PDA

View Full Version : James Worthy Rips Deangelo Russell to Shreds Post Game

MMKM
11-17-2015, 12:57 AM
Just happened, this is as close as I can get to an exact
Quote:

"Hustle...you know, we could go to the Y, we could go to the YMCA and find guys who will play defense and be physical."

"You know, until Deangelo's ship comes in and he develops an NBA body, and he becomes the player he wants to be, he still needs to do things that any NBA player can do, like run back on defense, guard someone, and make an effort play. Those are things that any player can do and he isn't doing them."

11 games into the season and the alumni are already taking notice. This guy's Mr Cool routine is not going to be well received.

buddha
11-17-2015, 12:59 AM
he's like James Harden with out the euro step. so absolutely worthless.

FreezingTsmoove
11-17-2015, 01:01 AM
Quote:

"You know, until Deangelo's ship comes in and he develops an NBA body, and he becomes the player he wants to be, he still needs to do things that any NBA player can do, like run back on defense, guard someone, and make an effort play. Those are things that any player can do and he isn't doing them."

11 games into the season and the alumni are already taking notice. This guy's Mr Cool routine is not going to be well received.

Exactly what I was thinking. This guy plays so hard to NOT embarrass himself in front of the LA market that it leads to minimal impact.

He would be a lot better player if he got drafted to Philly, or Sac. He just can't handle a big market, and he needs free reign at the PG position. He is not an SG.

I dont blame him though. How can a PG forced into an SG role play with Kobe, Jordan Clarkson, Lou Williams, and Nick Young who are all already SG's :facepalm

Mr. Jabbar
11-17-2015, 01:01 AM
100% agree.

Dudes effort is not there, and that's something unforgivable for a rookie. It's like he's cocky about being terrible, doesn't make any sense.

stalkerforlife
11-17-2015, 01:03 AM
He looks permanently high.

And unless he's a real ass alpha, he can't handle the emotional torment that Kardashian is going to inflict upon him.

HOoopCityJones
11-17-2015, 01:04 AM
Guy can barley do shit on the court and The Lakers management should fire whoever coerced them into drafting this guy.

bluechox2
11-17-2015, 01:04 AM
thats like spot on

MMKM
11-17-2015, 01:05 AM

I think the thing that he lacks most isn't a move, its competitiveness. He's the definition of a showcase AAU basketball player. It's all about being flashy. The biggest difference between him and harden, or ginobili, is that they compete and he doesnt

warriorfan
11-17-2015, 01:06 AM
Quote:

It's true, he is very young and his body is not ready for the NBA yet. This usually wouldn't be a huge problem for but the fact that Deangelo hasn't really blown people's socks off with his work ethic.

Ngga needs to get hungry or he has himself a one way ticket to bustville.

stalkerforlife
11-17-2015, 01:06 AM
He lacks the hood competitiveness. Most blacks know basketball is their only chance, but this POS thinks getting an office job is possible.

He ain't hungry enough for this life.

He's a future Phys Ed teacher.

HOoopCityJones
11-17-2015, 01:07 AM
I think the thing that he lacks most isn't a move, its competitiveness. He's the definition of a showcase AAU basketball player. It's all about being flashy. The biggest difference between him and harden, or ginobili, is that they compete and he doesnt

Exactly. He's a play only when everything is going well type of guy, he can't impose his will on the game not even like Randle and Clarkson can.

When Metta World Peace is showing more of a Basketball IQ and awareness than you on the court , that's when you know you should make a change.

bobopenguin
He looks permanently high.

And unless he's a real ass alpha, he can't handle the emotional torment that Kardashian is going to inflict upon him.

if i have a chance to bang one of kardashian.. i would be high too.

WorldWarriors
Quote:

Wow. that's surprising coming from Worthy he's usually very positive. I guess it had to be said. LOL what was Jamison saying.

bluechox2
11-17-2015, 01:08 AM
he is never going to have an nba body...hard to develop athleticism at this age, and everyone knew it when drafting him...people were hoping hed develop a steve nash like game where athleticism wasnt needed

MMKM
11-17-2015, 01:11 AM
Wow. that's surprising coming from Worthy he's usually very positive. I guess it had to be said. LOL what was Jamison saying.

