PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio...He Is Who We Thought He Was

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 12:14 AM
A career .368 FG% shooter, now in his 5th season, and shooting...

.354 from the field.

An injury-plagued bust.

outbreak
11-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Why is he a bust because he doesn't score? He's a great facilitator on with Wiggins and Towns he doesn't need to be a scoring option? It's all about fit not just about who can score the most :facepalm

Proctor
11-19-2015, 12:24 AM
He is who he is, better not shooting the ball, not a bust, and would be a transcendent player in the 60s. So good for him. Great PG.

TaLvsCuaL
11-19-2015, 12:25 AM
The injury-plagued part is sadly true :(

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 12:26 AM
Why is he a bust because he doesn't score? He's a great facilitator on with Wiggins and Towns he doesn't need to be a scoring option? It's all about fit not just about who can score the most :facepalm

:roll: :roll: :roll:

He's been a complete loser his entire career. Please, don't get caught up in a few early season wins.

This goofball should be booted back to Europe, where he would likely be a star.

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 12:27 AM
He is who he is, better not shooting the ball, not a bust, and would be a transcendent player in the 60s. So good for him. Great PG.

Pistol Pete was a FAR greater player. Hell, Ernie D would have made a fool out of this clown.

Rubio would be selling popcorn in the stands in the 60's.

knickballer
11-19-2015, 12:30 AM
Still will have a better career than Bustangelo

Hittin_Shots
11-19-2015, 12:31 AM
Pistol Pete was a FAR greater player. Hell, Ernie D would have made a fool out of this clown.

Do you actually believe 60s players are better than modern players? I'm not saying with the same technology and training. I'm saying straight up how they were then vs how the players are now.

Proctor
11-19-2015, 12:31 AM

So all you can contend about Rubio is that Maravich was the better player? Way to go out on a limb.

Rubio would be throwing passes that would put those farmers in the hospital.

Smoke117
11-19-2015, 12:32 AM

Whether or not they need his "scoring" he still has to keep the defense honest. He's a guy any will play off of when he doesn't have the ball and that's a liability for everybody else on the team.

game3524
11-19-2015, 12:32 AM
The Spanish version of Rondo.

DaOldLion
11-19-2015, 12:33 AM
yeah he's honestly not nearly as good as he was hyped up to be.

37% for your career is pathetic, especially for a starting point guard. His defense and play-making doesn't do nearly enough to make up for his inability to score efficiently.

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 12:34 AM
Do you actually believe 60s players are better than modern players? I'm not saying with the same technology and training. I'm saying straight up how they were then vs how the players are now.

Nope...about the same.

The best players of the 60's would be just as great today. And send the best of any other era back to the 60's, and they would have been just as great, as well.

Of course, this topic is about Rubio, who is a below average, injury-plagued player in today's NBA, and would probably have been riding the bench, at best, in the 60's.

DaOldLion
11-19-2015, 12:34 AM

not even close, Rondo had and has so much more impact on the game and way better on offense

Akrazotile
11-19-2015, 12:35 AM

Yeah but 35% is pretty bad. Especially in the playoffs when teams really game plan... Would probably become very problematic.

RRR3
11-19-2015, 12:36 AM
At least Rubio can hit FTs.

DaOldLion
Nope...about the same.

The best players of the 60's would be just as great today. And send the best of any other era back to the 60's, and they would have been just as great, as well.

Of course, this topic is about Rubio, who is a below average, injury-plagued player in today's NBA, and would probably have been riding the bench, at best, in the 60's.

any sane fan would admit that the pace was sooo much faster back in the 60's which saw produced monstrous stats for the best players. You can't seriously believe that those stats would translate over to the modern NBA, especially the rebounding.

LAZERUSS
So all you can contend about Rubio is that Maravich was the better player? Way to go out on a limb.

Rubio would be throwing passes that would put those farmers in the hospital.

I won't even use Maravich, but instead, how about Ernie D?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY65sR4rvA0

Now, just how great was Ernie D's NBA career?

outbreak
Whether or not they need his "scoring" he still has to keep the defense honest. He's a guy any will play off of when he doesn't have the ball and that's a liability for everybody else on the team.

The fact is the Wolves are a much better team with him than with out him. It's hard to call him a "bust" when he is still a decent player, disappointment maybe fits better? A bust is Johnny Flynn or Hasheem Thabeet. Rubio's no star but he's not a scrub either.

DaOldLion
11-19-2015, 12:38 AM
At least Rubio can hit FTs.

at least Rondo can shoot over 40% (14ppg on 48%; Rubios career high = 12 on 37%) and average averaged double digit assist :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

game3524
11-19-2015, 12:38 AM
not even close, Rondo had and has so much more impact on the game and way better on offense

Not really.

Even at Rondo's peak, the Celtics overall were a poor offensive team. And that shouldn't happen when you are playing with guys like Pierce, Allen, and KG.

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 12:39 AM
any sane fan would admit that the pace was sooo much faster back in the 60's which saw produced monstrous stats for the best players. You can't seriously believe that those stats would translate over to the modern NBA, especially the rebounding.

