PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Criticism

Black and White
11-12-2015, 01:47 AM
Chill on criticising every little aspect of their games at this point, they are ROOKIES, the whole point is to grow and develop as players, it doesn't happen overnight.

People on this board are forgetting that these guys are all younger than most of us, and their careers just started, I read a thread the other day about Okafor being a terrible defender, he still has loads of time to work on it, cut them some slack, I feel like people here are way too critical.

Zinger has been nothing short of amazing :) love what I'm seeing from him. Same with Towns and Okafor.

DoctorP
11-12-2015, 01:55 AM
No excuses.

FKAri
11-12-2015, 02:07 AM
MJ: 6 rings
Towns: 0 rings

I'm not hating but those are just facts.

EllEffEll
11-12-2015, 02:23 AM
The one-and-dones are mostly like half baked bread. Not ready for public consumption at that level. Lucky for them, they get to collect a nice paycheck for interning on our dime. If you put yourself into the draft, put on the uniform, and cashed the check, then you're subject to the same criticism as everyone else. Relatively few reach their alleged potential. I hope they are smart enough to put some money away for later.

My hope is for a system that would pay them something while they play college ball, so they might be more inclined to stay in school, and earn a useful degree, not to mention to hone their basketball chops as well.

I understand that they want to earn that cheddar now, but I don't think it really equates to earning more over the span of a career for most of them (some of the more successful players, yes, but not most IMHO), as they'll only stay in the league as long as they would have anyway, it's just at a younger age. There's always a new crop of rookies to take their place, and only so many spots on a limited number of teams.

FreezingTsmoove
11-12-2015, 02:29 AM
D Angelo drafted for his length and height, only 1 block on the season :lol

FireDavidKahn
11-12-2015, 02:36 AM
Towns is already a top 50 player in the nba. Only gonna climb as the season goes on.:applause:

FKAri
11-12-2015, 02:38 AM
Towns is already a top 50 player in the nba. Only gonna climb as the season goes on.:applause:

0-0

When your playoffs record looks like a smiley face you're an empty stats loser.

I<3NBA
11-12-2015, 04:31 AM
if they're so eager to enter the NBA, they should be ready for the criticism.

it's a man's league. it's not for boys.

they shuda stayed in school and polished their game.

PickernRoller
11-12-2015, 04:49 AM
D Angelo drafted for his length and height, only 1 block on the season :lol

Spec sheet on Russel was missing the lift metric: 0.02 inches.

bobopenguin
11-12-2015, 05:34 AM
i dont see issues when comparing between rookies?

right now towns, okafor, mudiay, porzingis are all perfoming nicely... dangelo not so much.