PDA

View Full Version : Jason Williams' Ultimate Sacramento Kings Highlight Mix!

fragokota
11-18-2015, 12:14 PM
White Chocolate :bowdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Hb-hpkDYc

imdaman99
11-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Could you imagine how hyped he would be if he played currently??? The way he played on the Kings, not when he got shipped to Memphis and later Miami. He was my cousins fav player back in the Kings days and Webber was mine. The most exciting team maybe ever. There was no insidehoops back then (at least not that I know of :lol )

SpanishACB
11-18-2015, 12:30 PM
White Chocolate :bowdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Hb-hpkDYc

no other like him

GIF REACTION
11-18-2015, 12:30 PM
InsideHoops was created in 99 i think

fragokota
11-18-2015, 12:34 PM
Could you imagine how hyped he would be if he played currently??? The way he played on the Kings, not when he got shipped to Memphis and later Miami. He was my cousins fav player back in the Kings days and Webber was mine. The most exciting team maybe ever. There was no insidehoops back then (at least not that I know of :lol )

True, internet & social media changed everything (hyping included). Tbh i kinda enjoyed both his eras in NBA (Sacramento fancy style & later his more mature period in MEM & Miami). No doubt those Kings teams were exiting af to watch.

HitandRun Reggie
11-18-2015, 12:44 PM
I didn't realize he stole Mike Bibby's headband

HylianNightmare
11-18-2015, 02:11 PM
An nba video that's good? Weird

jayfan
11-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Fantastic.

dbugz
11-18-2015, 02:26 PM
That behind the back bounce pass @ 55 seconds mark vs the Suns is :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

stalkerforlife
11-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Top 10 PG of all time.

Genaro
11-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Is he good? Can the Cavs get him?

DoctorP
11-18-2015, 10:30 PM
:pimp:

bigkingsfan
11-18-2015, 10:37 PM
His rookie year, he was the main attraction for road games. Oohs and ahhs every arena, the only Kings player to ever do that.

Goofsta Knicca
11-18-2015, 10:51 PM
Had to go back at 0:47 to see wut he did.

According to C Webb he was a funny dood too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDKGCUmmig

Rake2204
11-18-2015, 11:07 PM
Could you imagine how hyped he would be if he played currently??? The way he played on the Kings, not when he got shipped to Memphis and later Miami. He was my cousins fav player back in the Kings days and Webber was mine. The most exciting team maybe ever. There was no insidehoops back then (at least not that I know of :lol )He was pretty hyped back then too, but I know what you mean (the Twitters, Facebooks, Instagrams, etc.)

He came in the same year as Vince Carter and for me, they were similar in one unique fashion: both were doing things that I had yet to see on an NBA stage up to that point. Carter was pulling off in-game dunks in a manner I didn't think could be done and Williams was doing things with the rock I never really figured would work or even appear in an NBA game. Plus his arrival coincided or even barely predated the whole AND1 movement, so all the modern basketball trick stuff was all still relatively unknown.

I'll say this, those two made Sportscenter can't-miss-TV for me any time either the Kings or Raptors hit the court back then.

Also, I think someone else said it, but InsideHoops was around back then. I think I began reading around 2001 or 2002, but for the Daily Shots; I didn't visit the forums for a long time.

jlip
11-18-2015, 11:27 PM
I wish he (and Rafer Alston) had been good enough to make an all star game. I would have loved to have seen what they could do with more relaxed rules.

CakeorDeath
11-19-2015, 01:40 AM
I wish he (and Rafer Alston) had been good enough to make an all star game. I would have loved to have seen what they could do with more relaxed rules.

Williams played in the rookie/sophomore game in 2000. The famous off-the-elbow pass to Raef LaFrentz (starts at 1:25 in the video) was in that game.

Not an All-Star, but definitely a sample of what he could do in a game of relaxed rules.

DoctorP
11-19-2015, 01:42 AM
Williams played in the rookie/sophomore game in 2000. The famous off-the-elbow pass to Raef LaFrentz (starts at 1:25 in the video) was in that game.

Not an All-Star, but definitely a sample of what he could do in a game of relaxed rules.

He was all-star material, especially in Memphis. Cards were stacked.

CakeorDeath
11-19-2015, 01:45 AM
He was all-star material, especially in Memphis. Cards were stacked.

Crappy thing for him is that when he was showtime in Sacramento, people knocked him for having too many turnovers.

When he dialed down the flashy stuff and became a much more sound point guard, people said he wasn't highlight material anymore.

Seems like dude could never win as far as the media was concerned.