PDA

View Full Version : Are the Warriors what the league envisioned...

DoctorP
11-13-2015, 12:07 AM
... when they changed the offensive and defensive rules in the early 2000's?

The spacing, the shooting, the defense, the speed.

The Warriors got it.

LikeMike
11-13-2015, 12:09 AM

The Warriors got it.

No. They wanted easier paths to the basket for flashy dunks.

r0drig0lac
11-13-2015, 12:13 AM
they are an anomaly because they have the goat shooter. No Curry (and his circus shots that only he can do), the results would be more balanced, because no other player in history could do this.

WorldWarriors
11-13-2015, 12:14 AM

The Warriors got it. The rules were changed for players like Dirk and Nash be caused Cuban lobbied for a lot of those changes. It kind of backfired on him when Wade used the new rules to get the whistles in the finals against them (2006?)

FKAri
11-13-2015, 12:15 AM
they are an anomaly because they have the goat shooter. No Curry (and his circus shots that only he can do), the results would be more balanced, because no other player in history could do this.

Guys in the future will do this tho. This will become the blueprint if they back to back.

The rules were changed for players like Dirk and Nash be caused Cuban lobbied for a lot of those changes. It kind of backfired on him when Wade used the new rules to get the whistles in the finals against them (2006?)

I think you pulled that out of your ass. Those changes had nothing to do with Mark fkin Cuban

DoctorP
11-13-2015, 12:16 AM
Guys in the future will do this tho. This will become the blueprint if they back to back.

Good shooting should always be a blueprint. It's awesome.

r0drig0lac
11-13-2015, 12:16 AM

I think you pulled that out of your ass. Those changes had nothing to do with Mark fkin Cuban
maybe, but so far this is an anomaly

WorldWarriors
11-13-2015, 12:27 AM

Oh my. Didn't pull it out of my ass. I do recall him being interviewed during that period and mentioned how he lobbied for it.

I don't have to make stuff up. it's not that serious.:oldlol:

FKAri
11-13-2015, 12:29 AM
Oh my. Didn't pull it out of my pass. I do recall him being interviewed during that period and mentioned how he lobbied for it.

I don't have to make stuff up. it's not that serious.:oldlol:

ok my bad. Anyway, the league wanted to basically make it easier for flashy guard play. They wanted another Jordan.

WorldWarriors
11-13-2015, 12:32 AM
ok my bad. Anyway, the league wanted to basically make it easier for flashy guard play. They wanted another Jordan. ah ok. I'm gonna try and dig up that Cuban interview. Can't believe it was almost a decade ago.

Marchesk
11-13-2015, 01:05 AM

I guess Kobe didn't make those kind of 3pt shots?

Jesus, the Curry hype is absurd.

LONGTIME
11-13-2015, 01:09 AM

:biggums:

warriorfan
11-13-2015, 01:13 AM
WorldWarriors is right, Cuban was one of the main guys lobbying for the defensive rule changes.

1987_Lakers
11-13-2015, 01:15 AM
What makes this Warriors team unique is that they are a great offensive team that scores in bunches and love to run, but they are also a dominant defensive team as well.

The NBA has never seen a run n gun team that is dominant on the defensive end like Golden State.

GIF REACTION
11-13-2015, 01:20 AM
What makes this Warriors team unique is that they are a great offensive team that scores in bunches and love to run, but they are also a dominant defensive team as well.

The NBA has never seen a run n gun team that is dominant on the defensive end like Golden State.
Sac Kings 02

1987_Lakers
11-13-2015, 01:23 AM
Sac Kings 02

Warriors defense is much better, Bogut, Iggy, & Green are all elite defenders, and throw in Klay & Barnes who can D up as well.

Sac in no way had the defenders Golden State had.

knicksman
11-13-2015, 01:25 AM
The rule changes are for superstars. They wanted to create the next jordan so they want players to have jordan like stats. And thats why you see alot of rigged games coz they are actually manufacturing careers to be more like mike. Now that stern is gone. Were back to teamball

GIF REACTION
11-13-2015, 01:26 AM
"The NBA has never seen a run n gun team that is dominant on the defensive end like Golden State."

