PDA

View Full Version : Turkish soccer fans boo moment of silence for Paris bombing, crowd chants

STATUTORY
11-18-2015, 12:42 AM
"Allah Akbar"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/11/17/video-turkey-fans-boo-moment-of-silence-for-paris-attacks-then-break-out-into-this-chant/

:biggums:

Nick Young
11-18-2015, 01:25 AM
Turks gonna support ISIS-whats new?

Your resident Turk imdaman99 has been doing the same for years

HitandRun Reggie
11-18-2015, 01:50 AM
#notallmuslims_just90%

Goofsta Knicca
11-18-2015, 01:55 AM
Turks gon Turk

imdaman99
11-18-2015, 02:07 AM
Turks gonna support ISIS-whats new?

Your resident Turk imdaman99 has been doing the same for years
Cringeworthy and so inaccurate on all levels :oldlol: No surprise, you love to make stuff up.

bluechox2
11-18-2015, 02:08 AM
that fuc ked up

imdaman99
11-18-2015, 02:08 AM
#notallmuslims_just90%
Let me do the math. 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, so that means there must have been 1.44 billion people packed into this stadium. That's gotta be a record :eek:

CavaliersFTW
11-18-2015, 02:42 AM
Let me do the math. 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, so that means there must have been 1.44 billion people packed into this stadium. That's gotta be a record :eek:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Turkey supposed to be one of the much more moderate muslim countries?

You don't need all 1.6 million muslims in a stadium booing to assume there is a largescale problem of muslims having hostile opinions towards the Western world based on something like that. If Turkey is a relatively moderate muslim country, and even they are booing a moment of silence over the paris attacks, it doesn't take much imagination to believe perhaps we should stop pretending this muslims vs the west thing isn't a problem? At this point I'm more concerned as to how the hell are we going to ever move past it.

I used to think that the number of muslims that are dangerously sensitive to criticism and/or ridicule of their religion was blown out of proportion and that we are talking about an overwhelming minority of muslims. But when I see things like this it really does make me think a large number of muslims just do not agree with or are not capable of handling Western freedoms that put them in a position to receive the same open-forum style criticisms and teasing that all other individuals and religions are subjected to.

Nick Young
11-18-2015, 02:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Turkey supposed to be one of the much more moderate muslim countries?

You don't need all 1.6 million muslims in a stadium booing to assume there is a largescale problem of muslims having hostile opinions towards the Western world based on something like that. If Turkey is a relatively moderate muslim country, and even they are booing a moment of silence over the paris attacks, it doesn't take much imagination to believe perhaps we should stop pretending this muslims vs the west thing isn't a problem? At this point I'm more concerned as to how the hell are we going to ever move past it.

I used to think that the number of muslims that are dangerously sensitive to criticism and/or ridicule of their religion was blown out of proportion and that we are talking about an overwhelming minority of muslims. But when I see things like this it really does make me think a large number of muslims just do not agree with or are not capable of handling Western freedoms that put them in a position to receive the same open-forum style criticisms and teasing that all other individuals and religions are subjected to.
Turkey was once moderate 5-10 years ago but it is becoming a fundamentalist hellhole, and their government is actively aiding ISIS.

The people themselves are racist as f*ck. They are easily just as racist as Egyptians.

imdaman99
11-18-2015, 02:56 AM

I kinda said it tongue in cheek. I'm not gonna say every Muslim I spoke to about the Paris attacks was upset and apologetic about it (1 guy basically said France had it coming to them with the way they treat Muslims ie banning the hijab and "satirical" comics) but almost everyone denounced that shit.

A lot of these countries are turning for the worst. I think Indonesia might be one of the most peaceful. No, NickYoung that does not mean I'm Indonesian :facepalm

Turks are racist against brown Muslims (from Pakistan/India/Bangladesh/Afghanistan). It's really not a good thing. There is no unity among the Muslims. The worst is the wahabis in Saudi Arabia. They will fire you if they find out you're of a certain sect :facepalm You're lucky if that's all they do.

I digress, point being that it doesn't surprise me. There are a lot of shocking things that happen, just read youtube comments.

tomtucker
11-18-2015, 05:00 AM
Never trust a muslim, ever.

dunksby
11-18-2015, 05:12 AM
**** Turkey, those assholes support ISIS and have been facilitating the new recruits' path to Syria from the beginning.

StephHamann
11-18-2015, 06:34 AM
Our great Nato ally :applause:

fiddy
11-18-2015, 06:43 AM
**** Turkey, those assholes support ISIS and have been facilitating the new recruits' path to Syria from the beginning.
Worst part is that people in Turkey have ISIS like mentality

EDIT:
Actually, they're chanting "Sehitler olmez, vatan bolunmez."
Which means "Martyrs never die, the nation won't be divided."

