PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant on the Warriors: The rest of the NBA's nightmare could happen

Ca$H
11-17-2015, 06:08 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/4661347-kevin-durant-warriors-free-agency-thunder-wizards-stephen-curry-golden-state

:eek:

ShaqTwizzle
11-17-2015, 06:20 PM
I feel like it wouldn't happen but I if it did... wow.
Hard to even imagine how crazy those two could be together on offense...

Durant + Curry VS Lebron + Love + Kyrie
:bowdown:

Funktion
11-17-2015, 06:23 PM
Bron Fam would off themselves. Alliance would be dead.

FKAri
11-17-2015, 06:23 PM
And then Anthony Davis and Cousins go to Cleveland. :lol

Ca$H
11-17-2015, 06:25 PM
I feel like it wouldn't happen but I if it did... wow.
Hard to even imagine how crazy those two could be together on offense...

Durant + Curry VS Lebron + Love + Kyrie

If KD wants to win 4-6 titles then it could happen.

HenryGarfunkle
11-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Inb4 bdreason says he doesn't want Durant on the warriors

Biggest fruit on ISH.

Durant on the warriors makes them the greatest team in the history of sports.

I saw a look on Durants face yesterday that made me think... "this dude is leaving OKC"... but I was really high, and maybe paranoid.

But I'm actually entertaining the thought of KD leaving now, and I hope he does if the Thunder don't win this year. Go to the Warriors and win 7 titles. Secure your place as GOAT. You gave OKC all you had, go to the most stacked team and win chips.

At least with Durant we'll have a guy who can compete with Jordans 6 FMVP's... Curry's over here going 0/11 and losing to bench players and shit.

They need a real all-time great leading the dynasty, not Dell Curry's baby faced son. That's beta as ****.

riseagainst
11-17-2015, 06:35 PM
gg NBA

ShaqTwizzle
11-17-2015, 06:37 PM
not Dell Curry's baby faced son. That's beta as ****.

Random fact : Curry in his last game just passed Dell on the career 3pt list.
Gonna be passing Lebron sometime over the next few games.

Lebron (35) = 1267
Curry (t40) = 1248
Dell (43) = 1245

theaussieguy
11-17-2015, 06:42 PM
for some reason I just think this would be a detriment, theres only one ball and I can't see both Durant and Curry getting their own, someone has to take a backseat and that could **** with chemistry.

04mzwach
11-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Why would GS even change much of anything? Inserting a player on the level of Durant is a big risk, but oh well. I just hope they're not planning on getting rid of any major players.

DoctorP
11-17-2015, 06:45 PM
2 more titles, tops. Maybe 2 Finals appearances more on top of those titles...

HenryGarfunkle
11-17-2015, 06:46 PM
The core of

Curry
Thompson
Durant
Green

Wins at least 5 titles. Don't be that guy.

guy
11-17-2015, 07:35 PM
Can't beat em, join em. This would go down as the all time ultimate bitch move, and much moreso then Lebron joining the Heat.

warriorfan
11-17-2015, 07:52 PM
Fucc the Slim Peeper nobody wants his injury prone azz

dazzer87
11-17-2015, 07:52 PM
That's the only way I could see FT35 getting a ring

r0drig0lac
11-17-2015, 08:05 PM
it would be funny to see this experiment fails

buddha
11-17-2015, 08:17 PM
Curry / Livingston
Thompson / Barbosa
Durant / Iggy
Green / Looney
Ezeli / Speights

lol goodnight sweet league. 82-0

Funktion
11-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Can't beat em, join em. This would go down as the all time ultimate bitch move, and much moreso then Lebron joining the Heat.

Why? He has no ties to Oklahoma? Did he promise the state a championship? So if he went to a shitty team or DC that would be ok?

Achilleas
11-17-2015, 08:27 PM
he is a ring chaser so he must take the minimum salary ,i don't want to destroy my team for him ,then he is welcome to the show :cheers:

Hopper15
11-17-2015, 08:43 PM
Inb4 bdreason says he doesn't want Durant on the warriors

Biggest fruit on ISH.

