PDA

View Full Version : Simmons Fake Trade: He Frees Boogie!

SwishSquared
11-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 48m48 minutes ago

3-way deal: Boogie to the Knicks, Porzingis to Boston, Lopez plus Boston's unprotected Brooklyn 2016 pick to Sacramento... WHO SAYS NO?
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 47m47 minutes ago

(I should also mention - I absolutely love Porzingis.)I think Sacramento says no, unless they re-route Lopez to another team (makes no sense with WCS/Koufos there long term). SAC also doesn't shed any bad contracts and needs more than 1 pick back, even if it's the Nets pick. Honestly they could get Kristaps + Grant and/or Galloway for Boogie without Boston's involvement. Just need a 3rd team involved to re-route RoLo.

NYK would say yes most likely but I would turn it down if I were Phil. Kristaps has a high floor and a high ceiling RoLo is an above average starting C making fair money. They would need to send Lopez to a third team to get some pick and/or player to make it more fair for them.

Boston says yes imo.

Jameerthefear
11-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Why would Boston say yes? #1 pick >>> Porzingis

bluechox2
11-10-2015, 04:06 PM
no...porzingis value keeps shooting up day by day...and knicks giving up 2 solid positions for 1 small upgrade as of now?

boston should throw in smart and bradley to the knicks

but i still wouldnt give up on zinger for now...and cousins is just a loser until proven otherwise

Fallen Angel
11-10-2015, 04:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8Ttu18n.gif

DMAVS41
11-10-2015, 04:08 PM
I think Sacramento says no, unless they re-route Lopez to another team (makes no sense with WCS/Koufos there long term). SAC also doesn't shed any bad contracts and needs more than 1 pick back, even if it's the Nets pick. Honestly they could get Kristaps + Grant and/or Galloway for Boogie without Boston's involvement. Just need a 3rd team involved to re-route RoLo.

NYK would say yes most likely but I would turn it down if I were Phil. Kristaps has a high floor and a high ceiling RoLo is an above average starting C making fair money. They would need to send Lopez to a third team to get some pick and/or player to make it more fair for them.

Boston says yes imo.

Knicks probably say yes, but it would be foolish. Melo and Cousins aren't winning you anything anyway.

Knicks should be looking to dump Melo...

Boston says yes for sure because you never know what that pick ultimately will be and Porz has already shown enough to know he's a real NBA player.

Who knows what SAC would do...they don't have brains there

BlackWhiteGreen
11-10-2015, 04:10 PM

25% chance at #1 pick <<<<<<<

I would say no on the basis it makes the Knicks better long-term. KPorz looks good but Boogie is a sure thing. And by the time Kristaps is ready, Melo will likely be too old.

Jameerthefear
11-10-2015, 04:12 PM
25% chance at #1 pick <<<<<<<
I'll put it this way then,
likely top 3 pick and potential #1 pick >>>> Porz

Dr Seuss
11-10-2015, 04:13 PM
so this past draft, everyone said it would cost the Lakers much more than the number 2 pick to trade for boogie. but in this trade, SAC would be willing to trade boogie without a guaranteed top 2 pick - in hopes of landing #1?

interesting.... :facepalm

Jameerthefear
11-10-2015, 04:17 PM
so this past draft, everyone said it would cost the Lakers much more than the number 2 pick to trade for boogie. but in this trade, SAC would be willing to trade boogie without a guaranteed top 2 pick - in hopes of landing #1?

well, the fact that there's a chance for the #1 increases its value. i can see what you're saying though.

guy
11-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Simmons loves Boogie so I wonder why he didn't say Lee + the pick for Boogie to Boston?

StephHamann
11-10-2015, 04:19 PM

Well the Kings are fkn idiots, so why not trying?

imdaman99
I understand we'd be getting a lot of value back... but Porzingis is untouchable :pimp:

BlackWhiteGreen

As with my above edit, my issue is the creation of a long-term rival. I'm not so enamoured with Porzingis to lose my chance at Cousins AND the pick.

Fallen Angel
11-10-2015, 04:20 PM
this dude is crying about a potential #1 in a draft nobody knows who will enter

DMAVS41
11-10-2015, 04:21 PM

It's not a great return on Cousins, but a likely top 3 pick and Robin locked up for 4 years at a good number is something.

I wouldn't do it if I'm the Kings, but they really need to move Cousins soon and start over...

If they got a top 3 pick and then flipped Robin for another pick and or a young player...could rebuild very quickly

Do the Kings own their own draft pick this year? Or do the Sixers have the right to swap or something...can't remember.