No one is claiming that the stats would be the same. BUT, greatness is greatness.

Kevin Love?

Jerry Lucas was Kevin Love long before Love was.

If Love could average 15 rpg in 36 mpg in the modern NBA, I have absolutely no doubt that Lucas would equal that, as well.

DaOldLion
11-19-2015, 12:41 AM
The fact is the Wolves are a much better team with him than with out him. It's hard to call him a "bust" when he is still a decent player, disappointment maybe fits better? A bust is Johnny Flynn or Hasheem Thabeet. Rubio's no star but he's not a scrub either.

woopitty fuccing doo they are a perinial lottery team.. he's never even averaged 9+ assist per game so the thing he does best he's not even elite at and then he's a complete liability in every other category offensively. And he's not an all nba type defender to make up for this either.. dude will find his role off the bench with a good team eventually but he's an absolute joke of a starter for how hyped he was

plowking
11-19-2015, 12:46 AM
People didn't seem to mind when Kidd and Iverson shot in the high 30% range.

If anything, Rubio manages it better by shooting less than both of them.

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 12:47 AM

Along with doing less at everything else, as well.

This guy is a bust.

DaOldLion
11-19-2015, 12:47 AM
No one is claiming that the stats would be the same. BUT, greatness is greatness.

Kevin Love?

Jerry Lucas was Kevin Love long before Love was.

If Love could average 15 rpg in 36 mpg in the modern NBA, I have absolutely no doubt that Lucas would equal that, as well.

ok thats nice but not really what i'm talking about. nobody would be averaging that ridiculous 24+ rebounds or 40+ points, the game simply isn't played at a high enough pace for that to occur, all of their points would be coming off of 2pters save for a select few guys.

the competition was also lower back then compared to today. The first african american player to play in the NBA was only in 1950, so you had an entire generation of 10-18 year old black children who never even considered playing basketball as a serious money making profession. Back in the 1960's you had people holding 2nd jobs to make ends meet, it isn't like today where parents begin having their children train from 6 years old to be potential nba players..

DaOldLion
11-19-2015, 12:48 AM

those guys were also posting superior stats to Rubio and leading their teams to the NBA finals. What exactly is Rubio doing again?

outbreak
11-19-2015, 12:49 AM
woopitty fuccing doo they are a perinial lottery team.. he's never even averaged 9+ assist per game so the thing he does best he's not even elite at and then he's a complete liability in every other category offensively. And he's not an all nba type defender to make up for this either.. dude will find his role off the bench with a good team eventually but he's an absolute joke of a starter for how hyped he was

Wolves with Wiggins and Towns won't be a lottery team for long. You can't blame him for being drafted by a team that was rebuiding. That's like saying Irving was a bad player before Lebron because he was on a perennial lottery team. Can't use that against him because no one is saying he has to be able to single handedly lead a team to the play offs to avoid being called a bust. Like I said he isn't a great player but he's not terrible either.

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 12:51 AM
ok thats nice but not really what i'm talking about. nobody would be averaging that ridiculous 24+ rebounds or 40+ points, the game simply isn't played at a high enough pace for that to occur, all of their points would be coming off of 2pters save for a select few guys.

the competition was also lower back then compared to today. The first african american player to play in the NBA was only in 1950, so you had an entire generation of 10-18 year old black children who never even considered playing basketball as a serious money making profession. Back in the 1960's you had people holding 2nd jobs to make ends meet, it isn't like today where parents begin having their children train from 6 years old to be potential nba players..

And yet, find me a season in the 60's in which the best players dominated, and I will show you their performances from the year before, and the year after.

My point is...a 39 year old KAJ was carpet-bombing Hakeem and Ewing in the 80's. He had more problems with an old Wilt and an aging Thurmond, and was abused by a peak Moses.

Again, find me the EXACT year in which the NBA suddenly went into the "modern era."

FKAri
11-19-2015, 12:51 AM
Nope...about the same.

You mean straight time travel?

Jordan would be a fkin God in the 50's. Heck he would've been so good he would've probably killed the sport's popularity by making a mockery of it.

DaOldLion
11-19-2015, 12:54 AM
Not really.

Even at Rondo's peak, the Celtics overall were a poor offensive team. And that shouldn't happen when you are playing with guys like Pierce, Allen, and KG.

10th in 08, 6th in 09, 15th in 10. Their pace was always in the bottom half of the league too. Rondo's peak didn't occur until the latter half of the 2010 season. Where he put up 16/5/9/2 on 46% FG while going all the way to game 7 of the finals in the playoffs. Now, let's ignore the fact that Rubio hasn't even been to the playoffs, and focus on the fact that he hasn't gotten close to putting up that type of ppg on that type of efficiency, and that he's never even averaged 9+ assist per game, Rondo has not only done this in the regular season but he's also done this over the course of an entire playoff run that went to the finals

:biggums: :biggums:

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 12:54 AM
You mean straight time travel?

