PDA

View Full Version : Peak Bird or Prime Curry?

Marchesk
11-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Who would you want on your team in 2015?

Harison
11-19-2015, 11:10 AM
WTF :facepalm

Kids these days :banghead:

JohnnySic
11-19-2015, 11:17 AM
:biggums:

ClipperRevival
11-19-2015, 11:21 AM
It's not blasphemy to ask this question. Curry is just entering his prime and we have to see what he does the next 3-4 years.

Quickening
11-19-2015, 11:25 AM
Curry is on course to have a better season than anything Bird put up... but long way to go.

stalkerforlife
11-19-2015, 11:25 AM
lmao

Curry is the best player in the world currently, but Bird was insanely good.

Bird > Bran.

sd3035
11-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Both over Wilt

Marchesk
11-19-2015, 11:29 AM
Both over Wilt

24/24/7.8/8.5/68% for 68 wins, championship

sd3035
11-19-2015, 11:35 AM

https://farm1.static.flickr.com/193/463737363_d5f906e3f9_b.jpg

Pushxx
11-19-2015, 11:38 AM
lmao

Curry is the best player in the world currently, but Bird was insanely good.

Bird > Bran.

Bird at his peak was a little more clearly the best player in the world, where it's still reasonable to choose LeBron for that title right now.

Peak Bird is arguably the best peak of all time, as we may say for Curry as well soon, but he's not there yet.

Gileraracer
11-19-2015, 11:41 AM

Historically weak era where the average player was 6'1 or something.

@ Topic: Bird easily.

feyki
11-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Historically weak era where the average player was 6'1 or something.

@ Topic: Bird easily.

6'6 .

People always overrate the popular guy . I'm not surprised .

Lebronxrings
11-19-2015, 12:03 PM
curry easily

SHAQisGOAT
11-19-2015, 12:59 PM
:coleman:

Bird has a top5 GOAT peak, and most likely would've been even a better fit in today's game...

Kvnzhangyay
11-19-2015, 01:15 PM
Bird at his peak was a little more clearly the best player in the world, where it's still reasonable to choose LeBron for that title right now.

Peak Bird is arguably the best peak of all time, as we may say for Curry as well soon, but he's not there yet.

Now this is just overrating it

Bird's peak (i consider 86), is clearly underneath Jordan 91, Shaq 00, Wilt 67, Lebron 13, and possibly Hakeem 94

Still, peak Bird > curry rn

GoatBoy
11-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Will be a more fair question to ask when it's peak curry vs. peak bird. Curry is just entering into his prime, and with his play style, will be destroying the league for the next 7-8 years

fpliii
11-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Will be a more fair question to ask when it's peak curry vs. peak bird. Curry is just entering into his prime, and with his play style, will be destroying the league for the next 7-8 years
I think Curry is an absolute monster, but the bolded is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. Dude will be 28 in the playoffs. Not just about him, we saw the same thing before LeBron went to Miami, and we still see it for KD.

People seem to view a guy's prime as a much tighter window than it really is, and IMO are mixing up guys' extended prime years with their peaks.

It's all semantics I guess, but guys are for the most part already in their primes by their mid 20s.

DMAVS41
11-19-2015, 01:35 PM
I think Curry is an absolute monster, but the bolded is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. Dude will be 28 in the playoffs. Not just about him, we saw the same thing before LeBron went to Miami, and we still see it for KD.

People seem to view a guy's prime as a much tighter window than it really is, and IMO are mixing up guys' extended prime years with their peaks.

It's all semantics I guess, but guys are for the most part already in their primes by their mid 20s.

Yep.

Elosha
11-19-2015, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry, but 12 games into the season does not a "peak" make. Let's see Curry keep this up all year long before we start anointing him as the "next" whoever. Clearly, he's having an absolute monster start to the season, but this is a guy who's traditionally been a very good, but not all time great scorer. 21.3 points per game for his career. Averaging 33+ is an extremely high statistical aberration for him. Maybe he can keep it up for a whole season, or maybe he'll end up averaging 25-27.

He's had one of the most dominant, efficient and successful (12-0) runs I've ever seen. It should be applauded but not overstated. It's way too early to realistically be talking about "peaks."

