PDA

View Full Version : Jahill Okafor = Poor man's Brook Lopez

Kiddlovesnets
11-13-2015, 11:26 PM
The similarity is stunning, both are very good offensive centers and mediocre rebounders. Lopez is taller but also more injury-prone. What do you think, do you agree that Okafor is poor man's Lopez right now, and do you think he will one day surpass Lopez?

tmacattack33
11-13-2015, 11:30 PM
Yes, current 19 year old Okafor can indeed be compared to prime Lopez, you are correct.

Kiddlovesnets
11-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Yes, current 19 year old Okafor can indeed be compared to prime Lopez, you are correct.

Well Okafor is very close to his peak anyway, dude does not have much room for improvement as compared to Towns, Russell, Porginzis and Mudiay.

Goofsta Knicca
11-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Lopez = most punchable looking face in the league

Magic 32
11-13-2015, 11:35 PM
Sixers are just built to lose.

It's amazing.

tmacattack33
11-13-2015, 11:43 PM
Well Okafor is very close to his peak anyway, dude does not have much room for improvement as compared to Towns, Russell, Porginzis and Mudiay.

Why not...rebounding has been able to be improved upon by many. He can also lose some fat and i'm sure he can eventually look pretty beast and that'll help his athleticism. His jump shot can improve as well.

Nick Young
11-13-2015, 11:46 PM
Obviously he can improve his rebounding and defense.

Kiddlovesnets
11-13-2015, 11:57 PM
Obviously he can improve his rebounding and defense.

I thought the same for Brook Lopez, but his rebounding never improved.
:rolleyes:

JimmyMcAdocious
11-13-2015, 11:59 PM
How did he shoot 3-18? It's not like he's jacking up jumpers out there.

That's one of the worst percentages on that kind of volume I've seen from a true low post player. Particularly one not undersized in the least.

Kiddlovesnets
11-14-2015, 12:01 AM

That's one of the worst percentages on that kind of volume I've seen from a true low post player. Particularly one not undersized in the least.

Well Brook Lopez shot this kind of percentage against Dwight Howard, so its something I've seen enough as a Nets fan. Okafor really resembles Lopez in almost every way.

Akrazotile
11-14-2015, 12:03 AM
The similarity is stunning, both are very good offensive centers and mediocre rebounders. Lopez is taller but also more injury-prone. What do you think, do you agree that Okafor is poor man's Lopez right now, and do you think he will one day surpass Lopez?

Okafor been in the L for like a week and a half, how you gonna compare their injury histories :lol

tmacattack33
11-14-2015, 12:11 AM

He got blocked by Kanter, Adams, and Ibaka around 6 or 7 times. OKC has a lot of length.

Anyway, a PF or C shooting at least 15 times and shooting below 20% on them has happened 55 times since 2000. And the list includes Tim Duncan, C. Webber, Yao, Antonio Davis, Pau, Stoudemire, Bosh, Sheed, Jermaine O'neal, and Carlos Boozer. Basically every big guy who's ever been an all-star since 2000 is on the list (well besides Shaq). So i wouldn't be worried.

The list: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=2000&year_max=2016&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=fg_pct&c1comp=lt&c1val=20&c2stat=fga&c2comp=gt&c2val=15&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

fsvr54
11-14-2015, 12:12 AM
1 game

People overreact way too much

JimmyMcAdocious
11-14-2015, 12:19 AM
He got blocked by Kanter, Adams, and Ibaka around 6 or 7 times. OKC has a lot of length.

Anyway, a PF or C shooting at least 15 times and shooting below 20% on them has happened 55 times since 2000. And the list includes Tim Duncan, C. Webber, Yao, Antonio Davis, Pau, Stoudemire, Bosh, Sheed, Jermaine O'neal, and Carlos Boozer. Basically every big guy who's ever been an all-star since 2000 is on the list (well besides Shaq). So i wouldn't be worried.

The list: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=2000&year_max=2016&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=fg_pct&c1comp=lt&c1val=20&c2stat=fga&c2comp=gt&c2val=15&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Exactly. 55 times since 2000. In what, 35000+ games in that span? Something like that. Impressively shit game.

tmacattack33
11-14-2015, 12:23 AM
Exactly. 55 times since 2000. In what, 35000+ games in that span? Something like that. Impressively shit game.

Duncan, Webber, Bosh, Yao, and Antonio Davis are on there three times each.

One game doesn't mean much.

tmacattack33
11-14-2015, 12:30 AM
But yes, it was a terrible game for Okafor.

I'm sure he'll be back up to 15+ points in the next game though.

SwishSquared
11-14-2015, 01:18 AM
I'd be more concerned with the lazy defensive effort and improper boxing out than the horrid offensive performance.

Guys have an off game on offense. He was bad all-around tonight.

I think he's playing way too many mins for the type of shape he's in. He still is not in NBA game shape, which is a bad excuse, but something he has to work on if he wants to dominate. That being said, he does make mental mistakes on both sides of the ball, moreso on D, which negatively impacts his impact.

FKAri
11-14-2015, 01:51 AM
I'd be more concerned with the lazy defensive effort and improper boxing out than the horrid offensive performance.

Guys have an off game on offense. He was bad all-around tonight.

I think he's playing way too many mins for the type of shape he's in. He still is not in NBA game shape, which is a bad excuse, but something he has to work on if he wants to dominate. That being said, he does make mental mistakes on both sides of the ball, moreso on D, which negatively impacts his impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4TyMpNrTfc

dabigbaws
11-14-2015, 02:33 AM
OKC defence is just amazing tbh, can't blame him

Akrazotile
11-14-2015, 03:27 AM

But what about girth?

STATUTORY
11-14-2015, 12:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4TyMpNrTfc

:roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm guy was literally running in slow motion. Holy shiet this is the guy that Lakers supposedly missed out on?!

Yoda
11-14-2015, 01:24 PM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/32644912.jpg

WorldWarriors
11-14-2015, 03:02 PM
Obviously the kid is just thrown out there and they just let him play. Good defensive teams will have no problem with trying to humiliate him. I don't know much about the present state of the Sixer organization but they have put together some horrible teams recently.