Jordan would be a fkin God in the 50's. Heck he would've been so good he would've probably killed the sport's popularity by making a mockery of it.

Not sure about the late 50's, but in the 60's, and with the conditions at the time...likely a 45 ppg scorer on about a .450 FG% at his peak.

plowking
11-19-2015, 12:55 AM
those guys were also posting superior stats to Rubio and leading their teams to the NBA finals. What exactly is Rubio doing again?

Jason Kidd at Rubio's age was averaging 12/6/9...

Rubio is averaging 12/4/8...

Mrofir
11-19-2015, 12:56 AM
He's still young. Kidd through 5 seasons was a moderately but not far better shooter than Rubio. If Rubio can pull his FG% up to 40 he's a good player.

I honestly think he will figure that out.

Give him another 3 years before final judgement. He's a guy with 10 seasons left.

plowking
11-19-2015, 12:56 AM
Along with doing less at everything else, as well.

This guy is a bust.

What were they doing that Rubio wasn't?

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 12:58 AM
He's still young. Kidd through 5 seasons was a moderately but not far better shooter than Rubio. If Rubio can pull his FG% up to 40 he's a good player.

I honestly think he will figure that out.

Give him another 3 years before final judgement. He's a guy with 10 seasons left.

He has had long enough. He is 25 years old, and is basically the SAME player today, as he was when he came into the league. Oh, and then there is that injury thing, as well.

BUST.

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 01:00 AM
What were they doing that Rubio wasn't?

Iverson was one of those mentioned...how about leading the league in scoring and taking his team to the Finals at age 25?

DaOldLion
11-19-2015, 01:00 AM
Wolves with Wiggins and Towns won't be a lottery team for long. You can't blame him for being drafted by a team that was rebuiding. That's like saying Irving was a bad player before Lebron because he was on a perennial lottery team. Can't use that against him because no one is saying he has to be able to single handedly lead a team to the play offs to avoid being called a bust. Like I said he isn't a great player but he's not terrible either.

You can't blame him for being drafted by a team that was rebuiding.

I can blame him for not improving in any facet of his game for his entire career , in his rookie year he put up 10 FGA per game on 36%.. what's he doing this year? Putting up 10 FGA per game on 36%.. what'd he do last year? Another 10 FGA on 36%

His playmaking his supposed to be his saving grace, yet he's never even managed over 9 assist per game..

That's like saying Irving was a bad player before Lebron because he was on a perennial lottery team.

no not at all, Irving was putting up 22/6 on 45% showing that he can be elite at at least one aspect of the game. He showed that he could score at an NBA level in his 2nd year.. Rubio still hasn't done that.. Rubio hasn't shown that he can be elite at any aspect of the game other than flashy passes. He's not an elite playmaker or defender is an absolute liability scoring the ball.. Kyrie is in an entirely different league than Rubio and its obvious watching them play and even in the box score..

DaOldLion
11-19-2015, 01:01 AM
Jason Kidd at Rubio's age was averaging 12/6/9...

Rubio is averaging 12/4/8...

And Iverson at Rubio's age was leading the league in scoring, winning MVP and taking his team to the finals

big difference

Kblaze8855
11-19-2015, 01:10 AM
I dont care if someone who shoots it 8-9 times makes 3 as opposed to 4 of them when his job isnt to score. Last full game I watched of his was vs the Bulls and he shot 20%...and was playing well. 200 points get scored...im not gonna determine if you played well or not by if you made or missed 2 that greatly alter your percentages when you only take 10-11 shots.

There is no number which on its own proves what he is. Hell hes 12th at the moment in career assists per game and Nash is the only person ahead of him who didnt play more minutes. And his career steals per game is 7th highest all time.

Those dont prove hes a star.

I never thought he would be some 20-25 a game scorer. He was supposed to be a playmaker. Which he seems to be.

Proctor
11-19-2015, 01:12 AM
You guys are all wasting your time with the comparisons...

Iverson was Iverson, Kidd was Kidd, Maravich was Maravich, Rubio is Rubio.

Not a bust, and someone who would make 60s era guards look like lawn gnomes with his passing.

plowking
11-19-2015, 01:22 AM
Iverson was one of those mentioned...how about leading the league in scoring and taking his team to the Finals at age 25?

But Iverson was never the passer, rebounder or defender that Rubio was.

And Iverson was taking 30 shots to score 30 points in the playoffs that year. Is that conductive to a team winning?

Milbuck
11-19-2015, 01:23 AM
Rubio is a stud and I would LOVE him on the Bucks. Anyone who judges him based on his raw stats doesn't have a clue about his game. Dude is a brilliant floor general and one of the highest impact players in the game despite what the numbers say.

game3524
11-19-2015, 01:25 AM
But Iverson was never the passer, rebounder or defender that Rubio was.

And Iverson was taking 30 shots to score 30 points in the playoffs that year. Is that conductive to a team winning?

Uh...yeah.

