PDA

View Full Version : Still cant believe how accurate while insanely prolific of a shooter Curry is

pauk
11-18-2015, 06:44 PM
34 PPG @ 52% FG, 46% 3PT (five 3's per game), 92% FT

PER - 34.86

Never seen anything like this...

Now what im gona say is not just based on this season, ive seen enough since his first game to today to make this opinion, Curry is the greatest shooter (by far) i ever seen and this comes from a 90s nostalgia child who staned the likes of Reggie Miller & Drazen Petrovic.... The thing is he is doing all this of the dribble, tough tough tough shots & in huge bunches, to the amount of which no pure shooter ever managed, this guy will break many shooting records, especially the career 3pt's made (once he is done with that one it will be as unbeatable as Wilts 100).... if Curry continues like this infact i wouldnt be surprised if there EVER will be a better shooter, i think he is that ridicilous of a pure shooter.

What do you think? I dont want to know if you think he is the greatest shooter you ever seen... i want to know WHY he isnt the greatest shooter you ever seen (if that is your opinion).

Am i really exaggerating here?

Beastmode88
11-18-2015, 06:45 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: Curry bout to knock bron bron out of top 15.

GOAT shooter.

Gus Hemmingway
11-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Agreed, already a prolific shooter.

Already surpassed Kobe's prime in only a couple years :bowdown: :bowdown:

aj1987
11-18-2015, 06:47 PM
GOAT shooter and is on a tier of his own. No one comes close either.

SexSymbol
11-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Agreed, already a prolific shooter.

You do realize that people just tolerate you, right?

AnaheimLakers24
11-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Best player in the world
2/6

warriorfan
11-18-2015, 06:55 PM

Considering this is like his 10th account I don't really think your statement holds much truth. :lol

JimmyMcAdocious
11-18-2015, 06:57 PM

When did ISH trolling go from somewhat creative to spamming? What a weak era for trolling.

re: Curry. All I know is if I take the shots he does in 2K, it's considered a bad shot. And his shooting keeps improving each season. What the **** is up with that?

FreezingTsmoove
11-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Another ring and he's Top 10.

Jameerthefear
11-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Duh.

pauk
11-18-2015, 07:12 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: Curry bout to knock bron bron out of top 15.

GOAT shooter.

Dont you think there is much more to prove as a player (need many more FMVPs / MVPs for example) to make that assumption? I think he has that top 10-15 potential tho, why not? We shall see.

Wish this guy only the best, as far as shooting goes i know what it takes, i grew up practicing shooting to death for 10-15 years, everyday, shooters respect shooters and this guy is THE pure shooter.... we all know what you need to do to get to that shooting level, especially to Currys level... he must be sleeping in the gym... He was also lucky to have been born to Dell Curry (another great pure shooter i used to love in the 90s, Dell had the sweetest looking text-book stroke) and show him as early as possible how & what needs to be done.... then he added/combined insane mobility to it (quickness/speed, ballhandling/moves & ballcontrol) and here we have this unstoppable sniper dropping bombs from anywhere / anytime.

Never seen anything like this, its kindof like Mark Price on steroids.

WorldWarriors
11-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Dont you think there is much more to prove as a player (need many more FMVPs / MVPs for example) to make that assumption? I think he has that top 10-15 potential tho, why not? We shall see.

Wish this guy only the best, as far as shooting goes i know what it takes, i grew up practicing shooting to death for 10-15 years, everyday, shooters respect shooters and this guy is THE pure shooter.... we all know what you need to do to get to that shooting level, especially to Currys level... he must be sleeping in the gym... He was also lucky to have been born to Dell Curry (another great pure shooter i used to love in the 90s, Dell had the sweetest looking text-book stroke) and show him as early as possible how & what needs to be done.... then he added/combined insane mobility to it (quickness/speed, ballhandling/moves & ballcontrol) and here we have this unstoppable sniper dropping bombs from anywhere / anytime.

Never seen anything like this, its kindof like Mark Price on steroids. He practices his jumpers for hours after the team practice.

AlphaWolf24
11-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Lil Kobe....

plays exactly how I would Imagine a PG version of Kobe would be..

same shot selection and everything...

No worries about shot selection or Analytic s.....ALPHA 4th quarter mentality...

nice cheekbones....