Jamison agreed with him

imnew09
11-17-2015, 01:12 AM
Fken bust man ship his a$$ out. On many occasions he seems afraid to handle the ball . Always passing it up after crossing half court

HOoopCityJones
11-17-2015, 01:15 AM
Okafor was the only pick at number 2 and the Lakers choked.

You take the best player available and it wasn't Russell. Laughing at all the so called experts at ESPN.com who were praising The Lakers on draft night for " looking toward the future" just because they all still had hard ons after watching Steph Curry in the 2015 Playoffs. As if a 29 & 7 rookie big man is some sort of outdated get.

WorldWarriors
11-17-2015, 01:17 AM
Jamison agreed with him
Ah thanks. Good they're speaking out. Hopefully they can get him on the right track before its too late.

poido123
11-17-2015, 01:20 AM
Quote:

I love James Worthy.

You gotta love the old guys who don't sugarcoat their words or current players.

He is absolutely right.

Gus Hemmingway
11-17-2015, 01:28 AM
hahahahahah

The Lakers SUCK!!! :roll:

SpecialQue
11-17-2015, 01:30 AM
I've decided that I hate this bust-ass nigguh. I'm going to start hate-watching the Lakers the same way I used to hate-watch Family Matters.

Heavincent
11-17-2015, 01:34 AM
Meh, he's getting too much hate. 9/4/3 on 39% isn't THAT bad for a 19 year old rookie playing for a bad team and a clueless coach. Just look at Mudiay. Dude is shooting 31% with 5 turnovers.

I don't think he'll ever be a superstar, but he could absolutely become a serviceable starting PG.

Smoke117
11-17-2015, 01:36 AM
D'angeslow Russell...the Darko Milicic of this generation?...

kennethgriffin
11-17-2015, 01:37 AM
passing point guards with limited scoring are only as good as the players around them

well d'angeblow plays for the 2015-16 los angeles lakers

MMKM
11-17-2015, 01:51 AM
passing point guards with limited scoring are only as good as the players around them

I haven't seen him do anything that demonstrates he can create shots for others. Good point guards are supposed to make their teammates better. He averages the same number of assists as Julius Randle.

SpecialQue
11-17-2015, 01:54 AM

This nigguh can't even get assists. He's horrible. I've come to terms with this.

FKAri
11-17-2015, 02:04 AM

Steve Nash made Robert Sacre look like a competent NBA player. Ok so this kid isn't Steve Nash. But he isn't even trying to run a play. Maybe Byron or the team don't want him running plays. But then what is his role supposed to be?

Personally, I think the roster is a mess and the staff doesn't know who should do what. This results in Russell, as a PG, being confused as to wtf he's supposed to be doing on the court.

But so far his signature move has been bring the ball up the court; pass to Clarkson/Kobe/Lou at the top of the key and then jog over to a corner.

SpecialQue
11-17-2015, 02:07 AM
But so far his signature move has been bring the ball up the court; pass to Clarkson/Kobe/Lou at the top of the key and then jog over to a corner.

So goddamn frustrating. I hate this kid. :banghead:

Pointguard
11-17-2015, 02:13 AM
Meh, he's getting too much hate. 9/4/3 on 39% isn't THAT bad for a 19 year old rookie playing for a bad team and a clueless coach. Just look at Mudiay. Dude is shooting 31% with 5 turnovers.

I don't think he'll ever be a superstar, but he could absolutely become a serviceable starting PG.
You won't hear people talking about Mudiay because you see his heart and aggression. The turnovers are because he's trying too hard. That's the good type. Safe and bad is the worse. Andre Miller was slow, but you seen his competitiveness and intelligence right away.

Byron Scott is one of the best point guard coaches in the game, Kidd and CP developed greatly on his watch. So that's not holding any water. However, him being 19 is a great argument, its way too early to tell. He definitely doesn't seem like he's got a great fire in his belly that you could see in Rose and CP and that seems to be manifest. But it doesn't mean he's a bust.

