PDA

View Full Version : A theory on why Anthony Davis is not living up to the hype

JohnMax
11-12-2015, 06:50 AM
My thought is that after he came into the NBA his body continued to grow. Unless he shows us something else, I think he's lost some explosiveness, because he's too long. I see him struggle with some of the muscle-bound NBA players, its either that, or he just refuses to take over games and wants to do it within his offense.

Towns is more compact and explosive but does everything well, with a high IQ like you said.

Unfortunately, AD appears a freak, but his game hasn't translated to this point. Towns looks better.

To me, AD and Porzingis are in the same boat.

Towns and Okafor are in the same boat. Both a little undersized but compact enough to use their length really well.

I know this is retarded but look at Manute Bol, how long was he. He was so long it limited his effectiveness on the court.

Source (http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/kat)

ShaqTwizzle
11-12-2015, 07:02 AM
So basically the theory is that Davis has grown more?
While that could maybe make sense is their any actual evidence that Davis has "grown" in recent months/years?

:durantunimpressed:

HenryGarfunkle
11-12-2015, 07:03 AM
Didn't read

it's november f@ggot, he's the real deal

brooks_thompson
11-12-2015, 07:49 AM
I'll take the Calvin Gentry theory

FireDavidKahn
11-12-2015, 11:24 AM
AD is an interesting case. At UK he was a defensive juggernaut and his offense wasn't so good.

SO far in the pro's his offensive game has exploded so far beyond believe and yet his defense hasn't translated over as expected. Still a top 5 player though.:cheers:

DMAVS41
11-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Game hasn't translated? Did you watch any basketball last year?

Please...tap the brakes on the conclusions after a few games.

WorldWarriors
11-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Why for the love of God did they fire the coach that got them to the playoffs? Then replace him with Alvin Gentry of all the coaches on earth. He came in immediately wanting to add the 3 pt shot to his game. Coaching should devise a system around his star not try to mold his star to fit into a system.

Lebronxrings
11-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Didn't read

it's november f@ggot, he's the real deal
based on what? You seem insecure and very afraid my friend. :D

FireDavidKahn
11-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Game hasn't translated? Did you watch any basketball last year?

Please...tap the brakes on the conclusions after a few games.
Did you read what I said at all?:rolleyes: :facepalm

Nastradamus
11-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Uh, he is living up to the hype.......

538.com recently did a project, for example. They ranked all the long term assets in the NBA based on future projections and gave top 5 comparisons for each player. Davis was ranked #1 overall and was considered to be too good to compare to Kevin Garnett. So a significantly better KG is what we're talking here.

Pushxx
11-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Lol AD willed his team into the playoffs last year. The Pelicans have bad coaching and a poorly constructed roster of underachieving, injury-prone players. I'm gonna give AD a huge pass here.

DMAVS41
11-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Did you read what I said at all?:rolleyes: :facepalm

Sorry...didn't know you were only talking defense

oarabbus
11-12-2015, 03:13 PM
I'll take the Calvin Gentry theory

Who the f.uck is "Calvin Gentry" :oldlol:

dunksby
11-12-2015, 03:50 PM
He is adjusting to opponents focusing and planning specifically to stop him, Pelicans missing their other scoring threat in Evans is also playing a factor.

CeltsGarlic
11-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Uh, he is living up to the hype.......

538.com recently did a project, for example. They ranked all the long term assets in the NBA based on future projections and gave top 5 comparisons for each player. Davis was ranked #1 overall and was considered to be too good to compare to Kevin Garnett. So a significantly better KG is what we're talking here.

Youre talking like its a fact. If someone could put on wikipedia that "Anthony Davis is a significantly better KG".
:facepalm

LONGTIME
11-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Lol AD willed his team into the playoffs last year. The Pelicans have bad coaching and a poorly constructed roster of underachieving, injury-prone players. I'm gonna give AD a huge pass here.

:oldlol: BS he didn't.