Reword your comments next time

Kings = 1st in pace
Kings = top 6 defense

GIF REACTION
11-13-2015, 01:27 AM
2003 Kings

1st in pace
2nd best defense

GIF REACTION
11-13-2015, 01:29 AM
Next time make sure to say "As dominant"

1987_Lakers
11-13-2015, 01:33 AM
"The NBA has never seen a run n gun team that is dominant on the defensive end like Golden State."

Reword your comments next time

Kings = 1st in pace
Kings = top 6 defense

I said dominant "like" Golden State. Warriors D shits on Sac.:cheers:

GIF REACTION
11-13-2015, 01:35 AM
Still can be interpreted like the way I answered

Should of said "As dominant"

My comment is still valid

You need to pick your wording carefully. Don't be surprised when you get answers like this

GIF REACTION
11-13-2015, 01:36 AM
If you had said "Dominant like Golden State on the defensive end"

You'd have a point

1987_Lakers
11-13-2015, 01:37 AM
Still can be interpreted like the way I answered

Should of said "As dominant"

My comment is still valid

You need to pick your wording carefully. Don't be surprised when you get answers like this

Your comment is shit, not valid.

warriorfan
11-13-2015, 01:37 AM
snitch reaction needs to stick to playing word games because he doesnt know shit about basketball

plowking
11-13-2015, 01:39 AM

No. Kobe didn't shoot 45% on threes.

That is just... ummm, fact.

GIF REACTION
11-13-2015, 01:40 AM
Your comment is shit, not valid.
Don't get salty

You typed a grammatical error

I am not demeaning the Warriors

Simply gave an accurate response for the original comment you made

AnaheimLakers24
11-13-2015, 01:46 AM
Best team northern cali has ever seen and ever had. Really hoping to see if the can get 72+ wins

Marchesk
11-13-2015, 01:48 AM
No. Kobe didn't shoot 45% on threes.

That is just... ummm, fact.

The statement you made was that nobody in the history of the game could make the kind of circus shots Curry makes. That's false.

Go find Kobe's best 10 game stretch and see what he shot from threes. Of course he wasn't consistently that kind of shooter, but again, you stated that nobody else in the history of the game could make those kind of shots.

Marchesk
11-13-2015, 01:50 AM
Best team northern cali has ever seen and ever had. Really hoping to see if the can get 72+ wins

The 80s 49ers say hi.

plowking
11-13-2015, 02:02 AM
The statement you made was that nobody in the history of the game could make the kind of circus shots Curry makes. That's false.

Go find Kobe's best 10 game stretch and see what he shot from threes. Of course he wasn't consistently that kind of shooter, but again, you stated that nobody else in the history of the game could make those kind of shots.

Sure, anyone can start hurling up any type of shots they want. Go have a look at the threes Wade was hitting against Boston in 2010. Guess we can put him on that list.

GIF REACTION
11-13-2015, 02:04 AM
The 80s 49ers say hi.
:applause:

Smoke117
11-13-2015, 02:08 AM
No. They wanted easier paths to the basket for flashy dunks.

They may have wanted that...but they have is now a league where a perimeter player can do whatever he wants...it's really more about how good he is and not the defense he is going against. Curry is the greatest shooter of all time...clearly. You can't touch him now with these rules so he's basically unstoppable. He's the best player in the league...because these rules have made him that. He wouldn't be close to as good as he is if a defender could hand check or body him.

FashionIssues
11-13-2015, 02:09 AM
what rule changes you speak of?

GIF REACTION
11-13-2015, 02:11 AM
what rule changes you speak of?
He's obviously talking about the 04 Handcheck reinterpretation and 2001 removal of illegal defense

A more skill based game where the ball does not stick