PJR
11-17-2015, 02:22 AM

Yep. Michael Beasley disease.

Russell looks like a bust. Still early, though.

buddha
11-17-2015, 02:28 AM

not bad for a non lotto pick but the kid was a top pick.

IncarceratedBob
11-17-2015, 02:28 AM
who is james worthy to comment on a potential alpha? worthy always took the back seat, he wasn't a a tough guy. who cares what he has to say honestly?

MMKM
11-17-2015, 02:29 AM
Yep. Michael Beasley disease.

Russell looks like a bust. Still early, though.

That's a perfect comparison

Solidape
11-17-2015, 02:35 AM
who is james worthy to comment on a potential alpha? worthy always took the back seat, he wasn't a a tough guy. who cares what he has to say honestly?

Always took a back seat?? :facepalm

The dude was a finals MVP :bowdown:

His number hangs at staples center. :no:

Show the man some respect he earned.

BasedTom
11-17-2015, 02:38 AM
angel russell in a lakers uni is going to hurt laker fans even more when they think of all the talent they passed on, or what they could have gotten for the pick

Mr. Jabbar
11-17-2015, 02:44 AM
Angel russell vs. no-d & no-win okafor. :lol

4 Inches
11-17-2015, 02:46 AM
Lakers really picked a prettier Kendall Marshall doe

FKAri
11-17-2015, 02:48 AM
Which one of you is Jim99187 on LG? :D

bigkingsfan
11-17-2015, 02:51 AM
But but but Jerry West says he was great.

Naero
11-17-2015, 02:57 AM
A player's mentality is the best predictory touchstone for realizing their potential, and it isn't boding well for D'Angelo Russell so far. :facepalm He may not be naturally quick-footed, but he could demagnify that limitation had he played full throttle more often; he rarely does, however, and thus his lackadaisical pace to the game scrutinizes the issue much more than his "slow-footedness" does.

It's why I've proposed during the preseason that he should start off on the bench; it might be what's needed to instill a chip on his shoulder and shake him out of lackadaisicality. His skills, decision-making, and game-speed conditioning can all be refined with time, but the right mentality needs to be harbored from the outset.

BasedTom
11-17-2015, 02:58 AM
[QUOTE=bigkingsfan]But but but Jerry West says he was great.

I<3NBA
11-17-2015, 03:03 AM
he doesn't have the fire, the hunger. kid thinks being drafted 2 is already an accomplishment and that he's got his life made. has no desire for more.

goes on to party and get on with a Kardashian.

:facepalm

Sarcastic
11-17-2015, 03:04 AM
Russell needs about 2-3 years to develop. If anyone is expecting him to produce first year, then you will be disappointed. His skills are there, but his body is not NBA ready. He's a boy playing a man's game. Sucks for him that he went to LA, and has huge expectations.

warriorfan
11-17-2015, 03:06 AM
Russell needs about 2-3 years to develop. If anyone is expecting him to produce first year, then you will be disappointed. His skills are there, but his body is not NBA ready. He's a boy playing a man's game. Sucks for him that he went to LA, and has huge expectations.

True. How many 20 year old point guards come in and dominate the NBA?

Gus Hemmingway
11-17-2015, 03:09 AM

Kyrie Irving :applause: :applause: :pimp:

outbreak
11-17-2015, 03:16 AM
Most second rounders show more effort moving off the ball and trying to play some defence.

Fire Colangelo
11-17-2015, 03:17 AM

:wtf:

Is this a serious question?

Off the top of my head:

Magic Johnson
Chris Paul
John Wall
Kyrie Irving
Westbrook
Isiah Thomas
Marbury
Derrick Rose

bigkingsfan
11-17-2015, 03:22 AM
Tyreke Evans, even though he regressed.

