PDA

View Full Version : Lets stop pretending that current Timmy is better than current Dirk

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-12-2015, 12:22 AM
31/11 on 96TS against Blake Griffin...........................Dirk is clearly better and has been for a long time. Peak Timmy is a bit better than peak Dirk, both alltime longevity. Terrific players id be happy to start my franchise with either.

From 2006-2015 so far Dirk was better EVERY season except for 2013 when he was hurt. Lettuce be real tea.

FKAri
11-12-2015, 12:24 AM
Duncan's D has been overrated as fk the last couple years but he's still much better on that end than Dirk.

Are you trying to argue Dirk is better than Timmu ALL-TIME?

no. read op

bigkingsfan
11-12-2015, 12:24 AM
Let's just be honest, let's just be real.

Locked_Up_Tonight
11-12-2015, 12:25 AM
Here is the sad thing:

Dirk is still **carrying** the Mavs on his back like he is a damn mule trekking across the Southwest.

Timmy is basically yukking it up sippin' on tropical drinks and soaking up the sun while other guys doing all the heavy lifting.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
Are you trying to argue Dirk is better than Timmu ALL-TIME?

:yaohappy:
Nope. Timmy is higher. Dirk was definitely better from 06-15 and 2016 so far he has a massive edge.

Timmys prime from 98-05 gives him the edge. His peak was in that time frame, 2002 or 2003. Theyre not far apart at all tho. Timmy is top 10. Dirk is fringe top 10.

Ai2death
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

HighFlyer23
11-12-2015, 12:26 AM
Duncan is hideously overrated

The n!gga hasn't had an elite season in years and has been in the backseat for the longest time

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-12-2015, 12:27 AM
Duncan's D has been overrated as fk the last couple years but he's still much better on that end than Dirk.

no. read op
And Dirks offense is much better than Timmys offense, the gap is even bigger than defense. Lets not pretend that Timmy isnt even a top 5 option on offense anymore and that the Spurs system has made him look so good at his old age on that end of the court.

We finna pretend like Dirk didnt anchor a top 5 offense last season with role players? Hows Monta Ellis playing right now BTW?

LoneyROY7
11-12-2015, 12:27 AM

no. read op

Let me delete my f*cking post in peace. YOU F*CKING SON OF A B*TCH.

b*tch.

T_L_P
11-12-2015, 12:33 AM
07, 13 and last year was Duncan. Every other year in that time span was Dirk, including this year (can you please shot me some posts of people saying 2016 Duncan > 2016 Dirk, since that's what the title of the OP is?)

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-12-2015, 12:34 AM
07, 13 and last year was Duncan. Every other year in that time span was Dirk, including this year (can you please shot me some posts of people saying 2016 Duncan > 2016 Dirk, since that's what the title of the OP is?)
More an extension from last season and 2014 where most nikkas said Timmy was better

T_L_P
11-12-2015, 12:37 AM
More an extension from last season and 2014 where most nikkas said Timmy was better

Yeah, you know the year where Duncan won a ring averaging 16/10/2 throughout the Playoffs and Dirk got locked up by a role player.

And before you talk about how good Splitter is, let me use your Ellis logic: how's he doing in Atlanta?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-12-2015, 12:40 AM
Yeah, you know the year where Duncan won a ring averaging 16/10/2 throughout the Playoffs and Dirk got locked up by a role player.

And before you talk about how good Splitter is, let me use your Ellis logic: how's he doing in Atlanta?
Except Tiago is still playing great defense. Everyone knows he does next to nothing on offense.

Monta is known for his offense and scoring and hes been shit at both.

HighFlyer23
11-12-2015, 12:41 AM
Duncan hasn't cracked 20 ppg since 2006-2007

He's been a system type player since then

Locked_Up_Tonight
TLP... easy for Duncan to have energy for the playoffs when he gets to play 20 minutes a night and never on back to backs.....

FKAri
Let me delete my f*cking post in peace. YOU F*CKING SON OF A B*TCH.

b*tch.

I actually saw you had deleted it. But I had opened another tab to reply so I just copy pasted your post from the first tab just to be an asshole

Kind of pathetic on my part...makes me look pathetic...how do I save face now? uh...r-r-rent-free!

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
TLP... easy for Duncan to have energy for the playoffs when he gets to play 20 minutes a night and never on back to backs.....
This...............Pop is the GOAT coach especially at minute management where it isnt close.

T_L_P
11-12-2015, 12:45 AM

Duncan played 77 games last year at 29 MPG.
Dirk played 77 games last year at 29.6 MPG.

Dirk then went into the Playoffs and averaged 21/10/2 on .550 TS% with horrendous defense (remember him shouting at Tyson because he couldn't defend both Dwight and Smith at the same time) while Duncan put up 18/11/3 on .589 TS% and great defense.

Playoff PER: 24.2 - 18.0 in Duncan's favor
WS/48: .229 - .114 in Duncan's favor
Box +/-: 7.7 - -0.8 in Duncan's favor

Come back when you start paying attention to basketball.