The Sixers were basically .600 ball club(50 win pace) with a healthy AI in the lineup taking a crap load of shots.

Deuce Bigalow
11-19-2015, 01:53 AM
Wouldve gone down as a legend had he played in the 60's.

DaOldLion
11-19-2015, 02:02 AM
I dont care if someone who shoots it 8-9 times makes 3 as opposed to 4 of them when his job isnt to score. Last full game I watched of his was vs the Bulls and he shot 20%...and was playing well. 200 points get scored...im not gonna determine if you played well or not by if you made or missed 2 that greatly alter your percentages when you only take 10-11 shots.

There is no number which on its own proves what he is. Hell hes 12th at the moment in career assists per game and Nash is the only person ahead of him who didnt play more minutes. And his career steals per game is 7th highest all time.

I never thought he would be some 20-25 a game scorer. He was supposed to be a playmaker. Which he seems to be.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ast_per_g_career.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/rate_stat_req.html

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

deja vu
11-19-2015, 02:16 AM

Very much this. Rubio isn't going to be a lights out scorer and I don't know why people want him to be that way.

If he can keep his shooting percentages respectable then he'll do fine. Wolves are miles better when he plays. It's obvious he has a huge impact on the team.

With Wiggins and Towns, he doesn't need to score a ton, just keep hitting those open shots.

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 02:23 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ast_per_g_career.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/rate_stat_req.html

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Yeah...those career numbers are very deceptive.

For instance, Tiny Archibald, who averaged 7.39 apg in his career, was at 8.52 apg at age 25. Oh, and at his peak... 34 ppg while handing out 11.4 apg.

FireDavidKahn
11-19-2015, 02:23 AM
His shooting is ****ing terrible. Funny thing is, is that his ability to RUN an offense is elite and so is his defense. Despite his shooting he still is a gigantic boost to a team.

FKAri
11-19-2015, 02:24 AM
His shooting is ****ing terrible. Funny thing is, is that his ability to RUN an offense is elite and so is his defense. Despite his shooting he still is a gigantic boost to a team.

Imagine if he had a Nash jumper. It would change his game so much and open up so many things. His play would radically change :eek:

Not happening tho.

deja vu
11-19-2015, 02:24 AM
Not sure about the late 50's, but in the 60's, and with the conditions at the time...likely a 45 ppg scorer on about a .450 FG% at his peak.
So Jordan shoots worse in the 60s against worse guard defenses?

:biggums:

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 02:28 AM
So Jordan shoots worse in the 60s against worse guard defenses?

:biggums:

No, he would shoot worse against packed lanes, brutal defenses, playing in cold and even breezy venues, with poorer quality basketballs, playing 4 games in 4 nights, with worse traveling accomodations, and with much worse medical technology.

FKAri
11-19-2015, 02:30 AM
No, he would shoot worse against packed lanes, brutal defenses, playing in cold and even breezy venues, with poorer quality basketballs, playing 4 games in 4 nights, with worse traveling accomodations, and with much worse medical technology.

I actually agree with your assessment btw

plowking
11-19-2015, 02:36 AM
Uh...yeah.

The Sixers were basically .600 ball club(50 win pace) with a healthy AI in the lineup taking a crap load of shots.

Correlation and causation are two different things.

Gileraracer
11-19-2015, 04:04 AM
WHite Rondo. At least he's not the plague off the court

bigt
11-19-2015, 04:51 AM

Basically this. The thing that hurt Rubio is that he was so hyped coming into the league (aided by his performance against Team USA) that people basically expected him to become a top three point guard. He's not doing what a Curry or Westbrook is, but just because the kid isn't putting up big numbers or shooting lights out doesn't mean he isn't massively valuable to the Timberwolves, especially as they finally have a solid foundation to build around with Wiggins and KAT.

R.I.P.
11-19-2015, 05:55 AM
If Rubio could shoot, he

PsychoBe
11-19-2015, 06:04 AM
never cared for him.

dhsilv
11-19-2015, 06:17 AM
Nope...about the same.

Back when guys had to watch the ball when dribbling...

just just stop now!

dhsilv
11-19-2015, 06:39 AM
His shooting this year and last are interesting. He's greatly reduced his shot at the rim which I haven't watched enough games to comment on, but is that an issue with injuries, playing style, defensive work, or what?

If he increases that rate his field goal shooting would improve. Similarly, this year his 3 point shooting is well below his career values which should revert back.

Given those two changes his overall field goal shooting should be better than his career averages.

10-16 range he's for the last two years been much better at. 3-10 this year seems odd, but he's not shooting 0% like last year there either. Last two years his 16-3 has been 40% which is perfectly serviceable.

Now the biggest knock on him for me as been his relatively high turnover rate. So far this year he's got his turnovers right where you want them (under 15% is generally pretty good to great. His career 20% numbers are unacceptable.

His defense remains top tier level by nearly all indications and what I've seen backs that up. He's not the game changer other worldly guy Bill Simmons thought he was going to be, but bust is an absurd statement.