SugarHill
11-19-2015, 06:12 PM

people just mixup prime and peak

FreezingTsmoove
11-19-2015, 06:19 PM
I can only imagine a peak Bird having an offense run through his post game in todays era.

Ill take Bird

His post up game creates a bigger matchup nightmare than Currys range

plowking
11-19-2015, 06:40 PM

Bron's best years were in Miami though, and probably from ages 27-29.

plowking
11-19-2015, 06:41 PM
I can only imagine a peak Bird having an offense run through his post game in todays era.

Ill take Bird

His post up game creates a bigger matchup nightmare than Currys range

Never has a post up game created a bigger matchup than Curry's shooting outside of Shaq.

FKAri
11-19-2015, 06:48 PM
Never has a post up game created a bigger matchup than Curry's shooting outside of Shaq.

I think this is overblown. You're basically saying Curry right now is a top 2 offensive threat ever. I'd put the breaks on that. It's very difficult to determine how much the system and a great team are helping with that. What would Curry look like on a bottom table team? Would he really help them more offensively than peak Larry Bird?

3ball
11-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Bird is a 6'9" Curry, who rebounds twice as much, passes better, and can score inside and out equally.

**** all the handles - that doesn't help a team - handles are merely the method Curry uses to elude defenders, just like Bird's size, strength and moves allowed him to score.

Curry isn't comparable to Bird - Bird was multi-dimensional, while Curry is a one-dimensional gunner...

(Albeit a high efficiency gunner due to the existence of the 3-point line... Whereas Bird would still be efficient without the 3-point line, due to his vastly superior 2-point shot-making)

salwan
11-19-2015, 06:59 PM
curry will inevitably cool down a bit. let's not forget that it's been a stretch of 12games.

plowking
11-19-2015, 07:00 PM
I think this is overblown. You're basically saying Curry right now is a top 2 offensive threat ever. I'd put the breaks on that. It's very difficult to determine how much the system and a great team are helping with that. What would Curry look like on a bottom table team? Would he really help them more offensively than peak Larry Bird?

We've seen Curry on a worse team; when the Warriors sucked. He was still shooting lights out, but now he is a better player, and the team followed suit.

To be honest, I think he is better than his 24/8 stats suggest. People tend to forget he plays low minutes too. Last season was honestly probably more equivalent to a 27/9 type season, but we don't see it with him due to how well managed the team is now.

I think his numbers right now are slightly on the higher side due to some of the team struggling offensively, and even defensively, so he really has to pick up the load. But I do think he is a 27-29ppg scorer, and great passer on top of that. Not to mention, take a look at his handles. He went from someone you couldn't always trust with the ball to having the best handles in the league in terms of both security and flash. Paul individually probably has him on security, and Kyrie probably has him on flash, but a merger of the two, and it is definitely him.

He is one of, if not the best shooter ever, and one of, if not the best ball handlers ever. He is a huge mismatch. Even if after this season he goes back to averaging 18ppg and never wins another game in his life, doesn't take away what he is done these last 120 games, which is play some of the best basketball ever seen.

J Shuttlesworth
11-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Didn't Bird average 50-40-90 over the span of a few seasons?

Marchesk
11-19-2015, 07:06 PM
He is one of, if not the best shooter ever, and one of, if not the best ball handlers ever. He is a huge mismatch. Even if after this season he goes back to averaging 18ppg and never wins another game in his life, doesn't take away what he is done these last 120 games, which is play some of the best basketball ever seen.

But what you're saying is that current Curry's offense > ABA Dr J, peak Wilt, peak Baylor, West, Shaq, Oscar, Jordan, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Kareem, Kobe, Lebron, Barkley, etc.

That's crazy. You can argue for him being up there with those guys, but better than all but one of them?

TheMilkyBarKid
11-19-2015, 07:15 PM
Bird all damn day.

People overlook that when Bird came into the league the 3 pointer was viewed as a novelty, not a legitimate strategy like it is today.

Allow Bird to play in an era where 3 pointers are encouraged, stretch 4's are more common and bigs are not as big and he could very well be hands down the best PF ever.

plowking
11-19-2015, 07:27 PM
But what you're saying is that current Curry's offense > ABA Dr J, peak Wilt, peak Baylor, West, Shaq, Oscar, Jordan, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Kareem, Kobe, Lebron, Barkley, etc.

