PDA

View Full Version : Julius Randle... How is he playing?

kurple
11-18-2015, 12:16 PM
Title

SpecialQue
11-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Eh. He's doing alright. Better than D'Bustalo Bustle.

West-Side
11-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Special.

FireDavidKahn
11-18-2015, 01:26 PM
On two legs.

PP34Deuce
11-18-2015, 02:09 PM
Julius to me is a slightly better version of Thomas Robinson. they are the same player.

In college, they could get monster double doubles due to athletiscm and tenacity.

Neither guy has great touch and they both try bull doze guys longer than them.

Julius to me is what we see- A 10-12PPG 8-10RPG decent starter but not an all star.

DMAVS41
11-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Unless he's going against old man Dirk...he looks average

Genaro
11-18-2015, 02:39 PM
He's doing fine for a rookie. Of course that he's inconstant, lows and highs. I can def see the potential though. Good rebounder, good passer and good ball handler. He can be a great point forward.
What he needs to improve:
- His touch attacking the basket, often he can't finish over hight.
- The timing of his drives, he needs to recognize not all times are to go inside.
- His jumper and FT. Maybe he will have to do a make over routine like Blake did.

Defensively he's no Garnett but I don't think he's a liability.

I can see him as a great 3rd option/ good 2nd option in the future. Peak would prob be 17/11.

sammichoffate
11-18-2015, 03:11 PM
He's basically almost averaging a double double in his rookie season since he missed all of last season, low key all-rookie first team stats with 10/8 so far. He does have things to work on like defense, his off-hand, shooting, and knowing when to attack. Clarkson and Randle are the building blocks for the future though, it'll be nice to see what he can do with a real coach because he's just performing on his own talent and not with an actual team.

BlazerRed
11-18-2015, 03:18 PM
He's doing fine for a rookie. Of course that he's inconstant, lows and highs. I can def see the potential though. Good rebounder, good passer and good ball handler. He can be a great point forward.
What he needs to improve:
- His touch attacking the basket, often he can't finish over hight.
- The timing of his drives, he needs to recognize not all times are to go inside.
- His jumper and FT. Maybe he will have to do a make over routine like Blake did.

Defensively he's no Garnett but I don't think he's a liability.

I can see him as a great 3rd option/ good 2nd option in the future. Peak would prob be 17/11.
Boris Diaw?

outbreak
11-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Boris Diaw?
He hasnt got the all rund talent. Diaw was a point guard and has great fundimentals

LoneyROY7
11-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Very bad defense and only one move on offense.

Not a good combo.

Levity
11-18-2015, 03:33 PM
there's still a lot of aspects of the game he needs to work on. he generally plays at a taz-mania pace, thinking thats his only way to get to the basket, and when doing so, almost always forces himself to go left.

once he learns to take what the defense gives him, and couples that with a reliable 20 footer, he'll be a great 2nd option. he can absorb contact with the best of them, and is a quick jumper.

defensively, him man v man game is further along than i thought it would be. and id thank artest for that. help defense is often times non-existent. but the whole team, sans hibbert, is like that.

the kids still really young, but his development is light years ahead than it was in summer league. his play making, when not so forced, is pretty respectable.

Crown&Coke
11-18-2015, 03:53 PM
His home/away split is something to marvel at.

He is averaging like 18/10 at home and like 7/5 on the road

He has a very weird spin on the rock that makes almost every shot have the potential to roll out.

He has the same problem JC had early last year, has only one gear, pedal to the metal. If he can get comfortable rocking someone to sleep then exploding he can get easier attempts rather than driving and trying to finish on an entire team

LoneyROY7
11-18-2015, 03:59 PM
His home/away split is something to marvel at.

He is averaging like 18/10 at home and like 7/5 on the road

He has a very weird spin on the rock that makes almost every shot have the potential to roll out.

He has the same problem JC had early last year, has only one gear, pedal to the metal. If he can get comfortable rocking someone to sleep then exploding he can get easier attempts rather than driving and trying to finish on an entire team

He's averaging 15/10 at home in 4 games. He's played 3 more games on the road.