PDA

View Full Version : Under-the-Rader Rookies 10 games into season

sammichoffate
11-15-2015, 05:54 AM
Who are your guys' rookies who've impressed you? The ones who don't get much spotlight but contribute a lot to a team? Mine would be:

Larry Nance Jr.(Scouts were confused about the pick, but he's been great for the Lakers while guys who were projected higher like Looney haven't played yet)
Bobby Portis
Justin Anderson
Jerian Grant(Knicks found a great player in the draft, very solid in his minutes)

dunksby
11-15-2015, 06:14 AM
Portis is good, but apparently he is not ready yet, he said he is happy learning from Pau and Taj for now.

sammichoffate
11-15-2015, 06:43 AM
Portis is good, but apparently he is not ready yet, he said he is happy learning from Pau and Taj for now.So would that make Taj a trading chip?

dunksby
11-15-2015, 06:46 AM
So would that make Taj a trading chip?
They might do it, Hoiberg said earlier in the season that Portis was going to play key minutes for the Bulls, that hasn't materialized yet though.

imdaman99
11-15-2015, 06:50 AM
I like Grant's ability to get to the line and his defense. I guess any defense is an upgrade when the other guy you compare him to is Calderon :oldlol: I like him, don't see him ever being a star but a good player. Bright future. I hope he is throwing Zingy alley oops for the next 10 years.

sammichoffate
11-15-2015, 06:55 AM
They might do it, Hoiberg said earlier in the season that Portis was going to play key minutes for the Bulls, that hasn't materialized yet though.What would they be getting back though? They're solid at every position. Future pick?

dunksby
11-15-2015, 07:23 AM
What would they be getting back though? They're solid at every position. Future pick?
PG? :lol

BlackWhiteGreen
11-15-2015, 09:27 AM
Who are your guys' rookies who've impressed you? The ones who don't get much spotlight but contribute a lot to a team? Mine would be:

Larry Nance Jr.(Scouts were confused about the pick, but he's been great for the Lakers while guys who were projected higher like Looney haven't played yet)
Bobby Portis
Justin Anderson
Jerian Grant(Knicks found a great player in the draft, very solid in his minutes)

Lol doesn't Looney play for the Warriors? Of course he hasn't played.

Rookies are all about opportunity. That's why everyone's freaking out over D'Angelo and raving about Porzingis. Generally, more opportunity means better players, at least in my opinion.

Prime_Shaq
11-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Winslow

LikeMike
11-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Jerian Grant.