That's crazy. You can argue for him being up there with those guys, but better than all but one of them?

Sometimes a player comes along, and he can do something others can't. Doesn't make him better, but for a while, they need time to figure him out.

Same with Durant when he was on his MVP run... It was ridiculous the way he was shooting the ball at his height. Then Allen kinda figured him out a little and found physicality was one way you might be able to slow him down.
For Shaq and Wilt, they never found a solution. For Curry, the verdict is still out.

The fact is, a guy shooting 45% on threes while dragging the defense around is always going to be a massive plus. He is a great dribbler, passer and shooter. Those are undeniable.

The point is, you ask the question "have you seen a PG play better than this"? What is the answer? Umm, maybe, and then you list off names that consist of Magic, West and Oscar... That should tell you how well he is playing.

EDIT: And no, I don't think he is better than Bird. Given his current level of play, I'd take him over a few of those names though.

Inferno
11-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Sometimes a player comes along, and he can do something others can't. Doesn't make him better, but for a while, they need time to figure him out.

Same with Durant when he was on his MVP run... It was ridiculous the way he was shooting the ball at his height. Then Allen kinda figured him out a little and found physicality was one way you might be able to slow him down.
For Shaq and Wilt, they never found a solution. For Curry, the verdict is still out.

The fact is, a guy shooting 45% on threes while dragging the defense around is always going to be a massive plus. He is a great dribbler, passer and shooter. Those are undeniable.

The point is, you ask the question "have you seen a PG play better than this"? What is the answer? Umm, maybe, and then you list off names that consist of Magic, West and Oscar... That should tell you how well he is playing.

EDIT: And no, I don't think he is better than Bird. Given his current level of play, I'd take him over a few of those names though.

:applause: Great post

Marchesk
11-19-2015, 07:46 PM

Okay. Good overall answer :cheers:

La Frescobaldi
11-19-2015, 07:50 PM
:applause: Great post
not a great post. it was not bad though. a nice step back from the wrongness of his earlier one

La Frescobaldi
11-19-2015, 07:53 PM

flip side of this we never saw a "bottom table" Celtics squad that Bird ever played on either.

Even the sour Warriors of a few years back don't even approach any number of Sixers atrocities we have seen

PsychoBe
11-19-2015, 08:12 PM
flip side of this we never saw a "bottom table" Celtics squad that Bird ever played on either.

Even the sour Warriors of a few years back don't even approach any number of Sixers atrocities we have seen

wrong.

bird essentially took the equivalent of the magic's last year into the playoffs in the stacked east single-handedly.

dhsilv
11-19-2015, 08:15 PM

Curry clearly made a HUGE jump 2 years ago and another one last year. This year he's on a pace that can't be sustained but another HUGE leap.

If you mean athletic prime he's clearly been in it a while. As for basketball prime, I feel the recent jump is enough to consider (last year) a new level. Hopefully that makes some sense. Certainly we don't define these things well, but I truly looks like Curry the last 2 years has made HUGE strides.

dhsilv
11-19-2015, 08:17 PM
Bron's best years were in Miami though, and probably from ages 27-29.

08-10 was by FAR lebron's best 3 year run by any major stat. Watching him and seeing him in the playoffs that run was un real. His team however was horrible.

dhsilv
11-19-2015, 08:18 PM

96-98 MJ? Wilt? Kareem?

Curry is able to change the way the game is played in ways others haven't done, but more so than the post game of greats? Seems a bit much.

dhsilv
11-19-2015, 08:21 PM

Why are you including the minor leagues? Can we all agree that ABA dominance is a nice to have, but not meaningful in an nba sense for once? And yeah Curry is better than DR J....who was never that good.

dhsilv
11-19-2015, 08:24 PM
As to the topic at hand, I think Curry offensively was as or is as good as bird ever was maybe better. However I think bird is one of the few guys from the past who missed his era. West and Bird are imo the two guys who most missed out on the spacing and 3 point shooting of today (assuming west could learn to dribble like today's players).

Bird is a better passing and rebounding and on ball defender version of Dirk. As good as Bird was, I think he honestly could have been used better by a coach with a bit more understanding of the 3 point line. This issue isn't even a rules issue as much as people understand the game better and for some reason it took math to figure out 3's were worth more than 2's for the vast majority of old school coaches.