AMC...Chef Curry aka Lil KB..reppin dat West Coast 2.0..:bowdown:

welcome to the Fam.....below 50% FG not givin a F ALPHA's...

JohnMax
11-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Pauk quitting on Lebron like Lebron quits on teams?

SexSymbol
11-18-2015, 07:36 PM
Pauk quitting on LeBron like he quits on the Jordan flop video

FKAri
11-18-2015, 07:38 PM

Did ANY Kobe stan survive the massacre? :oldlol:

Gus Hemmingway
11-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Did ANY Kobe stan survive the massacre? :oldlol:
NOPE

They all ran to my Curry and WARRRRIOORRSS nation:lol

pauk
11-18-2015, 08:28 PM

You have me confused with a 11 year old stan, i enjoy Lebrons game yes... i also enjoy/enjoyed 1000 others based on my acquired taste (pure shooting and/or passing, with a few exceptions like Jordan or Lebron)... same story with teams... im just a basketball fan, love great basketball, thats it....

pauk
11-18-2015, 08:43 PM
Anyways, can you think of some other pure shooter who also was that prolific/productive with it scoring wise? (i really think he could lead the league in PPG if he wanted, especially if he switched to SG focusing only on scoring). There is Bird, but lets be honest he didnt have that range or at least sure didnt use it nowhere near as much, he worked/shot more inside/midrange and such... some rare other players may have been about just as rangeful & accurate shooters (Reggie for example), but they didnt have that insane ballhandling/control with speed/quickness required to abuse it the way Curry does exactly....

Its literally like if you gave Allen Iverson the most accurate pure shooting ability ever.... Thats what Curry is basically, a sniper with unstoppable mobility with the ball... very unfair combination...

livinglegend
11-18-2015, 08:47 PM
:facepalm
He praises another player without even mentioning Lebron once in his whole post.
And you retarded low IQ dumbass concluded he quit on Lebron. :facepalm

Hey Yo
11-18-2015, 09:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUICvhZWsAARv-E.png

3ball
11-18-2015, 09:10 PM
image showing Curry's the best 3-point shooter

Even with all the great 3-point shooting, his points-per-possession (126 ORtg) isn't any better than MJ's, and MJ scored more, with more apg, rpg, spg, and defense... According to Pop, MJ was the standard for 2-way play.

oh the horror
11-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Curry right now is one of the most dangerous shooters I've ever seen in watching 20+ years of ball.

He's far and away better than Reggie ever was...venture to say he's better than Ray Allen. This dude makes threes look like lay ups.

3ball
11-18-2015, 09:12 PM
Curry right now is one of the most dangerous shooters I've ever seen in watching 20+ years of ball.

He's far and away better than Reggie ever was...venture to say he's better than Ray Allen. This dude makes threes look like lay ups.
Even with all the great 3-point shooting, his points-per-possession (126 ORtg) isn't any better than MJ's, and MJ scored more, with more apg, rpg, spg, and defense... According to Pop, MJ was the standard for 2-way play.

pauk
11-18-2015, 09:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUICvhZWsAARv-E.png

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/wsod.gif

FKAri
11-18-2015, 09:13 PM

The top 10 3pt FGs made list is going to be completely different in 20 years. Ray Allen himself might no longer be on it.

Jameerthefear
11-18-2015, 09:13 PM

He's most definitely better than Ray Allen. There is no shooter close to him. Period.

24-Inch_Chrome
11-18-2015, 09:14 PM

Michael Jordan never managed a 126 ORTG, topped out at 125...

Mr. Jabbar
11-18-2015, 09:15 PM
Considering this is like his 10th account I don't really think your statement holds much truth. :lol

damn :lol :lol

Jameerthefear
11-18-2015, 09:15 PM
:roll:

FKAri
11-18-2015, 09:18 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZWQ3YOMtJaM/UEsnJKgjdkI/AAAAAAAACo0/miO-N7XEaFA/s320/black-kid-oh-snap.gif

pauk
11-18-2015, 09:22 PM

Shit man, even here...? MJ? Really?

Pushxx
11-18-2015, 09:30 PM

Scrolling on my phone I couldn't see the column with the poster's name when I started reading this, but I bet myself a billion dollars it was 3ball when I got to to the bolded part.