Gileraracer
11-17-2015, 03:22 AM
Lakers traded Kendall Marshall just to draft a younger version a year later :applause:

Nick Young
11-17-2015, 03:24 AM
Kyrie is coming to the Lakers soon, don't worry

navy
11-17-2015, 03:34 AM
Havent we learned by now to give rookies a few years to judge them?

outbreak

Off the top of my head:

Magic Johnson
Chris Paul
John Wall
Kyrie Irving
Westbrook
Isiah Thomas
Marbury
Derrick Rose
Most struggle with turn overs but they usually show positive signs.

oh the horror

Off the top of my head:

Magic Johnson
Chris Paul
John Wall
Kyrie Irving
Westbrook
Isiah Thomas
Marbury
Derrick Rose

I wouldn't call some of them "dominating the NBA" - a lot of those guys had a LOT to learn their rookie seasons outside of their okay stats

Magic and Isiah are the exception.

Rose and WB were averaging like 15 and 16 a game their rookie season. Others were similar. Stop BSing.

It isn't a normal occurrence for pgs to dominate the league early on

Check John Stockton and Nash

Fire Colangelo
11-17-2015, 03:37 AM

Well yeah.... You could nitpick flaws but they'd shown flashes/signs of dominance in their first year...

Something Russell has yet to show.

Hopper15
11-17-2015, 03:44 AM
Looks like Larry Brown was right. Mudiay was the best PG prospect in the draft.

oh the horror
11-17-2015, 03:45 AM
One thing I will say is that Scott is the wrong coach for this type of rookie. There was a game where Russell DID look like he was gaining steam. He played well and had a lot of momentum. Scott KILLED it that game.

This team isn't going anywhere. To not give this kid the experience above all else among the other young players to me is bad news.

If he doesn't show major steps of improvement at the end of the year I think you have to run Jim Buss out of town. They may have blown it.

outbreak
11-17-2015, 05:26 AM
Well yeah.... You could nitpick flaws but they'd shown flashes/signs of dominance in their first year...

Something Russell has yet to show.
Agree. Look at recent guards like smart and payton. Both have a lot to prove still but both were showing flashes of talent early in their careers which is why people thought they were good prospects. The result wasn't always good but the move and play made you excited for if they could get it right. Both could still never put it all together but at least they've shown something worth trying to nurture. Russells just looked lazy. Has talent but needs a wake up call

ZenMaster
11-17-2015, 07:49 AM
Byron Scott badly needs to be let go, is there a single Laker player that has looked good in Byrons "offensive system"? Nope, because it's nothing but a bunch of outdated set plays that put together brings no direct purpose, last year the guy even said publicly that few as possible 3pointers needs to be shot or to that effect.

Russel needs to show more hustle, but I don't blame the kid if he's feeling completely lost so far in his first NBA season playing for Scott, most of the other LA guards has looked the excact same way.

StephHamann
11-17-2015, 08:18 AM
He lacks the hood competitiveness. Most blacks know basketball is their only chance, but this POS thinks getting an office job is possible.

He ain't hungry enough for this life.

He's a future Phys Ed teacher.

:roll:

IGOTGAME
11-17-2015, 08:31 AM
How many 20 year old point guards are given the keys to a franchise. Out of all point guards I've seen come in with those credentials...Russel has looked the worst

HenryGarfunkle
11-17-2015, 08:33 AM
He's too worried about looking pretty out there

Lakers drafted a guy more interested in his looks and social status rather than being a pitbull on the basketball court.

Lakers = worst franchise in sports

Thanks Kobe

Springsteen
11-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Angel russell vs. no-d & no-win okafor. :lol

2 whole more wins, wow. Keep up the denial.

Even if Okafor never progresses from his current state, he's still twice the player ol' cement feet "alpha" you were playing up before the season started will ever be. :lol

Bosnian Sajo
11-17-2015, 08:45 AM

Mudiay is at least attempting to do shit, that is why he gets TO's. D'angelo passes once he crosses the half way line, he wont get many TO's because he is sooo ****ing careful.

Say what you want about Julius Randle, that dude is hungry. He puts the ball on the floor and goes to work. JC puts the ball on the floor and goes to work. Nance is HUNGRY AF, like he spent training camp in Africa ffs, every game he looks better and better. It's all about effort, people. GSW put effort into everysingle game, ik Curry makes it look like it is effortless, but it's not dudes out there hustling. That is why we as Lakers fans love Metta so much, hard worker and a go getter.