DMAVS41
11-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Prime Curry?

Like...his play the last 3 years? Bird and it's not remotely close.

Curry...as in his play over the last 12 games vs Bird at his best? I'd still take Bird, but it's an argument.

But we have to tap the brakes a bit here on this stuff. You don't judge players by 12 games at a time...or 20 games at a time...etc. You judge them by seasons.

I can't see the future, but I'd imagine Curry is on somewhat of a hot streak right now and I can't imagine his scoring or his efficiency stays constant.

I don't even think this is a discussion until at least through 65 games of regular season...and even then I'd want to see the playoffs.

But if we are just going to throw out reality and pretend like prime Curry is only the last 12 games...then yea...Curry is up there with just about anyone in history outside of a handful plus of players.

Unfortunately for Curry...peak Bird is one of those players that was on a different level than even the Curry of the last 12 games...imo of course.

warriorfan
11-19-2015, 08:47 PM
Unfortunately for Curry...peak Bird is one of those players that was on a different level than even the Curry of the last 12 games...imo of course.

:yaohappy:

DMAVS41
11-19-2015, 08:56 PM
:yaohappy:

You didn't see Bird play...we all know this.

So just stop.

warriorfan
11-19-2015, 09:00 PM
You didn't see Bird play...we all know this.

So just stop.

meltdown

kennethgriffin
11-19-2015, 09:01 PM
bird could play defense, pass, and rebound while shooting nearly as well as curry

so...

DMAVS41
11-19-2015, 09:02 PM
Sigh...there is like a handful of people left here you can actually have conversations with.

SHAQisGOAT
11-19-2015, 09:52 PM
Bird has some pretty good 12-games stretches...

in 1984-85:
35.8 PPG on 53.2% FG / 85.7% FT; 10-2 team record

in 1985-86:
27.8 PPG / 12.7 RPG / 8.8 APG; 6 triple-doubles; 10-2 team record (McHale not playing)

in 1985-86:
31.3 / 9.1 / 6.2 / 1.7 / 0.6 on 59.7% FG / 62.5% 3P / 88.2% FT; 12-0 team record

in 1986-87:
32.5 / 9.1 / 9.6 / 2.0 / 0.9 on 57.0% FG / 37.0% 3P / 91.2% FT

in 1987-88:
33.2 / 12.5 / 5.5 / 1.5 / 1.2 on 52.4% FG / 43.6% 3P / 91.1% FT

:rolleyes:

(btw, Celtics' average pace in 1987 and 1988 was lower than the current Warriors'... worthless difference but just in case some ignorant mf'er wanna bring that up)

And those are just the raw numbers though... Bird was at his very best level in 1986 and didn't even have his very best raw stats then... You gotta look at everything though, along with that eye-test... 1986 Bird was UNREAL, a basketball savant, just a beast, dude was looking like Neo in the Matrix out there.
He did things that Curry never did, he played at a level that Curry have never reached (only a handful ever did though).

Larry had that great height (matters in bball), he was a big offensive weapon in the post (in a way that Curry ain't or just can't be), while also being one of the GOAT overall shooters (from anywhere in any way), probably the GOAT off-ball player, he's way more impactful on the boards than Curry can ever be, ofc that he can't play point or handle the rock like Steph but he was a better pure passer, considerably more impactful on defense...

--> Bird had a top5 GOAT peak (along with Shaq, Jordan, Kareem and Wilt)... As of right now (let the season finish first though), Curry's best is not even a top10 peak... As great as Curry is and as terrific as he's been, this question shouldn't even be asked, tbh.
Plus, Larry would've most likely even been a better fit right now than he was in the 1980s.

Didn't Bird average 50-40-90 over the span of a few seasons?