HurricaneKid
11-10-2015, 04:22 PM

Lakers were to pick between D'Angeslow and the guy that got humiliated by Frank Kaminsky in his most meaningful game of his life. The 1/5 chance at Ben Simmons is worth both of 'em.

That said, its not a great return for Sac. Kinda funny how in all Simmons' proposed deals the Celts end up with the best of it.

Celts offered 4 picks including this one for #9 a week and a half ago in basketball time. Its not worth that much more now.

Jameerthefear
As with my above edit, my issue is the creation of a long-term rival. I'm not so enamoured with Porzingis to lose my chance at Cousins AND the pick.
Good point also.

Jameerthefear
this dude is crying about a potential #1 in a draft nobody knows who will enter
are you retarded?

Derka
11-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Eh.

BarberSchool
11-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Simmons just on that porzingis warwagon, and wants the best prospect of the next two decades to land in Boston and develop another celtics dynasty around him.

Knicks fans don't deserve him anyways. they deserve a dissapointing @sswipe like Cousins.

Miles and Miles
11-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Who says yes should be the real question.

magnax1
11-10-2015, 05:19 PM
For real shooting 40% at center.

Nastradamus
11-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Sacto is getting Boogie if they're doing this deal in any way.

Boogie to Boston makes a lot of sense to me.

Send em Amir(for salary), Zeller, a young player like YOung or Hunter and a handful of picks including the Brooklyn pick.

AnaheimLakers24
11-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Booger is a loser cancer who should get cancer

Miles and Miles
11-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Sacto is getting Boogie if they're doing this deal in any way.

Boogie to Boston makes a lot of sense to me.

Send em Amir(for salary), Zeller, a young player like YOung or Hunter and a handful of picks including the Brooklyn pick.

So the Kings make the deal and get DMC back? I am so confused.

Nastradamus
11-10-2015, 06:52 PM
So the Kings make the deal and get DMC back? I am so confused.

Meant to say Sacto would want Porzingis if that deal went down

smoovegittar
11-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Pretty laughable, like Simmons himself. Cousins is NOT a Jax type of player.
The very idea that NY would entertain anyone outside of Bronzy for KP is delusional. This kid is on the rise. Cousins and Melo on the same team wouldn't even be watchable, IMO.

Melo needs to be traded.

FreezingTsmoove
11-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Yeah im taking the chance on getting BEN ****ING SIMMONS every time. I dont care if its 25% chance I would just want a ****ing chance. This dude is THE TRUTH. At 17 he stood next to Lebron in a picture and he was BIGGER than 2/6. We are talking about a guy who can fit in any offense and not stall the offense (similar to how Karl Towns plays offense), can grab a rebound and run a break while play making, a guy who will defend at a high level, and a guy who when he is adult age WILL BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST PLAYERS PHYSCIALLY in the NBA

He absolutely DOMINATED EYBL to the point where he didnt even bother to return for his senior season. Are you ****ing kidding me?

He dominanted his competition at the HOOP SUMMIT

The only reason he chose LSU was for their COLORS!!! (Same as Monteverde his HS colors, and same color as the Lakers the team he wants to play for)

I watched this dude play at EYBL. EYBL is NO ****ING JOKE. These dudes breathe basketball and sleep at the gym. And he messed around and averaged 20/10 on 70%

The only difference between him and Lebron is that Ben will not dominate the ball he will be a cog in the offense similar to how Karl Towns plays right now.

outbreak
11-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Simmons just on that porzingis warwagon, and wants the best prospect of the next two decades to land in Boston and develop another celtics dynasty around him.

Knicks fans don't deserve him anyways. they deserve a dissapointing @sswipe like Cousins.
but the knicks fans who booed him on draft night deserve him? Literally any other team in the league deserves Porzingis more than those asswipes.

SwishSquared
11-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Yeah im taking the chance on getting BEN ****ING SIMMONS every time. I dont care if its 25% chance I would just want a ****ing chance. This dude is THE TRUTH. At 17 he stood next to Lebron in a picture and he was BIGGER than 2/6. We are talking about a guy who can fit in any offense and not stall the offense (similar to how Karl Towns plays offense), can grab a rebound and run a break while play making, a guy who will defend at a high level, and a guy who when he is adult age WILL BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST PLAYERS PHYSCIALLY in the NBA

He absolutely DOMINATED EYBL to the point where he didnt even bother to return for his senior season. Are you ****ing kidding me?

