PDA

View Full Version : Zach Lavine, the tanking machine

JtotheIzzo
11-13-2015, 12:51 AM
I cannot recall a worse defender in my entire basketball watching life (and I was a Steve Nash homer).

It is near impossible to win if he is playing meaningful minutes. He gives almost zero effort on the defensive end of the court.

NBA GMs have to be aware of this, and it makes me wonder how soon he will get dealt if the Wolves become decent. Which rebuilding team will go after he for strategic lottery placement?

It's getting hard to watch.

tpols
11-13-2015, 12:54 AM
did getting crazy praise for being such a great dunker get to his head and make him lose focus on developing his game?

FreezingTsmoove
11-13-2015, 12:56 AM
did getting crazy praise for being such a great dunker get to his head and make him lose focus on developing his game?

He went hard this summer hes just not good a 5 on 5 basketball. Wasnt exactly good at UCLA either

Foster5k
11-13-2015, 12:57 AM
But, but he can dunk like Vince Carter...

FKAri
11-13-2015, 01:01 AM
He went hard this summer hes just not good a 5 on 5 basketball. Wasnt exactly good at UCLA either

Some guys can work all they want AND have all the "tools" but they don't have any actual talent for basketball. These guys at least become good to great defensive players tho.

SwishSquared
11-13-2015, 01:03 AM
Trade him to the Lakers this offseason if they keep their pick lol.

I cannot understand why he plays so many mins at PG. He clearly is awful at it. Unless their plan is to tank to add Simmons or Ingram. Which would be a brilliant ploy actually haha.

I think they should still prioritize giving mins to guys like Bjelica, Shabazz, Dieng, Jones, Lavine, and Payne though. Have to figure out if these guys fit long-term. Especially Shabazz imo. Bjelica will be too old by the time the team is ready to compete.

raprap
11-13-2015, 01:07 AM
He has no grasp of team defense. It was so funny watching him lose curry through screens. Even steph was smiling on how easy it was for him to get open. No iq and effort. He's still young tho, but if Im the twolves, he shouldn't be a part of this rebuild. Trade his ass for a draft pick. :cheers:

Foster5k
11-13-2015, 01:11 AM
It's sad that a guy that can pull off a behind the back, through the legs, wind mill dunk, can't play D.

I<3NBA
11-13-2015, 07:26 AM
he's even worse with the ball. how many turnovers does he have every night? i mean, opposing PGs just laugh at him and pick the ball with ease against him. wth?

StephHamann
11-13-2015, 07:27 AM
Are you high OP? Look at his defense:

https://media.giphy.com/media/GjrpDwIFKMUso/giphy.gif

steal + dunk

r0drig0lac
11-13-2015, 08:13 AM

steal + dunk
:applause:

keantona
11-13-2015, 08:17 AM

steal + dunk

:oldlol:

LakersForlife
11-13-2015, 08:21 AM
that defense on curry around 1st quarter 6 min. lavine just walking down the park . **** this kid thats some james hardenn defense might be worse