Yea...

from 1984-85 until 1987-88 regular-seasons combined (4 rs's):
28.1 / 9.7 / 6.8 / 1.8 / 0.9 on 51.7% FG / 41.4% 3P / 90.1% FT

TheMilkyBarKid
11-19-2015, 10:17 PM
Bird has some pretty good 12-games stretches...

in 1984-85:
35.8 PPG on 53.2% FG / 85.7% FT; 10-2 team record

in 1985-86:
27.8 PPG / 12.7 RPG / 8.8 APG; 6 triple-doubles; 10-2 team record (McHale not playing)

in 1985-86:
31.3 / 9.1 / 6.2 / 1.7 / 0.6 on 59.7% FG / 62.5% 3P / 88.2% FT; 12-0 team record

in 1986-87:
32.5 / 9.1 / 9.6 / 2.0 / 0.9 on 57.0% FG / 37.0% 3P / 91.2% FT

in 1987-88:
33.2 / 12.5 / 5.5 / 1.5 / 1.2 on 52.4% FG / 43.6% 3P / 91.1% FT

:rolleyes:

(btw, Celtics' average pace in 1987 and 1988 was lower than the current Warriors'... worthless difference but just in case some ignorant mf'er wanna bring that up)

And those are just the raw numbers though... Bird was at his very best level in 1986 and didn't even have his very best raw stats then... You gotta look at everything though, along with that eye-test... 1986 Bird was UNREAL, a basketball savant, just a beast, dude was looking like Neo in the Matrix out there.
He did things that Curry never did, he played at a level that Curry have never reached (only a handful ever did though).

Larry had that great height (matters in bball), he was a big offensive weapon in the post (in a way that Curry ain't or just can't be), while also being one of the GOAT overall shooters (from anywhere in any way), probably the GOAT off-ball player, he's way more impactful on the boards than Curry can ever be, ofc that he can't play point or handle the rock like Steph but he was a better pure passer, considerably more impactful on defense...

--> Bird had a top5 GOAT peak (along with Shaq, Jordan, Kareem and Wilt)... As of right now (let the season finish first though), Curry's best is not even a top10 peak... As great as Curry is and as terrific as he's been, this question shouldn't even be asked, tbh.
Plus, Larry would've most likely even been a better fit right now than he was in the 1980s.

Yea...

from 1984-85 until 1987-88 regular-seasons combined (4 rs's):
28.1 / 9.7 / 6.8 / 1.8 / 0.9 on 51.7% FG / 41.4% 3P / 90.1% FT
:bowdown: Larry Legend

warriorfan
11-19-2015, 10:18 PM
Sigh...there is like a handful of people left here you can actually have conversations with.

AMC induced meltdown

aj1987
11-19-2015, 10:27 PM
Curry is a better shooter. That's it. They're not even close in any other area of basketball.

DoctorP
11-19-2015, 10:28 PM
Who would you want on your team in 2015?

In today's game Curry, in Bird's time, Bird.

aj1987
11-19-2015, 10:32 PM
In today's game Curry, in Bird's time, Bird.
Prime Bird would be the best player in the league. Dude is one of the GOAT shooters, passes better than most PG's today (including Curry), was pretty decent defensively, and is considered to be one of the best scorers ever.

Prime Bird > '16 Curry

FKAri
11-19-2015, 10:32 PM
AMC induced meltdown

Why do you refer to Curry as "A Mother's ****"?

DoctorP
11-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Prime Bird would be the best player in the league. Dude is one of the GOAT shooters, passes better than most PG's today (including Curry), was pretty decent defensively, and is considered to be one of the best scorers ever.

Prime Bird > '16 Curry

Curry is a better shooter tho and is quicker and can play the point.

aj1987
11-19-2015, 10:34 PM
Curry is a better shooter tho and is quicker and can play the point.
Yeah, but Bird is the better overall scorer, playmaker, defender, and rebounder. Literally does everything else better than Bird.

Jasi
11-19-2015, 10:35 PM
And what if the question was: Prime Bird or Peak Curry?

DoctorP
11-19-2015, 10:36 PM
Yeah, but Bird is the better overall scorer, playmaker, defender, and rebounder. Literally does everything else better than Bird.

http://i.imgur.com/Cpz1VHQ.gif

Kvnzhangyay
11-19-2015, 10:39 PM

You really think Bird's peak season is better than Hakeem's 93 season or Lebron's 13 season? :biggums:

Also, Curry's current season would easily be a top 10 GOAT peak season. If his stats don't regress at all from right now its an arguable top 5 (hard to imagine that the law of averages doesn't kick in though)

Cold soul
11-19-2015, 10:51 PM
Prime Bird by many moons not that close either these new school fans think Curry has any arguement. :biggums:

