PDA

View Full Version : Who said Elfrid (stupidass name) Payton was a good PG?

AirTupac
11-11-2015, 10:03 PM
He's getting burned by D'Angelo Russel while also going 1/11 from the field. For someone who got so much hype, he sure is an awful player. BU BU BU HE'S TALL AND CAN DEFEND. Thats why D'Angelo is looking like a decent NBA player for once, cause his defense is so great.

Next.

AnaheimLakers24
11-11-2015, 10:04 PM
Dude has a stupid hairstyle too

Cocaine80s
11-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Meltdown

TaLvsCuaL
11-11-2015, 10:06 PM
The kid was good before cut his afro :lol

AirTupac
11-11-2015, 10:07 PM

He needs to somehow stay relevant in the league, guy can't make a bucket to save his life. Sometimes I wonder how many points I would score if I could get as many touches as this scrub. Definitely put up better %

Foster5k
11-11-2015, 10:08 PM
When you're shooting 8% from the field, your crazy hair style suddenly becomes less cool.

DoctorP
11-11-2015, 10:08 PM
girls, the wnba forum is over there <-----

outbreak
11-11-2015, 10:09 PM
:whatever:
He hasn't been burned at all and still has 9rbs 8asts. The whole Orlando teams playing like ass tonight. He had 20 pts the other night too.

kennethgriffin
11-11-2015, 10:10 PM
why does his hair look like fungus

AirTupac
11-11-2015, 10:11 PM
When you're shooting 8% from the field, your crazy hair style suddenly becomes less cool.

LOL, couldnt have said it any better. This is worse than Rondo shooting and thats how you know youre awful. You think a player would be able to shoot better than 8% after playing ball all his life.

outbreak
11-11-2015, 10:15 PM
LOL, couldnt have said it any better. This is worse than Rondo shooting and thats how you know youre awful. You think a player would be able to shoot better than 8% after playing ball all his life.

If you watched the game you'd know half or more of his attempts were put back attempts he couldn't get to go.

bigkingsfan
11-11-2015, 10:16 PM
10 boards 8 assist 1 TO, Russel won't ever reach that this year.

AirTupac
11-11-2015, 10:17 PM
10 boards 8 assist 1 TO, Russel won't ever reach that this year.

Russel wont reach that 8% either. I'm glad he already surpassed fungus head alll while being a teenager.

plowking
11-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Was he taken 2nd in front of far better players as well?

Foster5k
11-11-2015, 10:20 PM
:oldlol:

Both of these scrub point guards got out played by Shabazz Napier.

outbreak
11-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Russel wont reach that 8% either. I'm glad he already surpassed fungus head alll while being a teenager.

Payton's career FG % is higher than Russell's.....

bigkingsfan
11-11-2015, 10:21 PM
They're both shooting about the same on the year.

AirTupac
11-11-2015, 10:24 PM
You guys cant be dumb enough to really think Elfrid is on the same level as Russel as a shooter? Russel actually has the mechanics of a great shooter. Youre comparing a small sample size to a guy whos been in the league 1+ year.

Russell will increase his percentages, its inevitable. He's getting more confident each game. Same thing happened in college, he looked shakey at first shooting the ball and became cold blooded after a few months.

Thats just plain funny to even consider them on the same level. Elfrid is borderline retarded when it comes to shooting.

outbreak
11-11-2015, 10:24 PM
They're both shooting about the same on the year.
Paytons actually shot higher on 3pt% and Russell is meant to be a knock down shooter while Payton is a scrub 3pt shooter...

outbreak
11-11-2015, 10:27 PM
You guys cant be dumb enough to really think Elfrid is on the same level as Russel as a shooter? Russel actually has the mechanics of a great shooter. Youre comparing a small sample size to a guy whos been in the league 1+ year.

Russell will increase his percentages, its inevitable. He's getting more confident each game. Same thing happened in college, he looked shakey at first shooting the ball and became cold blooded after a few months.

Thats just plain funny to even consider them on the same level. Elfrid is borderline retarded when it comes to shooting.

Payton will increase his fg%, not by taking shots but by finishing his lay ups like he did last year. They project as two different type of point guards, Payton is a great play maker who can;t shoot but can blow by people and go to the rim (at least he was last year hope he's just in a slump with his injured hamstring) whereas Russell is a shooter who won't drive and dish as much but will rely more on ball movement. Right now Payton has shown more at NBA level than Russell, that's not to say Russell can't be better long term but that's just projections. That's also not factoring in Payton's defence compared to Russells either.

Paytons had a horrible start to this season but if you'd watched some of his games last year you'd feel like an idiot for making a thread about him being an aweful player.

AirTupac
11-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Paytons actually shot higher on 3pt% and Russell is meant to be a knock down shooter while Payton is a scrub 3pt shooter...

Refer to my post. It's not gonna stay like that, we both know it. Russel has the talent and form to be a great shooter. Cmon now dawg.

But I agree with your last post. Russel has been attacking lately which is good to see considering i thought he was a slow piece of shit who was scared to do it lol

bigkingsfan
11-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Russel actually has the mechanics of a great shooter

Wasn't he supposed to have the mechanics of a great passer too. How's that working out.

AirTupac
11-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Wasn't he supposed to have the mechanics of a great passer too. How's that working out.

You see flashes of his brilliance tbh with you. Its not all there yet but theres a reason why all scouts and teams were raving about it. He has the special passing ability, its up to him to figure it out how to incorporate it consistenly at an NBA level. It's all about confidence for this 19 year old kid.

outbreak
11-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Refer to my post. It's not gonna stay like that, we both know it. Russel has the talent and form to be a great shooter. Cmon now dawg.