Durant on the warriors makes them the greatest team in the history of sports.

I saw a look on Durants face yesterday that made me think... "this dude is leaving OKC"... but I was really high, and maybe paranoid.

But I'm actually entertaining the thought of KD leaving now, and I hope he does if the Thunder don't win this year. Go to the Warriors and win 7 titles. Secure your place as GOAT. You gave OKC all you had, go to the most stacked team and win chips.

At least with Durant we'll have a guy who can compete with Jordans 6 FMVP's... Curry's over here going 0/11 and losing to bench players and shit.

They need a real all-time great leading the dynasty, not Dell Curry's baby faced son. That's beta as ****.

A guy that's leading the league in scoring and has his team undefeated is a beta? Are you retarded?

I<3NBA
11-17-2015, 08:47 PM
then KD needs to work on that off-ball game of his. he's not gonna get to play his iso game in Golden State.

Spurs m8
11-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Durant said he'd chase success over going home.

Could see the NBA doing a veto thought tbh

I<3NBA
11-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Durant said he'd chase success over going home.

Could see the NBA doing a veto thought tbh
for what reason? the NBA was only able to veto the CP3 trade because it owned the Hornets.

Brokenbeat
11-17-2015, 10:06 PM

Lebron made it ok to be a bitch, though. :confusedshrug:

Ca$H
11-17-2015, 10:20 PM
Lebron made it ok to be a bitch, though. :confusedshrug:

This is why it could happen. Bran still gets full credit for his 2 rings. KD would get credit for his 4-5 rings with the dubs.

guy
11-17-2015, 11:26 PM
Why? He has no ties to Oklahoma? Did he promise the state a championship? So if he went to a shitty team or DC that would be ok?

Has nothing to do with that. Joining GS a year or two after they won the title with the core intact? That's a bitch move. It would be like if Lebron had joined the Lakers in 2010 (assuming GS repeats. And if they don't it's still a bitch move just not as bad). At least when Lebron joined Miami they were in somewhat of a rebuilding process and hadn't been a contender in a few years.

Where's the challenge in that? How is that a meaningful championship for someone of Durant's status when the team can win a title without you and has actually proven it?

Draz
11-17-2015, 11:29 PM
Why would GS even change much of anything? Inserting a player on the level of Durant is a big risk, but oh well. I just hope they're not planning on getting rid of any major players.
This. Chemistry is everything

DMAVS41
11-17-2015, 11:30 PM
Durant gonna have to learn to try on defense...

SpecialQue
11-17-2015, 11:35 PM
Durant going from 2nd option to 3rd option. :roll:

Cold soul
11-17-2015, 11:35 PM
The core of

Curry
Thompson
Durant
Green

Wins at least 5 titles. Don't be that guy.

5 championships? That's crazy hard to do of course of that many seasons that team would be crazy loaded likely wins couple maybe three more than that would be asking for a lot even with loaded team such as that.

SwishSquared
11-17-2015, 11:45 PM
Durant gonna have to learn to try on defense...Is he much worse than Barnes when he's engaged? I don't know honestly without referencing the #s.

Dude wouldn't have to work nearly as hard to get open shots on GSW, which may help him conserve energy. I know they'd have to shed Bogut, but if they manage to keep Speights & Iggy this team's bench can stay pretty strong. However keeping those 2 likely means getting rid of Barnes, which is a bad long term move.

However, a Curry-Klay-Iggy-Durant-Green lineup would absolutely crush teams, provided Durant tries on D.

Hittin_Shots
11-17-2015, 11:49 PM
Hoping Boston can make some big moves over the next season and off season periods and then draw in Durant.

If we can get near 50 wins with the current roster and have all the assets we have we should be a destination for a superstar hopefully.

HenryGarfunkle
11-17-2015, 11:52 PM
Is he much worse than Barnes when he's engaged? I don't know honestly without referencing the #s.