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3t6xpo/turkish_fans_boo_the_minute_of_silence_before/

fiddy
11-18-2015, 07:09 AM
Turks are racist against brown Muslims (from Pakistan/India/Bangladesh/Afghanistan).
This makes no sense, lots of Turks are brown themselves

NumberSix
11-18-2015, 08:17 AM
#notallmuslims_just90%
#OnlyMostMuslims

TheMan
11-18-2015, 08:47 AM
Stay classy, Islam

KyrieTheFuture
11-18-2015, 02:40 PM
There appears to be a large misunderstanding here

Nick Young
11-18-2015, 02:50 PM
This makes no sense, lots of Turks are brown themselves
Turks consider themselves white. I was in Istanbul before. All of the Turks, when they found out I was American would start talking about basketball. Most said Mehmet Okur was their favorite current player, and Larry Bird was their favorite player all time because he was white and played the game properly. They made a bunch of jokes about black people being stupid monkeys and they thought I would think it's funny too.

Turks consider themselves white, therefore they are white. Just like Syrians.

Most of these turks are paler than the average white Californian.
http://i.tmgrup.com.tr/dailysabah/2014/09/11/HaberDetay/1410384908906.jpg
http://img-yenisafak.mncdn.com/resim/site/615x326/12_deve6442aa8b34f72a3.jpg

qrich
11-18-2015, 09:40 PM
What else can you expect from a shthole country?

JohnnySic
11-19-2015, 08:35 AM
Turks are weird. They are Muslims, but they seemingly dont want to be associated with other Muslims, rather with Europe/western culture. No, sorry, the 2 ideas dont go together. :no:

fiddy
11-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Turks consider themselves white. I was in Istanbul before. All of the Turks, when they found out I was American would start talking about basketball. Most said Mehmet Okur was their favorite current player, and Larry Bird was their favorite player all time because he was white and played the game properly. They made a bunch of jokes about black people being stupid monkeys and they thought I would think it's funny too.

Turks consider themselves white, therefore they are white. Just like Syrians.

They can consider themselves whatever they like, bu the majority of them is not white.

NumberSix
11-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Turks are weird. They are Muslims, but they seemingly dont want to be associated with other Muslims, rather with Europe/western culture. No, sorry, the 2 ideas dont go together. :no:
They're probably still mad about the Arabs turning on their caliphate.

Nick Young
11-19-2015, 12:46 PM
None of the Muslim countries like each other.

All Arab countries hate Palestinians and consider them lower than dogs. They pretend to have sympathy for their "arab brothers" when Israelis kill some of them, but note how none of these Muslim countries do anything to provide aid to Palestinians. Judge their actions not their words.

Lebanon and Jordan hate each other. Syria and Lebanon hate each other. Turkey and Syria hate each other. Saudi Arabians hate everyone who isn't Saudi. Oman hates Yemen. Egypt hates Libya. Morocco hates Tunisia and Algeria. Kuwait hates Iraq. Iran hates everyone and everyone hates Iran.

All of the middle eastern countries hate the African and Indonesian and Pakistani and Indian Muslims. Indian muslims hate Pakistanis, Bangladeshi muslims hate Indian muslims, the circle continues everywhere you look.

If the whole world was Muslim, there would still be the same level of Islam inspired violence as there is today.

JohnnySic
11-19-2015, 12:55 PM
None of the Muslim countries like each other.

All Arab countries hate Palestinians and consider them lower than dogs. They pretend to have sympathy for their "arab brothers" when Israelis kill some of them, but note how none of these Muslim countries do anything to provide aid to Palestinians. Judge their actions not their words.

Lebanon and Jordan hate each other. Syria and Lebanon hate each other. Turkey and Syria hate each other. Saudi Arabians hate everyone who isn't Saudi. Oman hates Yemen. Egypt hates Libya. Morocco hates Tunisia and Algeria. Kuwait hates Iraq. Iran hates everyone and everyone hates Iran.

All of the middle eastern countries hate the African and Indonesian and Pakistani and Indian Muslims. Indian muslims hate Pakistanis, Bangladeshi muslims hate Indian muslims, the circle continues everywhere you look.

If the whole world was Muslim, there would still be the same level of Islam inspired violence as there is today.
Perhaps. But Turks are unique in that they seem to think they are European. Iranians/Iraquis/Saudis etc. dont do that.

ALBballer
11-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Perhaps. But Turks are unique in that they seem to think they are European. Iranians/Iraquis/Saudis etc. dont do that.

