PDA

View Full Version : Mudiay is the ..

NuggetsFan
11-12-2015, 06:10 AM
Youngest player since '78 to have 11 assists or more with 1 or fewer turnovers.

Kinda arbitrary but thought it was pretty cool as a Nuggets fan. Especially given his struggles turning it over. He hasn't really been playing out of control but more just struggling with being careless with the ball. Think he'll continue to bring his turnovers down and you can see it with the eye test but probably not if your just watching boxscores.

Had 18/6/5 on 50% shooting last game with clutch assists, buckets, FT's, and blocks. Was a pretty amazing performance for a 19 year old PG. Hit some clutch FT's tonight as well. Nuggets were pegged as a bottom 5 team by most, bottom 3 by alot. Currently 4-4 and Mudiay has played a pretty big part in that. Averages 16/9/4 on 37% shooting in Denver's 4 wins.

His efficiency numbers are only going to go up from here. Only shooting 33% from the field at the moment. He's been taking alot of insanely difficult bailout shots. I think his court vision is pretty special. The fact he's been so inefficient but managed to have a positive impact is pretty crazy to watch.

ArbitraryWater
11-12-2015, 06:15 AM
Good Insight :applause:

Kiddlovesnets
11-12-2015, 06:35 AM
Well hes shooting like 30% from the field, even worse than the chucker Brandon Jennings.

NuggetsFan
11-12-2015, 06:47 AM
Well hes shooting like 30% from the field, even worse than the chucker Brandon Jennings.

True. His shot selection has been awful. Every jumper is a step back, lots of deep 3's, bailout shots, and he's just not finishing/getting the calls. He's close to 33% right now and that obviously will climb a little bit. I see him finishing the season in the 38-43 range. Only been 8 games and has had some really bad games shooting the ball.

Kinda why I made this thread. Some of his stats kinda overshadow how good he's been. He's been controlling the Nuggets offense in a few games as a 19 year old on a team that was projected and most likely still winds up pretty awful. Sitting at .500 currently.

He's been awful shooting the ball but the other parts of his game have been impressive. He's been pretty clutch, good defensively, pretty amazing court vision. Like I pointed out in the OP as well his efficiency has been alot higher in our wins so far.

SpaceJam
11-12-2015, 07:13 AM
Only player to have 10+ turnovers on debut to I believe

But for real, I got high hopes on Mudiay, I wanna see him do well

NuggetsFan
11-12-2015, 07:36 AM
Only player to have 10+ turnovers on debut to I believe

But for real, I got high hopes on Mudiay, I wanna see him do well

Yeah that was pretty brutal. If you watched the game tho of those 11 turnovers one was at the very end when the game was over and he just didn't pay attention. Few of his teammates missed a pass or two, think he had a travel, few calls that could have gone either way. Which I'm sure you could do for everybody so kinda making excuses but I think it's a pretty good sign that his turnovers will eventually come down.

Averaging 3.2 turnovers in his last 5. 1 tonight. 2 last game. He was controlling the offense, getting dimes and getting guys sent to the line. With all the young PG's coming in kinda surprised me he was the youngest to do something like this when I seen the Nuggets announcer tweet it.

Prime_Shaq
11-12-2015, 08:05 AM
I actually liked what I've seen from him so far, I could definitely see him as a Billups-type player in the near future

HenryGarfunkle
11-12-2015, 08:08 AM
Are the Nuggets ever gonna break free from mediocrity?

fiddy
11-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Dont think so

NugzFan
11-12-2015, 10:42 AM

Are the only other choices to win a title (or at least come close) or be absolutely terrible?

But considering no one had us out of the bottom 5 this year, I think the answer to your question is already yes.

NugzFan
11-12-2015, 10:43 AM
I actually liked what I've seen from him so far, I could definitely see him as a Billups-type player in the near future

:cheers:

Uncle Drew
11-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Not a real PG according to Byron Scott. :roll:

DMV2
11-12-2015, 11:42 AM
I find his poor FT% more troublesome. 65% ewwww!