But I agree with your last post. Russel has been attacking lately which is good to see considering i thought he was a slow piece of shit who was scared to do it lol

Paytons never going to be the shooter Russell is, on the other hand Russells never going to be the defender or have the first step Payton has. They are different kind of guards and both have things they need to work on if they want to be more than mediocre players.

AirTupac
11-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Paytons never going to be the shooter Russell is, on the other hand Russells never going to be the defender or have the first step Payton has. They are different kind of guards and both have things they need to work on if they want to be more than mediocre players.

True. However I do think D'Angelo will become faster and a better defender in the next couple years. His body doesnt seem developed, but then again hes 19. I was a twig at 19 and started working out seriously when I started college. He will never be explosive but his speed and strength will get there with NBA training.

Edit: Not necessarily a better defender than Payton , just in general.

outbreak
11-11-2015, 10:36 PM
True. However I do think D'Angelo will become faster and a better defender in the next couple years. His body doesnt seem developed, but then again hes 19. I was a twig at 19 and started working out seriously when I started college. He will never be explosive but his speed and strength will get there with NBA training.

Edit: Not necessarily a better defender than Payton , just in general.

Did you really need to make a thread like this? No one had been hyping Payton this season, he's been rubbish for most games this year anyway, but he still has a body of work that's shown quite a bit of potential if he puts it all together. Was this thread really needed?

AirTupac
11-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Did you really need to make a thread like this? No one had been hyping Payton this season, he's been rubbish for most games this year anyway, but he still has a body of work that's shown quite a bit of potential if he puts it all together. Was this thread really needed?

Just keeping ISH lively. :cheers:

Jeff pays me a dollar a troll thread.

outbreak
11-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Just keeping ISH lively. :cheers:

Jeff pays me a dollar a troll thread.

I'd actually believe some people were being paid...

outbreak
11-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Bump

Payton's hasnt' even been that hyped and has long way to go but gonna bump this because OP thinks he's an aweful player with no potential.

Payton today - 24pts 7rbs 6ast 4stl 1to

Start off rough and then led a come back.

SpecialQue
11-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Bump

Payton's hasnt' even been that hyped and has long way to go but gonna bump this because OP thinks he's an aweful player with no potential.

I would suck the fattest **** I could find for Russell to have those stats. :(

Jameerthefear
11-18-2015, 11:28 PM
Bump

stat sheet stuffer

outbreak
11-19-2015, 12:43 AM
http://watch.nba.com/video/teams/magic/2015/11/19/1447902721870-e7a9fdf0-5c23-494b-85ac-1cf0feee9c94.mp4-124738

Really needs to keep attacking the rim instead of taking pull ups. Against Rubio yes but we've seen him drive like this against good guards last year so no reason he isn't do it this year.

Jameerthefear
11-19-2015, 12:47 AM
http://watch.nba.com/video/teams/magic/2015/11/19/1447902721870-e7a9fdf0-5c23-494b-85ac-1cf0feee9c94.mp4-124738

Really needs to keep attacking the rim instead of taking pull ups. Against Rubio yes but we've seen him drive like this against good guards last year so no reason he isn't do it this year.
i don't mind pullups every once is a while though. as long as he's hitting like 44% of em and they aren't long.
really, i saw elf from last year tonight. i knew once he started to finish at the rim this season he was going to light it up.

outbreak
11-19-2015, 12:53 AM
i don't mind pullups every once is a while though. as long as he's hitting like 44% of em and they aren't long.
really, i saw elf from last year tonight. i knew once he started to finish at the rim this season he was going to light it up.

He's taking and settling for them too often. If he's open I don't mind them but he shouldn't be taking them on multiple possessions with ~18 seconds left on the shot clock.

He looked much more confident, see him directing traffic again? At one point he grabbed Harris's jersey and pushed him to where he wanted him on a jump ball. Haven't seen that passions all season yet but that was a key thing he had last year.

Jameerthefear
11-19-2015, 12:56 AM
He's taking and settling for them too often. If he's open I don't mind them but he shouldn't be taking them on multiple possessions with ~18 seconds left on the shot clock.

He looked much more confident, see him directing traffic again? At one point he grabbed Harris's jersey and pushed him to where he wanted him on a jump ball. Haven't seen that passions all season yet but that was a key thing he had last year.
it was really weird. it was like from tip off he was like "oh yeah i remember how to play basketball again" and then was amazing defensively and offensively.
and yes he showed he can be a leader. funny that he was directing it when tobias is the captain.
one thing i would like to see is him slow it down when we have time advantages. elf seems to always want to capitalize on a break when we could slow it down and settle and get a good shot late in the 4th. i think elfrid is back though. it seems he's found his confidence again

outbreak
11-19-2015, 02:26 AM
it was really weird. it was like from tip off he was like "oh yeah i remember how to play basketball again" and then was amazing defensively and offensively.
and yes he showed he can be a leader. funny that he was directing it when tobias is the captain.
one thing i would like to see is him slow it down when we have time advantages. elf seems to always want to capitalize on a break when we could slow it down and settle and get a good shot late in the 4th. i think elfrid is back though. it seems he's found his confidence again
the teams struggled with slowing it down in a few games this year, they did it at times tonight but I can't remember if it was payton or fournier who held it up. I'm wondering if his hamstring injury was hampering him early this year

outbreak
11-27-2015, 10:30 PM
22pts, 10ast, 10-12 from the field, 1-1 from deep and a +/- of +20. :applause: this kid's useless with zero potential!

Human Error
11-27-2015, 10:45 PM
Elfrid Payton reminds me a lot of Rod Strickland. A very solid PG who can run the point with tough defense. I think Payton will be a borderline all-star someday.