PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for Fire Byron Scott?

tamaraw08
11-09-2015, 01:56 AM
From the start, He said he wants to fix the Lakers defense.
2 training camps, full 82 games and 5 games into the season and they ranked
*29th in defensive points, 2nd worst in defensive rating this season, AGAINST 5 teams that didn't qualify for the playoffs last year.SRS rating of11(simple rating system based on pt differential and strength of schedule), 2nd worst
:facepalm
*inspite of having the 7-4 Roy Hibbert working his tail off and averaging 2.8 blocks/game
*It's not like everyone is struggling offensively. Clarkson is shooting 53%FG, 42%3pt FG.
Swaggy managing to shoot 42%3ptFG%
Lou Williams managing to take 7 FT attempts/game.
Randle's pleasant surprised contribution of 14 pts, 8 rebs/game
*Scott's inability to convince Kobe to stop jacking up 10+ 3pt shots/game, that he was NEVER a 3pt efficient shooter in 18 years.
If they can't win against bad teams, how does anyone expect for this team to get better?:confusedshrug:
No injuries to blame, no excuses, getting dominated by averaged at best teams at home. etc. :(
If the Bulls trusted a guy whose never coached a pro team, why can't the Lakers trust a Stanford guy whose been an assistant the past 2 years?:confusedshrug:
Come on Byron, prove me wrong, please. :rant

SpecialQue
11-09-2015, 01:59 AM
The time to fire him was immediately after last season ended and they got the #2 pick. Because keeping this year's pick is extremely unlikely, they might as well try to develop, and Scott is actively working against that.

Sadly, the best coach I can think of for a developing point guard is D'antoni.

dhsilv
11-09-2015, 02:06 AM
The time to fire him was immediately after last season ended and they got the #2 pick. Because keeping this year's pick is extremely unlikely, they might as well try to develop, and Scott is actively working against that.

Sadly, the best coach I can think of for a developing point guard is D'antoni.

Nash was older and much more ready for a system to work with him. Who else has he really developed? And would his stystem work in LA?

Proctor
11-09-2015, 02:30 AM
Lakers should hire Mike Brown or D'Antoni :banana:

Run&Gun=Fun
11-09-2015, 02:38 AM
It's strange, it looks like to everyone and their dog that Byron is a moron but he must have a plan. He's obviously more capable than any of us to coach and develop a team.

give it a month or two, if the lakers start to look better it certainly wouldn't be the first time a coach who seemed incompetent with everyone calling for his head, winded up being a saviour and a genius.

I still have plenty of doubts though...