PDA

View Full Version : Clippers bench production.

bdreason
11-13-2015, 04:44 AM
Austin Rivers - 8/1/1 on 42% in 22 mpg
Jamal Crawford - 10/1/2 on 36% in 22 mpg
Josh Smith - 5/4/1/ on 35% in 14 mpg
Paul Pierce - 6/5/2 on 35% in 21 mpg

buddha
11-13-2015, 04:47 AM
too many low-iq chuckers. at least Crawford is good in that role and Josh Smith can have his moments. Austin Rivers is only in the NBA because his dad is a coach.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-13-2015, 04:48 AM
Doc Rivers is a worse GM than Jordan

TheImmortal
11-13-2015, 05:03 AM
That's plenty good for a championship team.. Clippers bench is insanely talented and can probably beat some teams starting 5 tbqh. Not their fault that their "leader" is a *****.

bdreason
11-13-2015, 03:48 PM
That's plenty good for a championship team.

Your top 4 guys off the bench shooting ~35% isn't good enough to make the playoffs out West.

Young X
11-13-2015, 04:06 PM
This is the only thing holding them back from being a contender.

Their core of Paul/Redick/Griffin/Jordan is probably the most dominant in the league.

But they don't get anything from their bench. They were basically a 4-man team last season and it looks that way this season as well. They just look like a bunch of idiots who can't shoot out there.

This is why the Warriors/Spurs/Cavs are on a higher tier than any other team. They have great cores while having solid contributors off the bench. They don't have that huge dropoff when their 2nd units enter games.

It's still early but they look like the same team from last season. Really good but not a contender. Just like the Grizzlies.

SwishSquared
11-13-2015, 04:15 PM
This is why some cautioned not to do the typical "no-excuses" stuff over the summer. Blake Griffin is basically their only other playmaker than CP3. Doc needed to get another PG other than his own son. Prigioni may be washed up but Rivers can't play 22mpg on a team with title aspirations. They also play Crawford too many mins.

I'm optimistic that Josh Smith can recapture the Houston magic. Pierce is way too old to be relied upon. Lance needs to "boom" for them, else their summer acquisitions would be all busts.

Should have honestly signed a guy like Lin with their mini MLE and given Pierce a vet min.

TemporaMutantur
11-13-2015, 04:18 PM
This is the only thing holding them back from being a contender.

Their core of Paul/Redick/Griffin/Jordan is probably the most dominant in the league.

But they don't get anything from their bench. They were basically a 4-man team last season and it looks that way this season as well. They just look like a bunch of idiots who can't shoot out there.

This is why the Warriors/Spurs/Cavs are on a higher tier than any other team. They have great cores while having solid contributors off the bench. They don't have that huge dropoff when their 2nd units enter games.

It's still early but they look like the same team from last season. Really good but not a contender. Just like the Grizzlies.

Word, their core truly is nice, but DJ really has bring up his FT%, it's a major loose end.

He said that he's made some adjustments to his form, so hopefully he somehow miraculous can bring it up to 60%, hell 55%.

STATUTORY
11-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Austin Rivers is only in the NBA because his dad is a coach.
Best player on that bench doe :lol

FKAri
11-13-2015, 04:23 PM
Austin Rivers' signature move:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-13-2015/ekbK13.gif

Mass Debator
11-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Jeremy Lin outdoes all of them. Should've picked him up

bdreason
11-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Clippers title riding on the shoulders of Austin Rivers?

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh236/bdreason/CloseIllFritillarybutterfly_zps3misvpeg.gif (http://s257.photobucket.com/user/bdreason/media/CloseIllFritillarybutterfly_zps3misvpeg.gif.html)

ClipperRevival
11-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Damm, people overreacting as usual. The biggest issue with Clippers so far is actually CP3 himself. He had already lost a half step last year but this year, he is breaking down defenders even less. At his peak, he was able to break down anyone, anywhere on the court and get to the rack. He can't do that anymore. He also used to be able to get off a shot almost anywhere. He can't do that anymore either. He has been mostly a facilitator this year so far. Now, I know he is truly great and he will probably pick it up but his play has been subpar and that's a big reason why they are 5-4. Superstars need to play like superstars for a title contending team to contend.

And obviously, the bench has a lot of talent but it still hasn't meshed yet. The guys need some time to jell together and get to know each other's tendencies. And yeah, so far, Lance sucks. He lacks bball IQ and feel for the game. Too much dancing around and spinning and not enough substance.

