 Stl
4 Pf
0 To
34 Pts

You post only 1/4th of the stats from the Finals while Cherry Picking Klay's best games and Curry's worst?

You are being intellectually dishonest right now.

And you are also having a meltdown.

riseagainst
11-09-2015, 06:32 PM

:roll:

Ai2death
11-09-2015, 06:33 PM
You post only 1/4th of the stats from the Finals while Cherry Picking Klay's best games and Curry's worst?

Post the rest then? Meltdown? Is that the only word you know?

You are just showing you are a dumbass. Plain & simple.
I've made my point to which you are to stupid to see, you're probably not even from the bay area. Probably just some dumb redneck hillbilly who just f'd your own sister.

Have a nice day

outbreak
11-09-2015, 06:34 PM

You discount klays best games and say he played badly. Just the same thing as you are doing.

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 06:42 PM
You discount klays best games and say he played badly. Just the same thing as you are doing.

No I was accounting for the entire series.

Final's Stats (For the entire Finals, Not discounting ANY games.)
K.Thompson: 15 ppg / 4 reb / 1 ast / .509 TS
Steph Curry: 26 ppg / 5 reb / 6 ast / .585 TS

At a first glance of these stats you would assume that Klay Thompson was the one receiving constant double teams from Half Court. However we all know that it was Curry whom was receiving some of the most defensive attention we have seen in NBA Finals history. Klay Thompson's scoring and efficiency should of increased. This is not the case however, we see a major decline in scoring and efficiency and playmaking from Thompson. He ended up under-performing while seeing way less defensive attention than he did during the regular season.

Ai2death
11-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Complete finals stat averages:

Curry
42.5 Mins
5.2 Reb
6.3 Ast
0.2 Blk
1.8 Stl
2.2 Pf
4.7 To
26 Pts

Klay
38 Mins
4.3 Reb
1.7 Ast
1 Blk
0.5 Stl
3.3 Pf
0.8 To
15.8 Pts

Curry should be better, he is the star player, Klay however is more then a 3&D guy Thats the argument here, not that he is better than Curry.

Also, who did Curry have to guard on D... a 3rd string guard in Delly?
Klay had a few stretches on Bron and also had op guard a streaky JR Smith who can get hot instantly

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Complete finals stat averages:

Curry
42.5 Mins
5.2 Reb
6.3 Ast
0.2 Blk
1.8 Stl
2.2 Pf
4.7 To
26 Pts

Klay
38 Mins
4.3 Reb
1.7 Ast
1 Blk
0.5 Stl
3.3 Pf
0.8 To
15.8 Pts

Curry should be better, he is the star player, Klay however is more then a 3&D guy Thats the argument here, not that he is better than Curry.

15 points per game, 1 assist per game, these are numbers that are consistent with a 3&D role player level player.

Uncle Drew
11-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Meltdown.

outbreak
11-09-2015, 07:10 PM
http://i.imgsafe.org/57a0fe3.png

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 07:15 PM

Some posters are just having a tough time coming to grip with reality. Klay Thompson is a spot up 3 point shooter with good defense and poor ball handling and playmaking. This is the definition of a 3&D role player.

Gus Hemmingway
11-09-2015, 07:17 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

houston
11-09-2015, 07:22 PM
he more than that. He basically lightskin Ray Allen

Monta Ellis MVP
11-09-2015, 07:31 PM
he more than that. He basically lightskin Ray Allen

I'm a lifelong Pacers fan but I also used to follow the Sonics back in the day as well. I have to say this is a huge insult to Ray Allen. Klay Thompson does not have the all around skill set that Ray Allen possesses. Ray Allen was much better at creating his own offense and creating for others as well. Klay Thompson wasn't even as good as old Ray Allen who was on another level of clutch factor when compared to Klay Thompson. Old Man Ray Allen was banging 3 pointers to save the entire Finals for LeBron while Klay Thompson was fouling out of games with 5 points.

WorldWarriors
11-09-2015, 07:32 PM
I'm a lifelong Pacers fan but I also used to follow the Sonics back in the day as well. I have to say this is a huge insult to Ray Allen. Klay Thompson does not have the all around skill set that Ray Allen possesses. Ray Allen was much better at creating his own offense and creating for others as well. Klay Thompson wasn't even as good as old Ray Allen who was on another level of clutch factor when compared to Klay Thompson. Old Man Ray Allen was banging 3 pointers to save the entire Finals for LeBron while Klay Thompson was fouling out of games with 5 points.