-Turks aren't Europeans they are a mixed group TBH but the true Turks are Turkic with Central Asian background.
-some of their population has European ancestry due to the migration of millions of Greeks, Albanians, Bosnians, etc.
-Turks are more nationalistic (they love Ataturk) than they are religious although Erdogan's rule has made the country more religious.

@ the pic of Turkish basketball team, majority of those players have roots from the Balkans hence the team looking "white."

oarabbus
11-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Cringeworthy and so inaccurate on all levels :oldlol: No surprise, you love to make stuff up.

So... you are gonna tell us that video is fake or what?

poido123
11-19-2015, 07:58 PM
I kinda said it tongue in cheek. I'm not gonna say every Muslim I spoke to about the Paris attacks was upset and apologetic about it (1 guy basically said France had it coming to them with the way they treat Muslims ie banning the hijab and "satirical" comics) but almost everyone denounced that shit.

A lot of these countries are turning for the worst. I think Indonesia might be one of the most peaceful. No, NickYoung that does not mean I'm Indonesian :facepalm

Turks are racist against brown Muslims (from Pakistan/India/Bangladesh/Afghanistan). It's really not a good thing. There is no unity among the Muslims. The worst is the wahabis in Saudi Arabia. They will fire you if they find out you're of a certain sect :facepalm You're lucky if that's all they do.

I digress, point being that it doesn't surprise me. There are a lot of shocking things that happen, just read youtube comments.

He needs a good eye on him. He is a fundamentalist.

fiddy
11-19-2015, 08:08 PM
-Turks are more nationalistic (they love Ataturk) than they are religious although Erdogan's rule has made the country more religious.

Well they should do something about that religious nutcase/fanatic because hes going backwards.

imdaman99
11-19-2015, 08:16 PM
So... you are gonna tell us that video is fake or what?
I don't care about the video. He was calling me an ISIS supporter and Turkish, which are both bullshit.

Also, I couldn't care less about that website. Seems like a bunch of angry bigots on there, check the comments. Use your brain and think for yourself instead of having shitty sites like that feed you "news".

Nick Young
11-19-2015, 08:20 PM
I don't care about the video. He was calling me an ISIS supporter and Turkish, which are both bullshit.

Also, I couldn't care less about that website. Seems like a bunch of angry bigots on there, check the comments. Use your brain and think for yourself instead of having shitty sites like that feed you "news".
You aren't a Turk now? What happened? Did you become Azerbaijani?:confusedshrug:

pauk
11-19-2015, 08:21 PM
May have something to do with the fact that FIFA/Western Ignored / didnt hold a minute of a silence for the recent Ankara Bombing by ISIS and all other victims before and now even after Paris (thats just in Turkey, not to mention allover the world, 100% ignored), im sure they want a moment of silence, but for everybody, why is another specific life more precious, kindof condractive a fan in those stands might think...

fiddy
11-19-2015, 08:29 PM
May have something to do with the fact that FIFA/Western Ignored / didnt hold a minute of a silence for the recent Ankara Bombing by ISIS and all other victims before and now even after Paris (thats just in Turkey, not to mention allover the world, 100% ignored), im sure they want a moment of silence, but for everybody, why is another specific life more precious, kindof condractive a fan in those stands might think...
Doesnt make sense. the ISIS bombing in Turkey targeted kurds ("incidentally"), if anything Turks are celebrating those bombings.

pauk
11-19-2015, 08:36 PM
Doesnt make sense. the ISIS bombing in Turkey targeted kurds ("incidentally"), if anything Turks are celebrating those bombings.

102 random people died there, most of who were Turkish... some Kurds perhaps... all muslims...

Before that ISIS claimed many other victims in Turkey & thereabouts... Turks, Kurds, Europeans, Americans. etc.... they dont care...

Yes, they should celebrate... the only one who may have celebrated this (aside from ISIS) is you you ignorant & disrespectful moron, sorry but you really are.

ArbitraryWater
11-19-2015, 08:38 PM
Use common sense, I'd feel shitty too if the same bombings happen in 'my country', and no one gave a shit...

if one wants to exlude Turkey from the EU I'd have no problem with that, but this ain't one of the reasons.

fiddy
11-19-2015, 08:43 PM
102 random people died there, most of who were Turkish... some Kurds perhaps... all muslims...

Before that ISIS claimed many other victims in Turkey & thereabouts... Turks, Kurds, Europeans, Americans. etc.... they dont care...

Yes, they should celebrate... the only one who may have celebrated this (aside from ISIS) is you you ignorant & disrespectful moron, sorry but you really are.

Oh please, save it. Turks hate kurds and are documented to support ISIS.