32% FG is ugly but I never cared too much a PG's shooting % as most PGs shoot 40-44% anyway. Very rare to have Stockton and Nash type PGs nowadays.

Cut down on them turnovers and make them freebies, and he'll be good.

kshutts1
11-12-2015, 11:48 AM
I have not watched him, but I've considered him more of a Lowry-type.

I could see him being a 18/5/7/2/.7 PG with a 1-2 threes a game by year three... which is essentially what Lowry is now. Then I see his peak/prime being more like a worse Westbrook.

I have not watched him play, though. Just watched box scores. So my "scouting" could be hilariously off. But difference between Lowry and Billups is the rebounding for Lowry and the lights-out shooting for Billups.

Nastradamus
11-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Mudiay is more like Wall than Lowry. He's not like Billups at all

NugzFan
11-12-2015, 02:15 PM
His passing/vision for a 19 year old is insanely good. Yes he gets a lot of turnovers but those will come down eventually.

FKAri
11-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Is Tyreke Evans still in the league?

NugzFan
11-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Is Tyreke Evans still in the league?

Pelicans?

r0drig0lac
11-12-2015, 03:33 PM
future all star

AnaheimLakers24
11-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Future ty lawson

NugzFan
11-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Future ty lawson

:oldlol: wouldn't that be ironic?

HylianNightmare
11-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Best pg in the draft

Ai2death
11-12-2015, 04:24 PM
His vision has been insane the last few games, him and Hickson look like they've been playing together forever, he always hits him for a score. Especially in crunch time!

NuggetsFan
11-12-2015, 08:48 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2015/11/12/jason-kidd-emmanuel-mudiay/13431/

So apparently Jason Kidd was really impressed :oldlol: I know it's just coach speak but that's some pretty good praise from a HOFer for a rookie PG.

buddha
11-12-2015, 08:49 PM
he's so much better than Russell.

NuggetsFan
11-12-2015, 08:52 PM
he's so much better than Russell.

In Russell's defense he's getting way more attention and has way more eyes on him. People don't really seem to care much about Mudiay/Nuggets. Maybe to troll Laker fans saying Mudiay is better, or Laker fans trashing Mudiay to prop up Russell.

Still incredibly early. Feels like with the 24/7 news cycle/internet every year people expect more out of rookies early on. 5-6 years ago this bust talk doesn't happen. In 2015 after 3 games some people give up on a player :lol

r0drig0lac
11-12-2015, 08:59 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2015/11/12/jason-kidd-emmanuel-mudiay/13431/

So apparently Jason Kidd was really impressed :oldlol: I know it's just coach speak but that's some pretty good praise from a HOFer for a rookie PG.

Mudiay/Giannis/Middleton/Parker/Monroe

outbreak
11-12-2015, 09:07 PM
turn overs and shot selection are his issues, which are solvable and common in young point guards. Give him time but I like how he projects. I see him making a good run after the all star break

outbreak
11-12-2015, 09:09 PM
In Russell's defense he's getting way more attention and has way more eyes on him. People don't really seem to care much about Mudiay/Nuggets. Maybe to troll Laker fans saying Mudiay is better, or Laker fans trashing Mudiay to prop up Russell.

Still incredibly early. Feels like with the 24/7 news cycle/internet every year people expect more out of rookies early on. 5-6 years ago this bust talk doesn't happen. In 2015 after 3 games some people give up on a player :lol
The majority of the talk here is a reaction to the lakers hyping and thread making any time Russell does something decent. He makes one good pass and there's posts about how much better he is than every other teams prospects, before even playing a game we had threads about how he would be an all star this year. Things like that make people want to rub it in when he under performs.

NBAplayoffs2001
11-12-2015, 09:56 PM

Marbury raved about the kid before the draft. Mudiay still HAS a lot to improve on. I like the kid a lot but he needs to improve his jump shot, shot selection, passing. His turnovers are better controlled in the past few games.