Russel looks so spoiled. And it's not like I'm a hater, I want so badly for him to be a good player, I ordered his jersey the sec we drafted him ffs I love my Lakers and always got my players back, but step up son. Step up. Ask Johnny Flynn how quick this dream can end, no matter how high you were picked...and dude was actually good his 1st year! Pg's come and go, all these "high potential pg" come and go like the wind. You gon be the next Jay Williams if you don't shape up fool, only you wont be lucky enough to have a motorcycle accident to put the blame on.

Bosnian Sajo
11-17-2015, 08:49 AM
he doesn't have the fire, the hunger. kid thinks being drafted 2 is already an accomplishment and that he's got his life made. has no desire for more.

goes on to party and get on with a Kardashian.

:facepalm

Don't get it twisted, being the 2nd pick is a hell of an accomplishment, that is 10m GUARANTEED with an extra 12m if they pick you up for years 3&4. But it ain't over after that, don't you want a 60m contract? 100m? Look at Davis, 4 years into the league and he just signed a 150m contract :eek:

It is almost as if he has settled, he is happy with his place in the NBA and doesn't intend to work on getting to the next level.

brownmamba00
11-17-2015, 08:50 AM
Give the kid some time he'll come around

You have to be blind to not see the potential...Randle is a bigger disappointment right now he completely vanished after dunking on Faried and the big Dallas game.

Bosnian Sajo
11-17-2015, 08:58 AM
Most second rounders show more effort moving off the ball and trying to play some defence.

Someone who has seen Russell play and knows what is the actual problem.

You're missing the point, and idk if you've watched any Russell games other than highlights tbh. "His skills are there, but his body is not NBA ready"...better answer would of been "idk if his skills are there because he hasn't shown them to me at this point".

Now this is something that should be expected with a young ballhandler, ofc you are gonna turn the ball over when you playing vs the best of the best, you shouldn't judge a young player based on his 1st year % or TO rate or w.e, but you def should judge that young fella if he isn't putting in the effort.

Bosnian Sajo
11-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Give the kid some time he'll come around

You have to be blind to not see the potential...Randle is a bigger disappointment right now he completely vanished after dunking on Faried and the big Dallas game.

I might need to head over to the doctors then my brotha...because I honestly don't see the potential. I saw it one game where he was going off like horror said, he was actually in that game thread I remember talking with him bout it, but other than that he has easily been the least impressive player on the team so far this short season.

brownmamba00
11-17-2015, 09:15 AM
I might need to head over to the doctors then my brotha...because I honestly don't see the potential. I saw it one game where he was going off like horror said, he was actually in that game thread I remember talking with him bout it, but other than that he has easily been the least impressive player on the team so far this short season.
He's got nice handles and a pretty good jump shot for a 19 yo just sayin don't look in to the stats that much.

Right now it's a mental struggle for him...if he puts all of it together watch out league

Bosnian Sajo
11-17-2015, 09:19 AM
He's got nice handles and a pretty good jump shot for a 19 yo just sayin don't look in to the stats that much.

Right now it's a mental struggle for him...if he puts all of it together watch out league

Brooo I watch every game lol my opinions aren't coming from his stats, I haven't seen much from him at all.

Horatio33
11-17-2015, 10:08 AM
I'd like to see him on a team with decent coaching. Byron Scott suuuuuuucks. Funny when people say "he developed Kidd and Paul." Kidd was 7 years into a HOF career when he joined the Nets. Chris Paul would be a great point guard no matter who he played for.

Russell needs to work harder, sure. Doesn't help being played out of position, has to run awful plays, has Kobe jacking up shots after 3 big injuries, having his minutes and confidence messed around and the fact the Lakers roster is awful. He's 20 years old, the amount of Points that are great at 20 is below 20, in a 60 year old league.

Steve Nash when he first came didn't get many minutes, played shooting guard for his first season or two, then got traded to Dallas and became Steve Nash. Tony Parker was 19, relied on Duncan a lot for the first couple of seasons before he figured it out. Kevin Johnson was playing back up for the Cavs his first season before he was traded to the Suns. Then he blossomed.