SHAQisGOAT
11-19-2015, 10:58 PM
You really think Bird's peak season is better than Hakeem's 93 season or Lebron's 13 season? :biggums:

Also, Curry's current season would easily be a top 10 GOAT peak season. If his stats don't regress at all from right now its an arguable top 5 (hard to imagine that the law of averages doesn't kick in though)

Most people who know their shit will say the same... You keep bringing that narrative though, acting like it's something ridiculous to say and whatnot just to get people to buy into your shit :oldlol:

It's been 12 games so far... He's been just terrific but those type of assumptions are pretty much worthless at this point, tbh. Don't overreact to that point, like a little school girl.
"Curry's current season would easily be a top 10 GOAT peak season" :rolleyes: Right, if he didn't play any more games as of right now people would be looking at his 12-game season and calling it one of the GOAT seasons... No doubt :rolleyes:

Round Mound
11-19-2015, 11:37 PM
:facepalm

La Frescobaldi
11-19-2015, 11:39 PM
Prime Curry?

Like...his play the last 3 years? Bird and it's not remotely close.

Curry...as in his play over the last 12 games vs Bird at his best? I'd still take Bird, but it's an argument.

But we have to tap the brakes a bit here on this stuff. You don't judge players by 12 games at a time...or 20 games at a time...etc. You judge them by seasons.

I can't see the future, but I'd imagine Curry is on somewhat of a hot streak right now and I can't imagine his scoring or his efficiency stays constant.

I don't even think this is a discussion until at least through 65 games of regular season...and even then I'd want to see the playoffs.

But if we are just going to throw out reality and pretend like prime Curry is only the last 12 games...then yea...Curry is up there with just about anyone in history outside of a handful plus of players.

Seems almost like Linsanity in a way lol when Lin could not be stopped no matter what they threw in front of him. Until Anthony showed up again off his well deserved bench spot and ruined everything.
But Curry, it's different from that

Kvnzhangyay
11-19-2015, 11:50 PM

Most people who know their shit will say the same... You keep bringing that narrative though, acting like it's something ridiculous to say and whatnot just to get people to buy into your shit :oldlol:

It's been 12 games so far... He's been just terrific but those type of assumptions are pretty much worthless at this point, tbh. Don't overreact to that point, like a little school girl.
"Curry's current season would easily be a top 10 GOAT peak season" :rolleyes: Right, if he didn't play any more games as of right now people would be looking at his 12-game season and calling it one of the GOAT seasons... No doubt :rolleyes:

Why isn't it possible?

Also I haven't met any credible posters yet that have Bird as a top 5 peak. Even older fans don't believe Bird's peak was that great- many of the older workers (often in backofice jobs like pwm) i know consider Curry to be something special, and they don't think Bird's peak was GOAT level at all.

You may disagree, but you are just one opinion vs many, so you are essentially agreeing to disagree with the majority, which is fine, just letting you know :confusedshrug:

SHAQisGOAT
11-20-2015, 12:06 AM
Why isn't it possible?

Also I haven't met any credible posters yet that have Bird as a top 5 peak. Even older fans don't believe Bird's peak was that great- many of the older workers (often in backofice jobs like pwm) i know consider Curry to be something special, and they don't think Bird's peak was GOAT level at all.

You may disagree, but you are just one opinion vs many, so you are essentially agreeing to disagree with the majority, which is fine, just letting you know :confusedshrug:

Why you bullshitting though, son? :kobe:
No need for that...

One opinion vs many :roll:
There you go again with some ridiculous, over-the-top claims to try and get people to buy into your shit... Nothing but an ignorant shock-jock :facepalm :oldlol:

TheBigVeto
11-20-2015, 01:28 AM
Curry is awesome but come on lay off the crack pipe dude.

Kvnzhangyay
11-20-2015, 01:45 AM
Why you bullshitting though, son? :kobe:
No need for that...

One opinion vs many :roll:
There you go again with some ridiculous, over-the-top claims to try and get people to buy into your shit... Nothing but an ignorant shock-jock :facepalm :oldlol:

You're fine to disagree if you disagree with my connections and I :confusedshrug:

Why do you care so much about the opinions of people you don't even know? (And are much older than you) :facepalm