PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean when you show up at a job interview on time and then asked can you

sportsfan76
11-09-2015, 10:17 PM
come back tomorrow because something came up?:lol

Isn't that a obvious sign they already have who they wanted? I myself would not be coming back if some shit like that happened to me.

knickballer
11-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Did you ask for a specific reason on why?

Is the company a shady place? Do they seem unorganized? If so, I would assume something along that line has occurred and maybe its best you don't work for those guys if they are that unprofessional/unorganized.

Company small/big?

sportsfan76
11-09-2015, 10:44 PM
Did you ask for a specific reason on why?

Is the company a shady place? Do they seem unorganized? If so, I would assume something along that line has occurred and maybe its best you don't work for those guys if they are that unprofessional/unorganized.

Company small/big?

Thinking that when something like this happens they don't like the way you look

L.Kizzle
11-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Sometimes things actually happen. Maybe the interviewer got called in for an unsuspecting mandatory meeting and was asked to reschedule whatever they had planned for that hour or so. It happens.

sportsfan76
11-09-2015, 11:22 PM
Sometimes things actually happen. Maybe the interviewer got called in for an unsuspecting mandatory meeting and was asked to reschedule whatever they had planned for that hour or so. It happens.

That shit happened to me 3 years ago and I knew I only had one suit and told them............"someone is going to have to interview me today":roll:

Draz
11-09-2015, 11:26 PM
That shit happened to me 3 years ago and I knew I only had one suit and told them............"someone is going to have to interview me today":roll:
:roll: sounds like me rn :roll:

sportsfan76
11-09-2015, 11:29 PM
:roll: sounds like me rn :roll:

I damm sure wasn't strolling back in there with the same suit lol

L.Kizzle
11-09-2015, 11:33 PM
What did they say after that?

"My assistant will show you the way out ..."
:lol

Mike Armstrong
11-09-2015, 11:36 PM

I assume you did not get that job.

sportsfan76
11-09-2015, 11:40 PM
What did they say after that?

"My assistant will show you the way out ..."
:lol

The receptionist was like......."Ms. Doe is tied up in a meeting and wanted to know would you be able to come back tomorrow?

I was like........."probably not":lol

sportsfan76
11-09-2015, 11:42 PM
I assume you did not get that job.

Of course not which is why they should have stopped me from coming in when they knew they had the person they wanted

Sometimes a interviewer is looking for a certain gender but of course they can't say that. One job I was hired for the supervisor told me she wanted a man because the last person was a woman and they didn't get along

KevinNYC
11-09-2015, 11:55 PM
Of course not which is why they should have stopped me from coming in when they knew they had the person they wanted

There's nothing about this situation that says they knew they had the person they wanted.

Often small business are hiring because so many thing are going on at once.

Once when I had someone new starting the next day and I had an appointment elsewhere and wasn't at work, I got an email from that person saying they would be in ten minutes.

Seems the home office screwed up on what day they were supposed to start. My boss was out of town too, so we just told her to turn around and come in tomorrow.

Yoda
11-10-2015, 12:10 AM
3 years ago you say? Strong the butt hurt is.

sportsfan76
11-10-2015, 12:16 AM
3 years ago you say? Strong the butt hurt is.

Well I guess it was all for the best because I found a stable job I like

poido123
11-10-2015, 12:53 AM
A simple phone call should of been appropriate so you didn't have to go to the trouble of turning up yourself.

Employers these days can be quite inconsiderate.

sportsfan76
11-10-2015, 12:58 AM
A simple phone call should of been appropriate so you didn't have to go to the trouble of turning up yourself.

Employers these days can be quite inconsiderate.

I think they were expecting someone white because of the name Solomon

Hawker
11-10-2015, 01:29 AM
The receptionist was like......."Ms. Doe is tied up in a meeting and wanted to know would you be able to come back tomorrow?

I was like........."probably not":lol

Dude you gotta remember that these people actually have a job outside the interviews they have to conduct so I'd probably give them a pass. Ms. Doe probably actually does feel like shit for standing you up...I know I would if I had to rearrange a time. Don't take it personally.

nathanjizzle
11-10-2015, 10:02 AM
Tell them to go fuc themselves.