Use common sense, I'd feel shitty too if the same bombings happen in 'my country', and no one gave a shit...

if one wants to exlude Turkey from the EU I'd have no problem with that, but this ain't one of the reasons.
Thats not common sense, no one gave a minute of silence for the victims of the Russian plan in Egypt, or project colors of the russian flag on the white house or other important buildings. So what? Think of it this way, the bombing happened in "my country", but majority of the victims are citizens that want to break away and establish their "own country".

LJJ
11-19-2015, 08:46 PM

Iranians and Saudis don't think they are European (well, the Iranians arguably do, in a way), but they certainly do think they are culturally and racially superior to all the other Muslim people in their vicinity. Much like the Turks.

brownmamba00
11-19-2015, 09:42 PM
It's shameful no way of excusing this but the crowd was yelling 'martyrs don't die' pointing at the fact that 100s died in Ankara. Protesting how nobody in the world or even in Turki gave much attention to it...Erdogan has people tensed up it's getting more violent every day.

In no way is the crowd supporting ISIS tho just because they yell allah akbar dont mean they are terrorists.

JohnnySic
11-19-2015, 10:08 PM
Iranians and Saudis don't think they are European (well, the Iranians arguably do, in a way), but they certainly do think they are culturally and racially superior to all the other Muslim people in their vicinity. Much like the Turks.
Yeah true.

ALBballer
11-19-2015, 10:28 PM
It's shameful no way of excusing this but the crowd was yelling 'martyrs don't die' pointing at the fact that 100s died in Ankara. Protesting how nobody in the world or even in Turki gave much attention to it...Erdogan has people tensed up it's getting more violent every day.

In no way is the crowd supporting ISIS tho just because they yell allah akbar dont mean they are terrorists.

Yelling Allah Akbar doesn't mean you are a terrorist but yelling allah akbar during a moment of silence for the people that died in Paris is probably not a good look. Imagine if christians were yelling Hail Jesus in the moment of silence for the death of Muslims.

In addition, it's possible that some of the far right Turks were supporting ISIS since they are fighting the Kurds.

NumberSix
11-19-2015, 10:35 PM
Yelling Allah Akbar doesn't mean you are a terrorist but yelling allah akbar during a moment of silence for the people that died in Paris is probably not a good look. Imagine if christians were yelling Hail Jesus in the moment of silence for the death of Muslims.

In addition, it's possible that some of the far right Turks were supporting ISIS since they are fighting the Kurds.
Do Tuks even have a concept of "moment of silence" though? Maybe they don't know that custom?

LJJ
11-20-2015, 05:39 AM
Do Tuks even have a concept of "moment of silence" though? Maybe they don't know that custom?

They are not dumb people with no basic sense. They know perfectly well what a minute of silence is and what it stands for, and they are perfectly capable of doing it.

They also are perfectly aware of the implication of yelling "Allah Akbar" en masse while being asked to hold silence to commemorate the largely non-Muslim victims of Islamic terror.

masonanddixon
11-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Turkey is a messed up country. Still have never formally recognised or taken responsibilty for the Armenian genocide.

fiddy
11-20-2015, 08:10 AM
Turkey is a messed up country. Still have never formally recognised or taken responsibilty for the Armenian genocide.
Its not only the Armenians, they have committed borderline genocide against everyone in the Balkans (including us).

masonanddixon
11-20-2015, 08:22 AM
Its not only the Armenians, they have committed borderline genocide against everyone in the Balkans (including us).

Yes Turkey is a generally ****ed up country.

Dresta
11-20-2015, 08:50 AM
Long been time to kick those grasping ****ers out of NATO - if they keep supporting ISIS we should start pushing that shitty country to the West - take Cyprus and push them up past Ankara.

Tis about time we recognise who our enemies are, and where they come from.

JohnnySic
11-20-2015, 11:18 AM
Long been time to kick those grasping ****ers out of NATO - if they keep supporting ISIS we should start pushing that shitty country to the West - take Cyprus and push them up past Ankara.

Tis about time we recognise who our enemies are, and where they come from.
The Kurds should have their own country. The Armenians and Greeks should be compensated for lost ancestral lands too.

Its disgraceful that the historical Western city of Constantinople (Istanbul) was allowed to remain under Turkish control, and also a toehold in Europe. Stupid allies didn't stand together after WW1 and allowed Ataturk to play them like a fiddle.

fiddy
11-20-2015, 11:33 AM
The Kurds should have their own country. The Armenians and Greeks should be compensated for lost ancestral lands too.

Its disgraceful that the historical Western city of Constantinople (Istanbul) was allowed to remain under Turkish control, and also a toehold in Europe. Stupid allies didn't stand together after WW1 and allowed Ataturk to play them like a fiddle.
We get ignored once again :facepalm