PDA

View Full Version : Mudiay with GOAT statline last night

STATUTORY
11-14-2015, 12:24 PM
10 missed FGA, 10 assists, 9 turnovers

:applause: :applause: dat athleticism, dat quick feet

meanwhile DLO shooting 45% from 3's in the last 5 games and shutting down Dragic, Payton, etc.

But lakers should have picked Mudiay or 3/18 Okafor right :roll: :roll:

Locked_Up_Tonight
11-14-2015, 12:27 PM
He really does have a young Kidd in him.....

kurple
11-14-2015, 12:30 PM
Jason Kidd was 19 when he started playing college ball

Mudiay is a phenomenal floor general.. And will improve year after year, but he will never be a 20ppg scorer. Similar to Kidd

kurple
11-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Last year we were 0-4 against the Rockets. this year we are 2-0

The difference is Ty -> Mudiay and Shaw -> Malone

He can shoot 25% and 7TO a game for all i care, as long as he keeps leading us to W's

KOBEtherealKing
11-14-2015, 12:47 PM
This is getting ridiculous. First the threads were how the top 5 rookies were doing well only for someone to mention how bad Russell is doing. Now the threads are propping up Russell to tear down the other rookies . :facepalm

ImKobe
11-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Russ is averaging 13/6/4 with 1.6 spg per 36 minutes
Wiggins rookie year averaged 16/4/2 per 36

and Russ has shot better from 3, is averaging 1.2 3PM with 3.7 3PA

And he's only 9 games into his rookie year with some terrible games to start off the year where he barely saw play time

D'Angelo will be just fine, though he may end up being a SG in this league.

Gileraracer
11-14-2015, 12:58 PM

The guy you (and I) have in the avatar's 2015 POs missed field goals per game:

:lol

:(

FreezingTsmoove
11-14-2015, 01:41 PM
11 assists and Mudiay helped lead his equally shit team to a win over the Rockets

NUGGETS now have 5 wins with Mudiay as the dominant ball handler and they are in the playoff picture

Lakers Fan
11-14-2015, 03:03 PM
Amazing that a guy who's the 4th leading scorer, has a worse +/- than anyone playing PG on the team, has a 1.2 TO ratio, and shoots 30.8% from the field, is getting so much praise. But D'Angelo Russell is a sure fire bust. :rolleyes:

NugzFan
11-14-2015, 03:16 PM

meanwhile DLO shooting 45% from 3's in the last 5 games and shutting down Dragic, Payton, etc.

Yes they should have

But I'm glad they didn't

NugzFan
11-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Last year we were 0-4 against the Rockets. this year we are 2-0

The difference is Ty -> Mudiay and Shaw -> Malone

He can shoot 25% and 7TO a game for all i care, as long as he keeps leading us to W's

This

what mudiay is doing so far as a 19 year old is quite impressive.

STATUTORY
11-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Yes they should have

But I'm glad they didn't

who you think will be considered the better PG in 3 years, Russell or Mudiay?

Terahite
11-14-2015, 03:34 PM
I caught some of the game last night and the Rockets are just unbelievably bad. No organization or chemistry whatsoever. Other than benching Harden in G6 (?) against the Clips last year McHale has been an all-around **** coach who gets bailed out occasionally by his erratic all star. At the rate they're going they'll be an 8th seed team at best. The Nuggets OTOH are looking more and more like a first round exit. Keep it up Denver. :rockon:

NugzFan
11-14-2015, 03:35 PM
who you think will be considered the better PG in 3 years, Russell or Mudiay?

Russell.

NugzFan
11-14-2015, 03:49 PM
I caught some of the game last night and the Rockets are just unbelievably bad. No organization or chemistry whatsoever. Other than benching Harden in G6 (?) against the Clips last year McHale has been an all-around **** coach who gets bailed out occasionally by his erratic all star. At the rate they're going they'll be an 8th seed team at best. The Nuggets OTOH are looking more and more like a first round exit. Keep it up Denver. :rockon:

If we make the playoffs it would be a miracle. It's just not happening. I just want to watch a hard working team and growth of the young players.
So far so good.

Jameerthefear
11-14-2015, 03:53 PM
russel didn't shut down payton you autist. payton just missed like 7 wide open layups

WorldWarriors
11-14-2015, 04:06 PM
If we make the playoffs it would be a miracle. It's just not happening. I just want to watch a hard working team and growth of the young players.
So far so good.
That's all you can ask. Your point guard has the heart of a lion though. That's good to see in your rookie. He can work on his game and get better.