ZenMaster
11-19-2015, 09:30 AM
If you don't like what Rubio does on the court I would highly suspect you've never played organized basketball, so enjoyable to watch now with this new Wolves team.

Check KATs highlight from last night, Rubio is in most of the video because these guys work and fit together, too bad they can't replace Prince with KD next season, they'd be championship caliber pretty fast after hiring Luke Walton :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykEPg3BHQqY

LAZERUSS
11-19-2015, 09:56 AM
Back when guys had to watch the ball when dribbling...

just just stop now!

Yep...like this footage of young kids in 1962...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soLH6bau9uo

SpanishACB
11-19-2015, 09:58 AM
laz's wife ran with an european :(

ralph_i_el
11-19-2015, 10:51 AM

Not true at all. +/- numbers back up Rubio's impact. His teams are always significantly better with him on the floor.

Euroleague
11-25-2015, 06:05 PM
Rubio absolutely sucks. Just like I always said he did here for years before he was drafted. Yet 95+% of the forum claimed I was lying and trolling every time I said it.

I have always said Rubio peaked at age 16, and has actually even gotten worse since then.

But all these years some morons here still won't admit I was right all along about Bricky Scrubio.

Milbuck
11-25-2015, 06:32 PM
Rubio is better than Spanoulis ever was and it's not even close. Spanoulis honestly could not crack a D-League roster let alone deserve comparison to a legit starting PG in the NBA.

Euroleague
11-25-2015, 06:34 PM

He's been a complete loser his entire career. Please, don't get caught up in a few early season wins.

This goofball should be booted back to Europe, where he would likely be a star.

Yeah, except that he's been 10 times better in the NBA than he ever was in Europe (Spanish League, Euroleague, EuroBasket)..........and he freaking sucks even in the NBA.

Logic, you lack it.

Milbuck
11-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Yeah, except that he's been 10 times better in the NBA than he ever was in Europe (Spanish League, Euroleague, EuroBasket)..........and he freaking sucks even in the NBA.

Logic, you lack it.
Yeah no shit a 24 year old soon-to-be prime Rubio is playing better than his 12 year old self in Euroleague. Players tend to be better AFTER their balls drop. Hell even before that he was a 3x player of the year in Europe.

Euroleague
11-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Yeah but 35% is pretty bad. Especially in the playoffs when teams really game plan... Would probably become very problematic.

Rubio shoots those kind of percentages, having been left wide open by the defense his whole career, everywhere he has ever played.

Don't try to use basic basketball knowledge, logic, or common sense with outbreak. He can't comprehend, nor be bothered by, such "complicated" matters.

Euroleague
11-25-2015, 06:40 PM

Do you REALLY think Lazeruss is sane? SERIOUSLY?

https://media3.giphy.com/media/rkXNems5uxExG/200.gif

outbreak
11-25-2015, 06:41 PM

Logic, you lack it.
Last time you tried to argue this you looked like an idiot by comparing stats of his as a 16 and 17 year old playing against grown men. He's not a greater player, he wasn't a great player in europe. But as a kid he was a decent prospect if he could learn to shoot he just never has. You don't seem to grasp prospects and why NBA teams would take a guy whos a teenager from europe based on potential rather than an older vet who might be better now but not long term.

DMAVS41
11-25-2015, 07:49 PM

.354 from the field.

An injury-plagued bust.

He's a bust because of his injuries...not his play imo.

He's a very good game managing pg and an excellent passer. He's also been a very good defender and solid rebounder most of his career as well.

A healthy Rubio with talent around him would be a pretty darn good player imo. Hopefully we see that over the coming years.

04mzwach
11-25-2015, 08:08 PM
It's a bit premature to call him bust. He's playing some of the best ball of his career right now and what he does isn't to score 30 points a game. The greatness of Rubio is he makes his team better. He makes a .400 team a .500 team and so on. He takes the mediocre and makes them play exceptional. Instant chemistry. His shot is better than it was when he came to the league and he has had a lot of bumps in the road. Give him this season into next and see how he does. He is still capable of having a good career if he can get the injury problems under control. Rubio will be on winning teams in his prime I believe. He is able to keep turnovers so low on the offensive end and create so many on the other end of the floor better than any point guard in the league IMO.

CelticBaller
11-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Rubio is

one of the best defender at his position
one of the best playmakers in the league

how is he a bust? :confusedshrug:

stallionaire
11-25-2015, 10:48 PM
OP is a jackass.

p.s. i''m backkkkk

Nick Young
11-25-2015, 11:00 PM
He peaked as a 15 year old/Spanish league must suck if this guy was able to start and dominate over there at 14 years old.

dhsilv
11-25-2015, 11:21 PM
He peaked as a 15 year old/Spanish league must suck if this guy was able to start and dominate over there at 14 years old.

