PDA

View Full Version : Truth hurts sometimes but wasn't T-Mac the true definition of "empty stats"

k0kakw0rld
11-11-2015, 11:33 AM
00-01 33.8 got swept in the first round 41% FG
01-02 30.8 got swept in the first round 46% FG
02-03 31.7 lost in 7 games first round 45 % FG
04-05 30.7 lost in 7 games first round 46 % FG
06-07 25.3 lost in 7 games first round 39 % FG
07-08 27.0 lost in 6 games first round 47 % FG

We know what happened after, injured T-Mac watched
his team advance to the second round for the first
time since 1997 beating the blazers 4-2.

I'm a fan of his by the way but truth is truth and I know it hurts. The man was simply not a winner.
A great basketball player, and amazing all around player but he just did not have it + injuries did not really help him. Athleticism can get you so far unless you are a freak like LeBron or Westbook.

Someone had the audacity to say T-Mac & Yao > James Harden & Dwight :facepalm

iamgine
11-11-2015, 11:38 AM
So anyone who lost in the first round was putting empty stats for that season?

Ehh not buying it.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Idk. Harden's not been amazing in the play offs. Watching from the bench as your team comes back from a 19 point deficit to beat a team that was leading 3-1 vs you on their home court says a lot about your boy Haren as well.

DMV2
11-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Empty stats usually means when stats failed the eye test. So unless you watched all of those T-Mac's series then you don't have much of a case.

Empty Stats games and series I've watched in recent years.

LeBron Game 6 of the 2010 ECF.
LeBron Game 5 & 6 2011 Finals.
Durant 2012 Finals series.
LeBron's first 5 games of the 2013 Finals.
LeBron's final 3 games in the 2015 Finals.

Not even trying to hate but most of LeBron's Finals performances have legit examples of "Empty Stats."

StephHamann
11-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Demarcus Cousins = empty stats, putting up GOAT numbers but his team never comes even close to beeing 0.500

ZMonkey11
11-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Empty stats usually means when stats failed the eye test. So unless you watched all of those T-Mac's series then you don't have much of a case.

Not even trying to hate but most of LeBron's Finals performances have legit examples of "Empty Stats."

I have heard a lot of people say Durant's 2012 Finals were empty stats. But why is it empty when you put up points effortlessly? He got his points throughout the quarters and in the flow of the game.

He didn't blatantly try to put the basket in the hoop like Westbrook did. Is that why Westbrook's stats aren't empty? Because they were all in your face jumpshots and drives to the basket? Shit, they were so in your face, people were clammoring he held the ball too much and shot too much (in which he did).

When your team is pacing the other team, your best player is putting up gawdy numbers, and you don't even notice he's doing it, you know you have an unselfish superstar.

DMV2
11-11-2015, 12:15 PM
I have heard a lot of people say Durant's 2012 Finals were empty stats. But why is it empty when you put up points effortlessly? He got his points throughout the quarters and in the flow of the game.

He didn't blatantly try to put the basket in the hoop like Westbrook did. Is that why Westbrook's stats aren't empty? Because they were all in your face jumpshots and drives to the basket? Shit, they were so in your face, people were clammoring he held the ball too much and shot too much (in which he did).

When your team is pacing the other team, your best player is putting up gawdy numbers, and you don't even notice he's doing it, you know you have an unselfish superstar.
because all of that efficient scoring didn't help his team from getting swept after Game 1.

Bosh destroying the entire OKC frontcourt(which Durant is part of) is the biggest reason why Miami won. LeBron was able to live in the paint because of Bosh.

How does a 6'11" captain and leader let that happen?

aj1987
11-11-2015, 12:16 PM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

because all of that efficient scoring didn't help his team from getting swept after Game 1.

Bosh destroying the entire OKC frontcourt(which Durant is part of) is the biggest reason why Miami won. LeBron was able to live in the paint because of Bosh.

How does a 6'11" captain and leader let that happen?
Bosh averaged 15/9 on 45% shooting.

houston
11-11-2015, 12:19 PM
yup he was kinda like George Gervin

DMV2
11-11-2015, 12:25 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Bosh averaged 15/9 on 45% shooting.
care to explain your faceplam? I'll give you a reason why Game 6 of the ECF stats were empty stats. LeBron had a triple double. AMAZING! Yet not once did the Cavs had a lead on the Celtics. Boston had control of that game from start to finish.

2013 Finals? LeBron didn't even show up until the last 3 minutes of Game 6.

Durant's 2012 Finals - you must not have watched that series. there were like at least 2 or 3 games where he outrebounded the entire OKC frontline.

proving my point that stats don't represent the actual eye test at all.

Bosh's 15/9 was three times more important than Durant's 30+ on 50% shooting or whatever empty stats he put up in that series.

iamgine
11-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Empty stats = stats that could've been done by players below one's level.

For example, a player gathered 20 rebounds but most of those were long misses that just happened to go his way. Or points in garbage time where the opponents have given up or put out their 3rd units. Etc.

Result does not determine whether the stats are empty or not.