PDA

View Full Version : Nicolas Batum 33 Points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists vs. the Blazers

Lebron23
11-16-2015, 08:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNxyIlMN_is

Batum is playing good basketball this season.

rufuspaul
11-17-2015, 11:44 AM
They played the French national anthem before the game, which certainly helped to fire him up, but he's been playing well all week. In Portland he didn't need to be a primary scorer, not so much in Charlotte where he's both a scorer and facilitator.

Haymaker
11-17-2015, 11:47 AM
Portland had an underutilized roster these past 2 or 3 seasons.

Detroit
11-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Has a three-person commentary team ever succeeded in the NBA? This is a serious question posed in a serious manner. Because, honestly, every time a team tries to field three TV commentators at the same, it just totally sucks. There's a color-man, and there's an analyst. What's the third person? Random jokes guy? Player anecdotes guy? Former coach talking X's and O's guy?

In the Hornet's case, it's "random babbling and giggling woman." Woman commentators aren't terrible by default, but this one sure is. Just like with all three-person commentary teams, she has no idea when it's her turn to speak, so she's quiet for long stretches before randomly talking about some stupid non-subject for fifteen seconds.

I understand that commentary is a hard job that a lot of people fail at. Remember, I had to listen to Sidney Moncrief yell "Excuse me! Open the door and let me in!" after a dunk of the year candidate. He got canned quick. If Stephanie Ready doesn't show any improvement this year, she's gonna be out of the league quicker than Aaron Harrison.

However, that annoying third Mavs guy is still around and I've given up hope of him ever getting kicked out.

Dat description tho:oldlol:

imdaman99
11-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Where is the 30-5-5 thread???? Is it dead once a certain player no longer was dominating it???

rufuspaul
11-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Has a three-person commentary team ever succeeded in the NBA? This is a serious question posed in a serious manner. Because, honestly, every time a team tries to field three TV commentators at the same, it just totally sucks. There's a color-man, and there's an analyst. What's the third person? Random jokes guy? Player anecdotes guy? Former coach talking X's and O's guy?

In the Hornet's case, it's "random babbling and giggling woman." Woman commentators aren't terrible by default, but this one sure is. Just like with all three-person commentary teams, she has no idea when it's her turn to speak, so she's quiet for long stretches before randomly talking about some stupid non-subject for fifteen seconds.

I understand that commentary is a hard job that a lot of people fail at. Remember, I had to listen to Sidney Moncrief yell "Excuse me! Open the door and let me in!" after a dunk of the year candidate. He got canned quick. If Stephanie Ready doesn't show any improvement this year, she's gonna be out of the league quicker than Aaron Harrison.

However, that annoying third Mavs guy is still around and I've given up hope of him ever getting kicked out.

Dat description tho:oldlol:

:lol I couldn't agree more. She's much better as a sideline reporter. She's quite the MILF though. :banana:

riseagainst
11-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Where is the 30-5-5 thread???? Is it dead once a certain player no longer was dominating it???

:lol