Dude wouldn't have to work nearly as hard to get open shots on GSW, which may help him conserve energy. I know they'd have to shed Bogut, but if they manage to keep Speights & Iggy this team's bench can stay pretty strong. However keeping those 2 likely means getting rid of Barnes, which is a bad long term move.

However, a Curry-Klay-Iggy-Durant-Green lineup would absolutely crush teams, provided Durant tries on D.
Dmavs is an idiot.

Durant is a great defender, much better than barnes when engaged. He'll get you 3 blocks a game. His length bothers guys.

dhsilv
11-18-2015, 12:40 AM

If that teams makes the finals they'll win. They wont' be facing tougher teams in the east anytime soon.

bdreason
11-18-2015, 04:12 AM
I'd rather just re-sign Barnes and use the rest of the cap space to maintain our defensive depth. We score plenty with our current core, and really don't need another guy taking 20 shots a night.

Cocaine80s
11-18-2015, 04:27 AM
Bdreason rivaling Firedavidkahn in smugness

Jyap9675
11-18-2015, 06:12 AM
I'd rather just re-sign Barnes and use the rest of the cap space to maintain our defensive depth. We score plenty with our current core, and really don't need another guy taking 20 shots a night.

This

DMAVS41
11-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Is he much worse than Barnes when he's engaged? I don't know honestly without referencing the #s.

When he's engaged? I'd say he's much better than Barnes. But over the last couple years...Durant has not been engaged on defense the way he was in 13, for example, and that wouldn't fly on a team like the Warriors. And I worry a bit about coming off these injuries and being willing to work his ass off on defense consistently.

Could he did it? Of course...that was my point...he'd have to actually consistently try on defense.

DMAVS41
11-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Dmavs is an idiot.

Durant is a great defender, much better than barnes when engaged. He'll get you 3 blocks a game. His length bothers guys.

Durant is absolutely not a great defender, but when he tries...he's very good.

Hence, if you could read or comprehend things....you'd notice that I didn't say Durant was not good on defense.

I said he'd have to try...which he would. He hasn't been working as hard on defense since 13 imo...and coming off these injuries...sometimes guys coast on defense.

That wouldn't work for the Warriors...who honestly rely on their defense almost as much as their offense to be the kind of dominant team they are.

keep-itreal
11-18-2015, 10:36 AM
he doesn't try on defense because he has to do all the offense

fragokota
11-18-2015, 10:44 AM
he doesn't try on defense because he has to do all the offense

http://38.media.tumblr.com/4c9949290ee3033a4a869f301d07d6fe/tumblr_n2o29vO03B1rtpm86o1_250.gif

ArbitraryWater
11-18-2015, 10:57 AM
Durant going from 2nd option to 3rd option. :roll:

that makes no sense

Derka
11-18-2015, 11:39 AM
That's a lot of cap math but it'd be worth it just to see this place have a collective stroke :oldlol:

Ca$H
11-18-2015, 01:48 PM

While there are a few different workable avenues, this may be the most likely roster/cap composition if Kevin Durant decided to join the Golden State Warriors:

http://i.imgur.com/bQrrcqy.png

Ideally KD would sign 2 year deal with a player option after one year to take advantage of the cap increasing even more in 2017. So maybe he would settle for 17 million then re-sign for a super max contract. This would allow the dubs to keep Livingston and Jason Thompson. The Warriors would also have the room mid-level exception worth about $2.9 million next season that could be used for one or more players on 1-2 year contracts.

Fudge
11-18-2015, 01:50 PM
Kevin Durant is the best player in the world.

bdreason
11-18-2015, 03:56 PM
Barnes is gonna get $15M+, not $9M. And I'm sure the Warriors are going to give Curry a MAX extension this summer as well, because he deserves it, and you don't want to piss off the MVP by underpaying him so drastically for another season.

Factor in $15+m for Barnes, and $25+m for Curry, and then see what the roster looks like.

Draz
11-18-2015, 05:12 PM
This is worst than lebron and what he did. If I were the warriors organization and fans I'd be against that, don't fck up chemistry.