View Full Version : Who is more athletic? Wiggins or Lebron

JohnMax
11-11-2015, 01:41 PM
discuss

ralph_i_el
11-11-2015, 01:47 PM
At the same age? LeBron

also, Ben Simmons

current Wiggins is also at least 25lbs lighter than LeBron at that age. If you consider quickness/vert relative to size, it's LeBron by a large amount.

TemporaMutantur
11-11-2015, 01:48 PM
I assume you mean peak Lebron, because as of now, it's Wiggins by a mile.

Assuming peak Lebron, it's close, but edge to Lebron.

feyki
11-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Lebron .

ShawkFactory
11-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Different styles, but Lebron

iTare
11-11-2015, 02:26 PM
peak for peak its hard to take anyone over lebron considering all aspects of athleticism. dude was fast as f*ck, strong as sh*t, & could jump like hell. he also had a pretty damn decent first step.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-11-2015, 02:26 PM
As high school seniors, LeBron had the edge in everything besides maybe the vertical. I think wiggins had an inch or two max vertical on LeBron (but this neck and neck, I just feel Wiggins has more bounce in his step but he's also a lot lighter than a high school LeBron). Everything else, LeBron was better at from high school phenomenons to 20 years old.

SouBeachTalents
11-11-2015, 02:27 PM
peak for peak its hard to take anyone over lebron considering all aspects of athleticism. dude was fast as f*ck, strong as sh*t, & could jump like hell. he also had a pretty damn decent first step.

Disagree, he was fast as shit and strong as ****

kamil
11-11-2015, 02:31 PM

LeBron* has never had a first step.

FKAri
11-11-2015, 02:32 PM

There's a bunch (not a lot) of guys who could match or exceed peak Lebron in those areas. But those guys weren't 6'8.

ShawkFactory
11-11-2015, 02:47 PM
And you don't have a memory

VengefulAngel
11-11-2015, 04:14 PM

Rewatch tape of the Lebron in his younger days, he actually had a very good first step for someone his size.

SyRyanYang
11-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Lebron was almost as quick and explosive but also a lot stronger at the same time.

DukeDelonte13
11-11-2015, 05:08 PM
i would way wiggins... Lebron is unusually athletic for a guy his size but wiggins probably could out leap Lebron at the same age.

FireDavidKahn
11-11-2015, 05:12 PM
LeBron. Wiggins can Jump higher and might be quicKer but LeBron had so much more muscle on him and was barely any worse in vertical or quickness

ShaqTwizzle
11-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Definitly Lebron and I think the gap is fairly sizable even if we ignore the difference in size between them.

Even in terms of vert I think young Lebron could probably hit 44+.
A 6'8 man needs a 40 inch vert to get the top of his head at rim level and young Lebron could probably nearly get his whole head above rim level on a perfect jump.

Then again I haven't watched much footage of Wiggins so I can't say all that with confidence yet until I do.

TripleA
11-11-2015, 05:20 PM
They have about the same vertical. Lebron has much better acceleration because of his power. Speed is tough to tell because of conditions like court length and dribbling.

JtotheIzzo
11-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Bran

He was the greatest specimen the league had ever seen

ralph_i_el
11-11-2015, 07:24 PM
When I see Wiggins do something crazy athletic, I think "Damn, that boy is built to run and jump"

When young Bron did something crazy athletic, I thought "ARGLEBARGLE hhhhhwut?"

Wiggins looks like he should be flying around like that. When Bron did it, nobody his size had really done what he could do.

HenryGarfunkle
11-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Lebron and it's not close.

there's more components to athleticism than just jumping. and even that's close.

Lebron kills andrew in everything else.

plowking
11-11-2015, 09:05 PM
How is it not close?

The only thing that sets Lebron apart is his strength.
Agility? Wiggins.
End to end speed? Even. Both probably 2 of the fastest players ever.
Jumping? Even or Wiggins slightly.
Strength? Bron.

I get that one factor could completely shift it to one side, but it is really close. Wiggins is extremely stringy and strong for his build.

Basically, I'm not sure who the better basketball athlete is.