But let's not forget there are a lot of new pieces on this team. They need time to jell. But what worries me most right now is CP3 and how little he's impacting the game in terms of breaking down defenders and creating for others.

Cocaine80s
11-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Just wait till Doc drafts Spencer Rivers in a few years :roll: :roll: :roll:

ClipperRevival
11-13-2015, 04:52 PM
And in fairness to Austin, he has improved his skill set. People making fun of him haven't watched the games. He is playing with better control and making more positive plays and not just the dumb ones. He clearly possesses rare athleticism, explosion and quickness. He's only 23. If he continues to work on his game, he can be a solid NBA player.

STATUTORY
11-13-2015, 05:02 PM
And in fairness to Austin, he has improved his skill set. People making fun of him haven't watched the games. He is playing with better control and making more positive plays and not just the dumb ones. He clearly possesses rare athleticism, explosion and quickness. He's only 23. If he continues to work on his game, he can be a solid NBA player.

He rustled a lot of fans early on cuz his swag/game ratio was through the roof

senelcoolidge
11-13-2015, 05:18 PM
The Clippers have kinks to fix. They have new players and some early injuries. They'll be fine. I'd rather go through a mini slump early than late in the season. The Warriors will hit the wall at some point...have a mini slump..probably late in the year like some key injuries.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-13-2015, 05:22 PM
Austin Rivers' signature move:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrK2Fv1s0qk

Fallen Angel
11-13-2015, 05:27 PM
In a world where Austin Rivers is better than Paul Pierce, Jamal Crawford, and Josh Smith...

warriorfan
11-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Austin Rivers - 8/1/1 on 42% in 22 mpg
Jamal Crawford - 10/1/2 on 36% in 22 mpg
Josh Smith - 5/4/1/ on 35% in 14 mpg
Paul Pierce - 6/5/2 on 35% in 21 mpg

looks like some of Klay Thompson's statlines as of late

Fallen Angel
11-13-2015, 05:35 PM
But ISH taught me Josh Smith saved the Rockets by beating these same Clippers

:lol

ArbitraryWater
11-13-2015, 05:37 PM
too many low-iq chuckers. at least Crawford is good in that role and Josh Smith can have his moments. Austin Rivers is only in the NBA because his dad is a coach.

Rivers is the best out of that lot :facepalm

Bosnian Sajo
11-13-2015, 05:41 PM
To this day I have no idea why Josh Smith joined this team. He beat them as the starter last year, did he not? And joined forces with a weaker team to play off the bench 15 minutes a game? Killed his career with this move.

SwishSquared
11-13-2015, 05:54 PM
To this day I have no idea why Josh Smith joined this team. He beat them as the starter last year, did he not? And joined forces with a weaker team to play off the bench 15 minutes a game? Killed his career with this move.My guess is it had in part to do with the fact that he owns a house in LA. Maybe he also thought he'd get plenty PT as the 3rd big on a team that gets lots of exposure in hopes securing a multi-year deal this offseason.

TheImmortal
11-14-2015, 01:37 AM
Damm, people overreacting as usual. The biggest issue with Clippers so far is actually CP3 himself. He had already lost a half step last year but this year, he is breaking down defenders even less. At his peak, he was able to break down anyone, anywhere on the court and get to the rack. He can't do that anymore. He also used to be able to get off a shot almost anywhere. He can't do that anymore either. He has been mostly a facilitator this year so far. Now, I know he is truly great and he will probably pick it up but his play has been subpar and that's a big reason why they are 5-4. Superstars need to play like superstars for a title contending team to contend.

And obviously, the bench has a lot of talent but it still hasn't meshed yet. The guys need some time to jell together and get to know each other's tendencies. And yeah, so far, Lance sucks. He lacks bball IQ and feel for the game. Too much dancing around and spinning and not enough substance.

But let's not forget there are a lot of new pieces on this team. They need time to jell. But what worries me most right now is CP3 and how little he's impacting the game in terms of breaking down defenders and creating for others.
Bolded are too true.

bdreason
11-14-2015, 05:38 AM
To this day I have no idea why Josh Smith joined this team.

He took less money as well. I believe the Rockets were offering him MLE money, and he took the Vet Min from the Clippers. :confusedshrug: