PDA

View Full Version : Down by 18 in the third, we win by 17....

ZMonkey11
11-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Tonight's game was amazing. The Pistons looked to have nothing going after the half. Then...amazing happened. Drummond engulfed every ball around him. Jackson became unstoppable in the 4th. Timely steals.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but we are 5-1 boys. And we still got Jennings to add to the second unit!

Nastradamus
11-09-2015, 01:07 AM
That was awesome to see. Jackson and Drummond are a fun combo.

embersyc
11-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Might as well get excited now, aside from that stretch after waiving Smith last season until Jennings got hurt, this is the best Pistons have looked in years.

insidehoops
11-09-2015, 12:03 PM
The Pistons outscored the Blazers 41-11 in the fourth quarter led by the one-two punch of point guard Reggie Jackson and center Andre Drummond. Jackson scored 26 of his career-high 40 points in the final quarter, fueling a game-changing 24-0 Pistons run in the fourth. Drummond was dominant in the paint on both ends, scoring 29 points and grabbing 27 rebounds, tying for the fourth-most rebounds by a Blazers opponent in franchise history

-- Oregonian

Aussie Dunker
11-09-2015, 06:38 PM
This is what we have been waiting for... For Dre to start to reach his ridiculous potential... He already looks more fluid than Dwight ever did - and to be honest his post moves are actually starting to come along, if he keeps going he could be a weapon in a couple of years on the low block! (Never thought I would say that!)...

With the emrgence of Dre, the play of Reggie, along with the progression of Morris - and we still have years of progression left in KCP and Stanely... This core still has so much room to grow. It was all based around Dre making the next step to become a true franchise player, in which looks so good so far...

Check out the following - check out 1.00 / 1.26 / 2.05 / 2.11 / 2.20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixkX1__-zqk

dd24
11-09-2015, 06:43 PM
That was a big time win. Reggie and Dre have looked better than I expected them to so far. It will be interesting to see how the team looks against the Warriors.

Aussie Dunker
11-09-2015, 06:46 PM
p.s If you guys watched the 4th quarter you may have witnessed some of the best lockdown defense of the season - KCP on Lillard - probably just as important as Reggie taking over... that is like the 3rd game in a row KCP has played elite defense on the oppositions most dangerous player down the stretch of a game up for grabs - and has had an effect on the outcome of a game

dd24
11-09-2015, 07:05 PM
I'm sure KCP will be guarding Curry and Thompson tonight. That will be interesting.

Aussie Dunker
11-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Curry is just unarguable at the moment, even a prime Gary Payton would struggle the way Curry has been playing!

I expect us to get beaten by 15+ more points, due for a down game and playing the best team by far in the comp

ZMonkey11
11-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Yeah, hate this game is the 2nd of a back-to-back.

Oh well. LLLEESSS GGGGOOOOOOOO!!!!!

embersyc
11-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Good news is Pistons always play best against the best teams, they will probably beat GS and then lose to the Lakers or Sacramento.

dd24
11-10-2015, 04:16 AM
They might have lost tonight, but KCP did do an incredible job defending Curry.

Shade8780
11-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Drummond is a fvcking animal.

Slowed down by the best team in the league, and still puts up 14 and 15 :applause:

Nastradamus
11-10-2015, 12:02 PM
They might have lost tonight, but KCP did do an incredible job defending Curry.

That left us exposed against Thompson though.

Aussie Dunker
11-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Would rather be exposed against Klay than Curry! lol

I only was able to catch the first half but yes, KCP was a glove tonight, he has such quick feet, able to stay with most PG's in this league, and Reggie luckily has a big enough frame to guard most 2-guards... Works well

ZMonkey11
11-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Would rather be exposed against Klay than Curry! lol

I only was able to catch the first half but yes, KCP was a glove tonight, he has such quick feet, able to stay with most PG's in this league, and Reggie luckily has a big enough frame to guard most 2-guards... Works well

Very true. I would rather contain Curry than Klay. KCP did great handiwork in the second half, as well. I haven't seen anyone cover Curry like that all year. Curry easily got his shot off when he was iso'd against Anthony Davis. Could not pull off the same shots against KCP.

With SJ on the court, Pistons can switch off against picks in the 1, 2, and 3 spots. It's pretty awesome. And with the versatility, SJ and MM can switch off between the 3 and 4 spots. Once this team gets it, man we are going to be dangerous on defense. (and we are already pretty good thus far this season.)

dd24
11-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Once this team gets it, man we are going to be dangerous on defense. (and we are already pretty good thus far this season.)
Yeah, they are a much better defensive team than anyone could have imagined. And Johnsons versatility is going to really make them dangerous once he gets some experience.

Aussie Dunker
11-11-2015, 05:04 PM
it's funny how in multiple articles they are praising the warriors for keeping Dre too a quiet game and being effective against him...

It's such a compliment to Dre that 15/14 is considered a quiet game for him,