Locked_Up_Tonight
11-12-2015, 12:48 AM
Duncan played 77 games last year at 29 MPG.
Dirk played 77 games last year at 29.6 MPG.

Dirk then went into the Playoffs and averaged 21/10/2 on .550 TS% with horrendous defense (remember him shouting at Tyson because he couldn't defend both Dwight and Smith at the same time) while Duncan put up 18/11/3 on .589 TS% and great defense.

Playoff PER: 24.2 - 18.0 in Duncan's favor
WS/48: .114 - .229 in Duncan's favor
Box +/-: -0.8 - 7.7 in Duncan's favor

Come back when you start paying attention to basketball.

And the year before that Dirk played 500 more minutes than Duncan while still being the number 1 option. So you admit that Dirk played more minutes and faced more of a workload during those minutes.

Hence what I said was accurrate. Duncan has had it easy in the regular season for a long time. Dirk hasn't had that luxury.

T_L_P
11-12-2015, 12:50 AM
So you admit that Dirk played more minutes and faced more of a workload during those minutes.

Hence what I said was acurrate. Duncan has had it easy in the regular season for a long time. Dirk hasn't had that luxury.

You said 'Duncan plays 20 MPG and sits on back to backs'. Duncan played a whopping .6 minutes less last year than Dirk and played the same number of games.

Not sure about the workload. Dirk is an afterthought on defense where you expound more energy (using backward lateral movement) and Duncan is a relative afterthought on offense (though he wasn't for large portions of last year when Kawhi, Parker and Splitter were injured).

Then in the Playoffs Duncan completely obliterated what Dirk did.

Hence, you should start paying more attention...or resort less to stupid hyperbole which isn't close to the truth.

Locked_Up_Tonight
11-12-2015, 12:57 AM
Not sure about the workload. Dirk is an afterthought on defense where you expound more energy (using backward lateral movement) and Duncan is a relative afterthought on offense (though he wasn't for large portions of last year when Kawhi, Parker and Splitter were injured).

There is a huge difference in energy being the guy that teams focus on defensively, and the guy that they don't gameplan for anymore.

Timmy hasn't been the focal point of the Spurs offense in a long long time. Minutes matter. And having to be "the guy" matters even more. Dirk has had to be that for the Mavs for at least the last 15 years. Timmy hasn't been that in at least the last 5. Maybe 10.

Timmy gets to work like a banker. He puts in banker hours. Dirk has to work like a ditchdigger.

Wonder which one will be more rested at the end of their shift?

LoneyROY7
11-12-2015, 12:59 AM
I actually saw you had deleted it. But I had opened another tab to reply so I just copy pasted your post from the first tab just to be an asshole

Kind of pathetic on my part...makes me look pathetic...how do I save face now? uh...r-r-rent-free!

:yaohappy:

nathanjizzle
11-12-2015, 01:17 AM
There is a huge difference in energy being the guy that teams focus on defensively, and the guy they they don't gameplan for anymore.

Timmy hasn't been the focal point of the Spurs offense in a long long time. Minutes matter. And having to be "the guy" mtters even more. Dirk has had to be that for the Mavs for at least the last 15 years. Timmy hasn't been in at least the last 5. Maybe 10.

Timmy gets to work like a banker. He puts in banker hours. Dirk has to work like a ditchdigger.

Wonder which one will be more rested at the end of their shift?

youre reachin. 7 first round knockouts out of 14. 50 percent chance his team gets knocked out of the first round. and 85 percent chance in the 2nd round or before. carry that team dirk.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-12-2015, 01:18 AM
youre reachin. 7 first round knockouts out of 14. 50 percent chance his team gets knocked out of the first round. and 85 percent chance in the 2nd round or before. carry that team dirk.
Dirk already carried a mediocre team to a title.

Meanwhile lil Derrick can barely carry his own legs unless he callin his homies to help like when he calls em to fck one bitch like a homo thug.

nathanjizzle
11-12-2015, 01:26 AM
Dirk already carried a mediocre team to a title.

Meanwhile lil Derrick can barely carry his own legs unless he callin his homies to help like when he calls em to fck one bitch like a homo thug.

http://i68.tinypic.com/21d1id2.png

nathanjizzle
11-12-2015, 01:36 AM
^ let me know what you think hampster, dying to hear your response.

ArbitraryWater
11-12-2015, 02:27 AM
Besides 2013, Dirk has been better since 2006 (I see you said the same).

Top 15 :bowdown:

Fallen Angel
11-12-2015, 02:45 AM
31/11 on 96TS against Blake Griffin...........................Dirk is clearly better and has been for a long time. Peak Timmy is a bit better than peak Dirk, both alltime longevity. Terrific players id be happy to start my franchise with either.

From 2006-2015 so far Dirk was better EVERY season except for 2013 when he was hurt. Lettuce be real tea.
You'd be a better poster to debate with if you learned to format your text correctly.

Stop posting like you're a black dude on the street and use the keyboarding lessons taught to you in middle school so you have legible posts.