PDA

View Full Version : How long until Winslow is in the best perimeter defender in the league talks?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Wont be long. His defense is sickening the Iggy comps are lookin right

FreezingTsmoove
11-08-2015, 10:57 PM
When he has a son who gets drafted.

Winslow is trash

Spurs m8
11-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Posting in over-reaction thread.

Maybe in about 8 years when Kawhi is on the decline tbh

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Posting in over-reaction thread.

Maybe in about 8 years when Kawhi is on the decline tbh
I said talks to be as in he will be in the discussion not the clearcut best.

And Kawhi aint better than Tony or MKG so chill nuh

Prime_Shaq
11-08-2015, 11:08 PM
From what I see he's extremely hardworking on defense because he has close to no responsibilities on offense. He can put everything he has into locking people down. Guys like Kawhi has a role in the offense and IMO its much more energy draining. Just my two cents though, I love Winslow.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-08-2015, 11:10 PM
From what I see he's extremely hardworking on defense because he has close to no responsibilities on offense. He can put everything he has into locking people down. Guys like Kawhi has a role in the offense and IMO its much more energy draining. Just my two cents though, I love Winslow.
Tony doesnt have much responsibility on O outside of offball, offensive glass, cutting and hitting the open shot. Hes still the best defender in basketball

GrapeApe
11-09-2015, 12:51 AM
When he has a son who gets drafted.

Winslow is trash

How exactly is he trash? I've seen you make similar comments in the past and it's obvious you dislike him for some reason (probably a Duke hater, and if so, I can relate)

He's a 19 year old rookie and he's already making a positive impact for his team. He has the best +/- of any rookie in the league, he's grabbing 7 boards per 36, shooting a solid 47% from the floor, and he's an NBA ready defender.

Although OP may be exaggerating, there's no question Winslow is going to be an elite perimeter defender. He has great defensive footwork, instincts, and a good combination of size and athleticism. His offense is a work in progress, but he has good form on his jumper and has shown the ability to beat his man off the dribble and get to the rim. He has a high floor and at the very least will be a solid player. Calling him trash is utterly ridiculous.

FireDavidKahn
11-09-2015, 01:08 AM
Never. He won't ever be better than Kawhi:facepalm

GrapeApe
11-09-2015, 01:32 AM
Never. He won't ever be better than Kawhi:facepalm

Not likely, but Leonard has all-time great potential as a defender. I don't think Winlsow will be a DPOY guy like Kawhi, but he'll make multiple all-defense teams throughout his career. In his first 2 weeks as a pro he's already had to defend Lebron, Harden, George, and chase Korver around. He did a solid job against all of them.

dhsilv
11-09-2015, 02:34 AM
Are we giving up on Wiggins?

FreezingTsmoove
11-09-2015, 02:42 AM
How exactly is he trash? I've seen you make similar comments in the past and it's obvious you dislike him for some reason (probably a Duke hater, and if so, I can relate)

He's a 19 year old rookie and he's already making a positive impact for his team. He has the best +/- of any rookie in the league, he's grabbing 7 boards per 36, shooting a solid 47% from the floor, and he's an NBA ready defender.

Although OP may be exaggerating, there's no question Winslow is going to be an elite perimeter defender. He has great defensive footwork, instincts, and a good combination of size and athleticism. His offense is a work in progress, but he has good form on his jumper and has shown the ability to beat his man off the dribble and get to the rim. He has a high floor and at the very least will be a solid player. Calling him trash is utterly ridiculous.

Because we have seen the type of SF the Heat needs to win a championship and Winslow will never come close

Having him as a starter or rotation player will not win you a championship

TheImmortal
11-09-2015, 02:53 AM
Andrew Wiggins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spurs m8
11-09-2015, 02:57 AM
I said talks to be as in he will be in the discussion not the clearcut best.

And Kawhi aint better than Tony or MKG so chill nuh

You could really interpret it one of a couple of ways tbh

Anyway, yeah, nah

Cheers

Goofsta Knicca
11-09-2015, 03:39 AM
He'll never be a good defender, but he was a hell of a cop and a good dad.

BasedTom
11-09-2015, 03:42 AM
You could really interpret it one of a couple of ways tbh

Anyway, yeah, nah

Cheers
insecure bitch right here :roll:

Spurs m8
11-09-2015, 04:13 AM
Get ****ed aye

Cheers

GrapeApe
11-09-2015, 04:49 AM
Because we have seen the type of SF the Heat needs to win a championship and Winslow will never come close

That is easily one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. I mean seriously, do you know how absurd that sounds? There have been legit scrubs who started for championship teams, let alone rotation players. As a 19 year old rookie, Winslow would already be a rotation player on most teams in the league. Maybe not heavy minutes, but his defense and basketball IQ would earn him playing time.

It's one thing to say he's going to be a bust (though I'm not sure the 10th pick can really be a "bust" per se), but to say he won't be good enough to be a starter or even a rotation player on a championship team is just ridiculous. That's basically saying you think he'll be out of the league in a few years or be an end of the bench guy his entire career. Barring injury, neither of those things are going to happen.

PJR
11-09-2015, 07:38 AM
I see multiple 1st team all defenses in Justise Winslow's future. Remarkable poise on that end at 19 years old. His overall disposition and lateral quickness is highly impressive.

Coach K, who doesn't typically blow smoke up anyone's ass when it comes to evaluating his own players, has been well documented in saying Winslow will be a star.

HiphopRelated
11-09-2015, 07:41 AM

Antoine Walker?

HiphopRelated
11-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Not including last night's game:

Heat DRTG w/ Winslow: 89.8
Heat DRTG w/o Winslow: 112.2

Spurs DRTG w/ Kawhi: 94.3
Spurs DRTG w/o Kawhi: 98.3

Cavs DRTG w/ LeBron: 93.2
Cavs DRTG w/o LeBron: 106.4

Dresta
11-09-2015, 02:10 PM
It is not an exaggeration to say he's already one of the better perimeter defenders in the league, and he's 19. I think he's going to be a star: he's just a unique specimen. Built like a bull, incredibly strong, but with crazy lateral footspeed on the defensive end - he's not that big, but he can guard 4s effectively, as he can do point guards, his bball IQ is off the charts; on offense, he's got the natural instincts and abilities to be a good playmaker, but can also penetrate (and will almost certainly grow into a decent shooter - from 3, at least), he can run or finish a pick and roll - the only thing that i'd be iffy about him developing is a decent ISO game, but with his vast array of other talents, he wouldn't even need those skills to be a star. His impact is already huge, and goes way beyond his numbers.

Anyone calling him trash is legit retarded.