Yeah being a top 10 impact point guard in the nba is nothing like that....seriously share whatever you're drinking. I'm not sure I can do a double but I'll take a hit!

dhsilv
11-25-2015, 11:23 PM
Yep...like this footage of young kids in 1962...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soLH6bau9uo

lol wtf was that? Are those little people? Or at the shorts confusing me? Either way that was hysterical. Doesn't relate at all the our topic but man funny.

dhsilv
11-25-2015, 11:25 PM
Rubio absolutely sucks. Just like I always said he did here for years before he was drafted. Yet 95+% of the forum claimed I was lying and trolling every time I said it.

I have always said Rubio peaked at age 16, and has actually even gotten worse since then.

But all these years some morons here still won't admit I was right all along about Bricky Scrubio.

Because what you're saying is false on all levels? He's a great point guard. A second or third tier nba guy.

Fudge
11-25-2015, 11:33 PM
When was the last time the little boy shot over 50% from the field?

buddha
11-25-2015, 11:36 PM
he looked really good game one against the lakers.

dhsilv
11-25-2015, 11:37 PM
When was the last time the little boy shot over 50% from the field?

What is your point?

Every idiot on here can find that stat out in less than 30 seconds. So your ask has an agenda. So just say it, stop leading people. Act like you're 10 and are self aware.

Fudge
11-25-2015, 11:44 PM
What is your point?

Every idiot on here can find that stat out in less than 30 seconds. So your ask has an agenda. So just say it, stop leading people. Act like you're 10 and are self aware.
You sound upset.

Are you going to be okay?

LAZERUSS
11-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Yeah being a top 10 impact point guard in the nba is nothing like that....seriously share whatever you're drinking. I'm not sure I can do a double but I'll take a hit!

1. Steph Curry
2. Tony Parker
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Mike Conley
5. Chris Paul
6. Eric Bledsoe
7. Brandon Knight (Listed as a SG... 5.7 apg)
8. Damian Lillard
9. Rajon Rondo
10. James Harden ( Listed as a SG... 6.3 apg)
11. Kyrie Irving (5.2 apg last year)
12. Mo Williams
13. Derrick Rose
14. Kyle Lowry
15. Kemba Walker
16. Jeff Teague
17. Reggie Jackson
18. Isaiah Thomas
19. John Wall

The reality is, Rubio is a DIME-A-DOZEN POS PG.

LAZERUSS
11-26-2015, 12:13 PM
lol wtf was that? Are those little people? Or at the shorts confusing me? Either way that was hysterical. Doesn't relate at all the our topic but man funny.

You OBVIOUSLY missed the point.

Those were kids, probably ranging from 8-13, displaying their dribbling skills... in... 1962!

I posted it in response to the idiot who claimed that players couldn't dribble in the 60's.

Here is a COLLEGE player...from the 60's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qv0YS1wHoQ

He would BLOW AWAY your boy Rubio in EVERY aspect of the game.

THEN, think about this...

virtually NO ONE considered him better than West, or Oscar...who were nearing the ends of their careers when they all played together.

How come?

LAZERUSS
11-26-2015, 12:24 PM
Currently shooting .359 from the floor (and .158 from the arc.)

Those numbers would embarrass Stevie Wonder.

LAZERUSS
11-26-2015, 12:35 PM

Kick his sorry ass back to where he came from...and he likely would win an MVP.

Of course, when playing against the rejects of Europe, and guys like Anthony Parker look like gods.

LootOP
11-26-2015, 12:36 PM
2009: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2146548&postcount=8

2009: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2923202&postcount=5

2008: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2169279&postcount=13

2008: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2490980&postcount=16

2008: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2494065&postcount=53

2009: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2976861&postcount=34

tobethdope
11-26-2015, 01:48 PM
and yet he is still 10times more fun to watch as "stars" as lebold

Nick Young
11-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Rubio's a good NBA PG though. A Jason Kidd type who isn't as good a shooter as Kidd was-and Kidd only became a good shooter in the twilight of his career. He isn't a triple-double stats machine but he is a great decision maker and passer and plays within his skillset and puts team first.

FKAri
11-26-2015, 02:18 PM
The BEST vision in the NBA period (yes better than everyone else).
One of the best technical passers (only Rondo and Lebron are better; CP3 is arguable).
One of the best decision makers (Only about 5-10 are better).
Good defender (just short of elite)
Great leader.
Garbage everything else.

dhsilv
11-26-2015, 03:37 PM
You OBVIOUSLY missed the point.

Those were kids, probably ranging from 8-13, displaying their dribbling skills... in... 1962!

I posted it in response to the idiot who claimed that players couldn't dribble in the 60's.

Here is a COLLEGE player...from the 60's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qv0YS1wHoQ

He would BLOW AWAY your boy Rubio in EVERY aspect of the game.

THEN, think about this...

virtually NO ONE considered him better than West, or Oscar...who were nearing the ends of their careers when they all played together.

How come?