Not an insult but definitely selling Ray Allen short.

Ray Allen before that knee injury was ridiculous.

Crimsonrain777
11-09-2015, 08:06 PM

Klay Thompson is a 3 and D player. that i agree with

warriorfan
11-09-2015, 09:09 PM
You heard it. Klay Thompson is the light skinned Ray Allen.

Only on ISH.

outbreak
12-08-2015, 09:50 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mssd.gif

warriorfan
12-08-2015, 09:51 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mssd.gif

http://www.propertymanagementinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/free-rent21.jpg

Nick Young
12-08-2015, 09:52 PM

Gerald Green, Nick Young and JR Smith are a few examples that come to mind.

warriorfan
12-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Gerald Green, Nick Young and JR Smith are a few examples that come to mind.

I actually like this comparison.

WayOfWade
12-08-2015, 10:18 PM
If anything, today has just proven OP's point, Klay relied almost exclusively on 3's today

FireDavidKahn
12-08-2015, 10:21 PM
:confusedshrug: The best 3&D player ever.

dubeta
12-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Slightly ahead of Draymond as the best player on the Warriors

TommyGriffin
12-08-2015, 10:23 PM

TrueBlue89
12-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Warriors are loaded. You have Draymond Green ****ing around and getting a triple double every other night, Klay who's one of the most explosive scorers in the League & a mini LeBron in Iguodala. Not to mention athletic freaks like Ezeli & Barnes and one of the best defensive centers in Bogut.

Stacked AF. Best team in NBA history. About 4/5 surefire hall of famers on that team.

CarlosBoozer
12-09-2015, 12:10 AM
If anything, today has just proven OP's point, Klay relied almost exclusively on 3's today
So what? 39 points 7 rebounds is still impressive, no role player can do that :facepalm

dunksby
02-01-2016, 05:13 AM
He is revolutionizing the 3 and D role by taking over the team :lol

Mike Armstrong
02-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Just because 3 & D are his specialties, doesn't mean he is a role player. He is a 3 & D star.

You Cant Ban Me
02-01-2016, 11:23 AM
remember when you use to criticize me op for calling him the king of bird seeds

Chadwin
02-01-2016, 11:36 AM
assisted on 93% of his threes and 73% of his twos

bird fed

basically prime Danny Green with more shot attempts

Wally450
02-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Only time a actually agree with OP.

Mike Armstrong
02-01-2016, 11:42 AM
assisted on 93% of his threes and 78% of his twos

bird fed

That sounds insane, but I don't know what to compare it to. What are the percentages for assisted on 3s and 2s for star shooters and role player shooters?

You Cant Ban Me
02-01-2016, 11:55 AM
assisted on 93% of his threes and 78% of his twos

bird fed

http://i60.tinypic.com/33crseq.jpg

Steph Can only shove so many points down his throat til we have to take a stand and say hey bro...create your own shot

Chadwin
02-01-2016, 11:58 AM
That sounds insane, but I don't know what to compare it to. What are the percentages for assisted on 3s and 2s for star shooters and role player shooters?

look at Curry

assisted

twos: .366
threes: .575

Chadwin
02-01-2016, 11:59 AM

I edited...mobile typo...it's 73% on twos..still insane

Mike Armstrong
02-01-2016, 12:04 PM
look at Curry

assisted

twos: .366
threes: .575
Of course they will be worse than Curry's. Curry is insanely good, and also the point guard. What about star SGs (Ray Allen/James Harden/etc) vs role player SGs (Danny Green/Wesley Matthews/JR Smith/etc)?

WorldWarriors
02-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Of course they will be worse than Curry's. Curry is insanely good, and also the point guard. What about star SGs (Ray Allen/James Harden/etc) vs role player SGs (Danny Green/Wesley Matthews/JR Smith/etc)?
Ray Allen would be a good comparison. Harden always has the ball in his hands so it will be interesting to see the percentage on his shots.

Mike Armstrong
02-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Ray Allen would be a good comparison. Harden always has the ball in his hands so it will be interesting to see the percentage on his shots.
Good point, I over simplified "Shooting guard" with that comparison. Maybe Reggie Miller would be a good replacement comparison. Trying to think if there are good current star shooting SGs in the league.

Chadwin
02-01-2016, 01:25 PM
What are Klay's numbers like with Steph out of the game?

Mike Armstrong
02-01-2016, 03:13 PM
What are Klay's numbers like with Steph out of the game?
Probably a higher usage rate.

