PDA

View Full Version : Which athlete's Biopic would you like to see that hasn't been done yet?

hateraid
11-09-2015, 03:09 PM
My personal choices would be Julius Erving and Manny Pacquiao

StateProperty
11-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Magic Johnson:cheers:

outbreak
11-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Shane warne

Thorpesaurous
11-09-2015, 03:49 PM
NBA TV did The Doctor last year about Dr. J.

Walter Payton I'm a fan of, so I'm biased, but I've read his bio, so I know he's got some interesting stuff post career with his foundation, and eventually his illness. He probably has an episode of A Football Life that covers a lot of it though.

RidonKs
11-09-2015, 03:53 PM
bill walton

but about a vicious behind closed doors firing from nbc over 'poorly phrased commentary'

maybe that's just the title for the bill walton biopic!

"Poorly Phrased Commentary: A Bill Walton Story"

leave it open for sequels

ROCSteady
11-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Tiger would be interesting & I hate Tiger.

Jesse Williams as Tiger.

Terrence Howard would have been good if he was younger.

SugarHill
11-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Tiger would be interesting & I hate Tiger.

Jesse Williams as Tiger.

Terrence Howard would have been good if he was younger.
why do you hate tiger?

Tarik One
11-09-2015, 04:56 PM

Walter Payton I'm a fan of, so I'm biased, but I've read his bio, so I know he's got some interesting stuff post career with his foundation, and eventually his illness. He probably has an episode of A Football Life that covers a lot of it though.
I believe PEDs attributed to his liver cancer.

ROCSteady
11-09-2015, 05:01 PM
why do you hate tiger?

Hated him ever since I was a little kid.

I remember making fun of my friend in 4th grade for buying some cheesy Tiger motivational book at the book fair and my teacher lambasting me because "Tiger Woods is a great great man" :oldlol:

He just always rubbed me the wrong way. He would always be doing chump shit like having his caddy throw fan's cameras in the water when they snapped pics and he wasn't happy with his shot when they took em.

His overall demeanor just always was bothersome and irritating.

I also don't like phonies and obviously the image his sponsors always wanted us to drink up as American Golden Boy was very far from the truth. I'm not even hating on him for slammin a bunch of whores but it's pathetic how everybody was fooled

BurningHammer
11-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Kurt Warner

He is getting one soon anyway.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Mike Tyson. Scorcese is working on one. I don't think it will be out anytime soon. Seems like they are still in the works of creating a storyline. This has been rumored for a few years now though (if I remember correctly).

NBAplayoffs2001
11-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Kurt Warner

He is getting one soon anyway.

Real good choice here too. Warner had a great NFL career too and a unique one as well.

outbreak
11-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Another interesting one would be Mark Vermeulen. Zimbabwe cricketer who got banned for a fight with spectators, came back fractured his skull twice in two different games then tried to burn down the zimbabwe cricket academy and then tried to burn down the zimbabwe cricket headquarters. Was charged with arson, got off on mental illness and then somehow made it back in to their one day squad with his future earnings going to pay for rebuilding the buildings he burnt down.

BurningHammer
11-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Wilder choices: Dennis Rodman, Ron Artest, Ricky Williams, Ben Johnson, Oscar Pistorius.

hateraid
11-11-2015, 01:03 PM

Was that a Biopic or Biography? I'm more interested in a Biopic.

senelcoolidge
11-11-2015, 01:39 PM
LaRue Martin, considered worse #1 pic ever. He's a UPS executive now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CwvbL4w84w

Thorpesaurous
11-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Was that a Biopic or Biography? I'm more interested in a Biopic.

It was a documentary biography. By Biopic you mean like Don Cheadle is playing Dr. J or something? It's not that.

Here's the trailer. It was a good watch.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2013/05/15/the-doctor.nba/

Thorpesaurous
11-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Bo Jackson would be good, seeing his life split between baseball and football and shit.

plus bo is one of my favorite athletes of all time :D

30 for 30 did a Bo one. Bo Knows I believe it was called.

Jailblazers7
11-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Larry Bird is a really interesting guy but he would be a bad movie subject. He is a case where the man is more interesting than the story imo. Bill Russell or Magic Johnson might make for the most interesting basketball biopics.

Ted Williams would probably make for an interesting movie. I'd personally love to see a Ty Cobb one just because he was such an infamous bastard but you can't really make a traditional (sellable) Hollywood story arc from his life/career.