Oh god pete tries that against a guard like rubio he'd have 20 turnovers in the game.

dhsilv
11-26-2015, 03:38 PM

1. Steph Curry
2. Tony Parker
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Mike Conley
5. Chris Paul
6. Eric Bledsoe
7. Brandon Knight (Listed as a SG... 5.7 apg)
8. Damian Lillard
9. Rajon Rondo
10. James Harden ( Listed as a SG... 6.3 apg)
11. Kyrie Irving (5.2 apg last year)
12. Mo Williams
13. Derrick Rose
14. Kyle Lowry
15. Kemba Walker
16. Jeff Teague
17. Reggie Jackson
18. Isaiah Thomas
19. John Wall

The reality is, Rubio is a DIME-A-DOZEN POS PG.

The fact that you put john wall 19th basically invalidates your ability to even comment on basketball.

LAZERUSS
11-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Oh god pete tries that against a guard like rubio he'd have 20 turnovers in the game.

Let Pistol CARRY the ball like virtually EVERY NBA player does TODAY, and he would be completely unstoppable.

Meanwhile, Rubio wouldn't have gotten the ball past half court in the 60's.

Rubio would have been selling popcorn in the 60's.

LAZERUSS
11-26-2015, 03:57 PM
The fact that you put john wall 19th basically invalidates your ability to even comment on basketball.

I wasn't ranking the PG's. I was merely pointing out that there are at LEAST 19 better PG's in the NBA today, and to be quite honest, most of the rest are not much worse than Bricky.

dhsilv
11-26-2015, 03:59 PM

Let Pistol CARRY the ball like virtually EVERY NBA player does TODAY, and he would be completely unstoppable.

I gotta give it to you, few troll this well. Cheer and have a good thanksgiving.

FireDavidKahn
11-26-2015, 04:07 PM
I wasn't ranking the PG's. I was merely pointing out that there are at LEAST 19 better PG's in the NBA today, and to be quite honest, most of the rest are not much worse than Bricky.
This proves your basketball knowledge doesn't go past box scores:roll:

LAZERUSS
11-26-2015, 04:21 PM
This proves your basketball knowledge doesn't go past box scores:roll:

Or we could just use the EYE TEST...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=993UTozPECc

GoatBoy
11-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Damn, only seen the Wolves play once on opening night when he was WET against the lakers.. guess it was just an aberration :(

FireDavidKahn
11-27-2015, 02:35 AM
Or we could just use the EYE TEST...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=993UTozPECc
Shooting is ALL there is too basketball:applause:

Goofsta Knicca
11-27-2015, 02:43 AM
So if you wanna crown him... :mad:

deja vu
11-27-2015, 04:31 AM

Imagine if Rubio faced these guards LOL

http://i33.tinypic.com/25q817l.jpg

He would be a legend in that era.

SHAQisGOAT
11-27-2015, 08:52 AM
It is what it is... Rubio's a terrific passer with lots of vision, smart player, pretty good defensive player, pretty good rebounder for his position BUT he's a below average and very incosistent shooter (only good enough from the FT-line), he's not even what you'd call a good finisher, he's a mediocre scorer... And, at this point, I don't even think that that's gonna change that much.

Frazier, West, David Thompson, Westphal, Van Lier, Gervin, Chaney, Sloan, DJ, Phil Smith, Chenier, Randy Smith, Lionel Hollins...

:rolleyes:

GTFOH

Imagine if Rubio faced these guards LOL

http://i33.tinypic.com/25q817l.jpg

He would be a legend in that era.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-04-2014/y3nP5M.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-24-2014/H3B8xD.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-25-2014/ZMepjG.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-24-2014/bHkrWo.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-24-2014/HAyGCB.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-24-2014/sKNDUP.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-25-2014/uibBCN.gif

:rolleyes:

JtotheIzzo
11-27-2015, 08:54 AM

.354 from the field.

An injury-plagued bust.

Wolves are so much better though with him on the court as oppose to Lavine.

Stats don't tell the whole story with this team, KAT, Wiggins and Rubio are winners, and guys like Tayshaun, KG and Andre Miller are winners and doing a great job mentoring.

Bosnian Sajo
11-27-2015, 12:12 PM

Maybe because those two took their teams to the finals (Kidd twice alone, third time with Dirk) while Rubio has never even sniffed the playoffs? Yall argue the dumbest things.

SHAQisGOAT
11-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Maybe because those two took their teams to the finals (Kidd twice alone, third time with Dirk) while Rubio has never even sniffed the playoffs? Yall argue the dumbest things.

Also pretty dumb to compare a player who scores like 10 points per game to one who was scoring over 25 (or over 15 with even better all-around play, for Kidd)...

Euroleague
11-27-2015, 07:24 PM

Yeah, they sure miss his 4 points and 3 assists per game that he had "over there".........

Euroleague
11-27-2015, 07:26 PM
Yeah no shit a 24 year old soon-to-be prime Rubio is playing better than his 12 year old self in Euroleague. Players tend to be better AFTER their balls drop. Hell even before that he was a 3x player of the year in Europe.

He was the by far worst rotation player in Euroleague at age 19-20.

He was never in his life named a "player of the year in Europe".

You are absolutely INSANE.