NugzFan
11-14-2015, 04:10 PM
That's all you can ask. Your point guard has the heart of a lion though. That's good to see in your rookie. He can work on his game and get better.

Agreed. The turnovers will come down and the shooting will go up eventually. The question is how much. And I look forward to finding out.

The kid is only 19.

AI09
11-14-2015, 04:14 PM

Definitely better off picking okafor instead of D'lo.
You do realize Okafor is the main focus for other teams defenses and gets triple teamed.
If D'Angelo played for the sixers or nuggets he would have better numbers but his fg% and T.O would be way worse than Mudaiy but I belive D'Angelo has the potential to be better than Mudiay in the long run. Lakers got to many guys who need the ball in there hands and have a shoot first mentality (Kobe, Williams, Clarkson, young,randle) right now just give him some time to get comfortable He's not getting the touches that okafor and Mudaiy r getting

bdreason
11-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Had 11 assists and also got the W against a superior Rockets team.

AirTupac
11-14-2015, 05:15 PM
russel didn't shut down payton you autist. payton just missed like 7 wide open layups

Missed cause D'Angelo was there

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/lRnAdIW6J4g_uq5fFPDuer5gMxM=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4260245/russell_defense_elf.0.gif

and

https://vine.co/v/ellV5jp1uin/card

STATUTORY
11-14-2015, 05:37 PM
Definitely better off picking okafor instead of D'lo.
You do realize Okafor is the main focus for other teams defenses and gets triple teamed.
If D'Angelo played for the sixers or nuggets he would have better numbers but his fg% and T.O would be way worse than Mudaiy but I belive D'Angelo has the potential to be better than Mudiay in the long run. Lakers got to many guys who need the ball in there hands and have a shoot first mentality (Kobe, Williams, Clarkson, young,randle) right now just give him some time to get comfortable He's not getting the touches that okafor and Mudaiy r getting

Okafor is not a winning player, his upside is a taller Al Jefferson and darker Brook Lopez. You can't win a championship with a center that can't defend, can't run the floor, and is disastrous on Pick and Rolls

Russell is a bigger CP3/Curry hybrid. The way he shoots is so damn effortless it doesn't even look fair. N99a had Mudiay literally on the verge of tears during their matchup

Jameerthefear
11-14-2015, 05:41 PM
Missed cause D'Angelo was there

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/lRnAdIW6J4g_uq5fFPDuer5gMxM=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4260245/russell_defense_elf.0.gif

and

https://vine.co/v/ellV5jp1uin/card
that was a wide open layup. he missed because he's a shitty finisher.
second one is basically a spot up jumper...
if you're hanging your hat on russel "shutting down" a passing PG then that's pretty sad.

AirTupac
11-14-2015, 05:52 PM
that was a wide open layup. he missed because he's a shitty finisher.
second one is basically a spot up jumper...
if you're hanging your hat on russel "shutting down" a passing PG then that's pretty sad.

First one was a contested layup by D'Angelo's long reach

Second was a contested jumper.

You have never played basketball you small little boy.

Jameerthefear
11-14-2015, 06:00 PM
First one was a contested layup by D'Angelo's long reach

Second was a contested jumper.

You have never played basketball you small little boy.
haha, well i'll look at the facts:
lakers defensive w/ Russel on the court: 111
not on the court: 101.4

lmao

NugzFan
11-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Okafor is not a winning player, his upside is a taller Al Jefferson and darker Brook Lopez. You can't win a championship with a center that can't defend, can't run the floor, and is disastrous on Pick and Rolls

Russell is a bigger CP3/Curry hybrid. The way he shoots is so damn effortless it doesn't even look fair. N99a had Mudiay literally on the verge of tears during their matchup

Holy shit :oldlol:

AI09
11-14-2015, 11:54 PM

Okafor is avg 20ppg 7 rpg 2 bpg at 19 years old he has 21 points 12 rebound 2 blks tonight against the spurs on 9/17 shooting 3/3 ft
I know the nba is a whole new beast but he's won at every level he's played at something russel can't say. I think D'Angelo will be a good player but I think youre reaching with the Curry/cp3 ceiling