Point is, Russell is 20 years old, trying to fit into a poorly coached team that will be lucky to win 25 games.

Dr.J4ever
11-17-2015, 01:32 PM
I've seen 3 or 4 Laker games now, and it's shocking what the pre-draft hype was all about, in retrospect.

Other posters have already mentioned this, but he has no explosiveness to his game. Now, maybe he does, and he is just shy LOL, but even last nights game vs the Suns, he had a breakaway vs. one man, and he decided to pull it up. The Suns announcer immediately recognized it by saying. "there's Russells lack of speed" from the criticism that's been heard.

He rarely ever takes the ball, beats his man, and just drives to the paint to either score or pass out. It seems he will have problems creating offense, and if this is accurate, he will never be a top tier PG. He will be more like a Steve Blake, maybe.

I remember saying to myself this kid is one of the most boring, but hyped, PG prospects ever. It suddenly flashed back to me the same year the 76ers of 1984 drafted Barkley 5th overall, we also drafted what we thought would be our PG of the future, Leon Wood, who won a Gold medal with Bobby Knight in 1984 with Michael Jordan, 10th overall.

We had high hope until we saw him. Same thing--boring as hell. Suffice it to say, he found a great career being a future NBA ref. :facepalm

Chokefree
11-17-2015, 02:02 PM
He's too worried about looking pretty out there

Lakers drafted a guy more interested in his looks and social status rather than being a pitbull on the basketball court.

Lakers = worst franchise in sports

Thanks Kobe

thank lebronze for going 2/6 and colluding in his PRIME lmao

you fvkkin fakkit

MMKM
11-17-2015, 02:22 PM
You know when I saw this coming? In the pre-season who did Russell choose to become BFF's with? Not Kobe. Swaggy P. The guy who has set a Lakers record for the most missed workouts, given himself a gay ass nickname and treats everything like it's a joke. They were always hanging out, telling knock knock jokes to each other on the sidelines. I knew Russell was in trouble right then. He's like the kid in school with some potential who chooses the wrong group of friends to hang out with.

If this kid was serious about being a player he would approach one of the greatest players who ever laced up and try to learn everything possible under his wing until he retires. For fans who are upset with Kobe's play, he's given you TWENTY years. Instead of being upset that Kobe finally lost to Father Time, be upset with your 2nd overall pick who takes having Kobe Bryant as a mentor for granted.

...or maybe he's too "Alpha" to have a mentor.

ArbitraryWater
11-17-2015, 02:27 PM
100% agree.

Dudes effort is not there, and that's something unforgivable for a rookie. It's like he's cocky about being terrible, doesn't make any sense.

ALPHA AS FUUK

Fire Colangelo
11-17-2015, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't call some of them "dominating the NBA" - a lot of those guys had a LOT to learn their rookie seasons outside of their okay stats

Magic and Isiah are the exception.

Rose and WB were averaging like 15 and 16 a game their rookie season. Others were similar. Stop BSing.

It isn't a normal occurrence for pgs to dominate the league early on

Check John Stockton and Nash

So you respond my list of 8 players that had great rookie seasons with Nash and Stockton? Is Nash and Stockton a normal occurrence? You seem to contradict yourself a lot in this post because Nash and Stockton are the outliers, not the norm.

For every Nash, Stockton or Price you find in the league I can find you 3+ point guards that had great rookie seasons.

Btw, Rose and Westbrook absolutely dominated as rookies compared to Russell. Even if they didn't, they showed many flashes of greatness. Russell? Not so much, he's basically invisible out there. Rose and Westbrook were playing their asses off, sure they made stupid mistakes, but they also had plays where you'd go "wow this guys gonna be REALLY good in a few years".

Again, my response was to "how many 20 year old PGs dominated the league?". The fact that I could think of 8 right off the bat shows you that it's not that uncommon, especially in this PG dominance league.

