PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with the Pelicans?

Captvic
11-15-2015, 04:55 PM
Last season is sure looking like a fluke for AD and crew.

I<3NBA
11-16-2015, 12:55 AM
they hired a coach, but their roster was not built for his system

Lebronxrings
11-16-2015, 01:00 AM
lost their best player tyreke.

Davis getting exposed without monty.

Hopper15
11-16-2015, 01:09 AM
I don't think the pels were that good to begin with honestly. Let's be real they only made the playoffs last season because Durant and Ibaka went down.

WayOfWade
11-16-2015, 04:30 AM
I don't think the pels were that good to begin with honestly. Let's be real they only made the playoffs last season because Durant and Ibaka went down.
Westbrook went down too to start the season which sent the Thunder on an insane downward spiral so bad, even the Jazz (who were at one point 1-12 that year) managed to beat them. It was literally a one game difference that helped the Pelicans make it to the playoffs.
To be fair though, the Pelicans have insane injuries to deal with as well as a new coach. However if this continues for another ten games, I'd be willing to say that their playoff chances no longer exist, and they're not actually that good.

*I could be wrong on the Jazz info, I just heard that today

Spurs m8
11-16-2015, 04:37 AM
I always knew Davis was ****ing up signing that deal.
**** the Pels, shitty franchise.

Gileraracer
Doesn't matter if AD plays like a beast, they can't win. :roll:

poido123
No tyreke. New coach bad fit.

No confidence. every loss confirms how bad they are.

Proctor
11-16-2015, 05:45 AM
Their moderate levels of success hinge solely on the health of a few players, e.g. Evans, Holiday and Gordon. Honestly think they should trade all 3. They just don't have a well constructed team.

DMAVS41
11-16-2015, 09:19 AM
Their moderate levels of success hinge solely on the health of a few players, e.g. Evans, Holiday and Gordon. Honestly think they should trade all 3. They just don't have a well constructed team.

Nobody is giving up anything for Gordon...maybe the Clips would give up a 2nd rounder and Lance or something, but I'm not sure they'd even do that as they have a team option on Lance next season. I do like Gordon on the Clips though...

If the Pels got Lance, they could then flip him to another team for another 2nd rounder or young player as he's on a good contract and maybe some teams would take a risk on him that are desperate.

I think moving Evans and Holiday would be smart, but again, I'm not sure how much you are getting for them.

I'm sure a few teams would be interested in both of them...and the real win would be clearing the books for this summer while getting worse to get a higher draft pick.

Now, I'm not saying they should clean house now, but it's not too far off where if this continues...making the playoffs almost becomes impossible...and even then...they are likely to get bounced in round 1 with ease.

So the upside with this team is really not there...and it never was unfortunately.

Davis is just so damn good, imo, that he can do something special

Pushxx
11-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Even worse coach than before. Roster doesn't fit together.

AD is quickly running out of time to figure out a way to will his team into the playoffs. Probably doesn't matter.

Bosnian Sajo
11-16-2015, 12:25 PM
What made them think Gentry is a good coach? Does great as an assistant, evidently so as he was AHC with the Clips and Warriors, not good enough to be the main guy.

People underrate Asik's impact on teams, every team he went to he improved team defence by a lot. Gentry ****ing up by bringing him off the bench, there is a reason dude has been to the playoffs every year of his career. The team also misses Tyreke Evans and Norris Cole, the former gets hated on all the time buy is actually a really good player evidently and the latter was their best player off the bench going into the postseason last year.

They were gonna miss the playoffs either way because of the Thunder being healthy, so why not tank and add one more stud next to AD?

HOoopCityJones
11-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Monty had these ****** on point.

jayfan
11-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Easy. They hired a terrible head coach. That was obvious from the jump.

LOL at everyone ignoring his head coaching track record and getting all lathered up over the fact that he was an assistant on a championship team.

pseudowestbr00k
11-16-2015, 01:01 PM
Injuries. And AD is the type of star that needs another star to work in tandem with. They look like (and are) one of the worst teams in the league right now (obviously).

I think I'll take Cousins > AD

HenryGarfunkle
11-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Injuries. And AD is the type of star that needs another star to work in tandem with. They look like (and are) one of the worst teams in the league right now (obviously).

I think I'll take Cousins > AD
:facepalm

I'll take the guy that isn't a locker-room problem, who is a once in a generation athlete/talent/ and best two-way player in the league. You take the fat guy who curses at his coach and fights with teammates. You seem like a smart guy.

tamaraw08
11-16-2015, 04:55 PM
Easy. They hired a terrible head coach. That was obvious from the jump.

LOL at everyone ignoring his head coaching track record and getting all lathered up over the fact that he was an assistant on a championship team.

this,:rockon: Of the 12 years as head coach, he ONLY have 3 winning seasons, including the team he inherited with peak Nash, Amare and a good supporting cast.
Yes, atleast 6 teams he mentored were bad but they NEVER OVERACHIEVED, as in even winning 45% of the games.

smoovegittar
11-16-2015, 06:21 PM
Nobody has mentioned how deplorable their defense is...

DMAVS41
11-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Nobody has mentioned how deplorable their defense is...

Because it's probably impossible to have a good defense if Gordon, Anderson, Ish Smith, and Babbit are playing this many minutes.

What's wrong is that they don't have a great team to begin with...and that "not great team" is suffering from injuries while trying to play a different way.

notatop29pg
11-16-2015, 09:03 PM
Best 1st half defense in the league at present.

Worst 2nd half in the league too.

Probably just fitness :)