ShawkFactory
11-27-2015, 07:34 PM
He was the by far worst rotation player in Euroleague at age 19-20.

He was never in his life named a "player of the year in Europe"

You are absolutely INSANE.
You're calling other people insane while saying that the NBA is the third best league in the world.

You deserve to be shot in the leg and then trampled by water buffalo

Euroleague
11-27-2015, 07:41 PM
Last time you tried to argue this you looked like an idiot by comparing stats of his as a 16 and 17 year old playing against grown men. He's not a greater player, he wasn't a great player in europe. But as a kid he was a decent prospect if he could learn to shoot he just never has. You don't seem to grasp prospects and why NBA teams would take a guy whos a teenager from europe based on potential rather than an older vet who might be better now but not long term.

He was the worst rotation player in Euroleague at age 20, not age 16 to 17.

That has been proven here in DOZENS OF THREADS.

You have LIED DOZENS of times and claimed he was "only 16 at the time", even though he was twenty years old.

You just LIED ABOUT IT AGAIN.

In fact, Rubio did not even play in the Euroleague at age 17, but you claimed here hundreds of times that he did, and you just did so again.

You are a worthless POS and a totally creepy pathological liar.

Euroleague
11-27-2015, 07:49 PM
The BEST vision in the NBA period (yes better than everyone else).
One of the best technical passers (only Rondo and Lebron are better; CP3 is arguable).
One of the best decision makers (Only about 5-10 are better).
Good defender (just short of elite)
Great leader.
Garbage everything else.

True.

However, the part in bold puts his true level as a player, and especially as a point guard into proper perspective. Because you are specifying NBA only.

His court vision is not even top 30 level if you include Euroleague/Eurocup players.

Americans and especially NBA only fans make gigantic exaggerations and overrating on the level of any big man that can shoot, or any player that can pass really well and has good court vision - because they don't actually exist in the USA.

Guards with Rubio's court vision are common place in Europe.

Euroleague
11-27-2015, 07:53 PM
Wolves are so much better though with him on the court as oppose to Lavine.

Stats don't tell the whole story with this team, KAT, Wiggins and Rubio are winners, and guys like Tayshaun, KG and Andre Miller are winners and doing a great job mentoring.

So the standard of determining whether Rubio sucks or not, is comparing how the Wolves play with him, versus how the Wolves play with Lavine (who is easily one of the lowest skilled guards in professional basketball).............

Yeah, that makes sense.....

Euroleague
11-27-2015, 07:55 PM
You're calling other people insane while saying that the NBA is the third best league in the world.

You deserve to be shot in the leg and then trampled by water buffalo

I never said the NBA was the third best league in the world idiot. Stop making up false lies.

The amount of idiocy and lying in this forum is ludicrous.

ShawkFactory
11-27-2015, 07:57 PM
I never said the NBA was the third best league in the world idiot. Stop making up false lies.

The amount of idiocy and lying in this forum is ludicrous.
You absolutely did you lying fvck :lol

You're like 30 something probably calm down you POS

Euroleague
11-27-2015, 08:00 PM
You absolutely did you lying fvck

I never in my entire life have said the NBA was the third best basketball league in the world.

Never once in my life have I ever said any such thing.

I have said the Euroleague is better than the NBA (because it IS, that's a FACT). I've never claimed any other basketball league is better than the NBA, nor even as good as the NBA. Because none are, except for the Euroleague.

Keep up with that level of trolling, false accusations and lying, and I am sending an abuse report against you.

ShawkFactory
11-27-2015, 08:14 PM
I never in my entire life have said the NBA was the third best basketball league in the world.

Never once in my life have I ever said any such thing.

I have said the Euroleague is better than the NBA (because it IS, that's a FACT). I've never claimed any other basketball league is better than the NBA, nor even as good as the NBA. Because none are, except for the Euroleague.

Keep up with that level of trolling, false accusations and lying, and I am sending an abuse report against you.
Well...lying.

But you're calling other people insane while claiming the euroleague is better than the NBA. Weird

Euroleague
11-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Well...lying.

But you're calling other people insane while claiming the euroleague is better than the NBA. Weird

I'm not lying asshole. I've never in my life claimed the NBA was the third best basketball league in the world.

And there is nothing "insane" about saying the Euroleague is better than the NBA. Because anyone with even the most basic basketball knowledge and an IQ over 80 knows the Euroleague is better if they watch both leagues.

Pretty much every single American coach that has ever worked in Europe, or even in American training camps with Euroleague players even says the same thing.

JtotheIzzo
11-27-2015, 11:48 PM
So the standard of determining whether Rubio sucks or not, is comparing how the Wolves play with him, versus how the Wolves play with Lavine (who is easily one of the lowest skilled guards in professional basketball).............

Yeah, that makes sense.....

No, you f*ckin hillbilly with a dumb agenda wanna be Eurofag scumbag, it means Rubio is doing a good job running the Wolves this year, they are playing above their forecasts.

Agree with you on Lavine though, his defense and IQ are the lowest in the league.