How long do you think the Lakers, or any team will keep believing in this guy? At one point they're gonna say "**** it" and stuff him on the bench somewhere. There aren't a lot of 2nd chances in the NBA.

senelcoolidge
11-17-2015, 05:15 PM
He was hyped because he could throw a "fancy" bounce pass...a pass that nearly any other NBA player could do themselves. He's got some size, but so does Kendall Marshall. It's the lakers so they want hollywood looks over substance. Gotta sell dem tickets.

90sgoat
11-17-2015, 05:16 PM
I could see the cement feet even in his college highligts while you were all gushing over him:lol

I still think he can be a serviceable point guard he has really good passing technique, but he needs to be mentored by a clear pass first point guard, not trying to be a penetrate and kick point guard because he will never be quick enough to break ankles.

Levity
11-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Btw, Rose and Westbrook absolutely dominated as rookies compared to Russell..

i completely agree with you. so far in these first 11 games, the difference between russel and those two is night and day. but to be fair, both were given the green light to do whatever they wanted for their young team. russel has been given the yellow light, with the red just around the corner everytime he doesnt make the perfect play

westbrook had the "luxury" of playing on a bad team, who knew they were bad. Russel is playing for a bad team, that thinks they arent a bad team.

bdreason
11-17-2015, 05:21 PM
That's how kids cope with failure these days. They act like they don't care. I've been coaching HS basketball for a few years now, and it's amazing how apathetic teenagers are these days.

Fire Colangelo
11-17-2015, 05:22 PM
And the thing is, you can't even blame Russell's development on Byron Scott. Byron Scott's had a successful track record with elite point guards dating all the way back to Marbury, Kidd, Paul, Irving, and guys like Darren Collison and Jordan Clarkson played good under him as well.

Sure they could've played well under any coach, but this just shows that Byron Scott's "system" (whatever that may be) doesn't limit point guard production.

Optimus Prime
11-17-2015, 07:03 PM
I called it before, during and after the draft. Dude is a bust. Lakers had the surefire pick in Okafor but wasted it on D'Bustaslow. This is the type of massive mistake that sets franchises back years.

:kobe:

DMAVS41
11-17-2015, 07:33 PM
It's true, he is very young and his body is not ready for the NBA yet. This usually wouldn't be a huge problem for but the fact that Deangelo hasn't really blown people's socks off with his work ethic.

Ngga needs to get hungry or he has himself a one way ticket to bustville.

Didn't he have one of the highest "bust ratings" on that ESPN shit they put out...but also had the highest "superstar" rating?

raprap
11-17-2015, 07:48 PM
He doesn't have the fire in him. That's what seperates the greats from role players. I hope he finds it tho. Randle is a bigger red flag for me. Lakers sucking for a long time would be terrible. :facepalm

outbreak
11-17-2015, 07:54 PM
He doesn't have the fire in him. That's what seperates the greats from role players. I hope he finds it tho. Randle is a bigger red flag for me. Lakers sucking for a long time would be terrible. :facepalm
I still stand by my initial thoughts on Randle, I don't think he will ever be a star but he will be a guy who can light up the opponents when the match up suits him. Nice to have a team but if he's your first option it's not gonna be a consistent season imo.

Snow
11-17-2015, 09:14 PM
His teammates have about as much confidence in him as he does in himself. He passes the ball when he gets it past half court and rarely gets it back. Of course he doesn't do himself any favors as he just goes to the corner and camps, instead cutting around to get himself open. Even for a rookie, he's one of the least ball dominant PGs in the league.

Jameerthefear
11-17-2015, 09:27 PM
I still stand by my initial thoughts on Randle, I don't think he will ever be a star but he will be a guy who can light up the opponents when the match up suits him. Nice to have a team but if he's your first option it's not gonna be a consistent season imo.
Yep. Which isn't really a knock on him. Not like he was a top 3 pick.

SpecialQue
11-17-2015, 09:30 PM
Goddamn I fvcking hate this kid.

outbreak
11-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Yep. Which isn't really a knock on him. Not like he was a top 3 pick.
Yeah I agree he was the best player for where he was taken he's just had a bit of over hyping since.

MMKM
11-17-2015, 10:29 PM
Goddamn I fvcking hate this kid.

Hahahaha

I nominate Que for president of the Haters Club