WorldWarriors
02-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Good point, I over simplified "Shooting guard" with that comparison. Maybe Reggie Miller would be a good replacement comparison. Trying to think if there are good current star shooting SGs in the league. JJ Redick would be good. He's been surging recently.

WorldWarriors
02-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Probably a higher usage rate. I don't think it goes up a lot. If Steph and Draymond are out of the game then it's usually Livingston or Iguodala setting him up. He can create on occasion but his money is back cuts and 3s. He'll hit the mid range when he's hot.

dubeta
02-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Think about this..

If you replaced Klay for Harden, the Warriors would be much worse

That alone tells you how good Klay is, he's a top 10 player in the league (Draymond is top 5 btw)

AirBonner
02-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Think about this..

That alone tells you how good Klay is, he's a top 10 player in the league (Draymond is top 5 btw)
This. They make the game so much easier for Curry

WorldWarriors
02-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Think about this..

That alone tells you how good Klay is, he's a top 10 player in the league (Draymond is top 5 btw) Where would Houston be with Klay? Would they be better? I doubt it.

dubeta
02-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Where would Houston be with Klay? Would they be better? I doubt it.

They'd probably be fighting GSW for #1 in the West

Imagine the entire lane freed for Dwight, with Klay providing spacing??

Smoke117
02-01-2016, 04:15 PM
Think about this..

Dubeta being an idiot as usual...

DMAVS41
02-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Dubeta being an idiot as usual...

He's right about the Warriors being way worse with Harden though...they would be far inferior with Harden instead of Klay.

pauk
02-01-2016, 07:54 PM
If he is a spotup shooter / 3pt role player, so was ~2006 Ray Allen....

Rocketswin2013
02-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Curry and Thompson almost never play at their best together. When Thompson gets hot, Curry falls off and vice-versa.

WorldWarriors
02-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Curry and Thompson almost never play at their best together. When Thompson gets hot, Curry falls off and vice-versa.

It's weird how that happens. I think there was 1 game where they both scored 30 points exactly. But Klay is more off than on so far.

I don't care who scores as long as we win. Ian Clarke can go off and I'll be happy

Nash
02-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Kobe was Shaq's role player

Inferno
02-01-2016, 08:08 PM
It's weird how that happens. I think there was 1 game where they both scored 30 points exactly. But Klay is more off than on so far.

I don't care who scores as long as we win. Ian Clarke can go off and I'll be happy

:applause:

Andrei89
02-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Claims he's a Warrior fan yet downplays every single one of Curry's teammates. :lol

Warriorfan is Mr. Jabbar

WorldWarriors
02-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Warriorfan is Mr. Jabbar

That would explain a lot if true.

WorldWarriors
02-01-2016, 08:23 PM
:applause: I don't know how I wound up in this thread. But whatever, lol. Klay, Dray, Slo-Mo IDAF. Get them buckets.:oldlol:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-01-2016, 08:37 PM

:applause: pretty much this.

AintNoSunshine
02-01-2016, 11:30 PM

Curry isn't even a 3&D guy because he can't play a lick of defense. He could be a good complementary spot up shooter for the KING tho.

CarlosBoozer
02-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Klay's consistency this season has been confusing lol, so many random bursts and off nights.

Wiltside
02-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Warriorfan is Mr. Jabbar
No I'm not.

AirBonner
02-02-2016, 03:56 PM
No I'm not.
logged in the wrong alt brotha :lol

bizil
02-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Thompson is LEGIT one of the top three two way SG's in the world. And in general a top 3 SG in the world. THAT MEANS he's MORE than a 3&D role player. He averages 21-22 points a night AND provides great defense. He's not a great passer or rebounder for his position though.

So he's not like an MJ, Kobe, or Wade type who dominates all the facets (scoring, passing, rebounding their position, defense). But he's still MORE than a 3 and D role player. 3&D role players are guys like Posey, Battier, Bowen, Ariza, etc. Klay can be a great shooter-scorer type like Reggie, Dale Ellis, Glen Rice, Ray Ray, etc. He's just on a team with a guy who can score BETTER THAN HIM!! And the ULTIMATE shooter-scorer type! So instead of being the #1 scoring option, Klay is a very good to great #2 scoring option.

scm5
02-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Klay can post tho. His post up game is honestly pretty good.

He just can't dribble as well as a guard should be able to dribble in the NBA.

Jameerthefear
05-28-2016, 11:09 PM
bump

Ben Simmons
05-28-2016, 11:12 PM