Hey Yo
11-18-2015, 09:33 PM
damn :lol :lol
As usual....no sensible contribution to the board whatsoever.

:sleeping

pauk
11-18-2015, 10:02 PM
Lil Kobe....

plays exactly how I would Imagine a PG version of Kobe would be..

same shot selection and everything...

No worries about shot selection or Analytic s.....ALPHA 4th quarter mentality...

nice cheekbones....

AMC...Chef Curry aka Lil KB..reppin dat West Coast 2.0..:bowdown:

welcome to the Fam.....below 50% FG not givin a F ALPHA's...

Come on dude, Kobe only wished he had this shooting ability, same goes with Jordan or... Lebron and so on, especially Lebron with those damn FTs (especially this season, 61%, wtf).... or anybody.... actually anybody in history perhaps... perhaps he/they wished that ballhandling/control aswell, Curry may infact be the best at that in the NBA also, only Kyrie has something to say about it i think (just my opinion).

Im not saying Curry > Kobe/Jordan/Lebron/Anybody.... no way, just saying Curry has a different game and im sure he wishes he could have something those guys had instead...

"Lil Kobe" would be more something like Allen Iverson, perhaps exactly like Allen Iverson if you think about it...... Curry is more closer to something like "Lil Reggie/Ray Allen" or something (assuming he/they also got that mobility & ballhandling at that size, because that is ultimately which allows Curry to abuse/exploit his pure shooting like the way he does atm)

SpecialQue
11-18-2015, 10:05 PM

I thought you said FMVP was an overrated achievement? Why would this matter?

VeeCee15
11-18-2015, 10:05 PM
On top of being the best shooter ever
curry also has one of the best handles ever can create his shot anywhere, get his shot up faster than anyone ever at higher percentages

he also never looks out of control..he's so smooth

pauk
11-18-2015, 10:15 PM
I thought you said FMVP was an overrated achievement? Why would this matter?

It is not for the majority of fans who like to rank players all-time in specific orders, only reason you saw that... for me however its a different criteria indeed... its horribly subjective trying to rank players, there is a reason no such list exists officially, there is really no accurate way of ranking/evaluating a players greatness to the point where you can without any objections from anyone in the world specifically order/rank him on a number, this is because its not a 1vs1 game, its a team game and the individuals accomplishments (the "most important" ones at least) are accomplished within the blessings of the team.... you can be the greatest individual talent to ever lace em up but NEVER win a championship due to horrible supporting cast, which results in you being ranked lower than a LESSER talented player because his team was better / giving him rings.... doesnt make sense? Well it makes sense somehow for majority of fans.

I believe there is a "10 greatest players of all time" list, but not in order... thats where it gets difficult, perhaps impossible... not even Michael Jordan is 100% safe at #1. (Bill Russell or Kareem has something to say about it based on obvious criteria for at least Russell which is "rings", even Wilt based on the "most dominant individual player" / "stats" criteria)

pauk
11-18-2015, 10:42 PM
On top of being the best shooter ever
curry also has one of the best handles ever can create his shot anywhere, get his shot up faster than anyone ever at higher percentages

he also never looks out of control..he's so smooth

That is the main difference between him and any pure shooter ever, the mobility with the ball.... there has never been a pure shooter like that (not from what i have seen), closest would be Steve Nash or Mark Price perhaps... but Curry even compared to those two is on another level with the handling combined with a quicker release and more athleticism.... its exactly that which allows Curry to exploit that pure shooting ability like no pure shooter was able to do before, this is why Curry can create/make more looks & even better looks a pure shooter likes (which results in similar or higher % despite much more attempts).

Take Reggie or Ray Allen for example, they arguably were as accurate shooters with same range etc. as Curry but to get their shots up they had to work more without the ball, especially Reggie had to fight for his life even inventing new ways trying to get open of the screens in the 90s.... but if they also had that mobility of Curry they also could perhaps produce more looks for themselves....... understand what i mean?

But that is just hypothetics, reality is this what sepparates Curry from any pure shooter ever (in the shooting department at least) and makes him the greatest shooter i ever seen. Curry simply has the deadliest tool a pure shooter can possess... something which makes it completely unfair for everybody else... something which was almost impossible for a pure shooter to get.... and that is Allen Iversons type of ballhandling+quickness and a stupidly quick release while maintaining exactly the same aim/% (seriously, he shoots it like he is under great stress, the ball is on fire & there is 0.01 seconds left on the shot clock, every time)....

diamenz
11-18-2015, 10:50 PM

i don't like mj anymore because of you. **** off.