He dominanted his competition at the HOOP SUMMIT

The only reason he chose LSU was for their COLORS!!! (Same as Monteverde his HS colors, and same color as the Lakers the team he wants to play for)

I watched this dude play at EYBL. EYBL is NO ****ING JOKE. These dudes breathe basketball and sleep at the gym. And he messed around and averaged 20/10 on 70%

The only difference between him and Lebron is that Ben will not dominate the ball he will be a cog in the offense similar to how Karl Towns plays right now.I really like Simmons but it's noting that he has a small wingspan than LBJ despite being taller and isn't as explosive as an athlete. He's however #1 on my "way-too-early-to-tell" board. He's in his own tier right now imo.

FreezingTsmoove
11-10-2015, 08:45 PM
I really like Simmons but it's noting that he has a small wingspan than LBJ despite being taller and isn't as explosive as an athlete. He's however #1 on my "way-too-early-to-tell" board. He's in his own tier right now imo.

**** you you dont know shit clown

RidonKs
11-10-2015, 08:50 PM
this is a great trade

celts would have to throw in something extra, probably to appease the kings

in terms of value

boogie > porzingis > #1 pick >> lopez

kings will ask for more... then again boston has all kinds of productive low-value talent to dole out... at virtually any position

unfortunately phil jackson might well say no just to spite danny ainge

SwishSquared
11-10-2015, 08:55 PM
**** you you dont know shit clownSeriously? I have him clearly as the #1 pick. Just because he's taller than LBJ doesn't mean he'll be as good or better. Obviously he could be but don't come at me for posting facts.

And you know so much better? Ok.

DMAVS41
11-10-2015, 09:00 PM
**** you you dont know shit clown

Great response.

What else can you tell us that with that crystal ball of yours?

ballup
11-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Isn't that just moving Boogie to another city, but to the same kind of organizational dysfunctionness?

SwishSquared
11-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Knicks probably say yes, but it would be foolish. Melo and Cousins aren't winning you anything anyway.

Knicks should be looking to dump Melo...

Boston says yes for sure because you never know what that pick ultimately will be and Porz has already shown enough to know he's a real NBA player.

Who knows what SAC would do...they don't have brains thereAgreed on Knicks- pairing Melo & Cousins would be a very Knicks move though :oldlol: I guess Isiah isn't running the team so maybe Phil would stay away.

I think that Nets pick is an insanely valuable trade chip but I really think that Ainge wants somebody that he knows will bring contributions on both ends of the floor. Obviously the Cs can just trade for Boogie (Boston is his most likely destination imo). I think they might be better off snagging Kristaps though.

It's a fun exercise but I think even Simmons is a little down on Boogie right now. Factoring in D, Kristaps is only behind Towns right now imo as far as rookie performance.

SwishSquared
11-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Why would Boston say yes? #1 pick >>> PorzingisMakes them a much better team right away. Boston would rather improve this year than wait on that pick imo. It could be #1 or could be #5. Porzingis would give them a guy who has a superstar ceiling, which they don't have yet.

Idk if I would pull the trigger if I'm the Cs but I would be really tempted.

DMAVS41
11-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Agreed on Knicks- pairing Melo & Cousins would be a very Knicks move though :oldlol: I guess Isiah isn't running the team so maybe Phil would stay away.

I think that Nets pick is an insanely valuable trade chip but I really think that Ainge wants somebody that he knows will bring contributions on both ends of the floor. Obviously the Cs can just trade for Boogie (Boston is his most likely destination imo). I think they might be better off snagging Kristaps though.

It's a fun exercise but I think even Simmons is a little down on Boogie right now. Factoring in D, Kristaps is only behind Towns right now imo as far as rookie performance.

I think I'd rather trade for Cousins if I'm the Celtics. I'm super high on him though and think the Celtics have a great situation in place for him. I just think he's so damn good and at only 25 he gives the Celtics exactly what they need...a stud to build around for the next 7 or 8 years.

Porzingis would be nice, but if given the choice on which one I'd rather trade for...give me Cousins pretty easily.

DMAVS41
11-10-2015, 09:10 PM
Makes them a much better team right away. Boston would rather improve this year than wait on that pick imo. It could be #1 or could be #5. Porzingis would give them a guy who has a superstar ceiling, which they don't have yet.

Idk if I would pull the trigger if I'm the Cs but I would be really tempted.

You'd probably pull it because of so much unknown. And it's not like even if you get a top 2 pick you are assured of a guy that looks as good as Porzingis. Dude looks like a legit NBA player already with true all nba type potential for a decade in his prime.

Yea, it's early, but the signs are all very good.

Would be hard to turn that down for the potential of getting the pick you want and then hitting with said pick.

FreezingTsmoove
11-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Great response.

What else can you tell us that with that crystal ball of yours?

Mavs out the first round this year :lol