3ball
11-19-2015, 01:01 AM
Ridiculous

KungFuJoe
11-19-2015, 01:08 AM
The only knock on Curry is that he can be a bit TO prone...gets a bit cocky and makes lazy passes that get deflected.

stalkerforlife
11-19-2015, 01:09 AM
Better than Bran.

VeeCee15
11-19-2015, 01:14 AM
Agreed Pauk,

I want to add that when Curry drives even his layups/floaters are efficient..he flicks them off so quickly, high off the glass etc with very short, efficient movements on his hand/arm so it's hard to block.

He does have AI like handles..but his handles are even more efficient than AI.

I don't understand how Curry looks so balanced all the time when he drives..it looks like he's doing things in SLOW mo it's so smooth but he just blows right fast or fakes out the defender. It's like some matrix type shit

VeeCee15
11-19-2015, 01:15 AM
Curry plays less minutes than Jordan..and he's not even trying to score as much unlike jordan. Like I said Curry can average close to 40ppg if he had MJ like scoring mentality throughout 4 quarters

I agree he is a bit TO prone hopefully addition of nash will help him.
When he is on, Curry one of the best passers though

3ball
11-19-2015, 01:22 AM
Popovich says MJ is the standard for two-way play:

[INDENT]"[I](Kawhi) has the ability to do what a Michael Jordan did at both ends, and I don

kamil
11-19-2015, 01:23 AM
Curry plays less minutes than Jordan..and he's not even trying to score as much unlike jordan. Like I said Curry can average close to 40ppg if he had MJ like scoring mentality throughout 4 quarters

I agree he is a bit TO prone hopefully addition of nash will help him.
When he is on, Curry one of the best passers though

Didn't steve nash himself have a high turnover rate?

24-Inch_Chrome
11-19-2015, 01:39 AM
You said that Curry's 126 ORTG wasn't better than Jordan's.

http://uptownmagazine.com/files/2014/05/382d75de7555ae483b5d5755d0262436ce35e1019d001401c3 cc4a370f4c8aed.jpg

You're welcome to backtrack now and use whatever you want to try to make your shitty point but your original statement that I replied to was factually wrong. I find it hilarious that Curry already has you so insecure about Jordan. :lol

3ball
11-19-2015, 01:52 AM
Popovich said Jordan is the standard for 2-way play:

"(Kawhi) has the ability to do what a Michael Jordan did at both ends, and I don’t mean he’s Michael Jordan,” Popovich said. “But you think about the best players in the league, they’re not two-way players. He wants to do that.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/spurs/2015/11/11/kawhi-leonard-gregg-popovich-spurs-charles-barkley-michael-jordan/75612616/

24-Inch_Chrome
11-19-2015, 01:57 AM
Only a fool doesn't check their numbers before making a statement. :confusedshrug:

No one thinks that Curry is better than Jordan, stop being so ****ing insecure about everything.

TheBigVeto
11-19-2015, 02:29 AM

That is not an accomplishment dawg, so many have done that.

pauk
12-06-2015, 12:19 AM
I was kindof waiting for him to come back to planet earth, but it just keeps going and going and going.... he just is that good of a shooter, believe it or not... at this pace he is also going for 400+ 3's made in a season...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/impressed.gif

HighFlyer23
12-06-2015, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=3ball]JORDAN 1988-1991 (4 seasons): 33.1 ppg.. 6.6 rpg.. 6.4 apg.. 2.9 spg.. 1.0 bpg.. 53.5 fg.. 123 ortg
STEPH CURRY 2016 (12 games): 33.7 ppg.. 4.8 rpg.. 5.9 apg.. 2.4 spg.. 0.3 bpg.. 52.1 fg.. 126 ortg

MJ had more rpg, apg, spg, and bpg than Curry... And defense - Curry is a 1-way player, whereas Popovich said Jordan is the standard for 2-way play:

[INDENT]"[I](Kawhi) has the ability to do what a Michael Jordan did at both ends, and I don